Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 60,681 to 60,700 of 96,526

Anti-Matter

So I was wondering if people still talk about Boxing or Kickboxing sport openly in public, having some enthusiasts with those sports despite the more popular sports overshadowed Boxing / Kickboxing.

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Eel I've been addicted to Mario Maker 2 for the last few days there and saw you had your Maker ID in your profile so decided to check out your levels (very good btw, makes me want to make more myself) and noticed something hilarious: I've somehow already played one of your levels! Slightly Perilous Pit is what it's called and it must've come up during the Endless Challenge or something because wow is that a coincidence. I may as well add my Maker ID to my profile in case anyone is interested (I only have 2 levels currently but I plan to make more in the future!).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

@Fizza oh haha thanks for checking them out! That level was actually the first one I created to test the game with. It’s cool to think that other people may still be playing them out there.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

Fizza wrote:

@Eel I've been addicted to Mario Maker 2 for the last few days there and saw you had your Maker ID in your profile so decided to check out your levels (very good btw, makes me want to make more myself) and noticed something hilarious: I've somehow already played one of your levels! Slightly Perilous Pit is what it's called and it must've come up during the Endless Challenge or something because wow is that a coincidence. I may as well add my Maker ID to my profile in case anyone is interested (I only have 2 levels currently but I plan to make more in the future!).

Small world lol.

I haven’t played Mario maker in a bit, I fell as though a lot of my levels fall flat, and the online sucks for multiplayer which sucks because I love that mode!

I think I will post one of my levels at least because I think it’s actually ok, but has a big skip flaw, that I think I should fix but whatever, post it and them put my Mario maker ID.

Btw you said more levels, meaning you have made some yourself yes?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

@Snatcher Only two currently: my first ever one (a really basic Wiggler level that I hold an immense amount of affection for) and a tribute level in the style of Ninjajajamaru-kun (an underrated Japanese NES game on NSO that I really enjoyed). I have this really good idea for an Airship level, I just need to find the right mid-section since the beginning and end are already done. I'm thinking something along the lines of Monty Moles and Bullet Bills.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy will like to hear this. It's been 62 years since Sega was founded! Also, the Mega Drive Mini 2 has been announced and it looks like it'll have Mega CD (Sega CD) games as well. Honestly, I'd already love to have it, since I do like Sega games.

@Tyranexx That's cool. I do remember you could swim with them in that aquarium that I mentioned earlier.

I haven't done drawing from memory, that sounds like something I should try out sometime after I get enough practice. It is good to break out of your comfort zone, after all. I agree for sure, everyone has their own level of interpretation on what they're drawing and things like that. That was one of my drawing projects, everyone would all draw a jug and a cover, including me. Every other project, we would just draw our own subjects/objects. Yeah, I haven't really had to draw anything small either.

By the way, have a fun and wonderful weekend!

@Fizza Ah man, I should get back to Super Mario Maker 2. I wanna try to find the time to make my own Super World at some point.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Eel

@Fizza haha I see you liked my Catperture Labs level! Did you get stuck in Test 10? I accidentally made that one way harder than it had any right to be 😅 you can break the level there.

Also did you find the secret mushroom?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@Eel Bloody hell man, I am absolutely useless when it comes to making levels compared to you, each one is just so well designed! I particularly liked the ending sequence with lava and Charvarghs, that was genius.

Also, no I didn't find the mushroom and, given the theme of the level, I feel like that may be a lie

Snatcher

@Fizza You should do the idea, I think any idea can work as long as you figure out how to execute it! I'm rooting for you!

Also making levels inspired off of other games you love, I never thought of that, I was basing all my stuff off of other mario levels, my door has been opened.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

tekoii

@Tyranexx Ahh.. I'm much the same. I think actually I may start with the X series, but dang it I just missed the sale for the switch lol :/ But ahh i see, I feel like X is just hard, period. We literally deserve that, we got everything else basically... cmon Capcom! It's for sure a cool system, just imagine if they were to try to really move the sub-series forward. So much they can do with it.

@Sunsy Thank you! It's for sure a great game, and I do wonder why it gets so much flack. I wanna get back to that game for my streams, soon if i can manage! Ahh, I think I may just play Paladins on Switch. I switched my avatar to Maeve. I'll try to get you added so we can play. My username should be the same as just my switch user.

@MarioLover92 Nice! There's definitely a lot of practice to get the techs down. I feel like I'm about to look up a top tips video for MK8D like I did with RL and see if I can learn something. I feel like a tips video would gimme some other insights into useful maneuvers.

Btw check out my new video, I crossed over Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Skies of Arcadia
Skies of Alrest 🐋☠️

I really hope Skies of Arcadia gets a remake or remaster someday...

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Um... Btw
I have followed your YouTube channel but I have zero interest with games like xenoblade, zelda, smash bros, etc as I never like too popular games like that and I always felt indifferent with those games.
I still like to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I have very low interest with racing games compared with other gaming genre so I rarely to play Mario Kart 8 deluxe as I keep busy with other games that mostly unpopular games and majority users here will not give a damn attention to the games I played currently.

Last month my hype was on Epic Chef PS4 and this month my hype is on Youtubers Life 2 Switch after I got the game last Monday.
I like to play the certain unpopular / obscure games as they have different experience and pleasure from playing their games. And when I got hyped with those games, my brain quickly adapted with their unique gameplay that I quickly grasped it.

Btw, what the unpopular / obscure games you like to play ?
Maybe you have same interest with mine.

Anti-Matter

Tasuki

@Tyranexx Yeah we got a summary going for that reason alone. It just bums me out because I was really looking forward to playing on a constant basis but due to the nature of my job its harder to do then a person thinks. Hopefully it won't be too long. If anything we just might have to scale it down to once a month.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...!
I have accumulated more than 200 hours gameplay of Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS. 😁
Untitled

Also, I have decorated my 4th HORI 24 3DS case with my own design Chibi Boxer from 2016 edition. 😊
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, IIRC, the Big Golden Book of Trolls World Tour had really beautiful artwork of the characters, even if it was a children's storybook. Those kind of books are the best to look at, especially for a fan of cartoons and animation. I have My Little Pony: The Art of Equestria, and it had art for everything from the show and development stuff, to even fan-made artwork they used on official shirts (actually, some of my old MLP shirts are these too). Similarly, I want to get The Art of Trolls, which goes into the art and development of the first Trolls movie.

Definitely. Now I'm being reminded, I tried using the P-wing in 5-3, I wanted to see if I can reach a certain area. Still, it makes you wonder what secrets the game could have had. I remember when I successfully got through the first part of spiral tower with a P-wing, flying over the bricks and finding a lone brick with a 1-up.

Yeah, also, Lost Level's theme music is so cruel. A beautiful rendition of the Super Mario Bros. title theme in All-Stars... if only we knew, lol.

Really cool, surprised there's going to be Sega CD games on it. Now I wonder, if they're going to make a fake Sega CD to attach to it. I was disappointed the Game Gear Mini didn't make its way over here, would have loved that. I've played games on a Dreamcast VMU before, I think I'd be able to use it fine with its small size, lol.

@tekoii No problem, personally, I always thought because it was just "cool" to hate Sonic on YouTube. Because of that, I don't watch many Sonic videos, especially when it feels like everyone says the same exact thing. Noted next time I log into Paladins. I was playing a bit earlier today. Actually, had two good rounds of Apex this evening too.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@tekoii Best of luck! If I do get back to Rocket League, I hope I can up my game a bit with aerials and stuff like that. Maybe I'm not as bad as I think. I do tend to be hard on myself at times.

Cool video, btw - I've never played Skies of Arcadia, but I would love to give it a shot sometime. I heard it's an awesome RPG.

@Sunsy That's awesome to hear. Similarly, I do have art books of games like Super Mario Odyssey and Cuphead. Love reading through those and seeing all that cool concept art and stuff like that. Cuphead in particular has a really awesome art style that very much looks like classic Disney and Fleischer cartoons. Gorgeous-looking game...but it's tough as nails! I wonder if there's any Disney art books or something, one that shows off concept art for their movies and cartoons from back in the day.

Oh that's a cool secret you found. I've finished SMB3 many times before, but it feels like there's always one more area that I didn't know about, lol. Oh you know what, gruz made a video showing off the "lost levels" of the game. Here it is:

Ah yeah, totally. Lost Levels' title screen music sounds all peaceful and everything...but the game itself is anything but.

I definitely like that they're gonna be having Sega CD games in it too. They've really only rereleased their Genesis games, and that's kinda it. So I'm definitely interested. They probably would, I think they'd make one that looks like the model 2 Sega CD. I've heard of the Game Gear Micro, though I'm not sure I'd get down with playing something as small as it is. Goodness, this thing's tiny! Then again, I didn't play too much of the Dreamcast VMU. But that's cool you would have liked it.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

tekoii

@Anti-Matter
Thanks! Ahh I understand, we all have different tastes. Oh I see, but you should still play with us if you get the chance. Oh yea, Epic Chef does look interesting.

Hmm... I'd say some games like Dust Force DX, Super Smash Flash 2, Stepmania, One Finger Death Punch 1+2, Psycho Waluigi (fan game), Poof and the Cursed Kitty, Cave Story, Bleed 1 + 2, Aces Wild Manic Brawling Action, Blocksum (did a stream on this, fun free game on pc), Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon.

Idk, I feel like I just like a lot of Nintendo games, Smash, Kart, Marios, Luigis, Star Fox, DK, Xenoblade, Pokemons, Kirby, F-Zero. The new stuff looks cool too, like Splatoon and Arms, just don't have them.

@MarioLover92 Thanks! Yea for sure, just have fun with it, it comes through as you get experience! Thanks man, appreciate the compliment! Oh man, this is why we need it for modern platforms. Arcadia has it's following but more people need to experience this game. If you do find a way to play it give it a shot, there's a lot to love!

@Sunsy Ahh for sure, I'm sure there is a bit of everyone on every side of the fan-base lol. But for me, I loved Sonic Adventure 2 Battle growing up. Chao are the BEST. It'd be nice if we at least got ports of SA and SA2 to Switch, I'd buy them again! Alright, maybe we can get a game going at some point.

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Anti-Matter

@tekoii
Well, we still have same interest in Stepmania, the ultimate DDR maker on PC. 😆
Currently DDR A3 got some new songs but since Yasuhiro Taguchi (TAG) left from Konami last year, the DDR songlist became disappointing. Just imagine DDR now have no Naoki Maeda, no Junko Karashima (no TERRA also), no Yasuhiro Taguchi, the songlist quality became awful with music style like from Dance Rush by Konami also (the music style that mostly I hate from 2020's era).

Do you like farming sim games like Story of Seasons?
Because I have decided to pick all the Story of Seasons games (+ Harvest moon One World) on PS4 to make it more thematic (farming games on PlayStation machines) as I already have Epic Chef and Kitaria Fables in same category (farming aspect).
Story of Seasons Pioneer of Olive Town New Edition (with all DLC in disc + fixed bugs) will be released on PS4 in July 2022 (Japan version first) and I really hope the PS4 version is way much better than Switch version with no more issues again.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@tekoii You're welcome on both. Yeah it's good to learn tips by hearing about them, but experience is what's truly important. Because you're literally applying what you've learned by actually playing. Same thing with anything else in life! I think Skies of Arcadia only came out on Dreamcast and GameCube? I do remember hearing about the GC version on a Nintendo Power issue.

reporterdavid

@MarioLover92 goodmorning. got some churchbell in Animal Crossing.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic