Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain

Seems like you guys share my opinion about boss themes. It’s certainly something we can do in the future, but a little too similar what we just did for now.

As far as a remixes theme, I think it would be fun to open things up to fan made stuff since we usually stick to official tracks. It’s neat hearing your favorites in a different style, anything from 8-bit to full blown orchestral arrangements. Obviously it’s a very broad category and there countless options to choose from so I get if people are more hesitant about it. @Bankaj here are a few remixes that came to mind as an example:
Puzzle Plank Galaxy 8-bit
The First Campaign Super Arranged
Aquatic Ambiance Lofi Remix

If everyone is onboard with lava/fire themes for the next tournament then we can go ahead and start nominations.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Krull

@Captain_Toad Was Conception II your nomination? That was by far my favourite track in the contest.

Pleased for Etrian Odyssey, though. Yuzo Kushiro had to win at least one of these!

If we’re doing fire/lava themes, then I’ll kick things off with A Searing Struggle, from the lava zone in Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Played it just last week, so it’s fresh in the memory. And all Ys soundtracks rock!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&list=PLzFTGY...

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Dogorilla

I can't really think of any lava themes that aren't from Mario games at the moment. For now I'll just nominate the Castle theme from New Super Mario Bros, which I think is one of the most underrated Mario tunes.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

TJWorks

Trying to go for the less obvious examples. There's a lot less catchy Fire/Lava themed songs than I realised.

Earth Temple - Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Scorch 'n' Torch - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Red Heat Coronia - Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

I chose the above 3 for embodying a distinct atmosphere and mood in each of their melodies.

Mt. LavaLava - Wario Land: The Shake Dimension

An Underlying Problem (The Lost City) - Shovel Knight

Magma Man's Stage - Mega Man 9

The other 3 are just too damn good.

Edited on by TJWorks

TJWorks

TJWorks

@kkslider5552000 I've been re-listening to the OST. It's so underrated. >_< I would've forgot about it otherwise.

TJWorks

ThePirateCaptain

Fall semester just started this week so I’ve been a little busy. Tomorrow I’ll post a couple songs and add up what we have so far.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Just 3 more spots to fill before we can get started!

ThePirateCaptain

Bankaj

Glad I'm still in time. Great opportunity for Fzero's musical library to represent itself!

Bankaj

BabyYoda71

No, I feel so bad. I follow this thread, but it stopped working so I didn’t realize nominations were open. Please tell me if there’s still room?

Edit: Dang it, just counted. Gah, I had a good idea for Lava.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain

@BabyYoshi12
I’m just making the bracket now so if you want to post something I’ll give you a spot.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Get out the shades and sunscreen everyone because we have some hot tracks coming in today. With a happy Labor Day to my fellow Americans, we’re finally ready to kick things off in our third tournament.
Link to the bracket

Round 1

Tiki Torture - Crash Bandicoot 2:N-Tranced vs. Brinstar Depths - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Vote here

Gurgu Volcano - Final Fantasy vs. Scorch ‘n’ Torch - Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Vote here

Molten Crater - Spyro: Year of the Dragon vs. Magma Flows - Kirby Air Ride

Vote here

Magmoor Caverns - Metroid Prime vs. Magma Dragoon - Mega Man X4

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic