Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 1,991

Sintown

More people need to play the game Bully (by Rockstar) it is way more unknown than it should be.

Sintown

Xyphon22

Does anybody have any advice on what would be the best Zelda game for a 7-year-old to start with? My son loves Mario, but he has seemed to be getting more into Zelda lately, just talking about it and wanting me to tell him stories. I have played them all, but I grew up on the original and I'm not sure what would be the best game for a kid to start on. It seems like maybe Minish Cap or Link Between Worlds might be good, but my son does not really play the 3DS. Any suggestions?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Captain_Toad

@Xyphon22 Is there any other systems he own besides the 3ds?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Xyphon22

@Captain_Toad I own every Zelda game in one form or another. I was just saying that because those two games which seem to me like they might be good for a first Zelda game I only have on the 3DS. Also the GB ones (the two Oracles and Awakening) I only have on the 3DS, too.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Captain_Toad

@Xyphon22 I would choose Ocarina of Time or minish cap.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Magician

Been playing quite a bit of Dauntless since it arrived on PS4. Here at about ten hours in, I haven't seen an opportunity to trap monsters, just slay them outright. And the progression system has the usual pay-to-win mechanics you see with other F2P games. My only complaint are the servers; sometimes it's impossible simply play because servers are full and often times my progression fails to load between missions (setting me back at the tutorial mission) forcing me to log out and log back in...that is...if I can get back in.

Hmm, as a F2P game it's great, but the offline alternatives are still better. Monster Hunter, God Eater, Soul Sacrifice, Freedom Wars, Toukiden, etc.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

I'm looking for PS2 Europe Only games. The PS2 games i have registered yet so far:

1. Dancing Stage Fushion
2. Noddy and the Magic Book
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ???

Please help me to find the ??? games.
The games i'm looking for should be :
1. PEGI 3+ / 7+. NO 16+ / 18+ Whatsoever
2. NO FIFA / soccer / general realistic racing games / Madden / NFL / Wrestling
3. NO shooting games
4. NO Western superheroes / Marvel / Western Movies
5. NO Guitar Hero / Rock Band
6. Prefered Edutainment games

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

@Anti-Matter (Not necessarily my taste, but I think they fit your criteria)
Buzz the Music Quiz
Frequency (although that is by Harmonix)
Jak and Daxter etc erm
Who Wants To be a Millionaire
bucket loads of Nickelodeon games.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Anti-Matter

@GrailUK
Thank you. 😀
Btw, any website that show me Europe ONLY console / handhelds games since i tried to rely from gamefaqs with their complete library from A to Z but i still found some Europe ONLY games that haven't mentioned from gamefaqs ?
Typically games like that are not so popular games / hidden gems.

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

@Anti-Matter Try cex.co.uk They tend to have every PS2 UK game lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

samus1818

Here are some recommendations. I'm in the U.S.A.; I think some of these games may be a bit different in the U.K. This list not in any ranking order.

• 4 Heroes of Light-Final Fantasy-Nintendo DS.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X-Wii U.
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed- Various consoles
  • Gravity Rush- PlayStation Vita
  • The Last Story-Wii.
  • Wipeout 2048-Playstation Vita
  • Little King's Story-Wii
  • de Blob- Various consoles
    Castlevania Curse of Darkness- PlayStation 2 & Original Xbox
  • PlayStation All-Stars-PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita
    Freedom Wars-PlayStation Vita
    Power Stone 1 & 2- Dreamcast & PlayStation Portable
    Patapon- PlayStation Portable
    Final Fantasy Tactics- Various consoles
    Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift- Nintendo DS
    >I'm Going to stop here

Edited on by samus1818

samus1818

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter There s a couple of dance games like your fav dance dance revolution and some eye toy games and maybe 10 different type of games like anbuis ,ace lighting, and Hugo a sort of strategy game.there's a lot of karting games which you said you don't want also some cricket games

Ninfan

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter you should get on to Amazon big time there selling PS2 dance games used for a penny and 6 pound delivery

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Okay, thanks for the info.
But for Dance Dance Revolution games (PS2 & PS1) my main focus on Japanese version since they are based on Arcade and USA version for mixture of Arcade + Home console version songs. DDR Europe version (called Dancing Stage 🤨) is my least favourite since they are poor in song list amount and lack of based on Arcade licensed songs.
I usually order them from Ebay.

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

So, I borrowed Donkey Kong Country Returns from a friend years ago and played it as far as world 8, but didn't quite finish it. I definitely want to buy it for myself at some point but not sure which version to get. Is the Wii or 3DS version better?

And I have the same question about Kirby's Epic Yarn actually. I always wanted to get that game but never did, and I've heard mixed things about the 3DS version. Opinions on that would be appreciated too.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

Dogorilla wrote:

So, I borrowed Donkey Kong Country Returns from a friend years ago and played it as far as world 8, but didn't quite finish it. I definitely want to buy it for myself at some point but not sure which version to get. Is the Wii or 3DS version better?

The 3DS version had a few really nice extra levels whilst the Wii had the motion controls. If you can't stand the waving arm gameplay of the Wii era go for he 3DS version.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dogorilla

jump wrote:

Dogorilla wrote:

The 3DS version had a few really nice extra levels whilst the Wii had the motion controls. If you can't stand the waving arm gameplay of the Wii era go for he 3DS version.

Thanks, I'll probably go with 3DS then. I don't think I was too bothered by the motion controls before but I'd rather have simple button controls for a fast-paced platformer like this, and having the extra levels would be good. I'm leaning towards 3DS for Kirby's Epic Yarn too unless anyone recommends otherwise, as it has extra modes that aren't in the original.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ScottNintendo

I don't think I've recommended it before but definitely the Yakuza series, on pc and ps4.

SN

Themnioncy

StarBoy91 wrote:

• Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Secret of Mana
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Neutopia
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

RPGs are awesome, and any of these will be a good option.

I loved RPGs when I was younger (Diablo 1, Heroes of might and magic, swords and sandals, etc) but with time single player games just stopped beign enough to sattisfy me. i need constant fear of dying to another player and losing important items in mmo game

Themnioncy

Von_Spaun

Just a few off the top of my head, in no particular order:

• Killing Floor 2 - PC/PS4
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X - Wii U
  • Dragon Age Origins - PC/PS3/Xbox 360
  • Don't Starve - PC/Switch/Wii U/PS3/PS4
  • Dying Light - PC/PS4/Xbox One
  • Dawn of War II series - PC

Von_Spaun

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic