Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 56,781 to 56,800 of 96,581

Snatcher

@thiz- Thanks! BTW it was only last year when I started using the forms, because I was a little sick of the comment section.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Great thanks! I accepted, recognized your username. Yeah that is understandable, not to mention we may get busy with stuff at points. I do at least have Steam and Discord so we could message each other that way.

Also to you and @thiz- - yeah, I hardly ever use the comment sections on Nintendo Life's news articles. I don't even click on the headlines the majority of the time. They can be as bad as YouTube comments honestly, in terms of toxicity. This thread, as well as the ACNH one (the community there is awesome), are way more chill and positive...just the way I like it. Sorry to hear someone got salty at you, thiz - I have no problem with you liking BDSP.

@tekoii Thanks bud! Ah I see, he's wearing a scarf and earmuffs actually!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Tyranexx

@tekoii I nearly picked up the game much sooner and am glad I waited. Honestly, I prefer the DLC approach overall, though I do wish they'd just spend a little more time and release all the content in the base game...but those days appear to be waning. I very rarely buy anything Day 1 anymore in case a good deal comes up, and due to backlog. Flapple would've been nice too, but I do like how defensive Appletun is, especially since it can learn Recover.

I've been making an effort to check out game genres I'm less familiar with. I finished DDLC earlier and quite enjoyed it, though it's a game I'd only play in certain mindsets. Not sure if these are true visual novels, but I hope to dive into the Ace Attorney series before long as well.

@Eel I'd normally be suspicious about that one, but if it's directly through Amazon, it's hard to see how that purchase would go wrong unless something happens during the shipping process. ~$100 seems to be the norm for some of those games, particularly when I looked into buying Apollo Justice. I'll either cave for that one digitally on 3DS or keep my fingers crossed that Capcom eventually ports the other AA games to the Switch.

@MarioLover92 Playing games and doing the occasional "kiddie" thing keeps me young lol. Or it at least keeps me from turning into [insert boring adult stereotype of choice here]. The only amusement park rides I gotta be careful with are the ones that spin with a lot of force; I don't become ill, but it causes a lot of pressure to build up in my head. If I'm not careful, I can end up with a pretty bad headache.

I admit I'm a little more biased towards the Zelda series, but I do enjoy a certain portly plumber as well. It's extremely difficult for me to name my favorite Zelda title; so many of them are excellent. It's much easier for me to name my least favorites, but the irony is most of those are still decent games. The series sets quite a high bar.

@TheJGG The feedback is appreciated! Point by point:

• The theater setup certainly brought out a lot of the soundtrack and environmental cues in full force! I love how Zimmer integrated the Thumper into some of the tracks. I totally agree that this is one of his best scores, at least compared to his previous work that I've had the pleasure to listen to. I do also agree that a few tracks became a bit repetitive, but this honestly barely registered to me. XD
  • I enjoyed a lot of the visuals, and especially some of the wide pan shots. I'll have to search that video on Dune's VFX work as it sounds like an interesting watch! I generally enjoy CGI, but there are definitely some movies that use it very well, whereas it falls flat in others.
  • Agreed, most of the cast played their roles very well. I'll admit, I'm not very familiar with with the work of most of the main actors outside of Oscar Isaac (I have GOT to watch Aquaman), but they were clearly chosen with great care.
  • I will very impatiently (or forcibly yet patiently) wait for Part 2 lol.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

Screw you absol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Sunsy

@tekoii Haven't been out much lately, the few times I had to step out of my home, it's been chilly. Cocoa or tea while gaming is always a good time.

@thiz- It's alright.

@MarioLover92 You're welcome. Getting busy does happen with me too. Maybe I'll drop in in Mario Kart or something that has a join friend option, worst case scenario, Animal Crossing mail, lol. I wonder why Switch Online is the only thing I'm critical over.

Seeing the post thiz made is why I said what I said the other day, I've dealt with people who just got annoyed at me for enjoying games I liked on other forums I've been to, and I just appreciate how much friendlier these forums are.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ogo79

Eel wrote:

Hi @ogo79

hello there my slimy friend

MarioLover92 wrote:

@ogo79 (in Mario's voice) Hello!

hey

Snatcher wrote:

@ogo79 Hi dude! Drop in more often! its nice to hear from you.

i know its been a few already...nice avatar btw

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 Hello How are you? Any new skeletons to show us?

yeah quite a few lol
@Sunsy
whats up

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

@ogo79 Thank you, I happy you like it!

I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone !
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes

"You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round" 🎶🎵

Anti-Matter

Pizzamorg

This week is the last full week of my twenties. I feel old. It is funny too, in real time it feels like not much happens. Especially during these Covid times. However, looking back, it’s kinda crazy to think of all of I’ve been through over the last decade and how I’ve evolved. I really hope my thirties are a quieter time.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

thiz-

Just got my 2cnd vaccine shot. Now I am supposed to be safe till May'22, lets hope by then its going to be a lot better of a situation. Germany was hit really bad with this fourth wave, its like everyone town is completely swamped with flu.

thiz-

Pizzamorg

BruceCM wrote:

Happy upcoming birthday, then, @Pizzamorg ....

Thank you (:

thiz- wrote:

Just got my 2cnd vaccine shot. Now I am supposed to be safe till May'22, lets hope by then its going to be a lot better of a situation. Germany was hit really bad with this fourth wave, its like everyone town is completely swamped with flu.

Congrats! My 2nd jab was actually not as bad as my first, although I heard many who had the Pfizer were the other way around. Now just need to wait for the new year to get my booster.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Sunsy

Being quite possibly the only Trolls fan here, I have to say it! The Trolls 3 announcement made my day! Feels good to get that off my chest, I'm really happy about this.

@ogo79 Not too much is up, just did some stuff around home to prepare for the upcoming holidays and one of my favorite movies is getting a sequel. Doing good today. Hope things are good with you.

@Pizzamorg Happy early Birthday to you!

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic