Forums

Topic: The Unoffical TV Show Mega Thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 990

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Snatcher alot the 2 big ones are beating an ex girlfriend/not letting her leave Thier house and grooming a 15 year old

And about the future of R&M. I think it’s always been Dan harmon as the guy with the deeper more sophisticated ideas and nihilism while Roiland was the funny random guy. To give an example

Rick; the universe is completely random and there is no reason for you to be alive (harmon)

Morty; Gee rick are you sure?(harmon)

Mr Corn butt; I’m mr corn butt I poop corn(Roiland)

Morty; Jeeze (Harmon )

They just need to fill Justins role with a new comedian. Because even then he had become less involved with tick and morty ever since these alligantions started. And His voice can be explained with a meta gag. I honestly don’t think this is a death sentence

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H
Holy S##t guys Puss in boots 2 is great
https://youtu.be/bEoNNYyVNxc - Puss in boots 2 preview

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

Not that harmon isn’t a good comedy writer anyone who has seen community can testify the man’s hilarious. I think the show can function and be great without Roiland

Top Games, Xenoblade 1 2 3, Noir a tomato/replicats, Mario galaxy 1 2, MGS5, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, Yakuza Like a dragon, GOW 2018, Doom 2016, Dragon quest 11, Bug fables, FE3H

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Can I take back what I said? I just thought about it and there are a lot of people to fill the voice, Also, dans jokes sound better, I haven’t watched the show, but from what it sounds like, someone has more comedic knowledge. Who knows, maybe the show will be better, but there are several people I’m sure that can do he’s job, he had like one voice anyway.

That’s gross, like really, why dude. I know they say comedians have a dark side but come on this is a little much.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I edited a pfp! I really like it, I did have some editing hiccups tho. Juri for life!

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Snatcher just as an example of Harmons comedy (not purely his because he is a head writer that means there are multiple voices but you get the idea)

Roiland’s voice isn important to the show but shows have dealt with the losss of a voice actor before to use some examples South Park, Last airbender and shreck to name a few. And rick and morty is in a special position ehre they can lampshade the whole change with a meta joke. I don’t know if the show will necessarily be better but it seems like he had little involvement in the latest season other than the voice acting and it’s arguably the best one. To use another example Roiland no longer showed up for comic con and jt was harmon in charge of the bts videos about how episodes are made with Roiland never making an appearance. I think a Roilandless R&M is definitely a show that could not only be good but great

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 just have him be voiced by morgan freeman and never acknowledge it

Snatcher

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika ok that was funny tho lmao, the way they looked at him.

But you make Ana amazing point, other shows have not only dealt with a lost of a voice actor, but Rick and morty is like the only show that can easily, easily make an excuse, and from it sounds like Roland wasn’t really involved in to much, compared to Dan.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I edited a pfp! I really like it, I did have some editing hiccups tho. Juri for life!

SlashFuture

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Snatcher alot the 2 big ones are beating an ex girlfriend/not letting her leave Thier house and grooming a 15 year old
And about the future of R&M. I think it’s always been Dan harmon as the guy with the deeper more sophisticated ideas and nihilism while Roiland was the funny random guy. To give an example

Rick; the universe is completely random and there is no reason for you to be alive (harmon)

Morty; Gee rick are you sure?(harmon)

Mr Corn butt; I’m mr corn butt I poop corn(Roiland)

Morty; Jeeze (Harmon )

They just need to fill Justins role with a new comedian. Because even then he had become less involved with tick and morty ever since these alligantions started. And His voice can be explained with a meta gag. I honestly don’t think this is a death sentence

That actually answers one of my questions I've had for a while, which was after Community how did Dan go to this? Because if Dan's half is like how Community ran, then it makes me more interested in it, but as a whole I was slightly put off by it... Now I'm torn...

Also if the Community movie is postponed, then I will be sad...
Untitled

Background Character in my Own Story.

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

I may post sporadically, but I'll try to reply as soon as I can!

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@SlashFuture @Snatcher Roiland was way more involved in the first 3 season. Some episodes were just him doing improve for 20 minutes while dan retroactively added framing devices to give them depth. But we haven’t had any episodes like that for a while. They were replaced by high concept episodes that really bend the narrative of rick and morty to its absolute limit

take something like pickle rick which I’d be lying if I said I didn’t find funny. Rick turning himself into a pickle was Justin Roilands idea. However the aspect of the episode that isn’t really discussed is why or the fallout. Rick did this to get out of therapy and he gets chewed out by Mrs Wong the therapist for his stunt

I know it’s a bit weird recommending Rick and Morty so soon but it is a legitimate good show and even if you don’t like Roiland’s half Dan’s half is just as sharp as his community days. It pushes ideas and concepts further than community and has some really fun cameos from the show.

With Roil gone Harmon may need a new partner I can think of a few people associated eith Rick and Morty who’s shows just ended either by choice or by force that could probably fill the role Cough Dana Terrace, Matt Braley and Shion Teachuci cough

I accept if the community movie gets pushed back a bit if it means sorting out the R&M mess

SlashFuture

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika I guess I'll keep it in mind then, thanks! 👍

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@SlashFuture your welcome it’s a great show ignoring curren unpleasantness

Kermit1

EaglyTheKawaiiShika wrote:

@Kermit1 just have him be voiced by morgan freeman and never acknowledge it

Plot twist, I'm Dan Harmon and you just gave me a great idea.

Currently Playing:

Known to be quirky on occasion

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 your welcome

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 wait I have a better idea Untitled

SlashFuture

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika @Kermit1 Lol... Hey Mister Harmon, could you make an animated Troy and Abed show up also?

Platforms:
Nintendo Switch, PC

EaglyTheKawaiiShika

@Kermit1 thanks

And please make the troy/Abes show

jump

Hmm... Phoebe Waller-Bridge has been given a Tomb Raider show.

I would say I hope she bring the same sensibilities of dry wit without the uses of references, the twisting whilst also embracing of tropes and idiosyncratic energy she had with Fleabag, Crashing and Killing Eve but really I just want to see how ****** up she is gonna make Lara Croft!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Rambler

@jump a character that is pretty much a combination of Villanelle and Fleabag would work, I think?
Posho deprecation to temper the gung-ho violence.
Not sure if asides to the audience would work, mind!

Still think the first episode of the second series of Fleabag (the dinner party one) is one of the best things I've seen

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic