Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 79,101 to 79,120 of 96,531

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
I don’t get why they even had the f-bomb in there. From what I’ve read there isn’t any reason For it to be in the movie. But that’s kinda how it is with most movies that use it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@Owl1
From what I know it’s just said for a joke.( it was bleeped out in an ad for the movie.) still going to see the movie though, since it’s only the one use. I figure if I’m bothered by it I can just plug my ears for the two seconds they say it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Princess_Lilly

Harvest Moon Theories and Speculations, at last!

@Anti-Matter It could be an exaggeration, it's just that one of the characters calls someone "master" and PBGamer said that he's "supposed to be" a slave.

Well, she does die of old age, but it's nothing traumatic like the whole Kent thing in SV. Overally, SV characters are not that nice people, be it Kent, George, Pierre, or Pam. But Ellen is not that important as a resident of the Mineral Town.

Regarding your points for Super Mario Galaxy, I would have to respectfully disagree. It's ok to have some presumptions, but I wouldn't say that the storyline model doesn't meet the expectations, it's just very different, much more introspective, and that is beautiful. I personally prefer no voice acting, it's better than disappointing voice acting, at least.

The Mario Galaxy story is more about finding the place and people you belong with in an otherwise cold and uncaring dark void. It tells a story not by countless meaningless dialogues like the modern western AAAs, it's just showing us things and makes us feeling emotions. And the story is there, just the right amount to feel what the game is about. There is a video that explains it better than I would.

@Eel It's just PBG's theory about Kai. Funny thing is, the main writer of HM 64 was not even informed about all the changes they made for the characters, which led to the greatest, nicest cast in any farming game. You're absolutely right, though, some relationships did change.

@Sunsy Kyle Katarn is a pretty well made character. Definitely better than what passes as SW TV series these days.

Edited on by Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

Anti-Matter

@ComfyAko
I don't play Western AAA games because you know I hate Western AAA games that almost all of them are rated M games, but I played cartoonish Western games for kids such as Ratchet & Clank games, Spyro games, Sly Cooper games, Kao the Kangaroo, Disney movies to games, Dreamworks franchises to games, etc and I listened their voice acting from those games, it gave me a high standard for wanting at least simple dialogues with voice acting.

I grew up by 3rd party games so I really expect Mario games and other Nintendo games can do better than 3rd party games, but I keep founding the 3rd party games have the model that impressed me more than Mario games.

I pretty much enjoyed the dialogues and the voice acting from Ratchet & Clank games than 3D Mario games as the voice acting tell the narrative storyline.
It gave me more impression than keep being silent Mario games that for Nintendo fans is totally fine but for me it isn't good enough.

I didn't really digging the whole situation from Super Mario Galaxy storyline from beginning until the end, but I pretty much digging the storyline of Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time PS3 which there was a moment Ratchet found his Dad has passed away and how I was wanting to see Ratchet could meet with his Dad maybe with some travel.

Another example was the storyline of Sly Cooper 2 PS3 that made me became have compassion with Bentley after he got crushed by Clockwerk beak and made him unable to walk with his leg permanently and he wore modified wheelchair on the next games.

That was some examples how the voice acting that delivered with good storyline, it made me getting more engaged with the game.

And if I keep finding next 3D Mario games without voice acting and better storyline, I will not expect I can enjoy the games more than the 3rd party games with models I want.
Will I buy for next 3D Mario games ? Definitely.
But will I enjoy the games and storyline? Probably not as much as the 3rd party games I played.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Cool, I need to play it more I was unaware there was a story book part of it. I remember playing Sunshine more when I got 3D All-Stars as I lost my old copy of Super Mario Sunshine a long time ago.

I know that feeling. When I went to see Trolls World Tour last year, I rode past a theater that was just sitting there. It eerie part about it, I actually went to this theater as a kid to see a movie, I think it was the family comedy, Rookie of the Year. To see it sitting there doing nothing is quite sad.

@ComfyAko I agree. After the first level of Jedi Knight, I got a goofy smile on my face when Jan save Kyle. I grew to appreciate these two during my playthrough of Dark Forces.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

EllaTheQueen6

@Owl1 Hang on gimme a minute if you're still having problems with the suit I can help you.
@Tyranexx I'd hope he has AC. He lives in an oven. Just one, big, sandy oven. I remember one time he was in the car, and he sent me a picture of what he could see out of the car window, and it was just sand. I just said "Seef I know you live in a desert but this is too much" and now me, him, and my brother just make jokes about all his sand.
@ComfyAko Oh, yeah... Konata's father...

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

TheBigBlue

I woke up at 6:30 in the morning to see a bunch of dancing ganondorfs for profile pictures and I couldn’t be happier

Wait, why do we need a signature? Eh, I don’t know. Here’s your signature.

EllaTheQueen6

I got a new game, but the game didn't give me a tutorial and I didn't know the controls at all so of course I lost almost immediately.
Untitled

Princess_Lilly

@Sunsy Jedi Knight is a gem, the first and only game in the series I played. I somehow didn't want to see anything less than JA, so i never started Jedi outcast. I was a fooooool!

@Anti-Matter Are there so many rated M games, though? I was pretty sure most AAAs get PG these days since it's better for business and let's face it, it has more to do with money than actual rating. I also think these ratings are for nothing, they are the product of a bygone era when some boomers thought video games cause violence. So they thought of another useful for nobody invention. It can be useful for movies or books, but video games? Are we supposed to feel bad because we ran over a couple of pixels? That's pretty amusing.

Nice portfolio, what Kao games did you play? Did you like them?

The main problem with voice acting is that it gets boring. If you play a level first time, it's that nice cinematic feeling, but around 3rd - 4th time hearing the same stream of words over and over can ruin a great level. It's different strokes for different folks, though. Ratchet was great and had splendid storyline, but in most games the dialogues are just noise. In most games with voice acting, the characters are just yammering some forgettable nonsense. FFV, FFVII, Okami, and many more games didn't have voice acting and they had such great, memorable, emotional stories, without a single superflous word.

Ratchet and Sly are kinda different since they have more developed storylines, and Ratchet even has a decent one. Sly's story is just... there.

So all in all, I think I'm in for completely different types of stories. Music, environment, tiny gestures, they all make me feel emotions (which I've been struggling with for a long time), whereas too much talking just bores me. Which is why TLOU is a 6/10 game and 2/10 for me since it was actually one of couple of games that literally almost put me to sleep.

Princess_Lilly

EllaTheQueen6

@ComfyAko Hey Ako, do you like Hololive or just VShoujo?

EllaTheQueen6

Anyone know what a recaptcha is and how it could fail?
Untitled

EllaTheQueen6

@Owl1 Ok, ok, you got VRoid of of steam, correct? I'm asking cause I need to know if you're using the steam version.

Eel

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko a recaptcha is a little thing the page uses to make sure you’re not a bot trying to log in.

It can as simple as checking in a little box, and as complex as solving a little picture puzzle.

If you didn’t see anything like that while login in and it still said you failed it, perhaps bring it up in the feedback thread for the admins to see.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic