Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,001 to 61,020 of 61,951

Snatcher

@tekoii There are the taiko ones, and there is one I have been meaning to get, there is a demo on the switch as well, its called groove costar, if JP songs aren't your thing tho, probably not for you, all I know is I don't know how I have not heard of it, its soo much fun!

I'm doing great, I got granblue versus yesterday, and going to try and learn it, been also been trying to get over my online anxiety. (Did I also mention I played multiversus? the closed alpha was great!)

So is short, I'm doing great, you?

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
PS2 is perfect machine for Rhythm games.
You can get a lot of BEMANI games by Konami such as DDR, Para Para Paradise, Guitar Freaks & DrumMania, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Keyboardmania on PS2 Japan version. And added the USA version of DDR (9 games) and Beatmania (1 game) on PS2.

PS2 also have DDR like games from other developer like Athens 2004 (it has DDR like gameplay from Rhythmic gymnast sport), Happy Feet 1, Flow Urban, etc. But DDR is still the best of all.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

tekoii

@Snatcher Ahh right, I wasn't even thinking of the Taiko ones for whatever reason. And hey Groove Costar sounds like a cool name. Ah I'm cool with JP songs! I'll check it out at some point! Have you gotten farther in Spelunky?? Oh nice what kind of game is granblue? Yea man, at your own pace have fun, it's fine playing online I'd say, just try to avoid toxics lol. What!? That's awesome, I'm looking forward to playing that game when it releases even on beta. I'm good as well, finally done with school, so in this break I hope I can boost my channel and do a few other things Thanks for asking, and it's cool you're doing great as well!

@Anti-Matter Ahh I love the PS2 but I don't have one :/ And it's hard to get an old console like that! But damn that's a lot of rhythm games on there, some I haven't heard of even. Do you have good recommends on the Switch?

@Sunsy @MarioLover92 It was great playing with you guys, dang not my best races but hey fun nonetheless. Thanks for playing

Edited on by tekoii

🗻 Arceus ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

WoomyNNYes

@Kermit1 You finally got the right cable to transfer switch screenshots to your pc? The USB to USB C cable that comes with the switch works. Why wouldn't that work?

Although, to do that, you have to open Switch Settings, Data Management, then pick share screenshots & videos.

Anyway, congratulations on getting screenshots to your pc!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker

cordova94

@Tasuki which state are you in? And honestly, is there anything better than a state fair? Up where I am, I live for county fair season......so much locally made treasures! So little time! So much driving!

Currently Playing: Super Mario Sunshine (3D All-Stars), Octopath Traveler, Animal Crossing New Horizons
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

cordova94

@MarioLover92 thank you! I agree, it is a really fun game. One of my faves on Switch (I know it's a port but I never had a WiiU so it's new to me)......I even hunted down the Amiibo for it because Toad is one of my all-time fave characters.

And don't worry about gushing, I did the exact same thing to @Silly_G

Currently Playing: Super Mario Sunshine (3D All-Stars), Octopath Traveler, Animal Crossing New Horizons
Friend Code: SW-5717-7937-5089

Snatcher

@tekoii Yeah it’s a really good rhythm game in my opinion and I just played the demo, the full game has a lot of songs, the one downside I would say might be all of its dlc.

Granblue fantasy versus is a fighting game by arc system works, a fighting game version of a really popular gatcha game in Japan.

So I have been playing it since yesterday, it’s a very simple fighter, really beginner friendly, only downside is the game is sorta dead ish.

Multiverses, man it’s a amazing game, you have to play it when the beta comes out, the move sets are so true to the characters, biggest example I can give is that Tom and Jerry fight each other, not other fighter lol.

And I know the games main selling point is 2V2 but it’s also really fun in 1V1’s.

Happy to hear your doing great as well.

Spelunky, I actually haven’t touch the game in a wile, I have been playing a lot of stuff recently, elden ring and sifu being two of them.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Kermit1

@WoomyNNYes I did not know that... well long story short I got a USB (whatever ipad is, i don't own one btw) to USB C completely forgetting what my PC's USB ports were, only the USB C part on the cord worked, because I have a USB C port on my PC. So then I went and got a USB A? to USB C and it worked.

long story even shorter, I bought the wrong thing, then I got the right thing.

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Well....
Even I have difficulty to find Rhythm games on Switch I like to play as my mindset have been set with very high Standard of Rhythm games from BEMANI games so to see another Rhythm games on other machines, when I found the majority songs are not clicked on me, I will ignore those games. Just Dance is pure trash for me, never like the set of mainstream Western songs and I don't even like with the gameplay. I just SMH 😤 to see peoples liking Just Dance over than BEMANI games.
Guess they have very bad gaming taste and very poor gaming skills.

Taiko no Tatsujin for me was weaker than BEMANI games in my opinion as their games always have too minimalist U/I, don't really like some of Japanese songs from J-Pop or Anime or Parade category.

I think PS2 Japan is quite cheap to find from Ebay, but some of BEMANI games on PS2 are not cheap, especially like DDR X Japan, Beatmania IIDX 16 EMPRESS, DrumMania Masterpiece Gold, etc. Yeah... They are pricey but they have better quality that you have never knew yet. Btw, you can always play Stepmania on PC for All in One DDR games.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

MarioLover92

@Sunsy I got a digital eShop card earlier from Amazon, and it was $5 off so I got a bit of free credit. Kind of figuring out what I should get next, to be honest! That's cool you got some stuff on sale. For me though, none of the Switch eShop games on my wish list are on sale right now.

That's cool you got to watch that My Little Pony special. I'm pretty much the same way, I enjoy animated movies and anything light-hearted a lot more as well! Most of the serious shows/movies, not so much.

Cool - I've heard of the Karate Kid movies, but haven't watched them. I remember that the AVGN did a review of the NES game, that's kinda it though. My dad kinda got me into watching Flight of the Conchords, which is another live-action show. It's a musical comedy about two guys from New Zealand who have their own band - they moved to the US, but they only got one fan over there!

@tekoii (and Sunsy) It was good playing MK8D with you both - a lot of those races were really rough! My friend who got 1st a lot told me about soft drifting, which is an advanced technique. I tried practicing it in time trials, but it didn't totally click with me. I at least get blue sparks a lot quicker in some turns that way, but I still feel like I have to rock the control stick left and right so I would remain in control of my kart.

@Tyranexx Yeah, it's certainly not Metal Gear Solid, that's for sure, lol. Can't blame you, it does net you those all-important experience points alongside exploring the worlds the game has.

Oh no, really sorry to hear! That must have been really stressful to deal with. Yeah, stinging insects are pretty common over here too, particularly in spring and summer. There's that one house next to a private beach that we've had our vacations in, which is where jellyfish like to stick around in summertime. It's why I mentioned jellyfish to begin with. Absolutely, I've gotten pretty good with not bothering bees and wasps over the years, so I haven't gotten stung for a long time. I've had a few run-in with wasps as well, and they are ruthless for sure. I got stung by one as a kid in the woods when I unknowingly pestered them.

@TheJGG I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking. Been playing with some pretty aggressive Mario Kart players and my NL pals tekoii and Sunsy, that's kinda it. lol

@cordova94 Yeah you're welcome! It's definitely a fun and charming adventure that I would totally recommend to anyone. I have it for both the Wii U and Switch - I got the Switch version on sale, and it was bundled with the DLC. I have been enjoying my second playthrough on Switch, though I haven't got to the DLC yet. I really should! I have the Toad amiibo as well, though I really wish they made a Toadette amiibo to go along with it!

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Yo, guys!
I have purchased XBOX 360 Slim this afternoon. 😃

Untitled

My XBOX 360 machine is White color, Slim model, with Black Kinect sensor since finding White Kinect sensor was pretty hard, but my XBOX 360 machine has been installed with RGH on it.... just to bypass Region Lock since finding pure 100% Original XBOX 360 USA machine in my country was (nearly) impossible so I have no choice but pick the RGH version.
Sorry... 😣
But all my XBOX 360 games are original copies 😀

Playing Kinect games for the first time was kinda awkward, especially Disneyland Adventures that I could make my kid character walk by lean my body to the specific direction. And I did some movement while sitting down on sofa.
Also, some Kinect games recorded my awful looking when playing in front of Kinect sensor. 😆
I have enough space in my living room to play Kinect games and I will continue to play other Kinect games this evening after dinner time.

Bad news, my two XBOX 360 games I have (DDR UNIVERSE 3 and Kinect Joy Ride) was dead / didn't detected on my XBOX 360. 😫
I have to rebuy again from my local online shopping website as I found there are seller who still have those games for my replacement. 😥

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

reporterdavid

@Anti-Matter Allright! For me that is one of the favorite Xbox's out there. Have fun, also with the Kinect!

all your games are original copies, cool! you know, even though there is youtube I still buy iTunes songs sometimes (also becouse i still had a few in the past). nothing wrong with buying. Kinect is fun. Kinda like the answer on the Wii.

Untitled

Also; for those who don't have the demo of Mario Strikers yet, try it. It allows you to train with all the separate moves so that you can see if you like it (even with some teammates). I tried it, and was hyped at first (and its not a bad game, really not.) but for me, maby becouse of of tiredness, i layed it down a few times. Please try. Personally I dont want to pay 60,- euros for it. not becouse its bad, but just becouse it doesnt got me that much. but everyone is different. And its kinda nicely done in a way. I tried Dragon Quest builders 2 (the demo) and loved it, thanks to Anti Matter btw, who game me that hint.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027
Ukraine - Super Mario Maker 2 level (just short. 8NR-GD2-NVF)

MarioLover92

@reporterdavid I got to play the Mario Strikers demo yesterday. It seems to be a good game for sure! However...seems like I'm not very good at it. There's a surprising amount of gameplay mechanics I gotta deal with - one thing that I struggle with is the timing of Hyper Strikes. I might get it once I get better at it and I can find it on sale.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

reporterdavid

@MarioLover92 yeah. its a lot. at this moment it looks really great (with the graphics, wow, almost like a new invented Mario game) but have to look at the joy in gaming itself.

This weekend are the Star Wars celebration days. For those who love it.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027
Ukraine - Super Mario Maker 2 level (just short. 8NR-GD2-NVF)

TheJGG

@Sunsy Believe me, the difference between home and cinema is like a new dimension. I saw Dune when it came out, and it was crazy in cinema, and while seeing it on a TV was good the immersion was not even close. It does matter, so here's hoping every, or most, movies default to cinemas from the get-go.

Plus, for a movie like Trolls having decent sound would certainly help. It sounds arbitrary since I'm not a fan but in Trolls one thing that stood out to me was the texture. The scrapbook parts, and the Trolls in general had a felt-like quality. That kind of detail would be great to see in a cinema.

@MarioLover92 Aggressive you say? I'd best stay away from that lot if I wish to keep my sanity!

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Kermit1

Well I was walking down memory lane and remembered this (skip to 8:16 for the Nintendo part)

Popular Mechanics for kids (TV show)

#N64isbest

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Sunsy

Got a bunch of responses to reply to.

@tekoii Hope you can figure out what's wrong with it. Yeah, game came today, I'm enjoying it. I'm a bit impressed since the characters look almost as good as the actual movie the game is based off of. Indeed, I had fun playing it for a bit yesterday. Sometimes smaller games can be fun.

It was fun racing you and @MarioLover92 last night.

@reporterdavid Yup, that sounds like a character sports game to me. Sega Superstars Tennis has superstar moves you can do while playing.

@MarioLover92 I saw that offer, it surprised me. Speaking of, mom treated me to an eShop card today so I can grab Earthbound on 3DS later today. Will admit, I'm finding it amusing I'm finding stuff on the eShop I didn't know existed until recently when browsing them, lol.

Yeah, I loved it, and like the game based on it so far. That's always been the kind of stuff I like. Wondering, ever watched Trolls? The 2016 movie by DreamWorks. If you like lighthearted and animated movies, I think you might like it.

Ok, the Karate Kid series is pretty good. Never heard of Flight of the Conchords.

Yes, it was very fun playing Mario Kart with you and @tekoii again!

@TheJGG That is one of the reasons why I would love to see Trolls 3 on the big screen, I just loved all the little details when I watched the original after upgrading to Blu-Ray. It amazed me that the torch Poppy held in one scene when escaping the Bergens, the flame was troll hair. Nice little detail. In the sequel, the canyons for the country trolls were folded up quilts. I'd like to see little details like that on the big screen.

I grew up doing all sorts of arts and crafts, because of that, I really appreciate the creativity they put into the Trolls universe, and love the details, like the felt you described (which I used a lot of as a kid to make things).

@Anti-Matter My copy of My Little Pony A Maretime Bay Adventure came in. To answer your question, the main game so far is played by Sunny, the orange pony. However the first character I unlocked was Hitch, the stallion, and he is playable in mini-game mode. You have to unlock the characters and mini-games by playing the actual game. Sorry if it disappoints.

As a game itself, I like it. Pretty much a collect-a-thon game, easy to play, and if you don't know where to go, a butterfly will pop up and give you a hint. The game is colorful and feels like the movie A New Generation. Also, there's a simple dance game. Keep in mind, not DDR levels of depth, but still a nice mini-game IMO.

Hope this answers your question from the comments the other day. Yeah, the two stallions need to be unlocked, and are only playable in the mini-game mode.

Sunsy

tekoii

@Snatcher Nice, I'll try to check it out, been looking for some rhythm action on the Switch. Bah DLC, but something to note!
Ahh I see, wow, looks great. I love the art style, and it's Arc Systems you can't go wrong! I see, there's just so many games.
I am SUPER hyped for Multi, it's like Smash!!! Ahh that's good that the actual "character" is there along with the character. Tom and Jerry HYPE!
Thanks and likewise with you
I see, Elden Ring does look pretty epic! But do come back to Spelunks, it's awesome, especially as you get toward beating it actually!

@Anti-Matter Hmm. Geez. Ehh Just Dance is kinda fun though doing the dance moves and all >U<, but I do hear you on the music, it needs variety.
The Taiko games look interesting, I just don't know how good they are, prolly need to watch a few reviews to get some idea.
I think for me it's more of a problem of old hardware being hard to go back to, but for sure, there are serious classics in the older eras. Right right, I do wanna play some Stepmania more, but idk I want some Switch stuffs too.

@MarioLover92 Yea! Always good to get some races in with you guys. Oh yea for sure, those races and racers were mean! Ahh okay so there is a technique of some kind. Seems pretty interesting to implement into your play. All good man, it takes some practice I'm sure, you'll get it in time!

@Sunsy Yea, hopefully it's nothing too crazy. Nice nice, enjoy your time with it Also, great playing with you and @MarioLover92 as always. Thanks for taking time to make it! On another note, I definitely gotta get me back to some Sonic Adventure. Just gotta draw me a sweet thumbnail! xD

Edited on by tekoii

🗻 Arceus ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
I was surprised to see how did you answered from my choice between Kinect games and PS3 Move games from This or That thread as for me as gamer who want to try something new after being so against with PS3 & PS4 long time ago. I personally have more natural interest with Kinect even since from 10 years ago, when my Mom didn't allow me to buy XBOX 360 at that time due to my situation at that time still have no proper job to get money (I was working as private teacher during year 2011 - 2014, with low income). After waiting for 10 years, I finally able to buy XBOX 360 machine with Kinect sensor this year, despite I have very mixed feeling to bring a modded XBOX 360 with RGH on it since I have used to play with non modded machines for 9 years since year 2013.

After I tried some Kinect games at home, I personally thought Kinect was pretty good gimmick controller to play but the only my minor complain was the motion capturing process that I found it made my character (the avatar of XBOX 360) when I moved my legs on certain direction, it registered as awkward pose like marionette on the screen. The games I tried like Kinect Sports 1 & 2 and Kinect Adventures were pretty fun enough, felt slightly better than Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort in certain terms. Dance Masters on XBOX 360 was quite fun to play as it felt as better version of "Just Dance" since the game made by Konami, same company who made DDR and other BEMANI games so almost every songs I like since almost all of them from DDR games with only two licensed songs were from Para Para Paradise (Night of Fire and Yesterday) and it was from other BEMANI games also.

I personally really open with kind of these games from other company like XBOX as I have embraced three of them (Nintendo, PlayStation, XBOX), well with only exception XBOX ONE and Series as I felt Microsoft really dropped the ball with those machines and I have no interest to buy those machines since I didn't find any worthy games from those machines as their games library on XBOX ONE and Series were copy paste of PS4 & PS5 by 99% so I definitely pick PS4 & PS5 games for 3rd party games in heartbeat. From Sony machine, the exception was only PS VITA as they have really terrible games library in my opinion as there were tons of games I really hate or have no interest at all (rated M games, hentai visual novel games, mainstream sport games like soccer / basketball / USA football, Western superheroes games, LEGO games with unappealing Western franchises, etc) like almost no decent cartoonish games I could consider like 3DS and NDS games, even PSP games library was still way much better than PS VITA in my opinion.

And about PS3 Moves, even I have PS3 machine but I still haven't buy Move controller as I only have very few PS3 games with requiring Move to play (so far in my list only 4 to 6 games) and to see I only can consider very few of acceptable PS3 Move games, I wasn't in hurry to play them as I keep my eyes on them by maintenance checking (inserting my PS3 games onto PS3 machine just to make sure my PS3 games are still working).

Even I like my Nintendo games, but I also like other games from PlayStation and XBOX + XBOX 360 games as I like to try different games to enrich my gaming experiences and not just stuck by one or two franchises. I have more interest with 3rd party games than Nintendo 1st party games despite I like both of them, as I felt 3rd party games usually have more new gaming experiences and since I was raised by PlayStation machines during my teenhood and college age by PS1 & PS2 games, I still have my PlayStation gamer side.

Btw, if you have a chance, maybe you can try games from PS3 again and from XBOX 360 as even I am a huge fan DDR and you are a huge fan of Mario games, but i'm not just stick on DDR games only (I will be bored to play same games all the time). I know it was really hard to like something never before played, like still have some biased feeling but I dropped my ego for other games that I think I can like them even just only by a little, just for finding alternative entertainments. I have tendency like this in gaming as I realized myself as very different people in term of liking certain things, I personally didn't follow a lot of mainstream things like Smash Bros games, Zelda games, FIFA games, Minecraft, Fortnite, etc as I didn't find those things are interesting for me so I choose to entertain myself from very different choices in gaming and other things.

So, what do you think?
Will you reconsider to get into some PS3 games or other games that you have ever experienced in the past ?
Oh, btw. Do you have some interest with some 3rd party games on modern consoles like Youtubers Life 2, Cat Quest I & II ?
Currently I have ordered these games on Switch version as I personally want them on PS4 version but I could get the Switch version in my country and I really want to play them immediately so I picked them on Switch version first and if I have a right time, I will double dip them on PS4 version from play-asia or Ebay.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic