Forums

Topic: The sales, discounts, and deals thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 480

NintendoByNature

All the blaster master zero games and the 8bit bloodstained games are on sale. For about $25-30, you can grab all 5 and have a great time.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

MinatoYuki

Shin Megami Tensei 3 Nocturne and Shin Megami Tensei V are on sale at 365 games.
I'm not sure why I said that, for Nocturne's cheaper on the Eshop. Also it's digital deluxe version is cheap as well. But sometimes a physical game's better than a digital one, right? Also, the cases are nice...
Non sequitur, no?

Is this the real life? No, it is all just a dream.
Old games are usually the best.
Old music is usually the best.
Old consoles are usually the best.
Seeing a theme here?

NintendoByNature

Doom 2016 is on sale on the eshop for 9.99. It might finally be time.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Go for it, @NintendoByNature ..... That's the only Doom game I've played! I assume you have a fair idea what it's basically about?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM oh for sure. I've played doom 1, 2, beat 3, and 64. Never doom eternal or 2016 though.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Sega is currently running its spring sale on both the Switch and 3DS eShops. The latter is of particular note as this includes many valued Atlus RPGs, including series like Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, as well as standalone titles like Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology and Stella Glow.

Source, though it isn't a comprehensive list: https://www.nintendo.com/store/sales-and-deals/#sega

Edit: I presume for now that this is North America only - possibly even just the US - but I do hope other territories receive something similar.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx between persona and SMT, I'm still unsure which game is a must between those two franchises. I'll definitely grab one if someone nudges me in a specific direction.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I don't have any experience with either franchise and am in the same boat. XD Any recommendations would be welcome! I already had a Discord acquaintance recommend Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, XC2: Torna - The Golden Country

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx hah nice. I honestly get so confused since all the SMT games sound familiar on 3ds 🤣. If someone chimes in and tells us, that would be great.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature @Tyranexx Shin Megami Tensei IV and its sequel, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, are essential JRPGs between their awesome synth-heavy soundtracks, addictive monster-collecting gameplay where you'll negotiate with and fuse together entities based on real world folklore, tight and challenging turn-based combat, evocative settings, and dark stories where you'll navigate apocalyptic conflicts between gods and demons. SMT IV, as is standard for the series, also features multiple routes and endings depending on choices you make throughout the game.

The Persona Q games on 3DS are spinoffs that cross over characters from mainline Persona games with the gameplay of the Etrian Odyssey series. Not a great place to start if you're an Atlus virgin, as they assume familiarity with characters from Persona 3 - 5.

Devil Survivor: Overclocked was actually my first MegaTen and, indeed, is a good place to start if you like tactical RPGs. It combines the hip urban aesthetic of something like The World Ends With You with the monsters and apocalyptic themes from the SMT games. It's an expanded re-release of a Nintendo DS game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah thanks again! Might grab 4 or apocalypse. Put that one in the ol backlog.

NintendoByNature

theepictorkoal

Has any of the DLC for 3DS games in the Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Persona Q, or other Atlus games ever gone on sale? Was kind of hoping that those could get some kind of discount by now, but just wanted an idea in case it was worth waiting a bit longer since I already have the base games.

The same question regarding Fire Emblem 3DS game DLC too actually.

theepictorkoal

WoomyNNYes

@theepictorkoal I've been amazed at how little has gone on sale as 3ds eshop is ending. I've been checking 3ds eshop sales here and there since fall or last summer, and very little has ever gone on sale. Only little crap games have gone on sale, almost no big games do. Even though Capcom had a sale recently, they seem to be the exception. My gut says, don't wait. Get it while you can.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Agreed; there are so many that it's hard to keep track!

@Ralizah Appreciate the rundown, thanks! I'll definitely look more into both versions of SMT IV and Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic