Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 54,001 to 54,020 of 96,526

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Oh so the modern ones are pretty much better, then. That's good to hear. And yeah, I don't like heights very much. I think the mid-level coasters would be best for me, if I do decide to take roller coasters on. lol

@NinChocolate Happy birthday! Have a good one and enjoy your mole verde.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

Is there a website that can tell you which streaming services have a show available? I try Google but I always seem to end up with links to services that maybe used to have it, or list it but don't actually stream it.

I'm looking to watch an anime called Familiar of Zero because I read that it's part of the inspiration for the author who wrote Re:Zero. But Crunchyroll only seems to have one of the 4 seasons and it's not even the first season. Amazon Prime lists it, but it's not available in my region apparently. Netflix doesn't seem to let me search unless I have an account - which I'm not willing to do, unless I know they have what I want to watch.

With all the streaming services around these days, it would be nice to have some 3rd party that lists who has what.

Oh, and I know there are... ways... I could download it. But I highly dislike doing that. I prefer to do things legally.

Okay, I ended up just impulse buying the complete series on Blueray. (It was on sale for a fairly reasonable price surprisingly) But I'd still like to know if you know of a reliable website for searching which streaming service has various shows.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

VoidofLight

@Heavyarms55 I'd try crunchyroll. They're legit, and I think that you can watch things with ads, instead of having to pay for a subscription.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Tyranexx

@ogo79 It's mainly the life hands I'm drawing right now. Just have a lot of stuff going on RL. Nothing bad, just a ton of activity. Things are almost at a semblance of normal in my whereabouts now, though I don't expect it to last. Good news is this coming weekend should be somewhat laid back for a change, so I should get some relaxation and gaming in.

@Snatcher Dawww, thanks! I'm trying to be more optimistic these days. I used to be quite the pessimist.

@bimmy-lee Hello, fellow Midwest native! Surprisingly, there wasn't any potato salad or slaw; normally, one or both of those show up in some form. There was a type of macaroni salad however. Those dishes are a pretty common staple around here in general. They're even a popular offering on some local salad bars. There were also deviled eggs at the reunion.

I helped code the program, yes, though the program's inception was during my high school days...and maybe a bit before that if older parts of the system are any indication. I'll accept the term "lady wizard", but I believe in J.K. Rowling's world, the proper term is a witch. Some parts of it are quite legacy and...not coded well, but my coworkers and I are doing our best with modern integrations. There's a long story behind support for the language and development environment we use too (namely how it was mismanaged by a buyer for years and essentially left to rot before it was given a new lease on life), but that's a very long story. I get to learn a lot, and in fact I'm very excited about my current project. I'm basically touching up a widely used area of the system to look more modern and have more features.

From what you describe, I think I'd also enjoy some aspects of digital publishing...or at least the traditional publishing angle. I have a pretty good (though not 100% perfect) eye for English grammar, typos/misspellings, and general word sense. Having done some writing on my own, though nothing worth publishing, I certainly understand the sensitivity one may feel when their magnum opus is constructively criticized in some way. However, the pain is necessary. XD

@MarioLover92 It kind of depends on who builds them, though in general most modern steel RCs are pretty smooth. I can recommend most of Bolliger and Mabillard (B&M)'s modern designs. Especially their wing coasters. Such a smooth ride! ^_^ If you ever do step on one again, I'd start small to mid-level and work your way up if you wish. Most parks and online sources are pretty good at gauging a ride's intensity rating.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Really? I couldn't even tells.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx you used to be a pessimist?! Nooooo! I seriously don't believe you. You've always seemed like an upbeat, friendly, and optimistic person, from the amount we've conversed. I've read alot of crazy stuff on NL these last couple of months, but this may take the Cake 😉

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

I find it amusing the day I started playing the GBA port of Sonic 1 again (felt like playing it), Nintendo Life posts about Green Hill Zone being one of the most played levels. Today I complete the mobile port of Sonic 1, and now there's an article about a removed enemy.

Funny timing on my part. The original Sonic is one of my favorites, so I have no complaints, lol.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

Huh so they’re spying on us to make the articles? Well I’ll be waiting for the soap box article about how Animal Crossing City Folk is better than New Horizons.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

@VoidofLight Oh I'm intimately familiar with CR. They have made hundreds of dollars off of me and I've watch hundreds if not thousands of hours of anime on them.

But they don't have everything. In this case, they weirdly only have one of the 4 seasons.

Anyway, what I'm looking now is some kind of site that can tell you "oh this show is on Netflix and Amazon Prime. That show is on Disney+ and that show is on CR".

When I just Google it, it's often not helpful. Like, using this case as an example, when I searched on Google, it gave me a link to Amazon Prime. Which would be great! Only Amazon Prime doesn't stream it anymore, at least not in North America.

There might not be such a site. Which would be a bummer. Streaming services should let you at least look at their catalogue before you sign up. I quit Netflix years ago after they lost the rights to several shows I like. But I might have come back if they let me search and had what I wanted to watch now.

But I'm NOT paying just to look to see what they have on offer. DX

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 It's mainly the life hands I'm drawing right now. Just have a lot of stuff going on RL. Nothing bad, just a ton of activity. Things are almost at a semblance of normal in my whereabouts now, though I don't expect it to last. Good news is this coming weekend should be somewhat laid back for a change, so I should get some relaxation and gaming in.

im the same way, ive noticed a severe change in my life

NinChocolate wrote:

@ogo79 yep, 99 credits and then it’s then big kill screen 😝

ha! well said

bimmy-lee wrote:

@ogo79 - I’m just saying hi because you have the middle aged DGAFs, and I can relate. Wanna stay on your good side. We’re both bald and beautiful, we’re basically a villainous tag team from ancient times.

lol, no ones on my bad side, theres only been one person here that ever got on my nerves.
and for the record its not @Tasuki

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

dmcc0

@Heavyarms55 website/app called JustWatch let you search for a show/movie and tells you what service has it. Not sure if it has some of the more niche streaming services, but does have a decent selection. Can filter it so it only searches for the ones you use too, which can be quite handy.

dmcc0

Heavyarms55

@dmcc0 I'll try that one, thank you!

jedgamesguy

Tyranexx wrote:

I'll accept the term "lady wizard", but I believe in J.K. Rowling's world, the proper term is a witch.

Apparently not; it's a "menstruator" according to Rowling.

Please don't cancel me.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

bimmy-lee

@Zuljaras - As long as she keeps her horses outta the Capitol, amirite???

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

bimmy-lee

@Zuljaras - I have chuckled about this a few times. I’m a staunch “keep horses outta the capitol” guy myself. Just out of principle. Keep em out.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Zuljaras

bimmy-lee wrote:

@Zuljaras - I have chuckled about this a few times. I’m a staunch “keep horses outta the capitol” guy myself. Just out of principle. Keep em out.

It is quite stressful for the animals to be forced to act like cars and run in traffic. And that is just one of the many abuses they take

Edited on by Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic