Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 57,601 to 57,620 of 96,483

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Yes the difference between PS5 and PS4 in terms resolution are big.

Maybe I like older Pete for the nostalgia

But even if they faceswap MJ with Jameson Spider-Man 2 would still be my most anticipated game

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I did start FFVII a few days ago, yeah. It's a really good, but quite noticeably dated game, as you'd expect. I like the speed-up feature, plus the "cheat/easy mode" where if you press the right stick you'll restore all your health and fill up the LIMIT gauge automatically. I used both when grinding but for the sake of challenge turned it off during boss fights.

The biggest gripe I have, though, is how muddled the game can get, at least so far. The backgrounds are blurry and sometimes the camera angles make traversing areas nigh-on impossible, and add that to the sketchy progression indicators (I'm in Wall Market and it's not easy knowing what to do next), and it gets confusing and frustrating at times. The music's great at best, and noise at worst, something that Remake obviously fixed.

Referring to XC2: I really like that area too. The best part about it is the music, which has a really grounded but ethereal feel to it. Vandham himself is a really likeable character, I loooove his accent. Yes, it's not that unique but his attitude and outlook, plus the mentor-ly perspective he takes on with Rex is nice. Roc's quite boring though.

@Snatcher Nah, I recommend buying an M.2 drive. The requirements are very specific, because of how demanding the custom-made SSD in the actual console is, and you'll be able to run PS5 games on it. Using a normal hard drive that is good on PS4 won't work. It actually broke my 1TB drive when I put a game on it. Plus you can't install games directly to a drive like that, you'd have to put them on the console first.

@Zuljaras Precisely. It is what it is but in the end it didn't really change much for me, in terms of detracting or adding to easily one of the best games I've played in the last five years. Such a masterfully crafted game. Can't wait for the sequel, especially with the new scale and scope that comes with a villain like Venom.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Yes 2 will be awesome! And do not forget who narrates the trailer for Spider-Man 2 ... at least I think it is Kraven the Hunter (that accent)

And by the looks of the last game Venom will be Harry Osborn and the Green Goblin will be Norman, because of how they showed him illuminated by the green light from the tank So many Easter eggs thrown in the ending!

Aaaand Holland is my favorite Spider-Man ... especially after No Way Home The ending of the movie when the goes to his new apartment and jumps out of the window with the iconic suit is like the beginning of Marvel's Spider-Man game

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras Eek! I haven’t actually seen No Way Home yet! I’m doing so on Friday though.

I’ve been avoiding spoilers like the plague though, so I’ve given myself the best chance of going in with a genuine blind encounter.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

Woohoo...!
I got a lot of games this evening.
Since they are different games each other, i posted 3 different photos based on their machines.

PS3 & PS4
Untitled

NDS
Untitled

3DS
Untitled

I bet all of you have never heard nor even know what the heck is Gaist Crusher 3DS.
I have never knew too about Gaist Crusher but when i saw CAPCOM logo and it has series anime as well, i quickly understood the basic gameplay after watching some videos from Youtube.

Anime

Game

Yes, dude.
I still enjoy Imagine games by Ubisoft (as publisher) despite of their mediocre quality. 😁

And for Team Sonic Racing, my first impression was quite good. I changed the control scheme into Type 2 for similar Mario Kart control scheme type with X button for accelerate, R1 / R2 to drift, L1 to use the item. So far looks good.
And yeah...
Actually i wanted to get Team Sonic Racing last year but i keep delaying until one year and i found quite cheap price option from my local online shopping website last week. I picked a right decision to get the game late.

Well, i don't play Zelda games, Metroid games, Smash Bros games, but i played these unusual games instead.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I should play more of NiGHTS into Dreams at some point, I played a little bit of it on Steam and from what I played I liked it. I want to get to playing Jet Set Radio, too. The other Saturn game I remember my uncle playing was Galactic Attack, which is a shmup. I played that for a good while too, and I really like it. Hopefully, that'll come out for Switch as well.

That's cool you use Christmas lights. I actually had a spare string of colored lights, which I was going to use on the tree, but it looked like there weren't enough. So I used them as a decoration for around those two wooden columns instead. Goes to show that it helps to have creative thinking.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I should give it a try again since last time I played it was on my old PC. Jet Set Radio is a lot of fun, I got the Steam version years ago. Sega was doing a Valentine's event called "Make War, Not Love" to celebrate their strategy games on PC, and gave away a Steam copy of Jet Set Radio and Golden Axe during the event.

Sounds like an awesome plan. If I had any columns, I would have decorated them. In my old house, I remember we had lights on the stair banister when I was a kid.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Am i really boring here like nobody want to talk with me even i have posted something ?

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Apologies for not responding, glad to hear your first impressions of Team Sonic Racing is good, and I'm glad you got a good deal on it. Also, your post reminds me, I picked up a copy of Pokemon X over a year ago and haven't opened it yet.

I have to ask, the DS game in the lower right corner, is that a Pretty Cure game? I remember seeing the original anime a couple years ago, as well as the Netflix dub of one of the series renamed Glitter Force. Really liked them.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter wrote:

Am i really boring here like nobody want to talk with me even i have posted something ?

The problem I have is that you clearly post things for the attention, not about genuine conversation or interest. You even brag about views on your drawings.

Not many people like this.

The irony is that you are turning out to be like the games you love to others ... a niche

Edited on by Zuljaras

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I was thinking i will get Pokemon Y with previous owner's Save data so i can exchange Pokemons with my Pokemon X before i started to play Pokemon Y since i have two 3DS USA machines but alas, the previous owner have erased the save data so i got an used Pokemon Y with no save data. 😅
Well... That's fine.
It was long time i haven't played Pokemon X after i finished the storyline so i can start new again on Pokemon Y but Froakie is still the only better option i choose since i wasn't the fan of Gen 6 starter Pokemons based on their looking and their final evolution looking.

Oh, yes. I got Pretty Cure on NDS with very cheap price (200,000 IDR).
The game looks pretty with fancy stuff but i couldn't skip their dialogues quickly and i must design my first clothes before proceed to next story. My first impression was like can i save the game now as the characters keep lalala with their dialogues and i was unable to save the game at the moment.
Oh, i also have Pretty Rhythm game on 3DS last month. I thought it was similar franchise as Pretty Cure despite it created by different company.
Untitled

And i was so lucky to get Rockman Star Force Pegasus version as i like the Blue interface from Pegasus version, despite the language was Japanese but i can always follow the guidance from Youtube.
Megaman Star Force games are extremely expensive on Ebay, even more expensive than Pokemon NDS games. I was so lucky to get the Japanese version with very cheap price (300,000 IDR) from local online shopping website in my country. 😁

I dare myself to pick Gaist Crusher 3DS (look at the 3DS games photo) after i found from local online shopping website, the game was tagged with very cheap price (150,000 IDR). I have no idea about Gaist Crusher but once i typed the name on Youtube, i realized it was a CAPCOM game and it has series anime as well (i posted the anime link from Youtube).
Gaist Crusher was like Megaman + Kamen Rider with Saint Seiya armor style from my first impression. The heroes are teenager boys who got hi tech gadget that can transform them into powerful fighter with gigantic weapons. The monsters over there called Gaist.
I quickly grasped the basic gameplay as the explanation was in Hiragana and Katakana words with Furigana letters for Kanji words. So far so good even i didn't really understand with their dialogues as i found the game was heavily in visual novel style during delivering the storyline and only experiencing in 3D exploration during missions.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
Well, i have different interest to talk and discuss.
I want to have some conversations from the stuffs i posted but it seems everybody have different interest. It wasn't i'm looking for attention but i really want to talk and discuss from my stuffs even they are very unusual for everybody here. Just like you posted your drawings and your hedgehog pet here, some peoples got interested with your hedgehog pet.

Anti-Matter

Mikmoomamimocki

I'm trying to get into soldering and electronics and stuff like that. I got a little kit on amazon so I can put together an FM radio. It seems like a really interesting hobby.

Mikmoomamimocki

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Cool, I guessed correctly on Pretty Cure. I remember being introduced to the anime via the Netflix dub Glitter Force, which feels like a 90's styled dub of Smile! PreCure. Sometime after watching it, I found a subbed version of the original PreCure from 2004 on Crunchyroll and watched it.

Have fun with the game, we never got anything related to this anime series, even with Netflix marketing their dub of it. At least the dub got me curious about the series.

Edited on by Sunsy

Zuljaras

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Zuljaras
Well, i have different interest to talk and discuss.
I want to have some conversations from the stuffs i posted but it seems everybody have different interest. It wasn't i'm looking for attention but i really want to talk and discuss from my stuffs even they are very unusual for everybody here. Just like you posted your drawings and your hedgehog pet here, some peoples got interested with your hedgehog pet.

That is all ok but if people do not respond to my stuff (that happened several times) I do not ask them if I am boring. I just assumed my stuff is of no interest to them

Some of my drawings got me many responses others got me none and I am ok with that.

Do you think many people here want to talk with you about half naked policemen or boxers?

Anti-Matter

Okay, i made my game purchase summary during year 2021 in numbers. I will start from the biggest number to the smallest number.

Wii = 24
PS3 = 20
PS4 = 11
PS2 = 10
Gamecube = 8
Wii U = 8
3DS = 6
NDS = 4
Switch = 4
XBOX = 3
PS1 = 1
Total = 99 games purchased in 1 year
Average = 8 or 9 games purchased every month

But, i sold 3 Switch games on 2 October 2021 (Botw, Xenoblade 2, Super Bomberman R).

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter what GameCube games did you buy ? where did you buy them ? And the big question how much did you pay for them ? Paid 1000 dollars id say...😵😵😵😵😵

Ninfan

Tyranexx

Meh Monday is meh. The weather also decided to finally start behaving like it's winter here. Not sure how I feel about that. One point for normal seasonal temps/weather I suppose. Dang do I hate being cold though!

@MarioLover92 Heh, they're certainly trying, but I don't know how effective it'll be now that my sister moved out. She would work with him somewhat when she had the time. My brother does when he can, but he's very busy between his job and also trying to farm, so he often doesn't have a lot of time on his hands. Overall he's a decent dog, though recently he's developed stranger danger with anyone he doesn't know or like. Not a bad thing really, though the problem is calling him off after the fact. My mom legit thought he was going to attack me on Christmas.

Looking forward to that Peach drawing! No rush.

@Sunsy I MIGHT cave for a small popcorn or a bit of candy. I don't usually dive into theater food much. Practically all on offer isn't healthy, and that's how they get you in the wallet lol.

@TheJGG From what little experience I have with (or have seen) with PS1 titles, many of them haven't aged well graphically. Your complaints about environment traversal and progression indicatorsare something I've certainly come across in my online wanderings. Mechanically, I believe FFVII is still solid, but I won't deny the QoL features you describe will be quite useful when I finally grab and play the game. Like you, I'll turn off the easy street stuff during boss fights (unless I'm REALLY struggling lol).

On XC2: If there's one thing that I feel is (almost) up to par with the series so far, it's the music. Not only this area, but I enjoyed the Torigoth tracks too. Can't wait to get to Cliffs of Morytha whenever that is; that's a track I've come across in my online wanderings that I love. I like the teacher/student type relationship that Vandham and Rex have so far, though I do agree that Roc is rather one-note; I honestly thought Roc might be female until his VA finally chimed in.

@Anti-Matter Kudos for finding a Mega Man Star Force title for a decent price! I have the Leo version (NA). Those first games were the easiest of the bunch, and I still prefer the Battle Network series, but I found the Star Force titles to be really enjoyable (if a bit out there). Gaist Crusher looks interesting too, though I've never heard of it. As for Ni No Kuni, I received it on Switch for my birthday this past fall but haven't played it yet.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I got most of the Gamecube games from Tokopedia, local online shopping website in Indonesia.
7 Gamecube games i got from Tokopedia and 1 Gamecube game i got from playasia.
And here are the Gamecube games i bought with the price in Indonesian currency.

1. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3 = 300,000 IDR
2. Starfox Adventures = 310,000 IDR
3. Rocket Power: Beach Bandits = 200,000 IDR
4. Mario Power Tennis = 350,000 IDR
5. Robots (bought from playasia) = 790,000 IDR
6. Finding Nemo = 196,000 IDR
7. Megaman Network Transmission = 775,000 IDR
8. Spyro: Enter of the Dragonfly = 302,000 IDR

Total purchase = 3,223,000 IDR or approximate US$ 225

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic