Forums

Topic: Everything Star Wars discussion thread| How you doing, you old pirate?

Posts 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,108

samuelvictor

@Colonel_Mustache Thanks again! I love the British office dearly, but the American Office expanded the scope of its world in a meaningful way to have a whole cast of small characters and a well built world - similar to how you guys were talking about Star Wars above, in a way. The main reason I loved Star Wars as a child of the 80s and 90s was how rich, varied, expansive and well thought out the expanded universe was.

Greg Daniels and Mike Schur are excellent at that, as demonstrated in their other work - Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc. My mother has been ill and I came back to the UK to help her, and we've watched through all of The Office and Parks and Rec together and its great to follow them from start to finish and see those little worlds being built up, and all the little side characters, businesses, local lore etc.

@Kermit1 Wow, that's very kind, thank you so much! If you're interested in my book, link in the signiture! haha. I'm a fellow Owl City fan too by the way - I have all their albums and extra tracks in a playlist and often listen to it whilst coding my games, I find it relaxing and non-distracting, but stimulating enough to keep thinking, whereas other supposed "study/work" music like Lofi stuff makes me more sleepy and lethargic.

And if by your name I can guess you are a Muppet fan (apologies if not, I know Kermit can be a given name too) you might be interested to know that myself and some friends made an 80s/90s retro themed Muppet style movie during lockdown, with guest appearances from 30 retro game YouTubers and lots of Nintendo/Sega/Pokemon stuff in there. Its called "Odd Pod: The Movie... kinda" and is on Amazon Prime video in the UK and US. And to once again bring things back to Star Wars so I'm not derailing everything, another reason I loved Star Wars so much as a kid was the creativity and variety of muppet alien races in it. Frank Oz' Yoda is obvious but also one of my very earliest toy memories was having Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo Band!

Edited on by samuelvictor

samuelvictor

@Eagly Thanks! Yeah I did read through the rules first, thats why I didn't post the link directly other than put it in my signiture, as was recomended. Fine line between "Star Wars loving friends on a site I've been using for many years might be interested in hearing me talk about my time working on Star Wars" and "please buy something"... hense why I only linked the interviews. However, still a chnace the mods might decide the balance is wrong, happy to change if needed! I just like to talk about Star Wars with people who love it as much as me

Also, very much looking forward to Ahsoka!

Edited on by samuelvictor

WoomyNNYes

Finished/caught up with Mandalorian last week.

Watched Andor, Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan. I did not like Andor. I watched it till episode 4, and it's just constant gloomy, dark, tension, with no breaks.(well for me anyway.)

I did like Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan! Man, I wish there was more!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Has everyone watched the behind the scenes episodes for Mandalorian on Disney+? I had no idea they were filmed like this. Very impressive advancements with effects technology. I'd never seen anything like it before. On disney+ the behind the scenes stuff is in Mandalorian extras, I think?, and called Disney Gallery - there's several episodes showing how they made everything. It's really cool.

It also explains how grand outdoor scenes & lighting were SO perfect and idealized.
https://disneyplusoriginals.disney.com/show/disney-gallery-th...

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

card-crunch78

Confirmed cast list for Disney Junior's upcoming "Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures":

Jamaal Avery Jr. as Kai Brightstar
Emma Berman as Nash Durango
Juliet Donenfeld as Lys Solay
Dee Bradley Baker as Nubs
Jonathan Lipow as RJ-83
Piotr Michael as Master Yoda

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

WoomyNNYes

Oof. The most recent Mandalorian episode production seems poorly slapped together. I hope this was just a hiccup.

@Colonel_Mustache Bo-Katan seeing the giant creature(mythosaur) in the depths of the living waters on Mandalore seems to already foreshadow something regarding her future with Mandalorians or the future of Mandalore in general. And her assimilating with Mando's creed seems to maybe imply that seeing the mythosaur was possibly like a religious omen for Bo-Katan. .................If anyone didn't notice, or didn't pause the brief glimpse of the giant creature seen in the depths of the living waters on Mandalore, the creature looks like the horned/tusked creature symbol of Mandalore

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

I'm very curious what the timeline will be for the new Star Wars movie currently in development. At the moment, I can't help wonder if Pedro Pascal(of Mandalorian) could be in the new Star Wars movie, but I doubt the new movie would take place during his timeline. Or perhaps the new movie will take place later in Grogu's life.

Taika Watiti's IMDB page has the tentative release date for December 2025, granted that's just a placeholder. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0169806/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

card-crunch78

All I know is that the upcoming Disney Junior series is set centuries before “The Phantom Menace”.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

WoomyNNYes

Am I the only one?

The Ahsoka character reminds me so much of Angelina Jolie that it's really distracting for me. I know it's weird. XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

jump

I've just started the new season of The Mandalorian. So after the last season where Katee Sackhoff spent so much time talking about how Pedro Pascal is in a cult it nows looks like with her being accepted by them that she is actually being brainwashed by into the cult...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kermit1doesmath

@Colonel_Mustache it feels off... Weird Al is gonna make this show worth a watch though.

I have made many a post in the past talking about how I feel about the current Muppets "formula".

Even the new Fraggle Rock (in my eyes) has messed up, Mokey Fraggle looks so weird now with the re-design and (imo) kinda ruins the character.

But at least Paul McCartney is working with The Rolling Stones so the world is at balance again.

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic