Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,556

Bankaj
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Baten Kaitos
  • FFTA2
  • Octopath Traveller
  • Mario & Luigi

It was hard to vote against Conception II. That track deserves to go to the next round, so I wouldn't mind if it gets the advantage over M&L.

Bankaj

BabyYoda71

I’ll listen to the whole thing tomorrow, but I’m glad M&L is doing well. It’s a great song imo. On the other hand...

WHY DID YOU VOTE OUT BATTLE TOWER ON ROUND ONE RIGHT AFTER TALKING ABOUT HOW GOOD TOBY FOX IS?!?!?!?!?!?! YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME!!!!!!!!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Krull

Can’t believe Conception II lost to M&L... That was my favourite track in the contest!

Down to EOIII and P3 now!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

Dogorilla

Yeah it's getting hard to choose, these are all really good. I went for Xenoblade, Octopath, Golden Sun, and Persona 3.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

Since I missed the update yesterday the next one will be on Saturday.

Xenoblade Chronicles won the tiebreaker at 2-2, Octopath Traveller won 4-1, Golden Sun won 3-1, and Etrian Odyssey won 3-2.
Link to the bracket

Semifinals

Time to Fight! - Xenoblade Chronicles vs. Battle - Octopath Traveller

Vote here

Isaac’s Battle Theme - Golden Sun vs. The First Campaign - Etrian Odyssey III

Vote here

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

JokerCK

Etrian Odyssey beat Persona 3 Mass Destruction???? Lol what a joke, people with no game taste voted

JokerCK

Krull

This is a good final. Still would vote for Conception II and Persona 3 over the finalists, but either of these is a worthy winner. And Yuzo Koshiro deserves to win one of these!

Edited on by Krull

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Bankaj

Still hungover from Baten Kaitos' loss against Xenoblade. Happy with Octopath kicking its butt, because I don't consider the Xenoblade track good enough as final contestant. These two finalists I'm ok with!

The Octopath Traveller track stands for quality music. It is very well composed and doesn't bore even after 100+ fights. However, I'm letting EO3 represent my vote. It has that nostalgic touch to it that moves more emotions than OT. May the best track win and looking forward to the next genre - this is fun!

Thanks ThePirateCaptain for organising

Bankaj

Dogorilla

I don't think either of these is one of my absolute favourites from this competition but they are both very worthy finalists.

Funky Kong

ThePirateCaptain

The votes are in and we have a winner! With a score of 5-3 the champion of the best RPG battle theme is....

Etrian Odyssey III!!!

Thanks again to everyone who participated, I hope you enjoyed it. I’m happy to keep this running as long as people are interested so you’re welcome to leave a suggestion for the next tournament.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

TJWorks

Aww man. I suggested the Octopath Traveller song. Shame it didn't win.

I guess to follow on from the previous tournament, maybe the next theme should be... RPG Boss themes? Or Boss Themes from any genre?

TJWorks

JokerCK

LOL Etrian Odyssey is won? What a joke.

JokerCK

Captain_Toad

Bummed that Conception 2 didn't move on and was beaten by Dream Team. I would be more forgiven if it was Paper Jam's battle theme.
Though it is good to see that people liked the Conception 2 theme.

Congratulations to Etrian Odyssey 3.

Well can we try Lava stages?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

ThePirateCaptain

Right now the suggestions we have are boss themes, lava/fire themes, and remixes. Of course other suggestions are still welcome, but does anyone have a preference between those options?

ThePirateCaptain

kkslider5552000

I mean I'd go with lava fire because we just did a type of battle theme. Also admittedly I don't pay a lot of attention to remixes either (unless you count the ones put in Smash Bros anyway)

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bankaj

Lava / Fire themes is kind of broad as well right (town/battle/stage/event/tune from any kind of gamegenre), so it has potential for a fun competition. Interested in trying that one, though nothing pops right into mind to nominate.

Boss themes are too close to RPG Battle Themes which we just did.

Remixes I'm neutral about because I also wouldn't know what is included here. In-game remixes (like SmashBros) or out-game (like overclocked)? Perhaps some examples might help me to understand.

Bankaj

Dogorilla

I don't pay much attention to fan remixes either, but I think a competition specifically about remixes from Smash Bros would be fun. Lava themes or underwater themes would be good too.

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic