Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 53,981 to 54,000 of 96,530

Eel

Awright. My windows tablet is now back to where it was before the incident. I of course took the chance and avoided some of the self-inflicted bloatware I had installed in its previous life, going as far as doing the unthinkable and letting Edge be the default web browser instead of installing Chrome on it- I don’t really use it to browse the web so why bother right?

I was considering not installing Steam, since it is not compatible with most of the games I have there anyway, but a tablet just doesn’t feel complete without plants vs zombies and final fantasy 3.

It’s nice to see it back to normal, I was afraid I would need to trash a technically funcional piece of hardware.

Anyhow, that’s the end of that chapter. I can now go back to not really caring about this tablet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ogo79

@Tyranexx
it appears yer always busy.
i am as well, im trying to work on that, we all need a solid break.
you gotta learn when its time to say no.
it seems ive got more work to file in with compressed time.
we gotta work on that lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Snatcher

@Eel Wait, wait, what happen'd to the tablet?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@Tyranexx Man, your so nice, Having a person like you around would be so fun, they really are blessed.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Eel

@Snatcher huh, the whole windows-update-ruined-everything debacle. I just finished installing and configuring everything, so it’s now back to normal.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel I have one Lenovo Miix 8 and I love it! I never update the Windows. It is 8.1 and if I update it even once I love my mouse capabilities with it And sometimes the touchscreen is not responsive. The base version of the Windows is good enough for old Windows games and movies

Eel

@Zuljaras mine started off with windows 10, and the base version was very bad. The updates did help and improved it considerably though, which is why I was so eager to keep it updated. Too bad I can’t keep it up to date anymore.

The tablet itself is about as basic as it can get… What you’d expect from a 60 dollar tablet I suppose. Though judging from the reviews on the Amazon listing, I’m apparently lucky it even works at all.

I guess the pure novelty of having a functional windows computer in such a small body makes it special, because I do feel a bit attached to it, even though I mostly just use it to play with the GBA roms I extracted last year from my cartridges. (And it’s kinda funny because even those aren’t like entirely smooth). (And as mentioned, a few select steam games)

Does yours get hot? Mine tends to get a bit hot a bit too quickly.

Edit: ah right, mine is a Vulcan Challenger II ex. It seems to be fairly similar to yours!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel Mine is very old about 5 years and it does NOT get hot. The battery is still good. Unfortunately you could not get it anymore

I use it to play Heroes of Might and Magic from 2 to 5 Even with touchscreen only it is a really nice experience!

But it is basic like 2GB of RAM and the processor is Intel Atom or something like that

Eel

@Zuljaras yup the specs seem to be very similar. And I do suspect mine is about that old as well, even though I only bought it two years ago.

For touch screen based games, I keep farming simulator 16 on it, a sudoku game, plants vs zombies, and sometimes Minecraft. Though I do also have a program that adds a digital game pad on-screen, for everything else.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Eel Oh boy, Updates man, gota love em.

NinChocolate

It’s my birthday soon. Just made a big pot of mole verde to celebrate 😆

NinChocolate

ogo79

NinChocolate wrote:

It’s my birthday soon. Just made a big pot of mole verde to celebrate 😆

i dont mess with mole, but being that you do, a birthday meal is very important.
i like to make my own birthday meals myself as well. happy b day!

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

@NinChocolate
no problem at all.
we only get 100 birthdays in our lifetime...

the_shpydar wrote:

Snatcher

@NinChocolate Happy B day! here's to another year.

bimmy-lee

We had the first of two August birthdays (and four parties total) over the weekend, and I got the kids those little Zero 2 dpad controllers from 8BitDo. They are the cutest little things I’ve ever seen. I just want to feed them a bottle of warm milk. I’ve always wanted an 8BitDo controller, funny this is the first I’ve purchased. They mostly play on the NES and SNES apps, so they should be perfect. Anyway, they’re actually really nice little controllers, and seem pretty usable, even for adult hands, for a short burst of 2d table top.

@Tyranexx - Fried chicken and pie? You’re speaking my native Midwest language, and I hear you loud and clear. I could eat all of those two things all day. I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a giant bowl of potato salad at this reunion as well. Perhaps some cole slaw too. Maybe some macaroni salad, just to be doubly sure everyone can carb the heck up. Any deviled eggs? Ugh, I’m making myself hungry! Sounds delightful though.

Ah, so you kind of got brought on to be one of the wizards of a program you helped code that your current company purchased. Smart on their part really. There can be lady wizards, right? I don’t see why not, it’s 2021. It’s good security for you, and when the time comes for a new program; they can pay you quadruple to create it!

I enjoyed some aspects of digital publishing. I didn’t really love making mass changes when paper books were converted to digital documents, but we did a bit of traditional publishing, and I enjoyed working with the authors (mostly) proofing and editing manuscripts. Some of them are a bit overly sensitive and emotional about what they write and having someone their publisher selected trying to suggest changes can be tough on those types. It was a nice little job while I had it, didn’t pay much, but I was young and flexible then.

@ogo79 - I’m just saying hi because you have the middle aged DGAFs, and I can relate. Wanna stay on your good side. We’re both bald and beautiful, we’re basically a villainous tag team from ancient times.

@NinChocolate - Cheers, I owe you a beverage some day. 99 credits goes a long way when you’re good at the game.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

chapuH

I'm thinking of making a YouTube recommendations thread as I don't think one exists (correct me if I'm wrong). It wouldn't be restricted to gaming channels and I think it would work well, just like the music recommendations thread. Does the rule "no begging you to visit a YouTube channel" count if it's not your channel you're advertising and it's just a casual recommendation, not a desperate plead?

Hope you're having a good day.

Snatcher

Ok guys I think, my joysticks are okay now, I was messing with the joystick for a wile and it looked like it worked, so it sounds like some pretty nasty dust got inside, But i'm not giving it the ok yet.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic