Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,621 to 57,640 of 96,483

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I have never expected i will ended up by purchasing Gaist Crusher 3DS as i have never heard or even know that franchise before but when i found that game from Tokopedia, i was surprised to see a cheap Japanese 3DS game including with its accesory like jewel stones on sale.
I quickly gathering information about Gaist Crusher and i found the similarity as Megaman type anime (teenagers turned into superheroes) and from 30 minutes watching the gameplay video from Youtube was convincing enough for me to pick the game quickly as it tagged by 150,000 IDR or around US$ 10.50
Really cheap price. šŸ˜€

I picked Ni no Kuni PS3 for certain reasons:
1. I have to keep my eyes on my PS4 storage as i have to not really consider games with too big installation GB size (bigger than 20 GB) as i have 176 GB left after i have inserted Team Sonic Racing disc with 15 GB size + 1 GB update onto my PS4 Slim. Despite of Ni no Kuni PS4 version have some upgraded performance like 60 fps, but it took 25 GB for installation from disc, compared with PS3 version with just only 4 GB for installation.
My PS3 Slim still have quite a lot storage (200+ GB remaining from 290 GB for 320 GB model) for 41 PS3 games i have.

2. I have ever bought Ni no Kuni PS3 Greatest Hits version long time ago, maybe late 2013 or early 2014 but i sold the game in year 2015 due to financial crisis and i was lost my job on early year 2015.
I haven't played the game as i didn't have PS3 machine in year 2014.
So i think it will be fair to pick the PS3 version again after i have sold the game long time ago.

3. Even there is Switch version but its performance was like PS3 version so i picked the PS3 version as i can find the PS3 version from Tokopedia with way cheaper price than Switch version.

And for Rockman Star Force Pegasus, it was my lucky day i could find a seller from Tokopedia who provided quite a lot of Japanese NDS games with affordable prices. If you look at the price of Megaman NDS games on Ebay, the price was very inflated even the Japanese version. And since i have never played Megaman Star Force games before, i tried from one game i got first to see if i will getting along well with the game.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Fair enough, I don't really eat theater food either. Usually at movies I just get a soda just to sip on. The only thing I don't like about theaters, since the room isn't aired out, it makes me cough a tiny bit, so soda usually just keeps it under control.

Never understood why, it just happens in theaters. I'm never sick when I go, so it just happens.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Oh that's cool they did that, kinda like how Nintendo gave away a free game when they released Mario Kart 8 back in the Wii U days. I got Wii Party U though, only because I have the other three games already, lol. I played it for a bit, it was all right but it ain't no Mario Party, that's for sure. XD

Thanks, and that's cool. My grandmother would have those swirling tree branches around her stair banisters during Christmastime, as well, they looked quite nice.

@Tyranexx Ah goodness - the dog must be excited to see you then, lol. Totally understandable that he's been having stranger danger. I've always been more of a cat person, but I do get along with dogs just as well. On my future Peach drawing - thanks! We'll see how busy I'll get before I get to the drawing process. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

Ok the ps5 is amazing! The triggers were something I was not ready for at all, It was, something else, (For multiplayer shooters its a no) Its so fun, Just to feel the pull.

But I'm really here to talk a little about astros play room, Damn, that thing is so good and creative, The way they show off (Flex) all the ps5 controller features are amazing!

The graphics are just, mind blowing, and the RTX, Chiefs kiss.

But it was so fun to play with family and look at all the nods to other games, just figuring them out was fun!

But I'm not the only one that thinks that astros play room is a heavy mix of mario galaxy and Sunshine? or is that just me?

(yep, this is a pretty bad collection of thoughts but I really wanted to type about it!)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Do you bring your own candy? Popcorn is a must for me always but other then that, not much else.

@Anti-Matter Your not boring, I just didn't have anything useful to say, so I didn't, But I heard you got into team sonic racing, how is it?

@TheJGG I'm just going to wait for Disney plus to have it, It wont be to long, wish me luck LMAO.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
About Team Sonic Racing PS4, so far so good. I used Type 2 style controller for more like Mario Kart style control scheme with X button to accelerate, R1 / R2 for drifting, L1 to use the item.
The game was running on 60 fps on PS4 as i heard the Switch version was running on 30 fps, the reason i picked PS4 version.
But following my team on the yellow line was quite hard as i used to play Mario Kart games individually so to work togerher in team like stay on the yellow line, using Ultimate Team skill was something that i have never done naturally when playing racing games individually.

Other thing, i like to share something about my stuffs such as my drawings or the games i purchased with some comments on it. But i think my stuffs were not really interesting enough to be discussed about since i oftenly posted unusual games or trivial things.

Btw, i wish i can have PS5 machine as i want to play Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, Planet Coaster. I will try to get at least 3 PS5 games during year 2022 for future investment when i can buy PS5 Slim someday.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

I got Darksouls on Steam, since it was only 19 dollars, and it's honestly pretty good. It took me a while to get my controller set up, but I've been enjoying it so far. It's not completely hard, but moreso just a game that you really need to learn the controls and patterns of in order to succeed. I don't even really mind dying all that much, as each time I keep getting better and better, learning from my mistakes. I also like how you can employ tactics, and sometimes it actually works, like in one instance where I diverted a strong enemy away from a dead end, then snuck back around to get a ring, only to die again to the strong enemy who cornered me.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter The team part is what I think, breaks it apart from other racers! Its really fun once you get the hang of it.

Well I don't want to talk about a topic I don't know to much about, I don't want to come off as rude, so I just don't talk about it if I don't have anything useful to say.

Its sooo worth going through the hell for a ps5, for me at least, Its just such a mind blower!

jedgamesguy

Can't believe I forgot to make a video of it after having it finished for two weeks! Guess that's what going on holiday does, I suppose. @Vortexeo and @tekoii you'll love this one. It loses a little steam near the end but I'm going to remaster this one in a few weeks with Logic. My birthday's in two weeks, so that's the earliest I plan to do so!

@Snatcher So glad you're that madly in love with the PS5! First thing I did when I got it was boot up Astro's Playroom and as a tech demo it's sublime but even as a standalone game it would have been worth paying for. Personally, the adaptive triggers are very specific in terms of when they shine most (I don't like them too much on F1 2021 for example) because of the constant locking and unlocking of the motors. This one is one of the best though, I'd also recommend No Man's Sky's free PS5 upgrade if you have it.

The level design, though, and the PS callbacks of course, easily put a smile on my face, even though I haven't so much as touched almost all of the stuff out there. I sure hope Team ASOBI are working on another one because they already have millions of new admirers. Us two included!

@Tyranexx Yeah... I've had to look up some stuff twice already, including the crossdressing quest. Instead of doing a tournament like in Remake, you need to go around gathering pieces of Cloud's guise, such as lingerie, dress, makeup and a wig. Once I got past that the rest was easy. So far I'm about to infiltrate Shinra's headquarters however, and it really puts into perspective just how big this game is; if Remake's 35-hour adventure is contained in the first five hours of this one... I literally can't wait to see how many games this Remake project takes up. Seven?

Either way that's a nice game for the side, as I tackle Metroid Dread, even though it's the opposite now. God, that game has so much polish and detail. The puzzles are really smart, and for once I'm happy I figured it out myself instead of just... looking at a guide. The EMMI chase sequences dread me though. Hopefully you get that one soon!

Your comments on the music are spot-on. I feel like they're slightly below the original but that's more a compliment than a criticism of 2's soundtrack. Mitsuda apparently loves Celtic music so hearing Torigoth, it must have been a personal favourite to listen to (since ACE did that one, not him). As I imagined ACE's music is my personal favourite, they generally do the area themes. If you like Gormott, you're in for a lot more fun. As for the Cliffs of Morytha, in terms of where it is in the story, you get there around mid-to-late game, to put it vaguely. How far have you gotten now?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Well, supposedly, part one of remake might be relatively longer than the rest, @TheJGG .... I don't think people would want to buy more than 4 parts at absolute maximum, especially with how long it's going to be at the current rate! If you get stuck with the game, let us know, I'm sure we can help

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

I asked for a quesadilla and they gave me a taco. All meat, no cheese at all.

Itā€™s one of those days.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel Hmmm, I'm thinking of starting an American-run Mexican food restaurant in Mexico, where we don't know what the hell things are called, or what we're doing.šŸ¤” Sounds like someone beat me to it.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM My thoughts exactly. I hope we get a teaser for the next game at some point this decade, itā€™ll no doubt cause uproar whenever or if it drops. The later the better though, Iā€™d appreciate playing through the original so I can be more experienced with the characters.

Still havenā€™t gotten the INTERmission, admittedly. Saving that for when-if I warm up to Yuffie. If I even get her into my party.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, plus the theme fit Valentine's Day. Sad they don't do it anymore. It was always fun to see what games would come, or which strategy games people would choose (for the record, I chose Dawn of War, I have it), and the sales Sega had on their strategy stuff.

That's exactly what we had on the banister. I remember being the one who plugged in the lights for it every night, since the plug was in my bedroom.

@Snatcher Sounds like you're having a good time with the PS5. It's refreshing to read someone's experience with it, instead of wondering if they really exist, or it being a news story about scalpers, lol.

Snatcher wrote:

Well I don't want to talk about a topic I don't know to much about, I don't want to come off as rude, so I just don't talk about it if I don't have anything useful to say.

This is me too, if I don't have anything more to say, I won't post.

Worth noting, sometimes I see responses, but wait to respond just to get multiple replies in one post rather than do post after post. I find it easier to keep track of discussions this way and it isn't filling up the thread.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BruceCM

Heh, well, I wasn't much of a fan of Yuffie in the original version, @TheJGG .... She's very useful for awhile but she's annoying Still, she certainly looked better in the trailer for Intermission
Obviously, I'm waiting for Remake to come to Steam & to be on a good sale, as there's 2 or 3 more parts to come

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@TheJGG Indeed, It would have totally been worth the money, and there were a few times where I was like "This is a tech demo?" Because damn, its fun, its looks amazing, and the collections, oh, the console collections, I just can't get enough of see the little dudes get enough of that stuff! I sure do hope we get more of them, and more games from them, I think we will be seeing a lot more from them from now own, they would make for a cool mii like thing as well!
(Free upgrade? as in if I have a physical copy I can still upgrade it?)
@Sunsy Well I can indeed tell you, there real, the myth, the legend, Its in the room, right now.
Thank you, glad to see someone agrees with my posting habits, its not like I want to not respond, but I just don't have anything to say, so why should I?

Edited on by Snatcher

Losermagnet

Buh i've been so busy lately, it's madness! I haven't even had time to game! [audible gasps, cries, weaker individuals faint, etc etc]. But it's okay 'cause tomorrow is my day off (woo hoo). Hope everyone has been doing well.

@VoidofLight glad to hear you're enjoying Dark Souls šŸ˜ how far have you gotten?

@Snatcher congrats on getting your PS5! The trigger feedback is pretty wild eh? It sounds silly but I really love the way it feels lol.

@TheJGG Astro's Playroom was really enjoyable surprise as a tech demo/pack-in game. I don't know if there's enough ideas for a sequel but I'd be exited if it happened. In case I forget for later - happy early birthday! Any plans?

@Eel I hate when stuff like that happens. I ordered a pizza awhile back and it was so bad you would've thought the person that made it had never seen a pizza before in their life. Hopefully the offending taco wasnt an omen for how the rest of your day was.

@Sunsy i don't have much to say topic-wise, but nonetheless I wanted to say "haaaaaay Sunsaaaay" šŸ˜ hope you've been well.

@BruceCM how long is the Yuffie DLC? I've been on the fence about buying it. I love the Remake for the characters, setting, and music....but I gotta say I didn't like playing it as much I'd hoped.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Sunsy

Finished Cobra Kai tonight, another great season to one of the few live action shows I like. Again, my mother and I are fans of the Karate Kid movies too, so we like this series.

@Snatcher The console, the myth, the legend!

You're welcome. If I don't have anything to say, I don't have anything to say then. At least I do read responses I get, so I'm not ignoring any replies. I may sometimes miss a post, I'm not perfect.

@Losermagnet Hi there! I'm doing well, been playing some games, just doing some household chores, and enjoying Christmas music a bit more before I put it away for the year. BTW, I got SMT V as one of my Christmas gifts, Steelbook edition too. Hope you've been well too.

Edited on by Sunsy

tekoii

@TheJGG Thanks a lot man, I hope your holiday went splendid as well I was sick during the holidays but thanks for the best wishes! Ahh love the track man I still like especially how ambient it is on how it opens up. Dope stuff man, dropped a like! Keep it up dude, and I'm sure you're excited to get back on Logic. I take it your gonna buy it for your birthday? Ohhh and Happy Early Birthday XD Hmmm interesting that stuff you said about the Zelda games music. Also, I'll give that video a peep sometime about the "invisible" sound design in BOTW.

@Tyranexx Thanks I'm just glad to feel better now. And ohh, I see you're playing XC2. I'm glad you're enjoying the game so far, yea chapter 2 end was pretty cool. There are some cool moments approaching soon so that's exciting. Keep us xenoblade fans updated on your playthrough

@Sunsy Thanks I tried to just slow things down, chill out, and relax for once despite feeling bad. Oh nice pick ups specially Colors and SMT. I'm playing it rn, and its starting to pick up a little, but then again i'm still super early. Have fun with it, I know I am! Oh man, I really need to watch this Sonic movie already sheesh.

@MarioLover92 Thanks kind sir! We still gotta play some MCC sometime ^^!!

@WoomyNNYes OMG I love Futurama <3 and LOL at that bike dude. Man Futurama is such a funny and creative show. It just appeals directly to my techie self, how can I not love it. And come on man do you even gotta ask, you know I'm all kinds of sick That's good that you didn't get sick as well though..

@JaxonH I just wanted to pay my respects and give my deepest condolences to you and your family. I'm sorry for your loss.

šŸ„ MK8D ā–¶ļø Youtube šŸŽØ DeviantArt

jedgamesguy

Well something cool was announced this morning, @BruceCM, namely Death Stranding: Director's Cut for PC. If that's your kinda thing then I advise going for it, because it's a much more complete experience now, with extra content sprinkled through the core story loop. Comes out on Steam this year.

Unless my eyes are actively tricking me, FF7-R's already out on PC, as you likely know. I've seen so many videos of modders hacking the game, to make Cloud and Tifa wear their dresses from the very start of the game. It definitely won't be out on Steam, though, thanks to the satanic rituals Epic did to somehow make Square put that game on their store.

@Snatcher The collection stuff made going back through the levels worth it. Plus interacting with all the items to find cool callbacks or Easter eggs was such a blast. Which level's your favourite? Mine's got to be the SSD level.

As for NMS, if you have a physical OR digital copy, you can upgrade to get a PS5 digital version for free. I took it immediately and the performance is rock-solid, plus haptics.

@Losermagnet I remember reading a few months ago that Japan Studio was essentially dismantled and all the staff were put into ASOBI to work on future Astro games. I may be misremembering but they're definitely working on something. The whole Playroom game was a strange meta-take of the inside of the PS5, so there's lots of ways to go forward with the concept.

We don't have anything planned for my birthday just yet, thank you for the wishes! I'm content seeing a movie or going to the beach at this point, since COVID's making any large gatherings all but impossible...

@tekoii Whoops, I took so long resolving this post I all but missed yours. I'll put pay to that.

Yeah, our holiday was nuts. We had some border troubles, but all said and done it was pretty magical. Drove over three thousand miles in ten days, so there's that. Somehow didn't get "sick", despite all the travel. Hope you're feeling better at this point. Here's some pictures from our trip. I tried making a DUNE mockup cover from one of the many sand pictures.

Knew you'd love that song. It's a little different from the usual covers I do, so I'm glad it just about stuck the landing. As for Logic, that's my plan, yes. I got myself a solid state drive, that I've just transferred all the music on my computer to (some 13GB), so I've saved a chunk of space for Logic. It literally took one minute to transfer all that data, and the drive itself (SanDisk) feels like a one-dollar piece of plastic. Man, tech's evolved.

Hopefully you enjoy that BotW video. It made me see the whole game in a new light after hearing about some of the stuff devs employed there.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic