Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,061 to 63,080 of 68,434

Kermit1Pineapple

Maxenmus wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

Something random go! I'm going to friend you on Switch ok, I'm Kermit1.

Alright, just be aware that I might not be using my Switch anymore for the next couple of months. Gonna be on my 3DS for quite a while.

Cool!

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

Kermit1Pineapple

Watch your volume mike
Untitled
I love google translate.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
Cool!
Now microphone have its name Mike.

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1Pineapple

@Anti-Matter not my photo but that is a product I going to get.

His name will be Mike Boombox

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Eel

Sigh that’s now three videos that got “processing abandoned” ‘d by youtube. The first two times it was the same long video being abandoned twice in a row, so I’ll try splitting it in two chapters instead… The third one I can’t figure out why because it wasn’t even done uploading, and it’s not even long…

If it fails again I suppose I’ll just let my computer take a break from uploading. With my internet it’s very slow, and I’ve been uploading multiple videos in a row… So perhaps it just needs to rest a few days.

On nicer news, I finally figured out how to create videos in different aspect ratios, which will be cool for retro games.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1Pineapple

I got a Pokemon Happy Meal at McDonalds today and the Pokemon toy is really cool. I got the Smeargle one.

I got a holo-Victini card. My Victini luck recently is crazy.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Maxenmus

NeonPizza wrote:

Donations and accepting gifts can be annoying though and kind of rub me the wrong way. Whatever happened to making GOOD content, and relying on Add revenue/hits & clicks, and even merchandise?
Why are people donating to these regular joes when these dudes are already making money by creating content, aside from having a full time job? I mean obviously people can do what they want, but they're either doing it to show their appreciation and support, or usually younger fans are just that guilable, lonely and desire recognition. Even if it means being 'that guy' who constantly donates large amounts of money to said Youtuber. Some of these guys tend to be more responsive to those that constantly donate if they can actually remeber their user names lol If you haven't joined their super duper elite club or have donated in the past they'll nearly ghost your a**. I don't even donated to anyone before. You unsubscribe from whoever and you're instantly gone and forgotten. Just another number.

I think it's a more grey area than that. You have to remember... YouTube actively screws its creators over to satisfy the shareholders and companies that get YouTube to broadcast their ads. If a video creator remotely upsets these companies by having "unacceptable content" or whatever that means, their videos get strike down and there's no money to be made. It's why I don't mind an average YouTuber making the occasional mention to donate to their Patron if we like their content. Making money on YouTube isn't as easy you think. People get burned out over making content. I was a Twitch creator before, and I understand the stress it would cause you to make content 24/7, landing me, literally, in therapy when I got burned out in just a matter of weeks.

But here's the thing though: occasional mention. I do agree that certain YouTubers take it too far and become kinda annoying when they constantly spam every single one of their videos with "Don't forget to subscribe, like, and gimme money money" which puts me off and makes me unsubscribe. I think there needs to be a balance, a certain understanding why we watch their videos. The donation should be a show of appreciation from us, not because you're begging us for it. Unless you're homeless and living on the street, nobody likes beggars.

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus your on the money. I fully relate to what you said.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

blindsquarel

I only have like a week and a half until school starts. This summer has went by way to fast. At least I am a senior and getting out of high school after this year.

Currently Playing: Pokémon white
“ who dares to stand up to Vandal Savage, destroyer of worlds”
“ Leonard Snart, Robber of ATM’s

Maxenmus

@Kermit1
The whole conversation just reminds me of Lady Decade. She made a video about a week ago literally crying on camera because some jerk sued her for a supposed "copyright claim" (€500 penalty) even though she has said that she was careful to check for all copyright material. She has claimed that she couldn't really afford to pay the penalty with her financial situation, so her channel was literally at risk of being shut down. She has since removed that video, probably because Jeremy from The Quartering has donated her that money, as did many others, so she didn't want people to keep on giving her money for that video. But it just shows how easy it is for your channel, your only source of income for many people, to be cancelled forever.

She makes great content about retro games btw. Her latest one is about Super Mario World:

Edited on by Maxenmus

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

Eel

@Kermit1 ah I wish we had McDonalds here, I would totally go buy a happy meal too.

Last time I got a pokemon toy in one, it was from Pokemon Back & White!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1Pineapple

@Maxenmus YouTube is still a teenager it still has time to mature. (aka needs a new leader who is not a yes woman)

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

JoeDiddley

I went to London and back for work today. I live in the North of England so it’s a few hours away. It’s strange to arrive, go on the Underground then be in an office all day. So you get a short glimpse of what makes it so iconic but before you know it you’re back again. Like it never really happened. I did see Platform 9 3/4 at the station on the way to the gents.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

ogo79

i miss the old happy meal toys

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Kermit1Pineapple

@ogo79 I do too. I remember the LCD games they once gave away in them, those were cool.

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Actually, what DOES govern cart acceleration at the start of a race? I learned long ago what causes backfiring, but the speed boost at the beginning is fleeting for me. I'm holding down on the gas between 2 and 1 during the countdown. I do like experimenting with the characters on occasion, even if I'm not fond of all of them.

As for that Mario 3DS XL: I believe I recall seeing images of that, but you may be right that it was never released here. I REALLY wanted that black Triforce Zelda OG 3DS w/ Ocarina of Time 3D that came out during the Christmas season in 2011-2012, but I couldn't pony up enough cash (poor college student) before it was permanently out of stock. I had to settle for the beautiful red (but not as exciting) OG 3DS packaged with Super Mario 3D Land. Most special edition consoles seem rarer and are harder to get these days, not helped by the pandemic at all.

@Kermit1 Literally the only reason I willingly visit McDonald's is when they have Pokemon-themed Happy Meals. XD I loved going there as a kid, but as an adult...eh. If I want a burger and fries - which I try not to eat often - there are often better local places more worth throwing money at.

@JoeDiddley I'd love to visit the UK at some point in my life. I'm unashamed to admit, as a Harry Potter nut, that the Platform 9 3/4 nod would be one of several planned destinations. XD

Currently playing: Ys Origin (Switch), 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic