Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,061 to 63,080 of 96,531

Kermit1doesmath

Does anybody feel overwhelmed with everything going on in the world and also that because of what you believe other people think your wrong and you feel small because if you speak you will be "thrown stones at" for even opening your mouth.

dysgraphia awareness human

Mioaionios

@Kermit1
I don't know. Things are becoming so bad here in Europe (Ukranian war, energy crisis, heat waves, draughts, climate crisis in general,...) that those who say everything's fine are the ones being spat at.

Mioaionios

Rambler

@Kermit1, @Mioaionios
The Tory govt, and, by extension, the Tory Party are utterly disinterested in helping people here with the extreme increases in energy prices.

People will die over winter because of this, business will close because of this, hospitals will be under even more pressure because of this.

We currently do not have a leader for our country, and the candidates seem to be happier shouting out increasingly more bigoted policies to appease their tiny party membership/electorate.

Climate change is now permanent, yet there is still hand wringing on how to cut back on meat consumption, and fossil fuels. Er, don't use both? That partly includes me, btw: hypocrisy is the great leveller.

I don't feel overwhelmed with this, just angry that people who have the power are so craven in wanting to keep it to the detriment of others, society, and the planet in general.

Rambler

jump

Can we stop calling climate change "climate change" please? Dick Cheney invented the term with focus groups so people would feel better about it than calling it global warming which has worked as it delayed it becoming a more popular topic of discussion for 20ish years. Which is also odd since another politician Thatcher invented the term global warming to promote her stance against the coal mine strikes. I prefer the term torching the whole fing planet on fire myself.

Of course such spin works the other way round with zeitgeist silliness promoting non-political fluff to replace the old frenzies of the red scare, satanic panic and witch hunts.

@Rambler Yep it was just like the "do you think I'm funny” scene where I shout at my dates with incredible tension to prove my alpha male testosteroneness only to tell them it was a joke. Oh wait, you meant when they make up a table and treat them like fancy guests.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
There is always a nice people for you to interact in the world full of chaos.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

I am SO done with Ferrari.
So done... I had to change my profile picture.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Mioaionios

@Rambler
At the end of the day the only thing we can do is vote for those parties you think will try to take action and do your best to decrease your own ecological footprint.

I've reduced my meat consumption to 2 meals a week, take public transport as much as possible, do groceries on foot, reduce heating in winter (18°C), only keep the lights on in the room I'm currently in, don't order online unless there's absolutely no other way,...

There's much we can do but it takes some dedication.

Mioaionios

Kermit1doesmath

@Mioaionios @Balta666 @Rambler Yesterday I did something I never do and looked at the news, It's all depressing, so many lies, half truths, headless chickens (so to speak, not in a mean way). It all felt overwhelming to me and for the first time I felt sick looking at what's going on.

@Anti-Matter Yes there always are. Have you seen this video, It made me want to play DDR lol.

@Jump We all know the correct term, It's raining men.

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
Thanks for the video. 😃
I have already did for DDR MAX 2 Arcade by asking permission from the Arcade owner to input the password code into the machine since the machine CMOS battery was dead so it couldn't memorize the input codes once the machine turned off.

OMG...!!!
I have never knew there was Maniac Mode by convoluted button configuration for DDR Disney Rave PS1 Japan. 🤯🤯🤯

NEAT!!!
Twilight Zone in Maniac stepchart!
I have never seen that stepchart before even 20 years ago.

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

I got a Pink Yoshi plush. What should the Yoshi's name be.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Anti-Matter

Today 31 August 2022 is 25th anniversary of the death of Lady Diana and Dodi al Fayed from car crash accident. 🥀

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Kermit1 wrote:

Pinkie.
Also, there was a song named Pink Dinosaur by PAPAYA on DDR 4th Mix.

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

Anti-Matter wrote:

Kermit1 wrote:

Pinkie.
Also, there was a song named Pink Dinosaur by PAPAYA on DDR 4th Mix.

I'm picking this one, I love it. Pinkie will be joining my family of Eevees (Netty, Link).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic