Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,041 to 61,060 of 96,605

ChameleonBros

@MarioLover92 Toad's Factory would be an awesome choice (despite the mud+ shifting walls at the end of the lap frequently getting the best of me). I just wonder how much the presence of Toad Circuit 3DS might hurt its chances (at least for the first 3 waves), since they somewhat try to keep character-themed courses spread out and varied?

@Grumblevolcano More Double Dash courses would be welcome for sure, and that DK course was great. I think there's 4 DD tracks yet to return as a retro track in any Mario Kart game- Mushroom City, Wario Colliseum, Bowser's Castle GCN and Rainbow Road GCN.

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
I still cherry picking for DLC.
The games like ACNH, The Sims 4 PS4, Portal Knights, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are worthy enough for DLC as I like those games.
But I still like physical release than digital download as I have very few digital games on my consoles. I have to get Yokai Watch 3 USA digital version in August 2022 as I have last chance to add fund for 3DS eshop before 29 August 2022, considering Yokai Watch 3 English version in physical was nowhere to be founded (insane price on Ebay too).
I don't like to have more digital games but I have no choice for certain games I really want to play them.

Anti-Matter

Eel

I’m watching the 101 Dalmatians again, for like the 101th time, and I’m always amused by the fact that Roger got rich with what is essentially a diss track, and that it was apparently released to the public before they even found out Cruella was behind it all.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Ouch, that's too bad. If only they started you out on Luigi Circuit! I've played most of the Mario Kart games myself, the only ones I never played were the Arcade GP sequels and Mario Kart Live. I did play a bit of Mario Kart Tour, but I didn't like the touch controls and my phone couldn't really handle running it anyway.

@Grumblevolcano Yeah more tracks from MKDD and MKW would be great! I generally want to see any of my favorite courses come to the BCP in general.

@ChameleonBros Ohhhh, that's a great point you brought up. They're both themed after Toad, after all! Those four Double Dash courses you brought up would fit in nicely with the BCP - DD has my favorite Bowser's Castle course.

@Eel It's been years since I've seen 101 Dalmatians, but I loved watching it when I was very young. I still have the old VHS somewhere!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

@MarioLover92 along with Jurassic Park and Brave, it’s part of the very select group of random movies I download to every one of my Apple devices. It’s like, my offline digital movie starter pack.

I managed to get the digital version when they had them on sale before they ultimately removed all the Disney movies from iTunes. But I do also have it on vhs and dvd.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I wonder if Disney is still willing to make video games for modern consoles like other cartoon franchises from Cartoon Network, Dreamworks and Nickelodeon (most of the games published by OG Games).

Anti-Matter

Mioaionios

@Anti-Matter @Eel
I for one am happy Disney is no longer making tie-in video games.
They were usually pretty bad because they were rushed to be released alongside the movies they were based on.

Mioaionios

Sunsy

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah! Not surprised you enjoy it considering you're an Amy Rose fan.

Yeah, now I'm reminded, I have a classic Amy mod for Sonic Adventure, that completely replaces Amy's model with her classic look.

@Eel I'm never going to look at Cruella's song the same way ever again.

@Tremblucay Love the avatar BTW, Luca is one of my favorite movies.

Sorry, I disagree. Firstly, I do enjoy cartoon tie-in games, played both the new My Little Pony game and Smurfs Mission Vileaf, honestly loved them both. Also, I remember Disney having some rather good games. Cars was basically Need for Speed, complete with an open world. Chicken Little, I ended up liking it more than the movie. I don't hate the movie at all, but the game was just a really fun platformer.

On a related note I do miss cartoon tie-ins on console and PC, still feel bummed out Trolls Pop was mobile only and I can never play it again. OG seems to have the DreamWorks license given the upcoming Dragons game and that Spirit game, but it's two years too late for Trolls. Unless Trolls 3 by chance gets a game, sequel next year.

Still impressed at how polished Smurfs Mission Vileaf was, that was a good platformer that captured the Smurfs universe perfectly IMO.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Mioaionios

Sunsy wrote:

@Tremblucay Love the avatar BTW, Luca is one of my favorite movies.

Thank you, kind person. 🤗
For the longest time E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial was my all-time favorite movie, but last year Luca took that spot. I can't stop watching it. It's so charming and such a lovely heartwarming story.

Edited on by Mioaionios

Mioaionios

Snatcher

@Sunsy I have no problem with her current outfit or anything, but I have always preferred the original, it was much more colorful, and she had a lighter pink.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Zuljaras

@korosanbo No matter how many times or how accurate you are in your explanation he will never change his behavior towards other people tastes and opinions.

As you can see he is getting lonelier each passing day because of that.

Yes it is true that he must work harder on his behavior because of his condition but it is not impossible. The only fact is that there is zero willingness to do it on his end.

Sunsy

@Tremblucay You're welcome! I remember seeing the movie last year at my friend's house. We had to do an errand, when we got home, had some popcorn and watched the movie. My mother's side of the family is Italian, so I had fun with it being set in Italy. It was a beautiful friendship story too.

@Anti-Matter I didn't find Chicken Little all that difficult. I did find it easier than Tak and the Power of Juju as I rented that back then. Same developer, Avalanche Studios. I think the hardest might have been the car mission IIRC, it's been years since I've played it. My favorite level was the spaceship level where you played as Abby Mallard. Being able to flap her wings made her my favorite to play as.

Cool, honestly, I think the My Little Pony game might be the only OG game I play. Usually with cartoon tie-ins I usually play based on characters, shows, and movies I like. I might consider trying the Spirit game if the price drops, mostly because I side with the unpopular "I like Spirit Untamed" opinion. Honestly, I'm just wishing for a Trolls game at this point. Having a mobile game that got discontinued is a disservice to fans, especially when they loved playing Trolls Pop.

Anti-Matter wrote:

Have you ever think about some of not good Nintendo's decision during this year?

Not really, mostly because there's lots of games to play. If there's not much new that interests me, I can play an older game I may have missed out on or forgot about. I don't limit myself to upcoming games. Some Christmas seasons, I've gotten old games than the newest current one, and I'm pretty happy with that as it's a game I wanted to play.

@Snatcher Cool, I like both her styles. A few Christmases ago, I actually got an Amy shirt as a gift and she was in her classic style too. Was a grey shirt that said 25th Anniversary on it. Fun shirt to wear.

@korosanbo I have to agree with this. There's games I don't like and I really don't go to people telling them how I feel about it. I use to have people do that to me at an old gaming forum, people use to rub in my face how a game I like is bad, and I didn't want to hear it because I like said game.

Amusing part is, most of those people went by what reviews said and never actually played said game.

If I don't like something and someone asks, I'll just say "it's not for me" instead of getting forceful with viewpoints. If I like something, I'll explain why. Not everything has to be a multi-paragraph in-depth review. Sometimes it could be a simple reason.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Fizza

I can't stop getting leak report videos for Pokemon Scarlet/Violet on completely unrelated search terms and it's really bothering me (one of them came under me looking for The Great Ace Attorney Adventures OST, help me).

Trying to avoid them is like trying to avoid the sun: only really possible if you're an extreme recluse.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza try hitting "Don't Recommend This Channel" (or whatever it's called) do that a few times and it might stop the problem. worked for me (btw I think the leaks are fake, for now)

dysgraphia awareness human

MarioVillager92

@Eel That's cool. I know that Disney+ has a feature like that, where you'd download a movie right to your device. I've done that before and it's honestly really cool that they let you do that. It especially comes in handy when you're on a plane trip or something.

@Sunsy Nice - I do like Amy's old look quite a bit, as well. I've always liked the older character designs of all the Sonic characters, back in the Genesis era. Same with Mario and his pals when the SNES was around! It's part of the reason why I love the modern 2D renders of all the Mario characters as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

I feel so bad for PC players who bought Sonic Origins and cannot play because Steam's Summer Sale launched the same time and Steam is now down, lol.

@korosanbo Indeed!

@MarioLover92 Yeah, as I mentioned to @Snatcher, I got a 25th Anniversary shirt for Amy a few years back that sported her classic look too. I like both classic and modern styles for Sonic characters. Yeah, I remember, classic Mario artwork was different than the 3D renders they used when N64 started to appear.

Anti-Matter

@korosanbo
Speaking about very easy game, I have ever played Pocoyo Party on Nintendo Switch last year and it was too easy to play since the game was designed for toddlers 3 years old so there was almost no challenges at all. I finished Pocoyo Party in 2 hours, literally very short game as the plot was getting back all the stolen invitation from angry cute alien because he was thinking Pocoyo didn't make the invitation for him. It was about misunderstanding.

I played PAW Patrol game too on PS4 (Mighty Pups) and I felt PAW Patrol games was too easy for me but that's the reason I like that game. I will pick All PAW Patrol games on PS4 (On a Roll, Adventure City Call) and PS5 (Grand Prix).

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Speaking of Paw Patrol, I had Paw Patrol Mac & Cheese for lunch. I originally ordered Frozen shapes, but the store was sold out and substituted Paw Patrol instead, lol. Still the same stuff, so no complaints, just paw shaped pasta.

Even as an adult, I still like character shaped Mac & Cheese occasionally. I still feel the homemade kind I made a few times is the best.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic