Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,721 to 60,740 of 96,481

Snatcher

@Sunsy Definitely, I like scary stuff but I can only handle so much before I mess myself up, plus I can’t be thinking about it all the time, I love it, and can handle it as long as I’m careful.

But I notice how other people just ooze is scary stuff, and I love it and admire them for that, there limit is way higher then mine. It’s cool you can still Enjoy Scary stuff in your own way.

I haven’t played sonic team racing in a bit though, I don’t enjoy the story mode and just doing one big race is enough for me.

Dang it sega just remaster remake or make a sequel to sonic racing transformed, come on there was literally no reason to change the formula.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher @Sunsy
Thanks, guys.
I will think carefully about Sonic Racing Transformed. Need some deliberation again and observation from YouTube.
It was one game that made me freak out for the trivial things.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Snatcher Indeed. Yeah, while it's not scary to the point of nightmares scary, I do like some of the character themed Halloween stuff I like. I have a friend who loves horror stuff, cool for him. While I don't, I did show him the My Little Pony episode 28 Pranks Later, he loved it as it was really well written and captured horror tropes.

Also, I do like playing Left 4 Dead. Zombies yes, but it's not as scary for me. I also enjoyed the movie Shaun of the Dead when I saw it a long time ago, it was more comedy than horror for me. Those would be some of the few horror things I do enjoy.

Yeah, I didn't care for story mode in Team Sonic Racing, that drifting around the posts race. I do love how the day one patch unlocked every track for quick race mode, and I play it that way as well as with friends online. Because of that patch, every track was unlocked in quick race mode when I bought the PC version on sale.

@Anti-Matter You're welcome, when in doubt, research it out. Woo! That rhymed!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

Crazy weekend. Responses only for now. More info when it isn't late and I'm (hopefully) somewhat caught up on sleep.

@MarioLover92 The problem with me drawing from memory is everything looks MUCH better in my head. I sometimes struggle with getting a dersilvrifut (if I care enough). It would've been neat to see the jug project results.

On my weekend: thanks! Good day for the most part, with a nuance I'll go into next time I post...

@tekoii X is very hard IMO...until you earn more upgrades. Then it becomes relatively easy until the difficulty spike in the final boss stage. X.X I'd love to see a new Battle Network game, in fact I think there was a fan project for a seventh game. Not sure if that's still in the works though.

@Tasuki Good on you for having a summary if the breaks become long. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of industry do you work in? Hopefully the schedule shift is a temporary one.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Ah OK. I tried looking for a Disney art book on Amazon earlier and I couldn't really find what I wanted. Hopefully, next time I shop and when I look it up again, I'll have better results. A lot of Disney movies have some really nice artwork, painted backgrounds and all that, and the animation looks silky-smooth - really impressive stuff. Ah...just a sample huh? So it's not the full version of that unreleased Trolls book? It is cool that you have that, at least!

Yeah I agree for sure, it's interesting to see all this cut content, so we could see what the game might have been like had certain objects made the final cut.

I think it is gonna be the Sega CD original, the trailer that Sega had showed Sonic CD with the Japanese soundtrack. IIRC, the Windows 95 version had the US soundtrack across all regions. Yeah totally, the Game Gear Micro is indeed pretty cute. They had like 4 games for each variant of it, didn't they? I had something similar, which was the Game Boy Micro - not to be confused with the GGM. Kinda wish I had the Famicom variant though.

@Tyranexx I think we can relate when it comes to that...the vision in my head would look a heck of a lot better than my attempt if I draw by memory, lol. You're very welcome! Sounds like it was a pretty good day overall.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

Made a new logo this morning, since I can't find any good fonts that fit into a circle. What do you think?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Logo for....? If those are meant to be letters, I can't work out which but it doesn't particularly look like anything else to me, sorry

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Snatcher Looking back, Team Sonic Racing honestly feels like a way to rescue tracks from Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing (the one before Transformed) without having to deal with Jet Set Radio Future licensing issues. Transformed got Egg Hangar and Team Sonic Racing got all the other Sonic tracks except Ocean Ruin.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM It's a logo I made for... me. I didn't like my old one so... tried to make something simple. With any luck you can find the letters!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Definitely, especially the classics since those were all done by hand too. Would be cool to look at a Disney art book. Yeah only a sample, they were going to release a book, but for some unknown reason it was cancelled. So those who picked up the Target day one edition of Trolls World Tour have the little bit of the book, and it shows early concepts and ideas for the movie. It's sad it never fully came out, so this little sample is more special. There's still quite a bit to look at in it too.

Yeah, it's fun reading about and watching stuff on cut content. It makes you wonder how some of these concepts would have been like in-game.

Really cool, it would be nice to play the original Sonic CD on Sega CD. Yeah, I think it was multiple models with four games each. I never had one, but I do remember seeing Game Boy Micros in stores during the GBA heyday. That thing was really compact and small. Surprised Nintendo didn't experiment with faceplates on DS more, since it seemed cool to customize your handheld.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

I played Horse Club Adventures on PS4.
Girlie girlie horse riding game. ☺

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

So, it's like your new name, @TheJGG ....? Then, years down the line, you can be 'formerly known as ' ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano I never thought of that, and it makes sense ngl!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yep. At least before computers and CGI became more widespread, of course. Gotta respect what all the Disney animators did to bring all those classics to life! Ah, I see...it's too bad that the full version didn't come out, but it is definitely better than nothing.

Yeah absolutely, just curious, you just played the other versions of Sonic CD? I honestly would have loved to see Nintendo use faceplates for their handhelds more often, too. Really wish they had faceplates for all versions of the New 3DS, not just the regular-sized one like what we've seen. I could have had Nintendo-made Mario faceplates for my New 3DS XL by now!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

I think I have reached my maximum target for PS3 games.
I have decided to pick until 80 PS3 games after deliberating their game's potential and my investment for certain games with genre I have never played before. There were some verdicts I take:

I will not pick any baseball games except Little League 2010 as I have ever played the 2009 version on Wii and it was the only baseball game that fit enough, easy enough and cartoonish enough for my taste. The PS3 version just only one game (2010 version) and basically the game is HD version of 2009 version and still keep the 60 fps. Beautiful.

I will not pick any LEGO games on PS3 as I don't like and will never like Western franchises like Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter, Hobbits, etc, even I have sold my LEGO Jurassic PS4.

I have registered both Sonic Racing PS3 games (Transformed and SEGA ALL Stars) with one condition, finish the story as fast as possible and never pick the forbidden tracks anymore. It was very hard decision.

I have registered Wonderbook games (using Wonderbook + Move to play), only two games I will pick (Diggs Nightcrawlers and Walking with Dinosaurs) as I don't like something witchy from J.K.Rowling or Harry Potter things.

I picked Invizimals as the hidden gem from Sony on PS3 and i replaced Rapala Pro Bass Fishing with Invizimals as I don't really think I can invest on fishing games with very low potential than Invizimals with higher potential from 3D platformer games.

I picked some quirky games like Kung Fu Rider (surprisingly hilarious), Sorcery (Move+ Navigator), PlayStaion Move Heroes, De Blob 2, UDraw (Instant Artist & Pictionary) to increase my maximum target.

Well, now I think I can focus on adding more PS4 games until reaching 80 games.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NotArmani

Why do people make weird images of Diddy Kong 😭

NotArmani

Fizza

So I've been playing A LOT of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and, after beating the 4th Gym and getting the Lavender Town story done, I've come to a realisation of sorts: the start of the game absolutely betrays the rest.

I'm very much the kind of person to overlook some of Pokemon's more glaring flaws (graphics who?) but even I have to say the run up from the start of the game up until beating Lt Surge in Vermillon is.... kind of boring? It's still fun don't get me wrong: you can get all three Kanto starters, the designs of the cities are beautiful, Mt Moon is an excellent cave when Zubats aren't after you every 5 minutes and the music (especially in Cerulean) is absolutely breathtaking. However, the variety of Pokemon isn't great unless you want to spend around about half an hour grinding for special spawns, the trainers usually carry very similar Pokemon, you don't have access to any Secret Techniques and it's extremely linear (up, right and down with a tiny bit of deviation up to go talk to Bill). The fact that the path past Pewter and Mt Moon is one way until you grab the Cut Technique on the SS Anne is also needlessly dickish (I missed the Moon Stone I was going to use to evolve my Nidorino that way so I had to go back afterwards to grab it. Now I did find a shiny Geodude on that trek back but that's besides the point....).

HOWEVER.

The minute you beat Surge and get past Diglett's Cave, EVERYTHING opens up. Story progression is still linear, but that doesn't stop you from basically going as far as you want away from it to see what's around the areas (you can get as far as bloody CELADON and even be able to access the Department Store there to get a bunch of great items and TM's). Because of this, the variety of Pokemon you can get SKYROCKETS. Machop, Cubone, Growlithe, Porygon, Jigglypuff, Rhyhorn, Hitmonchan/lee, Farfetch'd, Scyther, Pinsir, the list goes on and on. Also, after getting Surge completed, you're basically free to get every other Secret Technique. The only requirements are beating the Team Rocket Hideout (Fly) and beating the Lavender Town story/getting the Poke Flute (Surf AND Strength). And once you get Surf, every Water encounter opens up to you! I swear, I haven't had this much fun exploring in a Pokemon game since Legends Arceus came out, it's that good.

If you dropped Let's Go before getting past Surge, I highly implore you to pick it up again and at least beat Erika since I feel like your opinion on it may change quite a bit afterwards (at least I hope!).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
I'm glad I have found and beat Erika after getting lost at Lavender Town and had no idea where should go to continue the storyline of Let's Go Pikachu.
Currently I was in mission at Saffron City.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic