Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 301 to 320 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain
TJWorks

Ballad of the Windfish and Sneaky Driver. I'm stumped. I don't know which one to vote for 'cos they're both too different and too good. >_<

TJWorks

Dogorilla

Fire Emblem vs No More Heroes is a tricky matchup too, both are great and very different.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Dogorilla

I wasn't entirely sure how well this category would work when I suggested it but it's turned out well I think. All of these songs are really good.

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

Moving on to the semifinals we have Bastion at 3-1 and a record triple tiebreaker for the other 3 matchups all at 2-2. Winning the coin flips are Jet Set Radio, Fire Emblem Fates, and Katana Zero.
Link to the bracket

Semifinal Round

Build That Wall - Bastion vs. Sweet Soul Brother - Jet Set Radio

Vote here

Lost in Thoughts All Alone - Fire Emblem Fates vs. Sneaky Driver - Katana Zero

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

TJWorks

Super Mario Odyssey lost to a coin flip.

Ohhh, the humanity!

But I'm glad Jet Set Radio and Katana Zero made it this far.

Edited on by TJWorks

TJWorks

Krull

I have voted against that sappy Fire Emblem Fates song every time it’s come up, and it keeps getting through! It’s fated to win...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Dogorilla

Oof, there goes Jump Up Super Star and all the Splatoon songs

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

Welp... I completely forgot about this. I guess I’ll hope in when this one ends

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain

We’re down to the final two contestants now and they are: Bastion and Katana Zero! Both snuck into the finals with a score of 3-2. I apologize updates have been somewhat sporadic recently, but with the semester almost over I should be able to run the next tournament more consistently.
Link to the bracket

Final Round

Build That Wall - Bastion vs. Sneaky Driver - Katana Zero

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Blooper987

Have you done a tournament on Horror game music. Whether it's happy music or creepy music from horror games, I think it would be pretty fun.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

ThePirateCaptain

As of right now the score it tied so I’ll leave the poll open a little longer. It wouldn’t feel right to end things on a coin flip so anyone who hasn’t voted yet should!

ThePirateCaptain

BabyYoda71

I’ll vote tomorrow morning but that seems a bit awkward to me. I forget about this thread and rejoin and become the tiebreaker for the final haha.

BabyYoda71

I believe I have broken the tie!

Krull

A worthy winner, in a good final! Love that Bastion song.

Must admit, if I’d played Hades earlier, it would have been another good shout for diegetic music. Supergiant Games could have this category sewn up!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

ThePirateCaptain

And at 5-3 the winner is...... Build That Wall from Bastion!

As always, thanks to everyone who participated. I know there was interest in a Level Select / Map Themes Tournament so I’m open to doing that next unless there are other suggestions. It is the holiday season if we wanted to do something along those lines, or something completely different.

ThePirateCaptain

Dogorilla

Nice, that's the first time one of my nominations has won lol. It's a good winner regardless of who nominated it of course. (I still think Want You Gone and Die Anywhere Else were robbed, but never mind.)

I don't really mind which category we do next, but wintery music would be good since 'tis the season and all that.

Funky Kong

TJWorks

RIP Katana Zero. You were the underdog. Well done to Bastion.

@Dogorilla Jump Up Superstar! lost to a coin flip. That song was probably most robbed of all (even if I didn't vote for it. )

I'm still excited to do Map/Level Select themes. I love Winter themes, but it'll probably too obvious what popular Winter songs people will nominate for, which I think is less exciting.

Map/Level Select opens the door to a wider variety of options from a larger pool of games, since most games are bound to have Map/Level Select themes. That's my opinion, anyway.

Edited on by TJWorks

TJWorks

Dogorilla

@TJWorks That's true, although Jump Up Super Star was probably the most obvious choice for this round so I'm sort of glad it didn't win even though it's a great song.

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic