Forums

Topic: The sales, discounts, and deals thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 536

theepictorkoal

Has any of the DLC for 3DS games in the Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Persona Q, or other Atlus games ever gone on sale? Was kind of hoping that those could get some kind of discount by now, but just wanted an idea in case it was worth waiting a bit longer since I already have the base games.

The same question regarding Fire Emblem 3DS game DLC too actually.

theepictorkoal

WoomyNNYes

@theepictorkoal I've been amazed at how little has gone on sale as 3ds eshop is ending. I've been checking 3ds eshop sales here and there since fall or last summer, and very little has ever gone on sale. Only little crap games have gone on sale, almost no big games do. Even though Capcom had a sale recently, they seem to be the exception. My gut says, don't wait. Get it while you can.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Agreed; there are so many that it's hard to keep track!

@Ralizah Appreciate the rundown, thanks! I'll definitely look more into both versions of SMT IV and Devil Survivor: Overclocked.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

theepictorkoal

@WoomyNNYes Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I did see that article and I got an email from PS Prices that notified me about the sales. Hopefully the DLC for those Sega and Altus games also have a sale.

From my quick research online, I believe that at least the SMT IV DLC has gotten a sale at least once when the base game had an eShop sale so I hope that wasn't just a one time thing (though it probably was at this point). The time that there was a Level 5 eShop sale for 3DS was most likely a one time thing too given that there hasn't been another one to my knowledge.

theepictorkoal

WoomyNNYes

SEGA themes FREE on 3ds - Etrian, Shin Megami, Sonic.

There are about 10-15 of them. Open Free To Download section of themes.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ralizah

Amazon NA

$50 Nintendo eshop gift card for $44.99.

I went ahead and grabbed one since I'll be wanting Sunbreak anyway.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

theepictorkoal

@WoomyNNYes Whoa, thanks for letting us know about the free themes. Probably going to download all of those aside from the Sonic ones.

Edit: Oof, it seems like all of the free themes for "The Alliance Alive" can't be downloaded. Every time I try, an "unable to obtain data" pop-up appears.

Edited on by theepictorkoal

theepictorkoal

tekoii

Guys the game Rhythm Thief for 3DS which is a bit hard to find, is on sale till tomorrow!

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Tyranexx

@tekoii Yep, there's a huge Sega/Atlus sale going on until the 17th in North America on both the Switch and 3DS eShops. I suggest jumping on any of their content you might be missing.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

tekoii

@Tyranexx Ahh so there's quite a swath of titles available. Most of the games I'm looking for are Nintendo titles :/ but hey least I can keep an eye out now! I REALLY want Kid Icarus and the Kirby's now lol.

Tyranexx

@tekoii If you're into JRPGs, many of those Atlus titles on discount are worth looking into if you have the download space. I can't vouch for most of the games however, though I do own Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology in physical form. It's supposed to be quite a gem.

While I'd love to be wrong, it's extremely rare that Nintendo puts any of its titles on discount, especially on 3DS these days....

tekoii

@Tyranexx I do love me a great JRPG but these days I'm tending to lean a lot toward games that are shorter. AYE. Yea... the lack of discounts on the 3ds shop sucks. That does burn quite a bit. Looks like I may just have to pick ones I really want. Glad you reminded me of all the Layton stuff in the chit chat thread, definitely gonna get at those

Tyranexx

@tekoii I'm definitely pickier about what I pick up since they can be long. Many of Nintendo's discounts ran through My Nintendo, but they dropped 3DS support towards the end of 2020. I'd hold out just a little longer, but you are gonna have to pick and choose at some point.

NintendoByNature

From what I can tell, walmart isn't doing $10 off for new switch releases any longer starting with Kirby. Every new release after is full price.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

eShop credit 15% off on eneba.com with code: 45Nintendo at checkout

https://www.eneba.com/us/nintendo-nintendo-eshop-card-45-usd-...

$45 credit for $38 with no limit

I used this to stack up about $450 in credit. With all the games releasing this year, may as well save money if you know you're gonna spend it anyways.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

tekoii

@Tyranexx Yea, that's one thing about JRPGs. But I do love them! And.. Yea.. I think I'll prepare a list at some point of games that I can see myself actually having time to play as well! Does NL usually drop news on sales for 3DS still?

Tyranexx

@tekoii NL has been pretty good about dropping news on significant 3DS sales - such as Capcom and Atlus sales - so the site is fairly reliable. I'd still check the eShop's deals section if you're eyeing some obscure indie titles though. I'm gradually working my way through my own lists. I'm almost done with the 3DS but still need to pick up roughly half a dozen Wii U eShop games...and make up my mind on a couple more.

Edited on by Tyranexx

tekoii

@Tyranexx Oh awesome thanks! I'll be sure to keep an eye out when the eventual article is there. Hmm... Capcom. Makes me think of Project X Zone 1 & 2. I want that game for all the cross-overs! Makes me wonder though if this game would ever make it to the Switch as a dual pack or something. Ahh.. yea I'm sure there are a bunch of gems on those eshops! Like Xenoblade X I really truly hope we get that game on Switch or Switch 2.

Tyranexx

@tekoii I recall eyeing the first Project X Zone when it released back in the day, but with a few exceptions I wasn't familiar with many of the franchises on offer lol. I'm surprised those AREN'T on the Switch in some form yet... :thinking_face: Maybe someday!

Fingers crossed for XCX - Monolith knows the fans want it - but I believe they've stated more than once that it would be quite a project.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic