Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,481 to 96,500 of 96,845

MarioVillager92

@Yousef- Yeah, I've definitely been going through a lot. Thank you for your kind words, that means a lot to me. I've sent you a Switch friend request, by the way.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

TheBigBlue

Look how far we’ve come as a society
Untitled
Untitled

The same guy who made the first video (top picture titled “Nintendo has forgotten about Mario”) made a second called “Nintendo hasn’t forgotten about Mario”
I don’t know why the pics clipped the video title parts

[Edited by TheBigBlue]

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

Yousef-

@MarioVillager92 oh hi good evening and no problem don’t worry about it. And yeah I just accepted the FR, thanks haha!

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

54 days until Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster.

Donut Drake did nothing wrong.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7391-1388-5607 | My Nintendo: Yousef

Yousef-

TheBigBlue wrote:

Look how far we’ve come as a society
Untitled
Untitled

The same guy who made the first video (top picture titled “Nintendo has forgotten about Mario”) made a second called “Nintendo hasn’t forgotten about Mario”
I don’t know why the pics clipped the video title parts

He’s so terrified of his old video that he telepathically removed all images of it online.

“One thing you can count on: You push a man too far, and sooner or later he'll start pushing back.”
-Max Payne

MarioVillager92

@Yousef- Yeah anytime.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Pastellioli

Coming to say hi again! I hope you, your families and friends are all are having a good day at the moment! Hope you are all playing really fun games at the moment and enjoying them

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rare Replay, Conker: Live and Reloaded and Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage!
Current obsession: Conker’s Bad Fur Day
Xbox Gamertag: VividSkies1778

Switch Friend Code: SW-1834-9478-0593

Yousef-

Pastellioli wrote:

Coming to say hi again! I hope you, your families and friends are all are having a good day at the moment! Hope you are all playing really fun games at the moment and enjoying them

I echo this 💯

-Max Payne

MarioVillager92

@Pastellioli Hello, I hope you're having a good day as well. Haven't been feeling great mentally but I'm doing my best. Been playing Paper Mario: TTYD on Switch.

Pastellioli

@MarioVillager92 Hope you feel better soon! I don’t play the games much (as I’ve only played a little of the first game and Sticker Star), but I’ve heard lots of good things about TTYD, so I hope you are enjoying it a ton!

I find that video games help a lot with my mood and take things that bother me off my mind, or make me happier when I’m in a time where I don’t have much time to do fun stuff; a select few games I have played are very special to me for that very reason.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Rare Replay, Conker: Live and Reloaded and Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage!

Tyranexx

I'm leaving on vacation to SW Canada Monday evening - I'm flying out early on Tuesday, and the airport is a drive - so I don't plan to be active on the site at all until I get back. I'll probably still browse NL news, but I typically log out when I go on vacation. This does count forums. XD

@MarioVillager92 I do hope for your sake that things get better soon. I've learned these periods can be lengthy, but also temporary. Life is like a rollercoaster sometimes.

I think that DKC3 level is in the last world of the game. I've only played/beaten the game once on the Wii U VC. I had access to DKC1 a lot as a kid, but never the other two; I played 2 and 3 fairly recently. I was never able to finish DKC1 as a kid but have as an adult. Gorilla Glacier was always tough. There is no save point until much later on the map, and I couldn't leave to farm lives either. I would be stuck, get a game over, and lose any progress I'd made. It didn't help that other kids would occasionally overwrite my saves. The SNES belonged to my aunt and uncle, so my cousins and other kids she babysat played the system too.

I think I'm going to reach TTYD's end credits before I leave! Not sure about post-game stuff, but I am not going for 100% anyway. I'm in the final dungeon now - and it's a doozy - and think I'm right before another boss. Not sure how long the game will drag things out. I beat Beldam/Marilyn/Doopliss last. I liked Chapter 6 for the most part even if I think Pennington is way less competent compared to his inspiration lol. I likely could have beaten the game by now, but I'm trying to do the Troubles too. I completely understand the backtracking complaints now, but the Switch version makes this less grating.

I actually bought Monster Hunter Rise close to launch after enjoying the demo. It was fun until I got through most of the story content, then it became. So. Frigging. Grindy. I think it's one of those games that is probably at its most fun with others. Which I did play with some online friends a couple times, but the novelty wore off fast. Ah...I miss Wii Sports sometimes. Never have played the Resort version, and I've not grabbed Nintendo Switch Sports. Mainly because it's still... incomplete. I quite like most music. I like various facets of the broad rock and metal genres, and of course my fair share of video games music. I actually like orchestrated video game music a lot, and even some classical stuff. I'll listen to about any genre in the right mood. The only exceptions are straight opera (Heck no), straight rap (I'll take some of this if it's mixed with other genres), and country (I'd rather listen to nothing).

Currently playing: Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (Switch), Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Yousef-

Tyranexx wrote:

I'm leaving on vacation to SW Canada Monday evening - I'm flying out early on Tuesday, and the airport is a drive - so I don't plan to be active on the site at all until I get back. I'll probably still browse NL news, but I typically log out when I go on vacation. This does count forums. XD
@MarioVillager92 I do hope for your sake that things get better soon. I've learned these periods can be lengthy, but also temporary. Life is like a rollercoaster sometimes.

I think that DKC3 level is in the last world of the game. I've only played/beaten the game once on the Wii U VC. I had access to DKC1 a lot as a kid, but never the other two; I played 2 and 3 fairly recently. I was never able to finish DKC1 as a kid but have as an adult. Gorilla Glacier was always tough. There is no save point until much later on the map, and I couldn't leave to farm lives either. I would be stuck, get a game over, and lose any progress I'd made. It didn't help that other kids would occasionally overwrite my saves. The SNES belonged to my aunt and uncle, so my cousins and other kids she babysat played the system too.

I think I'm going to reach TTYD's end credits before I leave! Not sure about post-game stuff, but I am not going for 100% anyway. I'm in the final dungeon now - and it's a doozy - and think I'm right before another boss. Not sure how long the game will drag things out. I beat Beldam/Marilyn/Doopliss last. I liked Chapter 6 for the most part even if I think Pennington is way less competent compared to his inspiration lol. I likely could have beaten the game by now, but I'm trying to do the Troubles too. I completely understand the backtracking complaints now, but the Switch version makes this less grating.

I actually bought Monster Hunter Rise close to launch after enjoying the demo. It was fun until I got through most of the story content, then it became. So. Frigging. Grindy. I think it's one of those games that is probably at its most fun with others. Which I did play with some online friends a couple times, but the novelty wore off fast. Ah...I miss Wii Sports sometimes. Never have played the Resort version, and I've not grabbed Nintendo Switch Sports. Mainly because it's still... incomplete. I quite like most music. I like various facets of the broad rock and metal genres, and of course my fair share of video games music. I actually like orchestrated video game music a lot, and even some classical stuff. I'll listen to about any genre in the right mood. The only exceptions are straight opera (Heck no), straight rap (I'll take some of this if it's mixed with other genres), and country (I'd rather listen to nothing).

Yeah I would really not recommend the switch sports.

-Max Payne

Yousef-

@EllaTheQueen6 top of the morning to you, or err, afternoon. Well it’s morning to you Americans so I WIN!! Or, maybe not.
Irregardless, I was gonna share my Mac n cheese recipe but I’m so effing sleep deprived and have been for the past few days for whatever friggin reason that I think I just wanna lay down and chillax. If I find it within my power I’m probably gonna head down and shop for groceries. Mainly trying to get some spices and ingredients. Probably some pepper, maybe some Turkey, we’ll see.

-Max Payne

Eel

I managed to raise a Ginjirotchi in my tamagotchi pix, and strongly considered keeping him for an extended period of time, because I like that character from the old tamagotchis.

But gosh darn it, he was so high maintenance! The guy goes from to full to starving in like two hours. So when the time came to have him move out and get a job, I unfortunately had to say yes.

[Edited by Eel]

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pastellioli

Hello! It’s morning where I live, so good morning, but if it’s nighttime or midway through the day where you live, good night or good afternoon! Hope you and your families are having a good day!

Just woke up and I feel very great. I’m very excited to draw today, and I hope my day is full of great stuff, though I don’t expect anything to really happen, but that’s ok! On the other hand, I’ve been trying to resist the temptation to buy an eBook on squirrels in pop culture…I love squirrels and that book would be up my alley but it’s so pricey!

[Edited by Pastellioli]

OctolingKing13

@Pastellioli good morning !!! ooh what ebook ? also if you love squirrels, marvels unbeatable squirrel girl may be right up your alley :3 i love that series sm !!

team BREAD
and most importantly team future !!! so exicited for final fest its becoming a really big year for nintendo now !!
😻😔😔😔😋😔🙀

Pastellioli

@OctolingKing13 The book is called Nuts About Squirrels by Don H. Corrigan that discusses various squirrel characters in pieces of media and pop culture like movies, comics and video games and their portrayal, and I think from a preview I saw of it Squirrel Girl gets talked about too.

I stumbled upon it when I was on Wikipedia yesterday reading a section about cancelled video games and the book was cited as a source for one game there since it featured squirrel characters. I don’t think the book is well-known but it seems to appeal to me a ton! I know only about two or three squirrel characters that are mentioned in the book, so I would love to read more about several others I’ve not heard of before. I have never read ebooks or buy them frequently.

[Edited by Pastellioli]

Sunsy

Yesterday was great. My friend and I took a trip to the city to go to an event called Trolls x CAMP. One of the best experiences I ever had. The whole place was set up to look like the Trolls world, it felt like I stepped into the world of my favorite movie. I got to explore around look at everything, I even had a meet and greet with Poppy (remember how we were talking about meetable characters @MarioVillager92, well it happened. ). Definitely never going to forget this trip.

Also, it was an official event DreamWorks set up, so everything was perfect. Even the meetable Poppy was the same one from Universal's parks.

BTW @MarioVillager92 and @Tyranexx, hoping to get to your replies soon. Just been busy preparing for this trip my friend took me on as I haven't been to the city in a long time.

[Edited by Sunsy]

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

OctolingKing13

@Pastellioli that sounds actually awesome!! i may have to check that out ! squirrels are the absolute best !!!

team BREAD
and most importantly team future !!! so exicited for final fest its becoming a really big year for nintendo now !!
😻😔😔😔😋😔🙀

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Hey, no problem at all! I get being busy. In fact, I'm leaving on vacation in a couple days, so it'll probably be a bit before I can get back to you anyway. I'm glad you had fun on your city excursion!

Currently playing: Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (Switch), Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

EllaTheQueen6

@Yousef- I love putting garlic on them, so tasty.
And I better get that recipe

Let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures and drink uranium juice!
President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account :(

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic