Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,161 to 54,180 of 55,539

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 I know right? its so much fun to chat with them.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

ogo79

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - I loved that cartoon and toy line man! I’ve always been a big Toxie guy. I had quite a few of the figures as well. The details are amazing. That was at the tail end of my earnest toy collecting, but I had quite a few of them. Good stuff.

i really love bonehead. since i was a kid ive been primarily a skeleton toy person so obviously hes the only one i had. each toyline, if there was a skeleton id only pick that one. so i had/have a mixed toyline of random skeleton figures from different companies lol
i never realized how brutal the movie was either lol

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

so heres the holy grail of action figure toy collecting
https://www.ebay.com/itm/294280536933?hash=item44847ca365:g:A...
$4,995.00 or "make offer"
Untitled
Untitled
"unfortunately this guy is very, very, very… very hard to find. chances to hunt him down for an affordable price in the wild are probably 1:1.000.000. ebay prices are a month’s rent. dethlor is the holy grail of motu ko collecting par excellence."

...there are so many replicas of him out there these days its almost a shame to drop 5 grand on this.
his body is filled with water, and theres a button on his back that you press and glitter flows through his body.
i bet he wont even take 2 grand...

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

Guys, i want to ask your opinion if i choose these games for XBOX: Vexx (by Akklaim) & Dr. Muto (by Midway)
Untitled

Untitled

They are rated Teen games, but looking at the gameplay they are somewhat between E10+ & Teen games. I heard Dr. Muto was really difficult platformer game. Explain me about those games.
And also, looking at who are the developer & publisher for those games (i have never bought and play any games from those companies) , do you think i was crazy to choose those games with darker theme due to my initial gaming preferences was mostly about rainbow, girlie girlie and kiddies ?
Or should i forget those games for my safety and avoid some unpleasant experience ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

CactusMan

@Anti-Matter I owned Vexx on the Game Cube years ago. It´s a nice kind of platform game with some nice combat. As far as being dark goes I don´t think it´s darker than Ray-Man or Banjo-Kazooie, but I might be a bad judge on that subject. Vexx isn´t to expensive, you might just give it a try.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

Anti-Matter

@CactusMan
Was Vexx easy enough for casual player ?
Can i revisit the same places again after finishing the storyline ?
I have experienced with bad platformer games like Chicken Little PS2 that the game was really hard at the end of chapter and there was no revisit places after finishing the game, The End and done.
Also, Scaler was on my consideration.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Old Xbox game art, that takes me back, not to far actually.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

ogo79

and i quote:
"Adult collectors who deal with people telling them to grow up, remember this: those who allow their inner child to die are the same ones who develop crippling addictions because, at some point, someone made them feel as if they were too old for the things they loved and they turned to what was presented to them as "adult" things. I believe that those forms of addictions are often credited, somewhat, to trying to full that void that's left after we are forced to let childish things go. A child does what makes them feel happy... so, why can't we do the same as adults? As long as a man's bills are paid, his family is taken care of, and he has his house in order, it is better to spend your time on something that brings you that child-like happiness than something that gives you a momentary feeling of false happiness."
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Anti-Matter

I changed my mind about Vexx and Dr. Muto after i watched some reviews from Youtube that clearly explained something that put me in concern due to gameplay difficulty and something i will encounter during gameplay, and after some deliberation again. Sorry, i have to forget those two games.
Looks like the 12th XBOX game i can consider will be another 3D platformer game again with age rating rated E or E10+. What do you think about Scaler, guys ?
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Dogorilla

@Tyranexx Azran Legacy is nowhere near that expensive in the UK but it is certainly pricier than the DS ones. As you say though, a lot of other DS games are frustratingly expensive nowadays. It's a shame there isn't a bigger selection of DS games on Wii U VC, or any at all on the 3DS eShop.

I have a 32GB SD card for my 3DS with plenty of space still left on it, so hopefully I'll be able to download any retail 3DS games that I can't find for a good price physically, like Layton vs Wright.

Edit: This conversation led me to check the current prices for Layton vs Wright on eBay and I found one that was 'buy it now (for £55) or best offer'. I offered £45 (the game is £40 on the eShop and I thought it would be worth paying a little bit more for a physical copy), and to my surprise they actually accepted it straight away! So that's exciting, but I've been buying quite a few games recently so I should probably slow down a bit, lol. I was going to get The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles when it comes out tomorrow but I might wait a little while now.

Edited on by Dogorilla

Currently Playing:
Pikmin 3 Deluxe (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii), Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (3DS)

TheJGG

You know the upcoming Metroid fan album? Well by sheer coincidence I met with an artist who contributed to it via Discord. They shared a demo made for that project and honestly it sounds really good. Makes me wonder how good it can get, because that person worked on six of the 65 tracks.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee They do work with Switch, but I haven't actually done that yet. I was listening to music most of yesterday then watched anime before bed. Probably gonna try them with Switch after work today.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Oh I also love beat' em ups and hack n' slash games! Devil May Cry 3, at least when it came put on PS2 was really hard for me.

I definitely understand having to take a break on something when it isn't your day, specially if it's something that you really like and you consider yourself somewhat decent. There's certain games and stuff that matter more to me when results are being underwhelming.

Another advice if you ever try these games: don't play online. Like, be sure that you aren't connected at all. Most players learn this the hard way as it allows for invaders (other players) to attack you and your world. It's pretty much a part of the game and even the lore and personally I love it, but it's certainly frustrating when you progress on a certain area just to be attacked by a player when you are still getting the gripe of it.

Now that you mentioned pinball I'll probably look for a decent pinball game on Switch haha. I had Zen Pinball on 3DS and it was a blast, but I haven't got any pinball game on Switch. I might even het a physical pinball 🤔

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

MarioLover92

@Snatcher Yep, agreed. This thread is a nice contrast to the comment sections of many YouTube videos and NL's articles...things can get a little too negative for my liking.

ogo79 wrote:

and i quote:
"Adult collectors who deal with people telling them to grow up, remember this: those who allow their inner child to die are the same ones who develop crippling addictions because, at some point, someone made them feel as if they were too old for the things they loved and they turned to what was presented to them as "adult" things. I believe that those forms of addictions are often credited, somewhat, to trying to full that void that's left after we are forced to let childish things go. A child does what makes them feel happy... so, why can't we do the same as adults? As long as a man's bills are paid, his family is taken care of, and he has his house in order, it is better to spend your time on something that brings you that child-like happiness than something that gives you a momentary feeling of false happiness."

Couldn't agree with this more. Proud child at heart here.

@roy130390 I have Zen Pinball for the 3DS as well. Not sure if they made it for the Switch but that would be pretty neat. I used to have those pinball tables that are themed after Super Mario 64 and Crash Team Racing...except they're smaller than the ones in arcades and not quite as good. lol

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Google translate sucks, I translated Pokemons nine tails from french, and I got Alolan strip, The heck is an alolan strip?

Silly_G

@Snatcher : It's a median strip with palm trees.

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Snatcher

@Silly_G And why is cinderace called pyrobut?

Anti-Matter

My upper right arm felt quite sore after playing Wii Music by swinging the Wiimote quite a lot. 😩
I was making some Custom Jam with different musics and stages.
Something about stage 1 Electro Hall, it will have corresponded Nintendo games pictures on the background if you play any Nintendo games music. I saw Animal Crossing houses in 4 different seasons when playing Animal Crossing song, same thing happened with Wii Sports song (i saw 5 different sport stages).

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
I was thinking Cinderace sounds like Cinderella. 😆
I prefer its Japanese name Aceburn.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic