Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,341 to 54,360 of 55,764

VoidofLight

I forgot how terrifying the EAS warnings were until I decided to watch cable for the first time in years. One test was performed in the middle of the night for some reason, and it made me regret staying up this late.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Oh man I hate it when it happens, I know why, but still, it freaks me the hell out.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Same. The robotic voice doesn’t calm the nerves either. I have a slight fear of it honestly, and I hate it when you hear a landline phone read a super long number or title from which the number came.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Ya, It why I like the tv to be off before I go to sleep, but if I get unlucky, well.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Snatcher

So uh, my switch lite sticks were still doing that strange non reading thing, so I looked more into it, and Most people that had it, had it right out of the box, I didn't, I'm a year and a half in to my lites life, So I ended up seeing some won say its dust, and all they did was spin the stick for 15 min, guess what?

It sort of worked? I mean its still there, its just, not as bad to the point that it will ruin game play, if it comes back in a bad way, I will give it a really good cleaning.

Sunsy

@SM3DASislit Very good to know. I really wouldn't want to get banned from the game, just for checking my friends list, I'm happy they fixed that after season 4 or 5. I can understand disconnecting mid-game and getting a penalty, but checking something while in the lobby waiting, that's something else since the game hasn't started yet.

@ogo79 I can't help but agree because Snapple Apple is almost always my choice the few times I have Snapple.

@Snatcher Bad joke, bad pun, yet I like it.

Sunsy

bimmy-lee

Can’t believe people still believe the trash they read on Twitter. Attention trolls should be purposely starved. One time in the grocery check out line, I saw a headline that someone found a bat boy in a cave in Brazil. Must be true since someone wrote it. Had nothing to do with selling copies of the rag it was written in. That was some time ago, I suppose he’s a bat man now.

@ogo79 - Apple Snapple is so good, I haven’t seen that flavor in a long time. Here’s one for you, do you remember iced tea flavored Gatorade? That stuff was chronic!

@Tyranexx - Love some CCP, I’m a fan of most cream pies. And fruit pies. And pie. Not really a cake person though. I understand the small school thing well, I vaguely remember having a conversation where I had a bigger graduating class than you, but not by much. I had teachers in high school who taught my parents. Some of them occasionally called me by my dad’s name by mistake. Small town livin!

Yeah, the water geyser was a real treat for Bim Jr. I honestly had no idea it could come blasting up through a handle like that, but it sure did. Luckily I have an awesome plumber who’s had to come out to my place MANY times. He showed up within a couple hours, replaced a bad component, put my handle back together and fixed the drip for $60. Money well spent. Most plumbers around here have a $100 charge to show up.

So when you say “developer”, do you code programs or systems for workspace solutions, or is it website development, both, something else entirely? Forgive my ignorance, and you certainly don’t need to go into great detail if it’s not something you want to share. I used to work in digital publishing and learned a bit about html markup and some other behind the scenes stuff involved in maintaining websites, but I mostly worked with the authors in editing their text.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee I had that copy of the newspaper. It was the national enquirer. My dad and I were so enthralled we took weeks, months maybe off school and work to find this bat boy. We did not find this bat boy. All we found was guano. Perhaps we were on his trail?

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@bimmy-lee Except the Chris Chan thing is real, since there’s actual footage and voice recordings I’m pretty sure.

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - You were so close! No doubt you were right on his tail. If only you had one more month to spend searching for this boy. This bat boy could’ve made you millions had you captured him so you could collect and sell all that guano. Perhaps you could even afford hard to get Amiibo and OLEDs. You could buy many Ks with this money. Four, maybe even eight of them.

@VoidofLight - Please, I wouldn’t waste a second of my life on it. No idea what the story is, I don’t want to know, and I don’t want to read that name again. You’re a rube if you’re invested in it though.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

I got a rare Yokai from Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS, it looked like a Pandora's Box monster.
I named it with XBOX ONE LOL 😂
Untitled

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I looked at the text, I have looked at the recording, Its **** real.

Eel

Sigh I’m a little sad. I made the huge mistake of updating my cheap little windows tablet.

Well, after the update it just… Lost it. No more sound, no more touch screen, the battery works but there’s no way to check the percentage, the brightness is stuck on max level with no way to change it, and it no longer detects the micro sd card or any external storage.

Of course the website of the manufacturer is no help since they don’t have any active links for the drivers, and even the drivers I found online for it refuse to get installed.

Sigh. Well it was nice while it lasted. Now it’s just a bad little desktop.

I would try to wipe it and reinstall windows from scratch, but with no access to external storage that might end up just bricking it even more.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TheJGG

Crazy few days, especially today; it was my mother’s birthday. We celebrated it by spending three hours looking for her by the beach, but we managed to clear things up. I’m all for adventure but this is a step too far!

@Tyranexx I got a bit anxious when I found out that you could only be allowed onto the golf course if you had basic competence with a golf club. Today I finished my fifth round of proper golf, complete with a range of clubs, a set number of balls and hazards like rivers and lakes. Though it was quite hot we managed to finish the game in good time (7:45-9:30), though I came away with a wine glass’ worth of sweat off my forehead. It’s very difficult to perform even at a marginally competent level, because a golf swing’s such a split-second action that I’d say it’s luck of the draw what would happen to me. I only lost two balls though so I see that as an absolute win.

As for trying foods, that brings me to an interesting trend. I arrived at 12:30am yesterday, and before we came, there was a flight here from Germany, AND from Austria. The resort chain’s German so naturally there were a lot of foreigners. Disturbingly they didn’t wear masks, though to enter the country you’d need a vaccine or a negative COVID test. This became all too apparent when I went down for breakfast yesterday morning, where I think I had some kind of panic attack. Seeing so many people, without masks as well, was extremely stressful. Strangely I’ve never been like this in crowds, as much as I dislike them, so I’d imagine this was a side effect of being without human company outside my family for the better part of eighteen months.

I’m the opposite on that one, very much a morning person. Helps me a lot that I’m not a disaster when getting out of bed; because it means I get to skip the crowds when going for breakfast. I haven’t hit the gym with strangers around yet but I doubt I’d be willing to do much around them. I’m really used to hitting the pool at six in the morning so it’s turned me into an early riser. Oo-bisoft, that’s how I pronounce Ubisoft too; it’s the correct way after all! I’ve mispronounced dozens of words since my last post so I’m letting down my English mastery.

Funny we talk of chocolate because we managed to buy a large packet of assorted mini chocolate bars while at the airport the other day. There was a dark-chocolate (and almond) type, plus a variant of white chocolate, and Reese’s peanut butter cups; something I haven’t had in almost two years. Enjoyed it deeply but unfortunately they’re all gone now. Can’t say I’ve heard of that brand, and I’ve done my fair share of shopping for cocoa-based confectionaries. A German brand of chocolate I’m familiar with is Milka, they have… varied ranges of chocolate. Though some of them are so nuanced and overly specific that I wouldn’t have them in my older age. I’ve had my fair share of Arabic goods so far, a lot of them seem to involve dates, so that’s sticky toffee pudding at the very least.

Ooh that’s excellent to hear! Not to bash your choice at all but I found the third album to be the most… boring to listen to, in that the amount of decent songs is very little compared to their better albums. Technologic is one I liked a bit, to the point I was able to recite all the lyrics in perfect order. Robot Rock is great too, if a bit repetitive, and I’m sure there’s one or two more. I’d say Discovery and R.A.M. are their best ones because one’s focused on sampling, and the other live studio instruments. The combination is a joy to listen to; and they handled live instruments really well. Thanks for sharing your insights, I look forward to the next instance! Light comedy is the greatest strength of Scott the Woz indeed, though I agree that there’s not much the Twilight Princess HD port could have done for Wii remote support.

I’ve warmed up to Skyward Sword HD’s button controls, partially due to my laziness at home and also due to necessity that comes with travelling. It really gets the job done, so I can really appreciate the execution of it all. Had no problems doing Silent Realms, dungeons, puzzles and bosses. Though whenever I’m freefalling through the sky if I tilt the control stick upwards I end up doing a pike-style dive to speed up. But yeah I refought Tentalus, and I’m at the entrance of the Fire Sanctuary. I say though, the Sandship is one of the best dungeons I’ve ever done. All the ways to shift time, by shooting an arrow through a vent, and such, is super intuitive. I do feel like Skyward Sword’s dungeon design leaves something on the table in terms of creativity though. Some of the puzzles are well thought out but other segments are just straight lines in terms of destinations and solutions.

Another strong incentive for me to get The World Ends With You then. I’ll look forward to when I’ll be able to fully understand what you mean when alluding to Neku’s journey. Xenoblade’s themes of revenge, perpetual war and morality are so strong. Playing the game anew every time reveals something different and special. Death Stranding has very strong themes of paternity, bonding, connection and… death (on that note the PS5 edition releases on Sept. 24, so I’m going to relish the feeling of playing this game all over again). It also conveys the feeling of loneliness so well, through the music choice and the landscape. Persona 5 has this… really feel-good atmosphere, with some decent characters and writing, plus voice acting. And DDLC… was almost all of these rolled into one. Not that it evoked the strongest reaction from me but it was powerful either way. Hopefully you’ll be able to share your own insights on that one one day, it’s a little known secret I’d strive to share my experiences with others. Which is why I don’t spoil it; I’m not that cruel. Especially after someone thought it funny to ruin the ending of Avengers: Endgame in 2019.

Not the only one there either; I’m cursed with excellent hearing. I’d often walk up on my family as they’d talk about me, and then they’d pretend like they’re talking about something big. That, paired with my quiet gait, makes for some excellent espionage indeed. Safe to say we’ve all suffered thanks to this pandemic, as I found out as alluded to earlier. I’ve never been good with people but I’ve found a whole new level of bad in that respect. A trick I’ve tried when presenting is to close your eyes and breathe. Though my style is to use minimal slide content and focus more on the oral content. I remember when I was delivering a presentation on my analysis of Spirited Away, someone was talking in the background and completely wrecked my train of tangent. I then spent a good ten seconds trying to remember what I had been trying to say… it was a very awful day!

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

TheJGG

@Eel That’s rubbish luck, I’m sorry to hear that. At this point anything’s a solution, so if you have nothing of importance on it, do consider wiping it clean.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

MarioLover92

@Anti-Matter Oh that's cool your cousin's interested in the Switch. I use Steam as well, though I've been finding myself playing the Switch more.

@Tyranexx That's funny you brought up the wooden coasters, that's what I've been on and it wasn't a pleasant experience for me, lol. I might like the more modern ones more - preferably if they're not too high at least!

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

CactusMan

@Eel Dang that´s hard. Restoring it to factory settings won´t help. Only thing I can think of is flashing Android on the deviece to retain those functionalities. This sucks.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

Eel

I’ll continue experimenting with it. I’ll tell y’all if it gets better or worse.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

Sorry to hear, @Eel. How old was the tablet?

Extreme bicycle rider
Rocket League (platinum 3/diamond 1 3v3)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic