Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,461 to 96,480 of 96,544

Papasears1982

yo nintendo life, anyway we can maybe get you guys to make us some car decals? would love to show my love for the site everywhere i go! a Yoshi themed one would be AMAZIN! (b ' ' )b

"The pleasure of a dream is that it is a fantasy. If it happens, it was never a dream.” - Old Grandfather

Tyranexx

jedgamesguy wrote:

I'm not much of a demo player, at this point I trust my instinct from reviews, watching gameplay and word of mouth to decide whether to get a game or not. With the Princess Peach game I just didn't feel any kind of spark, kinda simple as that. I'm sure I'll get to Mario RPG eventually, after the 7 jrpgs I'm hacking through at the moment, as if I haven't played enough of those. The M&L games I have played are Dream Team and Paper Jam, the two most recent ones. Dream Team actually had a decent story, fun gameplay, big difficulty curve and a great soundtrack, and Paper Jam was far simpler but was the comfort food option.

Very much so, that's what makes sharing experiences fun, the fact that it's not all the same. I was similar here though, I found good friends both in the years above and below, even when I was a senior and there was a stigma around the so-called superiority complex of seniors. It was a small school so seeing these friends was easy, multiple times a day, sometimes after every class.

I typically rely on those things when deciding what games to buy too, though I'm not adverse to trying a demo if I'm on the fence. Which describes PPS well. It looked like a mix of Wario Land and Kirby, and I wasn't far off the mark. I enjoy both those franchises, though we're more than overdue for a Wario Land titles; the last one was Shake It/The Shake Dimension on Wii. I already own both M&L: Dream Team and Paper Jam luckily, so it's only a matter of time on when I get to those. I've heard DT is decent, PJ seems more mixed.

Discussing different experiences, particularly around similar time periods in our lives, can be very interesting and can help ourselves and others learn and grow. I admittedly didn't interact with too many in the grades below, though that wasn't for lack of trying; I do remember some younger students fondly. I went to quite a small high school, even if it was a public one. My grade was the smallest at the time. I graduated with a class of 30. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

Busy past couple of days and a nice way to end last week. On Friday, my friend wanted to celebrate my birthday, albeit days later. We had cake, went to the arcade (played a ton of Cruis'n Blast), had dinner out, and he even surprised me with some Trolls stuff. As for this week, mostly errands and chores.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Sunsy
Interesting.
Sometime the Asia version of Switch games have different region on its sticker.
I have FF XII The Zodiac Age and Chocobo Dungeon Every Buddy Asia version with no age rating label but the cartridge sticker mention JPN and no Japanese texts whatsoever in the cover.
Usually the Asia region have ASI on its sticker and Asia region with no label is not same as MDE region which it still counted as USA region.
I have never get Asia region with no age rating label but the sticker is USA.
Interesting case, I have Lost Sphear Switch version which have USA cover in front but when you open the case, it has another cover Japan version inside and the cartridge sticker mentioned JPN instead of USA.

Funny situation, I have Kung Fu Rider PS3 Asia version which all the text still in English but the dubbing is in Cantonese language.
The USA version is in English dubbing.
The Cantonese dubbing sounds funny and awkward like I watched Hong Kong movies and the game itself literally set in a place like Hong Kong with mafia gangster as your enemies. 🤭

Yeah, my copy had no rating on the box, even though it was on the cart itself. Interesting, so I'm guessing games in the Asia region are different than the Southeast Asia region? Mine says "Middle East, Southeast Asia, Official Product" in green, blue, and grey on back, which is MDE as you pointed out in the Peach thread.

Sometimes that does happen, even happens with anime over here when it's subbed.

MarioVillager92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah anytime. I actually tried out the 1v1 mode with my cousin years ago. I recall it was all right, though it is quite a lot different from the regular Turf Wars. Since you're shooting balloons instead of covering the most turf.

Nice, sounds like you had a great birthday! Glad you got Peach Showtime... even if the box is a bit different, lol. That's cool your mom gave you a Strawberry Shortcake shirt as well. That would be cool, I'd love to play that sometime. I did play Mario Kart Arcade GP, but only the first one. Not any of the later ones.

Thanks, they've been getting better, no damage at all. Though... I've been feeling kind of sad lately. Just personal, and I had a rough couple of days. I'd love a good cheer-up.

I've mainly used the GamePad when I play the Wii U, though I have used the Wii remote and nunchuk when playing Pikmin 3, while using the GamePad as a map. Gotcha, that's cool though. Kinda wish I at least tried out the online for Sonic Rush Adventure, though.

Oh that's cool, so PSO version 2 had a story mode of some kind? That Radica plug and play Genesis was pretty neat for sure, the games ran and sounded pretty good, though I recall that Sonic's jump sound didn't play for whatever reason. Never had any of the AtGames Genesis systems, though I have seen YouTube videos of it. Yeah... the sound on those things are awful. The music and all the sound effects are all in a lower pitch, it's really jarring to me.

That's a good point you brought up, yeah at least there's no time limit for grinding in RPGs, lol. Can you imagine how much more stressful that would be if that was the case?

Hope you feel better.

Yeah, I think that's how I remember it. I once played it with a friend before he moved, then months later he got a Wii U and Splatoon and we played it online.

Indeed, and as mentioned above, my friend and I celebrated on Friday when he was free. Indeed, I was surprised to find a men's Strawberry Shortcake shirt. I got it as a gift, but I saw it at Target in the men's department of all places a few months ago. I didn't even know there was a first one. Though, the Princess Peach Showtime box looks cleaner without the ESRB rating.

Ok, as I said, I really hope you feel better soon.

I think I did that with Call of Duty. I played with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk (yeah, I was that guy, who played COD with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk), and used the Wii U gamepad as a map, which is something the other console versions of COD did not do. It was kinda unique to the Wii U.

Not really a story mode, just the same game as the online mode, just alone. Both offline and online mode in PSO did the same story. Now that's weird, I have another weird sound quirk. Sega Smash Pack on Dreamcast, Sonic 1 sounds like an 8-bit game, lol. The sound sounds so 8-bit with the emulation Sega used on it.

I could imagine how stressful it would be.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy Yes, the World Edition differences are purely cosmetic. The main reason I have a couple of those on 3DS is due to their listings being at or even a little under MSRP (new) when I bought them. I could see the cosmetics causing trouble for some collectors, but that doesn't bother me; I primarily buy games to play them, not hoard and collect them until my dying days without playing them. A few Amazon sellers do sell the World Editions and don't always tell up front that's what they are. Again though, it isn't a problem, and the games ARE legit. I did some research on them after I received my first one since I was concerned it was a bootleg. The cartridge does appear legit! Glad you're enjoying your time with Princess Peach: Showtime.

The one at night was VERY unexpected, moreso because they aren't common here either. I don't live too far from the infamous New Madrid fault system, but the epicenter for this particular quake was from a different fault system. I shared a bunk bed with my sister at the time and asked if she was shaking her half of the bunk just to be sure; I didn't think she was, just wanted to rule out the possibility.

I am thinking about taking my Switch on a trip this summer; it's never been more than a couple hours away from my home before. It's mainly due to damage and theft concerns. Sounds like you have a few options for public transportation; outside of a limited community service van and an overpriced taxi service, there isn't much else here. It's almost imperative to have a driver's license...or an easy/cheap way to hitch rides lol.

It even gave me my gold coins from My Nintendo too, and I read online games from other regions won't let you redeem them unless you redeem it on a system from that region. I'm the same way, I buy games to play them. While my older games do sit on their shelves, I still do find time to play them occasionally too. I'm glad it's a legit copy too, and I am enjoying it, honestly, I really liked the one Detective Peach level I did.

Wow, now that's a question to ask. I use to have a bunk bed when I was little, but I don't think anyone shook it, no one wanted to sleep on the top bunk. My dad ended up sawing it into two twin beds, since it was just wood with no fancy design. The source of the earthquake I had was more north where I live, and nowhere near me, still amazing to feel something coming from that far away.

For travel, I have a Splatoon 2 case that makes it easy to carry. Though I did see some Princess Peach Showtime themed case online that look tempting. If you take it traveling, hoping for the best with it. That I do, I do like using Lyft, I'll sometimes use it to go shopping for something fun, or go to a movie, which I did twice with Trolls Band Together. The other three times was with my friend.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Papasears1982

@Eel ty!

"The pleasure of a dream is that it is a fantasy. If it happens, it was never a dream.” - Old Grandfather

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx I know you've mentioned this to Anti-Matter, but I've also been trying to cut down on buying games. My backlog's big enough as it is anyway, lol, and I've also been saving up for a trip. Hmm... I wonder if my backlog, the way it is, is making me less into gaming? I get overwhelmed very easily, and I think the way most modern games are made are playing a part as well. I do still like Nintendo's games, though. But what do you think? Am I getting less into games now? (Everyone else can pitch in their thoughts as well.) On Discord, gotcha. I use it on my phone quite a bit as well.

My high school didn't have a lot of classes I was too interested in either. I think there was like two computer classes they had? A good chunk of them were basic stuff like math/algebra, history, and science. Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear about that friend of yours! Most of the jerks I've dealt with were in middle/high school, and even online, and they did bring me down quite a bit. One of my home room teachers wasn't great, either. So yeah, as a result, I don't look back at those days too fondly. My early elementary school and my college days were better, too. Absolutely... self-love does take a lot of practice and patience, and I can struggle with it sometimes. Thanks bud. Yeah, I'm surely not alone... negative thoughts are difficult to deal with for sure. Hate when those happen to me.

I did actually consider getting a PS4 as well, but ultimately decided against it. Just because most of its exclusives didn't really appeal to me. I did want Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy, which I ended up getting from Steam instead. Same here, Nintendo and PC are enough to keep me entertained as well, in terms of modern games at least. Yeah... I know a lot of people like the newer PlayStation exclusives, and that's OK, but they just aren't for me. All righty, that's cool. I think I'd like the Ys games quite a bit. Just gotta find the right time to play them, lol.

@Sunsy Sounds like a good Friday you've had. Still haven't played Cruis'n Blast, but I would like to at some point. Kinda wanna wait for a sale though.

Also, thank you. I'm getting a little better. Maybe I get too depressed at times, I think that's what the problem was... and I can be hard on myself as well. Something to work on, I guess.

That's awesome. I got into Splatoon kinda late... I wish I got into it the year it came out on the Wii U. It might be because I wasn't in the mood for playing shooters at the time.

Oh that's nice. Yeah, the original Mario Kart Arcade GP from 2005 was the one I played. It had a similar graphical style to Mario Kart: Double Dash, and it borrows that game's sound effects too, such as the starting countdown and the item roulette. It controls very differently from the console games, and only a few items appear in each individual race, but I still had fun with it. I played that in my local arcade that also has a bunch of other retro arcade games.

That's cool. Pikmin 3 also had a control scheme that let you use the GamePad's touch screen to throw Pikmin, but that was from a later update. Didn't know that Call of Duty did the same thing that Pikmin 3 did, I never got into the CoD games. But that control scheme is kinda neat.

Ohhh, gotcha, that makes sense. I remember seeing videos of Sega Smash Pack as well... kinda weird that those Sega Genesis games sound like NES games on that collection.

Got to play more of Peach Showtime recently by the way, including that Detective Peach level. That level was surprisingly hard for me, lol.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

CaleBoi25

@ThatZeldaNerd Yeah, it was pretty good! Mucktorok was such a goofy design

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

ThatZeldaNerd

Guys wish me luck. About to start chem test💪🏼

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

CaleBoi25

Good luck!

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

MarioVillager92

@ThatZeldaNerd Best of luck! You got this!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

ThatZeldaNerd

@MarioVillager92 thank u!! 🤗

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

MarioVillager92

@ThatZeldaNerd Anytime! Hope it went well if you're done.

card-crunch78

This just in: kitsune are awesome creatures.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

CaleBoi25

Almost as good an tanuki

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

Anti-Matter

I have a Pen.
I have Pineapple.
Ugh...!
Pineapple Pen
Untitled

Anti-Matter

CaleBoi25

Penapple?

SplatComp

-Anton Chekhov

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

I typically rely on those things when deciding what games to buy too, though I'm not adverse to trying a demo if I'm on the fence. Which describes PPS well. It looked like a mix of Wario Land and Kirby, and I wasn't far off the mark. I enjoy both those franchises, though we're more than overdue for a Wario Land titles; the last one was Shake It/The Shake Dimension on Wii. I already own both M&L: Dream Team and Paper Jam luckily, so it's only a matter of time on when I get to those. I've heard DT is decent, PJ seems more mixed.

Discussing different experiences, particularly around similar time periods in our lives, can be very interesting and can help ourselves and others learn and grow. I admittedly didn't interact with too many in the grades below, though that wasn't for lack of trying; I do remember some younger students fondly. I went to quite a small high school, even if it was a public one. My grade was the smallest at the time. I graduated with a class of 30. XD

Sometimes I'm confusing myself with my capacity to pick up games without even looking at demos. I did it with FF7 Rebirth, I deliberately didn't get the demo, which was pretty meaty as it turns out (it covered two chapters of the game) and enjoyed it in my own time when I got the game at launch. With games from certain series, like FF, Persona, XC and anything Nintendo, you just know the quality is up to standard, and so I know that I don't need to. Definitely recommend DT when you can, that game's definitely the better of the two, maybe in the whole series. I liked Paper Jam when I played it ages ago but it had a very boring story and combat was too easy, DT ticked all the boxes.

Same here, I had a very small graduating class too, it was 35, which is tiny compared to what I used to have before that. Meant that if you didn't make friends in certain groups it was more or less pointless, not that it killed my mood.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

card-crunch78

Whenever I write a story based on "Kid Icarus: Uprising", I have a habit of making the characters far, FAR nicer than their canon selves.

What can I say? I'm too nice.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic