Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,321 to 54,340 of 96,467

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter You're making me hungry again! XD

@ogo79 Duly noted on @Zuljaras, especially if their excellent figurine craftsmanship is anything to go by! As for Home Alone 2's Pigeon Lady, she's actually my main contact. Though we're still negotiating on bird feed prices and avian comfort while shipping.

@MarioLover92 I've been told I'd like the Uncharted and God of War series, particularly the latter since I like Greek/Roman mythology. Just never have gotten around to giving them a try unfortunately. I do like 3D platformers, as long as they aren't insane collect-a-thons. To be honest, that's one of the reasons why I haven't played games like Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong 64. Truth be told, I decided to choose between Crash and Spyro, and the latter won out for now. Even though bandicoots are cool, I much prefer dragons. I've also heard that the Spyro games are a bit more polished.

I've actively tried to block out some of high school lol. The good news is that time helps soften some of the insanity of that time period. We didn't have anything to do with engineering; the closest was probably some of the stuff the Industrial Tech students got into. We did have to take some tougher science courses before graduating however, including a combination chemistry and physics class, split up by semesters. I liked the lab days, but really disliked the homework. With math, word problems can be a pain for sure! I can usually figure most of them out, but most of them read like "If Tim has pie, and gives fifty-five slices to Francine's dog, then why are doors yellow, and why do Bob's pants DJ The Wiggles on Mondays?" XD

I loved ALBW, dare I say even a small percentage more than ALttP? Both are excellent games, but the former wins out with character development in my book. I might pick up New Leaf before long if I can still find a copy nearby, but it isn't on my "have to have" list...at least not anytime soon.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

I'm playing Skylanders Spyro's Adventure PS3, currently at Creepy Citadel and second time i heard about "Citadel" word as i have ever heard from Dragon Quest Builders 2 too.
Is Citadel always associated with creepy castle place ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

A Citadel is usually a town/settlement set within the walls of a fortress. So… Like a very big castle with houses inside. I suppose.

They’re probably usually creepy because they fit the typical haunted castle stereotype.

The word itself sounds a bit creepy on its own.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jedgamesguy

Saw the film “The Green Knight” last night. A decent film but sometimes it was so poorly executed.

I had to read a few articles explaining the themes of the plot to truly understand what was going on. The cinematography is good but it drags on so much to the point it becomes self indulgent. Like one scene where Sir Gawain (played by Dev Patel) is tied up on the ground and the camera slowly pans around 360 degrees… three times. That’s almost two minutes of absolutely nothing happening and it didn’t even do anything to enhance the story.

The ending comes across like an afterthought too. In the source work Gawain is only given a light neck injury because the whole thing was a test of his valour, highlighting his journey and his change from a selfish, self-serving man to a true knight. In the film he gets killed anyway, not allowing his subtle character growth to mean anything. It’s like David Lowery (the director of Pete’s Dragon) ran out of budget just as he was shooting the end so he had to improvise.

Overall an 8/10 from me. Anyone else seen it?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Snatcher I haven't played Jak 2 for so long, I really should get back to it sometime. I never beat it back then but I did play a good amount of it.

@Sunsy I remember that my PlayChoice-10 had Super Mario Bros. 2 and Metroid on it. I think Contra was one of those games as well. My arcade had a Vs. Super Mario Bros. cabinet too. Did you know that VSMB got a rerelease on the Switch eShop? I was pretty surprised that a good chunk of Nintendo's arcade games came out on there. The SMB3 history video I saw was from Gaming Historian, he has done some really good videos.

@Tyranexx Yeah I did hear that the PS1 Spyro games are better overall. Really wish I played more of them as a kid, but I did get a sneak peek at them via the demos on some of the Crash games. I played the demos of Spyro 1 and 2 via Crash Bandicoot: Warped and Crash Team Racing, respectively. I did have Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly when I was younger - I didn't think it was that bad as a kid, though right now, I'm well aware of its many faults. Even back then, I came across a glitch where you'd keep charging at this metal gate and you'd eventually go through it. Great game, huh?

Though I do have a lot of nostalgia for Donkey Kong 64, it's honestly not one of my favorites. I like its worlds and running around in them, though I would streamline the character-switching mechanic. Rather than having to rely on those Tag Barrels, I'd have a button to switch between all the kongs - that would have made exploring the stages a smoother experience. I remember that game being pretty frustrating as a kid too, especially with those stupid minigames. (Beaver Bother, I'm looking at you.) Those were by far my least favorite part of the game, and they can repeat quite a bit too. I didn't beat the game until much later. And that is solely because I couldn't beat the Donkey Kong arcade game as a kid. They literally expect you to beat it like twice to get the Nintendo Coin, which along with the Rareware Coin and 100 Golden Bananas I believe, is required to face King K. Rool. And the DK arcade game only gives you one life. ONE LIFE!!! Rare just could not help themselves in making DK64 the way it was, I guess...I found the game surprisingly unforgiving.

Yeah, agreed on the word problems in math textbooks. They made them sound insanely complex, lol. I can handle the vast majority of the regular math problems, at least. I did take a couple science courses in high school, and even meteorology at one point. Didn't take physics until my college days, which I heard is harder than starting physics in high school.

Oh that's cool - I still think ALttP is my favorite Zelda game, but ALBW is really close. Might be interchangeable at some point, depends how I'm feeling and stuff. I've been feeling that way with a couple of the Mario games too - for a time I was thinking that Super Mario 3D World might be my favorite one overall! (I still love Super Mario World though - it's definitely my favorite 2D Mario game.) Going back to Zelda, I've been wanting to get back to Minish Cap sometime. My brother played that a lot when it came out, though I haven't played too much of it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

I have finished the storyline of Skylanders Spyro's Adventure PS3 this afternoon.
Something that in my mind about Kaos as the villain.
He was like a cheap villain type with childish and immature behaviour. The way he talked was like a little bratz, kinda silly and annoying. When he get lost from battle, he will complain with childish behavior. Kinda sad to see him behave very immature. Ah, whatever. He got kicked 6 times from Sypro's Adventure until Imaginators. 🤭

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes The 24 Hours of Le Mans is on now! Are you gonna give it a watch?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

WoomyNNYes

TheJGG wrote:

@WoomyNNYes The 24 Hours of Le Mans is on now! Are you gonna give it a watch?

I was just playing some Rocket League. Oh sh-expletive!! Thanks for the heads up! I love when 24 Hours of Le Mans is on. It was so exciting several years ago when Nissan ran that pointy deltawing car. I'm assuming the hdyrogen powered prototype is running this time. Guess I need to look up what it looks like for the race.

Oh, this car paint scheme looks awesome on tv.
Untitled

Nissan deltawing (for anyone else here that doesn't know what it was. I know TheJGG knows with it is.😉)
Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Oh, the tv commentator just said the Hydrogen car has been delayed to 2024, due to covid, but there will be 3 companies doing hydrogen.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes No worries, now you’re in the thick of the action! The first hour was absolute drama, so hopefully you can catch up and enjoy some racing.

Funnily I didn’t know about the Deltawing! I’m not the biggest fan of sports cars (as I’m not a fan, not “I dislike them”) so I’m not very tuned into news that specific. I think hydrogen cars have been allowed to… what was it… compete at the front of the pack. So hydrogen tech can be in Hypercars. Awesome to hear.

After Le Mans they’re having not one but two races at the Sakhir circuit. One that’s six hours and one that’s eight. Fantastic! I can go to both and enjoy some good sounding cars!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

harrygamerstar

Should Link be right or left-handed in Zelda games. I’ve seen this topic thrown around a bit and they made Link right-handed in Skyward Sword HD I think so what does everyone think? I personally prefer right-handed because I’m right-handed so I can cosplay as him more easily

harrygamerstar

chapuH

@harrygamerstar I personally don't mind that much but as a leftie it would make me smile a little if he was left handed.

Hope you're having a good day.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Cool, yes, I do know it got a rerelease on the eShop. I'm hoping to get it one day to relive the odd time I played Vs. Super Mario Bros. in an actual arcade. It was kind of cool to stumble across it during the trip that day.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zuljaras

Link-Hero wrote:

@harrygamerstar
Who cares? Link being left or right handed does not matter in the slightest. I mean seriously, why are there people arguing over something so trivial?

Didn't you know that left/right handed representation matters!? And let's not forget that ambidextrous lives matter as well!

How insensitive can you be in this modern age!?!

Tyranexx

While Link being left or right handed isn't a big deal, earlier series games/canon had him as a leftie. It really isn't a big deal 99% of the time, though from personal experience Skyward Sword Link strikes some weird poses if you're more comfortable using your left.

@MarioLover92 Ah, I forgot some games back in the day shipped with demos as well. Outside of a couple of cereal box PC CD samples, that wasn't a common occurrence since I mostly owned handhelds for years. In-game glitching can be fun to experiment with, though I always made sure I was aware of the risks before attempting something. While I have the Spyro Reignited Trilogy, I've admittedly never played a game with the dragon yet. Always liked the design and adverts though.

I've played all the 2/2.5D Donkey Kong Country platformers, but never DK64. I've seen some footage of the latter and, while aspects of it look fun, the barrel switching, mini-games, and collect-a-mania aren't really my cup of tea. I might try it eventually, so I'm avoiding those spoiler tags for now. I'd certainly snap up another polished 2D platformer though.

If only math word problems were concise and to the point instead of subjecting the human brain to word soup. The physics taught at my school was almost at a college level, so most people avoided that class. We were required to take pre-chemistry and pre-physics, however. There was also an anatomy class I'm glad I didn't take; I subbed it out for botany/zoology. Both courses involve dissecting an animal at some point, though I'll take the fetal pig we dealt with any day over the cats in the anatomy course. That spring was a warm one, and the formaldehyde smell passing by that lab for a few days was...horrible.

It's very hard for me to pick my favorite Zelda game, much less make a ranked list. Both ALttP and ALBW would make it towards the top half at least. It's much easier for me to rank the titles I'm not as stoked about. Minish Cap is a very good game, kinda short for a Zelda game, but very well put together. My favorite Mario titles are still Super Mario World (2D) and Super Mario Galaxy (3D), though Odyssey, SM3DW, SMB3, and Galaxy 2 are up there as well.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

@Tyranexx lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

Untitled
halloween is upon us...time for color changing leaves and escaping the heat. dont mind me im just watching with the eyes that follow...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

@ogo79
I met talking skeleton T-Bone from Skylanders Spyro's Adventure PS3.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

Zuljaras wrote:

Link-Hero wrote:

@harrygamerstar
Who cares? Link being left or right handed does not matter in the slightest. I mean seriously, why are there people arguing over something so trivial?

Didn't you know that left/right handed representation matters!? And let's not forget that ambidextrous lives matter as well!

How insensitive can you be in this modern age!?!

Cancel! Cancel! How dare you discriminate against lefties!

But really though, I didn't even realise Link was left-handed until I played Twilight Princess HD. And he's been right handed for the last two console Zelda games anyway.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Eel

Then there’s Twilight Princess on the Wii where they flipped the entire game just so they could make Link right handed.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic