Forums

Topic: The Table Top Gaming thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 444

Tyranexx

@Tasuki I think I recall seeing Mario Monopoly somewhere not too long ago. Might've been Walmart. Where there's a will, there's a way! Didn't realize there was one featuring Overwatch of all games.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tasuki

@Tyranexx Yeah they have Mario Monopoly but that's just Monopoly with Mario theme. What I am talking about is Monopoly Gamer. That's something different.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tyranexx

@Tasuki OH. I clearly misread that part of the post. Definitely a different dynamic based on what web results are currently popping up.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

Tasuki

@Tyranexx Yeah I only played the Mario one but it's like Mario Kart meets Monopoly and has faster gameplay. I am sure you can probably find a YouTube video of someone playing it or one of the others.

My Backlog

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx yep Monopoly Deal is a card game, but it’s a damn good one at that. It takes the basics of monopoly and condenses them into super quick matches. It’s a great a card game. What monopoly variants interest you?

@Losermagnet it’s all good no worries. I looked into it and your description has convinced me to invest into it on the near future. May have to only start with the base set though.

@Tasuki Nice, I don’t believe I have seen the 5e versions of those.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Tasuki A very good suggestion. I'll try to find some footage of the rules. I do like mustachioed plumbers from the Mushroom Kingdom, no matter the form of media.

@Themagusx1 I suppose Deal interests me, as well as any variants that make the gameplay faster and way less tedious lol. I've never looked into variants too closely since I assumed they were similar to the base game, just with a different coat of paint.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx I thought the same thing too, but the variants I played make the game faster. We also have Fortnite, it’s my sons monopoly game and that one as much I am not a Fortnite fan, that variant is super fast paced. Have you played games like Risk for example?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Why am I not surprised there's a variant themed around Fortnite? XD There's certainly a market for it! As for Risk, I've never directly played the game but have played some video and flash games somewhat similar to the gameplay more than once. If we're counting strategy games.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx yep there is the Fortnite which is actually fun lol, considering I can’t stand Fortnite at all. There are a lot of games for, the Risk mold out there, it’s a very influential game. Another good strategy game is Stratego, are you familiar with that game?

Themagusx1

Rambler

@Themagusx1
I bloody love mancala. Got a lovely set with tiny marbles.

Have you ever played Carom? It's an Indian game (I think???) and a precursor to billiards.

@Tyranexx
The original Monopoly was a game designed to tech the players the consequences of unfettered capitalism. More than a slight irony that the game was remodeled as a paean to it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Monopoly

Rambler

Themagusx1

@Rambler Mancala rocks that sounds like a cool set you have. As for Carom, I never played it. I take it is an ancient game. Do you have a carom set?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 I can see why a lot of people enjoy Fortnite, but its gameplay loop isn't for me lol. I'd rather dig into a game with a good story and/or some fun mechanics that don't involve playing a version of King of the Mountain. As for Stratego, I'm not sure if I've heard of it at all. How does that one work?

@Rambler Interesting...and very ironic. XD I've started reading through some of that link - as well as a couple of offshoot links - and it's very interesting indeed. From both a historical and modern perspective.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Stratego works a little bit like chess, but it’d harder to explain. Here this should help, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratego?wprov=sfti1. I am with you on video gaming, I love stuff with good stories, hence why I can’t stop playing persona 5 royal lol. Let me know what you think of Stratego. I a,m curious.

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Hmm...Interesting. It looks like a tabletop version of a strategy RPG or a Civilization title. Or, as described, a slightly crazier version of chess. Seems as though the game has some capture the flag elements too. Different rulesets, so I suppose how much I'd like it would depend on the set of rules lol. I do find the idea of the game appealing.

Tasuki

@Themagusx1 I loved Heroscape back in the day and was sad to here of its ending. I guess during COVID lockdowns it was making money which makes sense people wanted to something to do while on lockdown. Now that people aren't on locked down, people just don't have the time.

My Backlog

Themagusx1

@Tasuki Agreed it’s too bad it’s gone. I don’t know if you heard but they were attempting to bring it back about a month ago but they did not have enough backers sadly. I did not know it was big during the lock down, that’s cool to hear. Heroscape rocks. Did you ever get the Marvel heroscape sets?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Yep, I've heard of Heroscape! I think I remember seeing it advertised back in the day and probably would have liked it... nowadays. Not sure how much kid me would've liked it lol. Probably putting together the board portions would've been the most fun for me back then. I've always liked LEGO and similar toys.

Themagusx1

@Tyranexx Heroscape is awesome, I think you would like it now, they did try reviving back in September. But they did not get the funding. There are tons of strategy games out there. Some are world war 2 themed would that interest you?

Themagusx1

Tyranexx

@Themagusx1 Actually, yes. A lot of games based on historical events definitely catch my interest, especially a war as infamous as that one.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic