Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,161 to 54,180 of 96,476

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah, that really threw me off the first time playing, until I actually looked at the manual. You really had to know where each special ring was. Combine all that work with trying to get all seven emeralds with all characters, just to get Amy unlocked. Gotta feel bad for Amy fans.

Yes, the game actually saves the Chao. Once I got all the Chao, all that was needed was to find the key and go to the Special Stage spring, losing the special stage, just collect the key again. Much easier in Sonic Advance 3 because Chao are saved in the Chao Garden area (albeit it's different than the Tiny Chao Garden).

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Sunsy

@Eel Meanwhile, I was unaware they removed Tiny Chao Garden until I bought Sonic Advance 3, I remember picking up Sonic Advance 3 and the GBA port of Sonic 1 at the same time, which shows how late in the GBA lifespan I picked up the game.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Snatcher

Chao Garden is one if not like the best thing to happen to sonic, I wouldn't even play AD 2 I just took care of the chao's, I remember I had this orange one with a think a black or green top, and a evil grin on his face, good times.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

The only GBA Sonic game I ended up buying was the combo pack that came with Sonic Advance 1 and Sonic Pinball Party, imagine my amazement when I found I not only had one, but two Tiny Chao Gardens in one cartridge!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

@CactusMan I use to carry my VMU everywhere just to play Chao Adventure. VMU still ranks as the coolest memory card ever.

@Snatcher Agreed, and it also added replay value to collect little animals and chaos drives to beef up the Chao stats, and change their looks. I remember making a chao look like Nights thanks to giving it animals that increased the fly stats, or Sonic from animals that increased the speed stats.

@Eel Oh cool, I never did get that pack. I mostly got Sonic Advance 1 and Pinball Party by themselves. I knew they both had the Tiny Chao Garden, but I didn't know about the pack having both. I just thought clicking Tiny Chao Garden in that pack opened just the one mini-game.

Eel

Since the cartridge just throws the games in without any changes, both have their own unique chao garden, and it's kinda interesting because each game has a different version of the garden, with Advance 1 having the original simpler one, and Pinball Party having the updated one. Different minigames too.

Perhaps making it so both games feed your earned rings into a single garden would've been nice too. You'd have more rings for the one Chao.

On a different subject, I just found out that whenever you play a game on windows 10, the pc is always constantly recording it, so you can save the last 30 seconds of the game as video clips. That probably causes even worse performance on my cheap tablet, so I disabled that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

So, I watched Vivo on Netflix tonight. That movie actually surprised me, really nice story in the end.

@Eel That's neat. Especially since it means you can have two chao. Always thought it was shared, just never bothered with the release as I have both separately.

Tyranexx

Never did I think this thread would be so full of....
Untitled

(I won't try to run it into the ground too much lol)

@bimmy-lee First of all, good luck to Bimily as she goes to her new school! I hope all goes well on her transition back.

Agreed on practical effects; while I enjoy some forms of CGI and computer wizardry that are done well, there's something special about RL makeup effects and prosthetics. It takes more creativity and resourcefulness! I'll keep the Matrix Witch idea on the backburner for now. Maybe if the scare house is still operating by the time I'm old enough to qualify as an insane hag, I'll implement it! XD

Aaaand...Now I'm craving a pizza buffet lol.

@MarioLover92 Fall is one of my favorite seasons as well. I like the changing colors, the cool (though not cold) temps, Halloween, Thanksgiving, the fact that my lawn and any invading house bugs will soon die....

The static sound is hard to describe; you can't understand the other party at all when it happens, I think the static is actually them trying to speak. It's very annoying, and I always have to hang up when that happens. iPhone (no thanks) and Android are the two main phone OSes out in the wild, though Blackberry is trying to make a comeback again. My previous phone was actually a Windows Phone before Microsoft decided to kill any support. I loved the tile interface and camera on my Lumia Icon, but I won't deny the lack of app support made things difficult at times.

My week blew up, but I hope to catch The Suicide Squad next week, when my local theater runs $5 Tuesday. If I wait a little after a movie launches, the theater is usually pretty empty, so I can sit where I want lol. I operated like this pre-pandemic even! XD I prefer the DC Universe over Marvel overall, though I also like the latter and do like what I've watched of the MCU. As for Batman films, I've seen the entire Dark Knight trilogy but admittedly still need to watch the Tim Burton films from the late 80s-early 90s.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ogo79

@bimmy-lee

bimmy-lee wrote:

My daughter starts real, in person school tomorrow morning for the first time since March 2020, and it’s a new school for her, so she’s the new kid. She’s taking it all in stride, and this is much needed. One year of dad school is one year too many.

@Zuljaras - Nice skeleton warrior, mighty kind of you to make and ship that for ole ogo. A lot of good stuff on his shelves, that’ll fit right in.

i dont have kids but ive heard the homeschooling is rough.
obviously i hope all goes well.
things are getting chancy out here.
this world has gone from the rooter to the tooter.
wait. is this thing on?
drops beer and burns arm with cigarette
dethlor is that you baby?
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@bimmy-lee First of all, good luck to Bimily as she goes to her new school! I hope all goes well on her transition back.
@MarioLover92 Fall is one of my favorite seasons as well. I like the changing colors, the cool (though not cold) temps, Halloween, Thanksgiving, the fact that my lawn and any invading house bugs will soon die....

wait you just said Bimily, thats really great. lol
im an october born person. october/halloween is nice. in the old world, the color changing leaves, the wind, weather, foods, peoples attitudes are great.
you need to stop being so solo, and find you a companion one day to hit the pizza buffet/movies with.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

Hiya, i'm back. 😃
I got a lot of games from Tokopedia last Tuesday. First time playing Skylanders games on PS3 and Wii.
Untitled

Untitled

Oh, Mario Power Tennis was succesfully became my 7th Gamecube USA game. 😀
Robots will be my 8th Gamecube USA game once my order from playasia arrived.

And about my PS2 USA machine, i have to find the right day to bring to video games repair shop. My grief have been lifted after i got all my games order from Tokopedia and tried Skylanders Spyro's Adventure and Swap Force for the first time.
Only Trigger Happy i got the figurine with started from level 9 based from previous owner, the other figurines were at level 1 or 2 (Sypro was level 4)

One more thing....
I found from Tokopedia, another seller displayed Megaman Network Transmission Gamecube USA again ! 🤪
(with quite expensive price but still buyable)
Hopefully nobody buy that game before i will take it on October 2021. 🙏

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Have fun with Skylanders. Had fun playing Swap Force years ago, and Superchargers Racing is a rather fun spin-off. Been awhile since I've played it, but the game will give you a "clunker" vehicle for car and boat if you don't have one, though you will need a plane vehicle toy (the Wii starter set included Bowser Skylander/amiibo, and his plane). That's the only requirement IIRC.

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Yeah, i still haven't got the vehicles for Superchargers Racing as it requires 3 different type vehicles (Air, Land, Water).
The Skylanders figurines are actually pretty easy to be founded from Tokopedia but i should know which is the best looking and right choices to pick.

I have experienced by "dead" Skylanders figurine (the Swap Force figurine) which only the leg was undetected on portal but the body was detected after i swapped with other figurines. In this case, that was my Fire Skylanders Swap Force figurine from photo above.

Speaking about Skylanders series, Imaginators was the hardest and the rarest to find even from Tokopedia. Currently i found Imaginators XBOX ONE version but since i'm not looking for XBOX ONE games, i have three options (Wii U / PS3 / PS4 version) to get Imaginators. Imaginators Wii U version was quite a lot from Ebay with some make a sense prices but the PS3 / PS4 version was very hard to find or the price was too crazy.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Yup. Off the bat, SuperChargers Racing requires a plane, the two other vehicles are clunkers. Yes, you can finish the game with a plane toy and the clunker car and boat, I've finished it this way.

Figures were very common, especially here in the US. Before Toys R Us closed, they had a huge assortment of figures to choose from. Haven't been to GameStop in a very long time, so I don't know what used ones they would have.

Aww, that sounds unfortunate. Especially since you got the two figures from the Swap Force starter pack from the looks of it.

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
I want to ask about Skylanders Imaginators.
What is the purpose of creation figurines with some different elemental ?
And for Trap Team, what was that mean by trap the enemies with trap figurines ?
Are those figurines like Pokeball to catch the foes ?

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Pretty much, you can make characters as long as you have a creation crystal (this is the toy element) to that particular element. For example, I have a fire one, so I can make a fire character. I haven't played far into it as I got Imaginators before I moved, and haven't touched it much since (like other games I got at the time).

As for Trap Team, can't speak on it as I never played it. All I have is Swap Force, SuperChargers (Wii U and Racing on Wii), and Imaginators.

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone !
Take this.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic