Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,981 to 61,000 of 61,854

Fizza

@KateGray This is my happy place.
Untitled
With how many I've been getting, a genuine side goal of mine in PLA is to try and get an Alpha shiny Swinub at some point. I somehow managed to find an Alpha shiny Piloswine so maybe it isn't too outlandish of an idea (especially with the rate I've been finding them at).

Speaking of shinies and round individuals however, I managed to find 2 shiny Sentrets there about an hour ago in Brilliant Diamond!
Untitled
I've always liked Sentret as a Pokemon (even if he was robbed going into 3D seriously why doesn't he BOUNCE) and it's shiny is great as well. I evolved one of them into Furret and you probably know where this is going. CUE THE MUSIC!

Currently Playing: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Sunsy

Seeing Rival Turf appear on Switch Online amuses me, yet makes me happy. Grabbed it on Wii U a few weeks back, and this makes me happy because now I can co-op it with my friend.

@Tyranexx I see. For me, it's sometimes hands. I remember wanting to draw Poppy from Trolls holding a tray of cupcakes, but could never get the thumbs looking right, and ultimately just decided to draw her holding a cupcake in each hand. I tend to draw more like cartoons than realistic stuff. Really not good at realistic looking styles.

@TheJGG Doing well myself. Haven't been up to too much. Enjoy the movie. I haven't seen the new Top Gun, this past week I did watch Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time, as well as the live action Lady and the Tramp, and Trolls again. Thing is, I'm not into Marvel or superheroes, but I liked Guardians of the Galaxy.

Sunsy

Fizza

@Sunsy I'm intrigued by it for sure since I played The Peace Keepers a while back during my beat-em-up phase following playing Streets of Rage 2 for the first time and overall enjoyed it quite a bit. If there's one thing I don't like about it though on a surface level is the box art. Like, what the hell is this?!
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently Playing: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
The Great Ace Attorney: Resolve
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

reporterdavid

Not the biggest Mario fan, not the biggest football fan. But the combo on Switch... wow.

@Fizza who are those on the cover? thought it was a movie.

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027
Ukraine - Super Mario Maker 2 level (just short. 8NR-GD2-NVF)

Sunsy

@Fizza Hope you enjoy it when you play it. I also really like the South of the Border's level music, really a good 16-bit tune. Ah, the old days of when weird-looking box art and alternative art styles were a thing. Old box arts like that can be a weird and interesting thing to look at. Just look at Mega Man 1's NES box.

@reporterdavid Yeah, that's the thing with character sports stuff for me. I'm not into sports, yet I love playing stuff like Sega Superstars Tennis.

Sunsy

Anti-Matter

@reporterdavid
I would rather pick Kao the Kangaroo than Mario Striker.
I never like soccer, zero interest with that sport but I really have strong interest with Boxing & Kickboxing so Kao the Kangaroo was my instant must buy game. 🥰
I will print A3 poster of Kao the Kangaroo in my bedroom since I can design by myself.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Link-Hero

@Fizza
Yeah, the 90s were a time when everything foreign had to be westernized and nothing was allowed to be cute. The games needed to be hip, cool, and edgy. Also cheap and lazy to go along with it, but no one wants to talk about that.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

TheJGG

@Sunsy Guardians struck me as a 80s inspired sci-fi flick, same with Guardians 2, naturally because of the setting, and the mixtapes, and the music choice. It’s definitely one of the more unique MCU entries being set in space and all. With some squinting you could probably tell who the director is. The MCU’s very tone/visually consistent, and really washes away any director influences.

Maybe that’s what Scorsese meant when he said the MCU’s not real cinema. Would you say you agree with that?

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Tasuki

Went to my first major gathering yesterday since the pandemic started. The County Fair. Keep in mind that my state only loosen COVID restrictions a few months ago, masks are no longer maditiory nor are proof of vaccination. Still you can tell that this event was recently put together just to have something since the restrictions were lifted. Alot of my favorite food vendors went there and there weren't too many exhibits and such. Still it was a nice time and nice to see things get pack to pre pandemic levels.

I will.say though that more then likely due to the recent mass shootings we have had in the past week there was alot of police and security present but not to may people, although to be fair (no pun intended) this was the first day of the fair and it was overcast and during a weekday so that may have had something to do with it.

But as I said the food was great and seeing the animal exhibits was great too. Can't wait for the State Fair in a few months.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sunsy

@TheJGG Don't know if I can agree with that or not, mostly because I just tend to watch and enjoy movies. Sorry if I disappoint by not having an answer. That is why I liked Guardians, it felt like the kind of sci-fi space movie I would watch. Though I haven't seen many Marvel movies because I'm not into superhero stuff. Though I do remember watching the Spider-Man trilogy, and I did enjoy them.

Sunsy

TheJGG

@Sunsy No need to be sorry at all, that’s an equally good way to watch films, simply for the enjoyment they give. That’s what movies are meant to do after all.

You could really make an argument for both; but at the end of the day it comes down to how we define film today. Digital streaming’s really muddled the picture (intended) but now it feels like the majority of films are made for a cinema, instead of all of them.

Xenoblade Novel

Currently playing?
Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
Nintendo Switch Sports
Animal Crossing: NH (NS)
Breath of the Wild (NS)
LEGO Star Wars (NS)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Kermit1

YAY FINALLY I GOT THE RIGHT CABLE TO PUT SCREENSHOTS ON TO MY PC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Untitled

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

tekoii

@Sunsy Alright, always great playing with you Oh that's actually pretty hype, especially with that cross-music-ing from Switch and PC.

@Tyranexx Yea, you're in for a treat. Vesperia is pretty light hearted at times with plenty of jokes and meme-able moments lol. Sheesh. Just so many games to play lol. I also wanna play the Megaman Zero games. I just got Bioshock the Collection for free on EPIC, so that too ><! I do feel like though that, the XC series is getting that big push and highlight right now, here's and cheers to hoping!

Also, later at 7pm EDT we'll be playing some MK8D if you wanna join just lmk!

Edited on by tekoii

🗻 Arceus ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Sunsy

@TheJGG I can agree with that, especially since a lot of movies are pretty much made in HD. Streaming often has to rely on Internet connections, which sometimes results in a not so great picture. I remember watching Smurfs: The Lost Village years ago when Netflix had it, and it somehow looked worse than the DVD copy I have. Don't think it was my Internet, since the Internet I have is pretty good.

Will admit, I am really hoping to see Trolls 3 on the big screen. Not only because Trolls World Tour got its theatrical release cancelled in favor for streaming, but after watching the first on Blu-Ray (saw it originally on DVD, got the Blu-Ray after getting a Blu-Ray player), I loved all the little details the movie had. I can only imagine how it looks on the big screen.

Funnily enough, I did buy Guardians of the Galaxy pinball on Wii U. I'm finding it amusing that I'm still finding stuff on the Wii U eShop I never knew existed on the system, right before the store closes for good.

@tekoii Thankfully, I don't have to cook much today, having some leftovers. So I should be able to make it. Indeed, I'm glad I got the battle pass for Paladins because of it, I'm always using cross-progression in that game.

For now, just waiting on the new My Little Pony game to come in the mail. Really looking forward to playing it because I like the new series. While I'm waiting, I grabbed a little racing game called Racing Karts. Fun little racing game. It's no Mario Kart, but fun for a few quick races.

Sunsy

tekoii

@Sunsy Oh that's always good, can't have any waste on food! Awesome..You know, just join us as usual! You know when it comes to Paladins, for some odd reason it launches SOOO slow on my Steam for whatever reason. I gotta figure out what's wrong with it, it's the only thing that prevents me from playing more of it. Nice, least you got something to look forward to coming soon! Yea, looks like a bite-sized game, good price, and good to mess around with for a bit! For one thing, idk, made me think of how I want more rhythm games on my Switch quite randomly lol >U<.

🗻 Arceus ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

reporterdavid

@Anti-Matter KAO , also a fun game! Like Crash Bandicoot @Sunsy Mario Strikers is like Mario Kart on the field to me (with all these items).

Edited on by reporterdavid

Blessed. Voiceactor: Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (2019) - Friendcode: SW-3266-3881-2027
Ukraine - Super Mario Maker 2 level (just short. 8NR-GD2-NVF)

Snatcher

@tekoii I would kill for more rhythm games on the switch. (Sorry for budding in btw)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Kermit1

It seems me and my family will not be going to the "Vincent Experience". Because turns out all the hotels are fully booked.

welp summer is starting...😐

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic