Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 67,641 to 67,660 of 96,558

TeaCatherine

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika As someone who's played it, do you think Xenoblade Chronicles 3 should have won anything? (Ugh, I'm sorry for sounding like a questionnaire.)
Edit: Didn't see you had posted about that whilst I was writing.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Anti-Matter

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika
Okay, we can continue here to avoid off topic conversations from Unpopular Opinion thread.

About anime style, there are certain anime style I like such as Sailor Moon (90's anime), Fancy Lala, Yokai Watch, Pokemon, Doraemon, etc since their drawing style and the charm from those franchises are matched with my brain, probably more than 95% matched with my brain.
Especially Sailor Moon, her magical transformation actually gave me idea for my Chibi Boxer that can henshin like Sailor Moon.
There was a compatibility between those ideas with my brain.

However, there are a lot of anime drawing style that I don't like or will never like such as Rune Factory character design (I don't like their bishounen looking dudes and the annoying eyes design), xenoblade (too many waifus, especially with big boobs), retro 70's character with hairstyle like Saint Seiya, Gegege no Kitaro (too creepy), wimpy bishounen looking dudes, etc.

About Final Fantasy, FF VIII has the best character design in my opinion as their outfits, the color tones, the character design, hairstyles, etc are really simple and interesting to see, like our casual outfits we wore everyday or on special occasion.
But, I have no longer interest with recent SquareEnix games when the character design made by Tetsuya Nomura as they have more unappealing design for me (too many visual kei / emo looking dudes with long hairs) for the latest SquareEnix games.

Here is one thing I want to explain about girl characters in video games.
I like to play girlie fashion games such as Style Savvy / Nicola Kanshu as they have girlie anime looking but since the main selling point is about fashion, I positioned myself as a girl who want to have slumber party and girlie activity stuffs. In this case, the girl characters sell fashion and cute stuffs.
But, when the girl characters are designed to be appealed for adult male audiences, I see the girls selling sex appeal and sensuality and since I have different sex orientation, I didn't feel interested with them because they will sell minimalist outfits as possible and I don't like to see nearly naked female characters especially when they have big boobs.

Here is one case from anime Ika Musume.
Untitled

Even the girl characters has been designed appropriate enough for younger audiences / teens, but when I saw handsome shirtless dudes from the scenes, I will pay attention on them, not the girl characters.

Anti-Matter

TeaCatherine

@Anti-Matter Not all of the Xenoblade series has the overkill breasts, just 2 because they subcontracted character designs.

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

Zuljaras

Dear NintendoLifers! I bring you some Christmas cheer with my latest creation ... the Grinch from the Illumination movie (2018)!

Untitled

I really loved making him as it was a request from my fiancé! We both really love the "new" movie. Well we love the Jim Carrey one too!

I hope you like him!

Snatcher

@TeaCatherine So in short, shirtless dudes win lmao!

@Zuljaras Oh my goodness! I love him so much! I love the movie! And I love this just as! Dang your talented!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras You deserve it! I mean look at him! He really looks like him! He looks really good! Really you should feel proud!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

JaxonH

I currently am in charge of the metrology labs (measurement labs) at my company, and oversee 3 labs, 2 in Wisconsin, 1 in Indiana. Been there 12 yrs, wasn't looking for another job.

But these recruiters are relentless. They keep contacting me trying to set up interviews. So I finally did. And today I was offered a position as Metrology Engineer as a salaried employee, at a notable increase over what I make now. 4 weeks paid vacation, 3 days paid sick time with a $2k sign on bonus.

Wasn't originally planning on taking this other job. Was just gonna use it as leverage to get a raise at my current one. But... I think I'm gonna accept the offer. Been working toward being a Metrology Engineer for many year. And as someone who never got a college degree, it's a pretty amazing opportunity.

I know nobody really cares (Im just some stranger on the internet), but I'm excited and it just felt good to say it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH Nah bro, if your happy! I’m happy for you as well!

@TeaCatherine definitely not him mentioning it for the 100th time, definitely not.

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika Am I just a bad person if the first Xenoblad game I want to to try is the one with the Wifu’s? I’m going to try and get into the series, and honestly ai would like to do that with a game I enjoy visually, and character wise, I know you should play them in order, but the first Xenoblad game design wise, world wise, doesn’t look nearly as fun as 2 for me, and the last thing I would want to do is feel like I have to rush through to just to beat 1.

So I think I’m going to get two, and I end up liking it, I’m going to get one, then three, I know the order is wack, but I just want to play the one I personally think looks more enjoyable to me.

Kermit1doesmath

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika more people are talking about him than the awards, which is what he wanted. Kinda like those soup painting throwers people forgot about.

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic