Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 79,041 to 79,060 of 96,538

TeaCatherine

@Owl1 The first one ain't anything special, but the second is pretty good.
@Snatcher I don't own a next-gen console so it doesn't really bother me that much, plus TotK is the price as BotW over here, granted they're both £10 more expensive then all other first party Nintendo games barring SSBU.
@Eagly So, how far into FR are you?

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Princess_Lilly

@Snatcher I think of game prices in general as a self sorting issue. If a game costs too much for me, I wait for a sale, or don't buy it at all. I have many hobbies beside video games, and let's face it - time isn't made of rubber, it won't stretch. Therefore I will always be busy.

The biggest contributor to my savings is the fact that there are way less good games now than there were in the 00s, so it's not a financial strain for me.

As for 70$ pricetag, I probably won't buy Zelda until it gets discounted, since I have so many thing to play, it would just gather the proverbial dust.

Princess_Lilly

Eel

Some time ago, bought a pass for a special research quest in Pokemon Go that ends in an encounter with a shiny Jirachi, the only way to get one in the game. A very rare case of me buying something in the game.

The first few steps of the mission have been very annoying, so I went and checked what does the whole thing entail and, oh my god it gets worse. So much worse.

Why

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

blindsquirrel

@Eel
At least you’ll get some exercise while your hunting for it.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Anti-Matter

I found it was so ironic to see my Youtubers Life 2 Switch version was running well than my PS4 version after the games got updated.
The PS4 version had a subtitle #CityStories after got updated and its performance was suddenly getting worse. My save data PS4 version suddenly got corrupted, there were some crash by uploading photo to Instalife, etc.
It made me really brokenhearted after I spent tons of hours to play the PS4 version with better fps performance and loading time, getting married and got more than 1M subscribers, all the efforts got corrupted after the new update.
But for Switch version, the game didn't have any subtitle after the update and surprisingly it still running well, so I have no choice but continue my previous progress of Switch version.
I really hope the Switch version will not messed up after my house got upgraded as I remembered the saving screen from PS4 version have tendency to stuck in progress and if I accidentally quit from the game, it might corrupt the data.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko That good, huh?

JONOFTHEJONS

@ComfyAko Is Genshin Impact still even coming to Switch? The last that I heard about it was when Mihoyo confirmed that it’s still in development, and that was last year. I hope we will hear if it’s still in development for Switch this year Because I really want to play this on anything other then a phone.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

JONOFTHEJONS

Do you guys that The Force Unleashed 2 will come to Switch? The first one was really good on Switch.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Anti-Matter

@JONOFTHEJONS
Here is the thing.
When the game will never getting ported to Switch, just let it be.
I have learnt the hard way from wishing The Sims 4 on Switch and it never happened as from my experience with The Sims 4 PS4 version, the game itself still took long loading time on my PS4 Slim, cannot imagine the worse thing happened on Switch version.
Maybe there was some concern from certain developers to port the games for Switch.
As long the games still available on PlayStation machine for example, it will be fine for me.

Anti-Matter

JONOFTHEJONS

@Anti-Matter Yeah, getting EA to port anything to Switch is like ripping a tooth off. But I understand what you mean.

Anti-Matter

I saw the stock of Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town PS4 version & Harvest Moon One World PS4 version in my country were getting rare so I have to get those games on the next purchase as I really want four games of "Harvest Moon" games on my PS4.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@JONOFTHEJONS
Recently i prefer the porting from Switch to PS4 / PS5 version like the case of Story of Seasons Pioneers of Olive Town which the Switch version was really terrible before got patched and updated. I immediately cancelled the Switch version and waiting for PS4 version that actually running better than Switch version (fps boost to 60 fps, already fixed version).
From here, I will definitely pick the PS4 / PS5 version for every upcoming 3rd party multi console games as the games have better performance than Switch version.
I'm fine to sacrifice the portability as I played my games on TV a lot since during pandemic.

Anti-Matter

Princess_Lilly

@JONOFTHEJONS I don't want to be a stick in a mud but I'm pretty sure it can't be done. Hoyoverse does have the means to do so - they could employ good programmers, much better than the ones they have in Continental Taiwan/Singapore, but they don't really do that for some reason.

And with their current staff, well... They barely made the PS3 looking game running on PS4 and you can pretty much see it when you play PS4 version and then PS5 one. There is no comparison. Therefore, the chances of them getting Genshin to be playable for Switch are slim. With the current low pay low skill staff, of course

Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

@Anti-Matter Good, good, let the coziness of Harvest Moon flow through you

SoS Friends of Minaral Town is a remake of one of the best games in the history of gaming. Shame they couldn't leave the original portraits, but the new ones are great too. Plus you can marry Mary unlike in more friends of mineral town

Princess_Lilly

Anti-Matter

@ComfyAko
I will play as male character and marry the dudes in Friends of Mineral Town since I'm looking for same gender marriage. 😝
My choices are Gray, Kai, Brandon and Huang (Previously named Won and he looked waaaay much better in remake version).
I played as guy and have get married with Ralph, Emilio and Jack in Pioneers of Olive Town. 😁
I will get married with Braden and Kanoa for Harvest Moon One World, but I have to play as a female character since there is no same gender marriage (Dang it, Natsume).
I'm glad Natsume provided the option of same gender marriage for Harvest Moon Wind of Anthos, so I will hunting for handsome dudes, ahoy !

Btw, Mary was eligible girl for marriage in Harvest Moon Back to Nature PS1.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Eagly I don't and I don't even know what the one for Torna is? Yeah, it's definitely more geared towards XC1 fans then XC2 fans.

TeaCatherine

@Eagly Yeah, that did occur to me.
Of what?
Yeah, I get what you mean.

Princess_Lilly

@Anti-Matter Huang is sus, even the police officer is asking around about him in the original, lol.

Kinda weird how they changed Karen from a drunk mess to a strong character in HM BTN

Honestly, I lost intrest in the new HM with new Natsume. Story of Seasons (from the creators of the originals) are way better.

I know that she was a candidate, it's just that in general, I don't really like playing as a male character. Funny thing is, I have no problems playing as a male in HM unless marriage is involved. Even funnier thing is that until not long ago, playing as a male character didn't actually bother me, but I would always opt for the female character.

Edited on by Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@Eagly On your last point I am pretty blind to such stuff due to having very little contact with the outside world for pretty much my whole life and not consuming much media but I did see someone else with the same views on Nikol. I've been trying to avoid the wiki recently and I don't frequent Reddit so I couldn't say if it was a majority opinion.
Eh, if there is a maximum community bonus tell me, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic