Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 63,081 to 63,100 of 96,492

Zuljaras

I just got back from my summer vacation and I got my copies of the Cowabunga collection AND Knights of the Old Republic today as well ... tomorrow is gonna be great!

Kermit1doesmath

@Zuljaras Knight of the Old Republic didn't really click with me sadly, it's pretty nice looking visually though.

dysgraphia awareness human

NintendoByNature

I keep checking my Amazon delivery for my copy of cowabunga collection. It's all I'll be doing tonight.

NintendoByNature

Eel

@Kermit1 yeah I even keep the blue one sealed in the box, and the green one has seen lots of use (got it bundled with the WiiU game), but it still looks very much like new.

Definitely my favorite amiibos.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@NintendoByNature I imagine you're waiting with baited breath as we speak (especially based off of your previous PFP)!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

Tyranexx wrote:

@MarioLover92 Some of those shows moving to Cartoon Network was why I fell out of watching some of them, particularly Pokemon; I didn't have regular access to cable or satellite TV for many years. I used to have Yu-Gi-Oh cards but recently sold them; I wasn't using them and would rather have others enjoy them. We did get satellite TV when I was in high school, but nothing from Cartoon Network besides what ended up on Boomerang (Still a decent place for classic cartoons) due to the package we had. Plenty of Nickelodeon though.

Yeah I remember that Pokemon was on Cartoon Network, though I think they were just reruns of older episodes. My family and I have had cable TV for the longest time, until around 2010 or so, if I recall correctly. I kind of stopped watching cartoons when I was about 13 or so, and I wanted to get more into anime and stuff like that. My brother was huge into Naruto at the time and I caught some episodes of it.

Sunsy wrote:

Glad to hear it! Awesome, so we can play Tetris then.

Rock won, yeah I think I went for Scissors because it was red, lol. Weekend was busy so I just wanted to try and play a few quick rounds. I think I did a total of five games, and won three of them. Though, seeing user art on the maps was something else, I don't think I was expecting that tbh.

Nice, do let me know if you wanna play it with me. I'm assuming the game lets you play friend matches?

That's cool. I just picked which move I liked the most. There were a couple other reasons why I picked Rock. It's because I've always liked rock music, and also because of Mega Man. (Rock is his "real name," so to speak, he started out as a housekeeping robot alongside Roll, before becoming Mega Man. He's called Rockman in Japan, as well.) Funnily enough, Rock was blue in the Splatfest, too. Wonder if Nintendo wanted to make a subtle connection between Splatoon and Mega Man. Honestly, I'd love a crossover between the two, now that I think about it!

TheJGG wrote:

I am SO done with Ferrari.
So done... I had to change my profile picture.

Speaking of which, I could use a new one pretty soon. I've had this one for some time now!

@Eel I still have my green Yarn Yoshi amiibo, the same one that came with Yoshi's Woolly World. Definitely the most unique one that I have!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel I only own a Bowser Skylander amiibo (It's becoming quite the high value item recently) and a R.O.B. amiibo. Plus a nice stack of Animal Crossing cards that see tons of use.

NintendoByNature

@Fizza oh yea. I've been a turtles dude since I was about 3 and understood life. Turtles, pizza, and ninja kicks were all I cared about at that time. I played the heck out of turtles 1 on nes, turtles II, hyperstone heist, and turtles in time. With that said, I'm stoked to give some of the other titles a shot.

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

Has anyone ever genuinely enjoyed a franchise, only for the internet to kill any enduring interest you have in it? Asking for a friend.

@Anti-Matter Good luck on securing those purchases! I did get into retro game collecting for a bit, but the prices + the space it all requires means I dropped that some time ago. As for stockpiling games, I'm trying to do less of that; unless there's something I really, REALLY want, I'll usually hold off unless I know I'll be playing it soon. I've had some games backlogged for years.

@MarioLover92 I'm pretty sure new Pokemon episodes were on Cartoon Network's Toonami block for a long time; IDK what happened there, but I think they bought up a ton of anime licenses. I've always liked animation, from anime to western children's cartoons (ESPECIALLY if it's hand-drawn; it's hard for me to watch newer Arthur episodes ever since they went to digital animation). Some adult animation too, though I'm pretty picky about the source; I like older Simpsons and Futurama, same with Bob's Burgers. I never got into some of the really raunchy ones like South Park and Family Guy though. The latter does have funny cutaway gags sometimes, but I never found a reason to enjoy the former.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kermit1doesmath

@Eel yup... I remember when I got it (the game for Wii with it) I was very upset, because it was just the racing part and I only had the ship that came with the game. Long story short that game is in a DVD box in my basement somewhere.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yes, it does, played it with my IRL friend plenty of times.

Very cool! Yeah I remember reading that one point about Mega Man. Hmm, I wonder if a splatfest would be possible. Randomly, I got reminded of the Spongebob splatfest from the Wii U days. Would be nice to have other themed Splatfests. Trying to remember other ones now.

@Tyranexx Miraculous: The Tale of Ladybug and Cat Noir, it was a cartoon that took place in France about two teens named Marinette and Adrien, who transform into Ladybug and Cat Noir respectively, and they fight bad guys. It was a good show, but some of the fans kind of ruined it for me sadly.

Given I keep seeing how bad the Sonic fandom is, I'm still surprised I'm a fan of Sonic. Though small, the few Trolls fans I've ran into online have been really nice.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy Miraculous: The Tale of Ladybug and Cat Noir has some weird fans. I enjoyed what I saw of it before googling more about it...

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ah yeah, good ol Toonami. Didn't that shut down a long while back? I remember catching some episodes of Dragon Ball Z on it. That's cool, yeah I've always liked animation as well. My teenage years just happened to be my "cool" phase, lol, which was why I wanted to get into anime at that time. My dad loved The Simpsons back in the day, it was put on like every single day. I still remember the main theme, and the many times Homer said "D'oh!" in various episodes. I watched a good number of episodes of Futurama and I do like them. I didn't watch too much of Family Guy, but yeah, South Park gets really crazy a lot of the time. I can certainly understand why you're not into it.

@Sunsy That's good. Maybe a Splatfest that has Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass as the three teams? There was also a Ninja Turtles themed Splatfest for Splatoon 2, that one was more set up like a tournament to see which of the four turtles was the best. (Speaking of which, I wanna get Shredder's Revenge at some point, heard that one's awesome!)

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic