Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,701 to 60,720 of 96,298

Fizza

@Anti-Matter Congrats man! I think the most time I personally put into the Yo Kai Watch games myself was about 120 hours into Bony Spirits (really, REALLY good btw, even if I lament the fact I never got around to playing Psychic Spectres).

Also, seeing your current party reminded me of just how damn good the Yo Kai designs were in each entry. One of my personal favourites from playing Bony Spirits was definitely Slicenrice and Flamurice, I was used them on my team when I played through it for the first time and they were just so cool.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

@Anti-Matter Sorry, just fixed that. The wiki's being a bit of a pain right now.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Yokai watch are great games, it would just be nice if they ported them over too the us, but they never do, which sucks because blasters was amazing spin off series to boot, and despite yokai watch getting compared to Pokémon a lot, it was a nice change of pace, and this comes from someone who didn’t even play the 3ds game.

Just watching it, from the characters, who some are based off of real yokai, the anime was also a treat in my opinion.

Just wish they would bring them over to us.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
My favorite Yokai from each series:
YW1 = Reuknight
Untitled

YW2 = Sergeant Burly
Untitled

YW3 = Slugger 😍
Untitled

Oh, I have Bony Spirits too. I think I still have to find more Yokai in Bony Spirits as I have to put either Casanuva or Smoohpie in my team to get higher chance befriending other Yokai after battle. Currently I put Frostail in my team, still working on getting Sergeant Burly in Bony Spirits. The Wicked Yokai looked creepy somehow as they cannot be equipped by accessories but I can get them easily from Yokai Watch 3 after finishing their quest.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
If you have a chance to get 3DS machine before the eshop get closed, better you pick Yokai Watch 3 as the game has the most Yokai from YW1 and YW2 as well. I like the Merican Yokai design more than the Japanese Yokai design.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter That depends, do you need the shoulder buttons to play the game? If so I would need to get a new 3ds but the Eshop is closing so no point in doing that Lmao.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
So, I want to ask again about Sonic Racing Transformed. Sorry.
Can I avoid the specific tracks if I want to finish the storyline?
Is there any other way to unlock the tracks ?
Like do I really have to play on the places I really hate?
It will give me really serious anxiety and anger.
Here is the video of every tracks on Sonic Racing Transformed.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@reporterdavid Mornin' - that's cool! I got the wedding bells a while back, too.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

Well... it happened! One of my covers got demonetised (I don't even monetise them anyway)!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Grumblevolcano

@Anti-Matter There's some tracks you can't avoid because there's only 1 path on the world map. You can also unlock tracks by playing Grand Prix mode but both outcomes involve having to play Graveyard Gig (I don't know whether there's other tracks you hate but earlier in this thread made it obvious you hate that one).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Cool, didn't know they did similar books for video games. I knew they did some for animated works. Don't know if I ever seen a Disney one. I also got a sample of the now unreleased The Art of Trolls World Tour that came with my Blu-Ray/DVD copy of the movie. Sad they never released it since the book did show some concepts and early art from the movie.

Ooh, I think I might have seen this before, maybe I'll rewatch later. Similar to the animation books, it's nice to see stuff scrapped from game or hidden away. Cut content is always interesting. Yeah, it was kind of cool finding a stray 1-up brick in the spiral tower.

Yeah, also, I wonder if there would be a Sonic re-release on it given Origins is coming out. It would be nice to see if they preserve the original Sonic CD from Sega CD. IIRC, the Gems Collection version is the Windows 95 port. Alrighty, seriously the Game Gear mini is kind of cute though, even if it's an interesting collector's piece. Yeah, I played VMU quite a bit because of the Chao from the Sonic games.

@tekoii Definitely, fanbases can be something at times. BTW, I tried searching on both Switch and PC, and this is the only "tekoii" I can find. I don't think this icon is Maeve.

Untitled

If this is you, I'll send you a request, I'll also remove this image afterwards. Just want confirmation before I send a request.

@Anti-Matter As @Grumblevolcano mentions, you have to play the track in single player career mode, there's no way around it. Assuming the same, it's the Graveyard Gig track.

Alternatively, you can unlock tracks by playing online (I did this on the Steam version), again, the track can still get voted in (online races will let players pick between two randomly chosen tracks), and you may have to race it.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Oh, gosh....
Like do I really have to do that?
I found the game (Sonic Racing Transformed) PS3 version from my local online shopping website and I really have mixed feeling to consider the game.
Basically, I want to consider that game since there are a lot of SEGA characters I still neutral with them but the only things that made me really felt uncomfortable were the two tracks from other SEGA games that you know I will never like them. If I have to drive through those two places, it will really pushing my anxiety and my comfort zone and possibly will trigger my anger. But, if I decided to being stoic for a moment and pretend they don't affect my emotional feelings, I might able to pass through that two tracks but I will never ever want to play on those two tracks anymore after clearing those tracks.

Something similar case when I have LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER after I approved that game by one condition, I will not do the car theft in the game mission as I knew LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER was based on the adult game I really hate most after hearing from some peoples opinion. I remembered I was upset to hear that like how could Nintendo approved that idea for Tt Fusion in making timed exclusive LEGO game on Wii U but after some though deliberation, I ultimately approved LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER with one condition I have mentioned above.

What do you think?
Should I build my confidence and stoic to able pass through those two tracks ?

Btw, have you ever feeling really uncomfortable to play certain games that you want to play but still on the fence due to find really uncomfortable contents inside?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Grumblevolcano
I'm glad that you know my likeness and dislikeness in video games.
I need more deliberation and some discussion with other user who have some experiences with Sonic Racing games.

Anti-Matter

Grumblevolcano

Damn looking back at the track list, it's a painful reminder of games I'll likely never get to play because the only SEGA hardware era SEGA seems to care about is Mega Drive (Mega Drive Mini 2 is further evidence of this). Back when the game first came out I especially wanted to check out Skies of Arcadia but the prices were extremely expensive, I'd imagine prices are even more expensive now.

@Anti-Matter Well in the story mode Graveyard Gig appears 3 times, 1 is compulsory for progress, 1 is a side route where you can unlock a character and 1 is post-credits in such a way you'd only play if you wanted to 100% complete the game. It would help knowing what the other track is given Graveyard Gig is the only track based on a M rated franchise.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Anti-Matter Adder's Lair (the Golden Axe track) appears 4 times in the story mode, 2 are compulsory for progress, 1 is a side route where you can unlock a character and 1 is compulsory to progress in post-credits (the first level after the credits).

Grumblevolcano

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Yup, it's been years since I've done the single player career mode, but @Grumblevolcano is covering the tracks better than I could. Usually with this, as well as any racing game, I just like to pop it in and play some tracks or time trial.

That is understandable, I get it, you usually don't like M-rated games (I'm use to calling it M-rated, I'm from the US).

That is entirely up to you if you can build up the courage to overcome it. Two tracks, but it's not the only thing in the game. Remember, it's rated E10+, which means it's going to be watered down from the M-rated original. Personally, I just see it like a haunted house themed track. Again, it's up to you 100%, if you don't feel comfortable trying, then that's up to you too.

As for me, honestly, I really don't like scary things. Not just with games, but with live action movies. Honestly, my idea of Halloween is just specials and stories involving my favorite characters. Then (again, M-rated game, I know you don't like them, but bare with me with this story) I tried House of the Dead 2 in the arcade, and I liked it enough to get it on Dreamcast. It reminded me of a badly acted horror movie. I enjoyed it and it didn't scare me. If I never tried it, I wouldn't have known I like it or be ok with its content. Sometimes, it's just worth trying something.

Similarly, if I had the mindset of "I'm too mature to enjoy childish things," I don't think I would like stuff like Trolls and My Little Pony. I've seen some who have this mindset, and think to myself "they're missing out on something good." Sometimes, the best thing to do is try and see for yourself if you like or tolerate something.

Also, this is where rental stores could come in handy if they still existed. Rent the game and if you like it and are ok with its content, then buy it.

Apologies if this is a long post, really wanted to get my thoughts down.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Everyone has a limit on what content they find ok, Some don't care, some do.

You mentioned how people compared Lego city to another M rated game I will not name for you, and how I see it, its if that said M rated game, wasn't M rated, and didn't have all said content, if that makes you feel any better about it.

About the tracks in sonic racing, I also think its something your ok with or not, but how I see it, its not as if your playing the game, even tho the stage is from a M rated game, and luckily its a racing game and you will have stages you like or dislike for reasons, so if you really want too, you can just get through the stages really quick and never touch them again, because you wont have too.

Thats what I do with stages I don't like, though I understand its different for you. Even with all I said I think @Sunsy says it best, and you should listen too there advice over mine.

sorry if this whole thing I wrote is hard to understand, I just hope I helped in anyway to your guys convo.

Edited on by Snatcher

Sunsy

Snatcher wrote:

Thats what I do with stages I don't like, though I understand its different for you.

You also bring up a good point, liking something and how people can handle said content will be different for everyone. Me personally, realistic horror stuff makes me uneasy and may give me nightmares (which I do get from time to time, I still will sleep with a plushie, even as an adult), so I don't watch it. When Halloween comes around, I stick to Halloween episodes of cartoons, and more family friendly movies like Hocus Pocus.

Also, I don't even play the single player career mode anymore, I just go to quick race and race tracks I like. Same with Team Sonic Racing, I just play tracks I like without bothering with the story mode.

Edited on by Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic