Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,301 to 54,320 of 96,315

jedgamesguy

Ghost of Tsushima drops tomorrow! Can't wait to mash the photo mode button and enjoy silky smooth visuals once again!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Tendo64

Anti-Matter wrote:

This was my drawing lesson for grade 1 - 3 this afternoon. I drew cute tropical fruits.
Untitled

You are very artistic!!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Snatcher

@Zuljaras May I see it?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

Something wrong with this website page layout.
It still displayed as Desktop mode in my handphone that should be displayed as Handphone mode even i didn't set to Desktop mode. Moderators should check this issue.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

Apologies for being a bit late to respond, ended up playing some games yesterday because I felt like it. Going to quote, to make it easier to respond.

dmcc0 wrote:

@Sunsy I regret selling my original Dreamcast when I did - I had a pretty good collection and some games that now go for crazy amounts used so will likely never be able to replace them - stuff like Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but I probably played Virtua Tennis, Soul Calibur and Metropolis Street Racer the most. They weren't too expensive to replace. I'm still slowly trying to rebuild what I can of the collection and maybe pick up the odd thing missed out on as well.
I went back and played Sonic Adventure recently and it hasn't aged well - the controls are horrible. Virtua Tennis still plays great though - perfect arcade-style sports game and still looks pretty good too considering its age.

Cool. Dreamcast is honestly what helped get me into more of Sega's games. I was into Sonic before, but playing Dreamcast more and more got me into games like Phantasy Star Online (which later led me to the classic RPG series), various racing games like Sega GT, and arcade ports like House of the Dead 2 (even had the light guns for it). Also, Chu Chu Rocket ended up being a fun puzzler, even if I didn't have online on my Dreamcast at all.

It's been awhile since I've played Sonic Adventure, last time I did was the DX remake. Though, I still have my Dreamcast originals. Most Sonic I've been playing lately is almost every version of the original game. Recently I've beaten Sonic 1 on GameCube, GBA, 3DS, Switch, mobile and the Steam version. Though the Switch version is the first time I played the arcade Mega Play version.

Hope you rebuild your Dreamcast library.

MarioLover92 wrote:

I should mention that my arcade has the PlayChoice-10 cabinet too, that was literally the first time I saw it in person.

Oh wow, I'm not the only one who ever seen a PlayChoice-10 cabinet. I remember once seeing one at a local pizzeria and playing Super Mario 3 on it. I was unaware Nintendo had arcade games at that point too, I just thought they were home systems at the time.

ogo79 wrote:

gotta make ourselves happy by any means.

Very much agreed.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Zuljaras

Snatcher wrote:

@Zuljaras May I see it?

It is this one I made for the LRG Castlevania contest.

Untitled

I decided to give it to a YouTube content creator that I really like. He really likes Castlevania games too as his best works is the Castlevania timeline videos.

PS: damn it is hard to post from my phone and find links to my stuff online. I am on vacation and still want to post here

Edited on by Zuljaras

dmcc0

@Anti-Matter I had the same issue on Pure Xbox the other week - randomly change even though browser was set to mobile. Nintendo Life and Push Square worked fine. Scrolling to the bottom of the page (the red bit) and toggling Desktop Version / Mobile Version fixed it for me. No idea why it had changed though šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

dmcc0

WoomyNNYes

Anti-Matter wrote:

Something wrong with this website page layout.
It still displayed as Desktop mode in my handphone that should be displayed as Handphone mode even i didn't set to Desktop mode. Moderators should check this issue.

If you contract nintendolife to report the issue, tell them your phone OS(android, apple) and which browser you're using, so they can try to recreate & confirm the issue. Ant Dickens will probably reply.

Desktop vs mobile mode may be tied to your cookies, maybe clearing your cookies and restarting your browser may clear the issue? (disregard if you've done that already.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I hope he likes it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Well the test happened. It wasā€¦ probably the best COVID test Iā€™ve ever taken, out of the five or six tests weā€™ve had so far during this whole pandemic. Dad had it quite badly, he complained of aching and headaches for a whole day, and by contrast I was completely fine. Glad it happened, it was really painless. Drive in, check your IDs, queue up and get tested. All of which is done in your car, since itā€™s way too hot to force people to do anything outside at the moment (though it has gotten just a little bit cooler. Maybe 107 degrees compared to 110). I took the opportunity to blast some songs from ā€œNo Manā€™s Skyā€, absolute sci-fi bliss.

Eh, itā€™ll be what itā€™ll be. Iā€™ve had to put up with many of them in my time, especially trips where we travelled from hotel to hotel. The airports Iā€™ve been to mostly donā€™t charge, so thatā€™s airports like Dubai, London Heathrow, Switzerland, and more. Very fair assessment on delayed messages; if only more people were like that nowā€¦ because we have this lovely money-spinner called ā€œaeroplane Wi-Fiā€. The airports in Africa especially have a lot of mandatory scannings, because of terrorism and whatnot, whenever coming home at times we had to have two or three scans between the duty-free shopping area and the interior of the departure gate. I read that Hartsfield-Jackson-Atlantaā€™s airport has the most travellers going through annually, somewhere in the region of 100 million people a year. Itā€™s the main hub of the Delta airline, you say? At this rate that wonā€™t be the only Delta swarming around that placeā€¦

Iā€™ll hopefully find some time to sit down and see an episode or two of Game of Thrones in the coming weeks. One qualm I could have though, is the length of the episodes, since they all span at least an hour. But weā€™ll see about that. Iā€™ve managed to write some more ā€œXenobladeā€ today; itā€™s now clocked in at just under seventy pages. Iā€™m surprised how long it is already, though Iā€™m sure itā€™ll get much harder as the cast grows and stuffā€¦ actually starts happening. Also the matter of romance pairings; Iā€™m a Shulk/Melia fan as far as that goes. Their chemistry is sooo cute!~

Iā€™m also inclined to agree that car racing falls underā€¦ racing. That category has a lot of mutations and subdivisions, like casual games (like the ones youā€™d find on shudder iOS devices), all the way up to full simulation games. Iā€™m a bit in the middle, though leaning a bit towards sim. I just want to ā€œgetā€ into a car and drive, without having to do anything silly or spend time doing things like warming up tyres and whatnot! I played Project CARS the other day and at one point I had set a time good enough for last place, because I didnā€™t warm up my tyres well enough. Soā€¦ complicated. But honestly, racing games feel like the best sports games, even from an unbiased point of view. Because they donā€™t always rely on people, and licenses are a bit easier to sort out. Plus driving games are rarely released yearly, meaningā€¦ better games overall. And overallā€¦ Iā€™m also miffed I didnā€™t get that golf ballā€™s odyssey on camera. Made up for that with some quad-biking with a GoPro attached to the handlebars.

See, cold weather makes for some absolutely gorgeous scenery. Iā€™ve been messing around in photo modes in various games, and snow scenery is second to none in terms of natural beauty and colour. Ghost of Tsushimaā€™s coming out tomorrow so that means more chances to take some great photos. In real life thoughā€¦ itā€™s much worse. Iā€™ve been in below-freezing environments and itā€™s not that badā€¦ until the wind picks up, at which point it becomes agony. Same if itā€™s just near freezing, and instead of snow you just get really horrible rain. Weā€™ve already started planning our Christmas and summer holidays for this ā€œwinterā€ and next year respectively, and the main objective is to get the hell outta Dodge. Weā€™re thinking about the US for the summer, namely going coast to coast in an RV. Just like Nintendo of America founder Minoru Arakawa back in the seventies!

Oh dearā€¦ that sounds awful. Hopefully nobody was hurt then. I would say ā€œhopefully nothing was damagedā€ but it seems that would be a very silly thing to say! I nearly did that in middle school but one of my classmates managed to stop me before I blew up the cafeteria. Lucky me, because I then did it many more times. I enjoyed the combo of chocolate and peanut butter immensely, two contrasting ingredients really, one would make my dog incredibly happy and the otherā€¦ would make him sick. Like mixing cyanide and happine- no, I donā€™t even like that series why did I say that?! Probably should have celebrated national sā€™mores day appropriately though. Maybe next year Iā€™ll eat nothing but sā€™mores for all three meals.

No need to worry at all about watching the MCU films as they came out, though Iā€™m admittedly a bit worried that we wonā€™t get as many cinematic releases now because of the way theyā€™re going with their gazillion Disney+ shows. Thereā€™s a few films coming out soon Iā€™m definitely gonna try and see in cinemas, namely Dune, No Time to Die (Iā€™ve gotten a bit obsessed with James Bond lately, especially the title sequences for the Craig films. Seen those films?), and maybe that Latin-themed Disney animated film if that comes out this year. Some of the actors have been incredible for MCU films though, and a few of them feel like they were born to play their role. RDJ as Iron Man, Chris Evans and Hemsworth for Cap and Thor respectively, and to an extent Black Widow and Thanos. Did you hear that Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney? Thatā€™s a controversial one, which we discussed furiously at home.

My scheduleā€™s on hiatus for the moment. My next planned full game purchase (that isnā€™t a Directorā€™s Cut upgrade) is F1 2021, though Iā€™d like a discount on it soon considering Ā£59.99 is a steep ask. Death Stranding next month, Iā€™ve already gotten into the mood by listening to some music from the game and watching some cutscenes again, and Ghost of Tsushima tomorrow of course. One thing I could look into is ā€œDreamsā€, the game creation tool. As I showed with Mario Maker Iā€™m an appalling level designer but playing other peoplesā€™ games is interesting enough. Best of luck attacking the Professor Layton series, your passion for itā€™s been evident, so I hope youā€™ll enjoy it.

No problem there, itā€™s always interesting to hear fresh takes on it. I was a bit into the theory that Kojima was behind it all along but if it is really him heā€™s doing a very good job of taking the mickey out of it. Iā€™m just gonna be a neutral bystander in this whole fiasco, hopefully it either blows over or is actually Kojima. Either way Iā€™m sinking another sixty hours into his game in September though.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Oh really? I know that Grand Theft Auto first made it big back when I was in my early 10s, and I was into Sonic the Hedgehog and Crash Bandicoot at that time. I got into Mega Man afterward, and to this day my only exposure to the GTA games was when I played GTA3 by a freak accident when I was 9. I guess from here on, I got to the point where I just enjoy Nintendo games more than anything else, alongside many retro games and platformers. I do have a soft spot for old-school PlayStation games though - PS1 and PS2 games in particular. I did play a few of the newer PlayStation games out of curiosity, which were Uncharted and God of War (PS4), but for some reason, I didn't get into them.

If you're a fan of 3D platformers, I think you'll dig the Jak series. Would be cool if they remade all the games for the PS5 or something. I never got the N. Sane Trilogy on Switch, but I do have it on PC and I love it. I'm sure it's just as good on the Switch, it's just that the visuals and loading times might take a hit. I've been meaning to play more of Spyro Reignited Trilogy as well, which I also have on PC. I ended up getting Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled on Switch, since that never came out on Steam. There's obviously no PS4-exclusive content, but it still plays really well on Switch. Only the loading times are a bit long and it runs in 720p.

Ah okay, I don't remember much from my high school days but I definitely remember that I had to take some kind of engineering class when I was in 11th grade. I didn't take any math courses at that time. Though I'm pretty decent at math myself, the one thing I cannot stand are those word problems...those are an absolute nightmare, lol. I pretty much have to get a tutor to help me out on those.

I didn't spend too much time on ALBW's Hero Mode, when I replayed it I just started a new file so I just played it on normal difficulty. Might delve into it proper sometime. New Leaf is still an excellent game, I've been playing it for a nice change of pace after I spent like 500 hours of my life playing New Horizons. But as mentioned earlier, I keep forgetting to play it, lol. So I won't blame you if you end up in that situation.

@Sunsy Wow that's cool, lucky us. I would play SMB3 on it as well, I would try to finish as many levels as I could before time ran out. I think that was how we got to play it for the first time, before the game came out on NES? I could be wrong on that. I do know that it took a really long time for it to get released, and I also know of The Wizard, that movie that was themed around NES games.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

Zuljaras wrote:

@ogo79 what is a "boex"?

Also your figure was so much faster than the other one i've sent. The other guy still did not get his. It is still in Chicago:D

hahahaha there was a trolling person on here that made some funny jokes and typed the word "box" like "boex" and it was great
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/-need_someone_to_pick_up_boexes_for_recycling-
cant get link to work for some reason

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

I bought a white Kindle (basic model) šŸ˜€

I already have a generation 3 Paperwhite, which is technically better than this one, and still works wonderfully. But this white one looks so cute and I had one of those ā€œI donā€™t need it but I want itā€ spells, also it was on discountā€¦ So I figured I might as well just buy it.

Since itā€™s smaller than the one I have, and also cheaper, this new one will become my travel unit.

I also bought The Shining, to celebrate. It was also on discount.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 Jack 2 is hell, and I love it.

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I had on a YouTube video about Super Mario 3's history that mentioned it first debuted as a PlayChoice-10 game. Now I'm trying to remember what other games were on the one I found. All I remember is playing Super Mario 3 on it.

This also reminds me of the time I found and played a Vs. Super Mario Bros. machine. I remember that day, family took a trip to Atlantic City, mom took my brother and I to the arcade there. Played a couple of games including Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 and Vs. Super Mario Bros. Also, I was that one kid there in a Sonic shirt playing a Super Mario game. XD This was during the mid 90's too, lol.

Cool, I don't think I've seen The Wizard fully aside from the Super Mario Bros 3 scene. Nickelodeon aired the movie once and I came in on that part.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

Phew...
Finally the page display returned into Mobile version after i found Mobile version button at the bottom of this website. šŸ˜…

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic