Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 79,061 to 79,080 of 96,308

Princess_Lilly

@Anti-Matter Huang is sus, even the police officer is asking around about him in the original, lol.

Kinda weird how they changed Karen from a drunk mess to a strong character in HM BTN

Honestly, I lost intrest in the new HM with new Natsume. Story of Seasons (from the creators of the originals) are way better.

I know that she was a candidate, it's just that in general, I don't really like playing as a male character. Funny thing is, I have no problems playing as a male in HM unless marriage is involved. Even funnier thing is that until not long ago, playing as a male character didn't actually bother me, but I would always opt for the female character.

Edited on by Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@Eagly On your last point I am pretty blind to such stuff due to having very little contact with the outside world for pretty much my whole life and not consuming much media but I did see someone else with the same views on Nikol. I've been trying to avoid the wiki recently and I don't frequent Reddit so I couldn't say if it was a majority opinion.
Eh, if there is a maximum community bonus tell me, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Eel

@ComfyAko BTN simply reused the character designs to make an entire new cast. So it’s not so much that her personality changed, she’s basically an entirely different person.

The Karen in BTN lives with loving, financially stable, parents so her outlook on life is a lot more positive. Her connection to the local winery means she still likes wine, but it’s no longer the focal point of her existence.

With her father being a nervous pushover though, she’s developed a strong assertive personality to cover up for his lack… of one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Princess_Lilly

@Eel Well, they did keep all of their names and relationships, also most characters were very similar to their 64 predcessors, if I remember correctly (or I might have mixed it up). Didn't Karen live in a mansion in 64? They had their own winery and a slave (according to PeanutButterGamer), and Karen just didn't find the rural life fun, so she spent her time drinking.

Funnily enough I just reminded myself that stating that I dislike playing as a male video character (which I admitted to 1 post earlier) got my comment deleted as inappropriate and I was so baffled (I stated that the game looks good and I would like to play it despite it having a male protag).

Sober or not, Karen's cooking skills have not improved these past 20 years

Princess_Lilly

Okami1

@TeaCatherine I'm jetlagged and confused... What were we talking about again lol.

dysgraphia awareness human

Okami1

YAAAAAAY!!!!! My Switch's fan is fixed!!!

Edited on by Okami1

Okami1

@Colonel_Mustache this means I can friend you now!!! My copy should be here either the day of or the day after.

I'm soo feraking happy right now!!! It's been sooooo long since I've played my Switch.

Imma go cry and play Animal Crossing... lol

Edited on by Okami1

Okami1

@Colonel_Mustache like the third time you've dodged the friend question lol.

I am very ecstatic currently.

I will!

Edited on by Okami1

Sunsy

ComfyAko wrote:

@Sunsy Seems like you're a busy person. It's great you have time for gaming, though. Got KOTOR or Jedi Academy on May 4th, btw? I got KOTOR, played it some time ago but couldn't pass it. Gonna make a new run

Cool, I just got Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2. I beat the original Dark Forces back in early March, so wanted to play the follow up. Really liking the adventures of Kyle Katarn. Have fun with KOTOR.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Just wanted to point out that yes, the Wii did have a feature where you could gift games to your friends. I still remember that you could do that! I've been gifted a game once or twice, and I even got to gift a game or two to a friend of mine long ago.

I think I saw that Mickey game on a YouTube video, SNES Drunk made a video on every Disney-themed game that was on the SNES, and he did the same thing for the Genesis as well. I think that was an edutainment game, or something like that?

That's cool, I did like the DS Lite as well, though I wasn't a fan of its buttons for some reason. I loved how much better the screens were, though the first one I had had one of those "dead pixels." On the touch screen, there was a red pixel that just wouldn't go away. I can't remember if that was fixed in later DS Lite models, but I remember that was totally fixed for the DSi and onward.

I knew it. Yeah, my friend wanted to gift me a copy of MK11 Ultimate from the eShop, but couldn't, so he just got the eShop card and gave me the code. It worked, but it ruins the surprise element of gifts, lol.

Looks like that's a SNES Drunk video I missed. I remember renting a Mickey Mouse game where he's jumping on books. I also remember playing Quackshot on Sega Channel, but I think that was a Genesis only game IIRC.

Ahhh, the dredded dead pixel. I had one when I got my AGS-101 GBA SP. Thankfully Nintendo sent me a replacement. They had some advance replacement system where they send you the repaired system, and you send in the broken one. All within the warranty period. I miss that replacement plan, it was a lot easier than sending in the system and waiting for weeks to get it repaired.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

@ComfyAko very few relationships actually survived the move. Basically each bachelorette managed to keep one person in their family tree, but that’s about it.

Karen’s father in 64 is heavily implied to be abusive, her mom is always sad, and their vineyard is in a decline, which makes things worse. So she’s sick of life at home.

I suppose Kai’s status could be interpreted that way, but I don’t really remember the game making any heavy implications there.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TeaCatherine

@Owl1 You mentioned The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, and I was stating my views on the subseries.

TeaCatherine

@Owl1 Sorry, yeah I know there wasn't much context. It's down to time zones, I tend to read the thread each morning and reply to things then but by that time they tend to be a couple of pages back.

Anti-Matter

Owl1 wrote:

YAAAAAAY!!!!! My Switch's fan is fixed!!!

Me too. 😄
I brought my Switch to local game repair shop last Saturday and the fan got replaced as I found the old fan didn't spin smoothly and that made my Switch getting hotter quickly and I have ever experienced with overheat warning during playing in dock mode.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Eel
"Karen’s father in 64 is heavily implied to be abusive, her mom is always sad, and their vineyard is in a decline, which makes things worse. So she’s sick of life at home."

Who is Karen's father and mother in HM N64 ?
Duke and Manna or Jeff and Sasha ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter Sasha and Gotz

Duke was the owner of the bar, and Jeff was the owner of the bakery (and Elli’s potential husband)

Manna was minor character that you only see once or twice.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Okami1

@Eel that's in a Harvest Moon? If so... Wow, just wow.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic