Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 53,981 to 54,000 of 55,621

Anti-Matter

BTW, I was surprised and giggled to see the reason of behind the war between Bonies and Fleshies on Yokai Watch 2.
Untitled

They were fighting for the doughnuts filling ?? 😲😂 🍩

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

chapu2006

@Anti-Matter (I think) It's a measure of how fit you are (from the Wii Fit workouts). The closer the Wii Fit age is to your actual age, the better. I remember losing my mind over getting the Wii Fit age the exact same when I had the Wii.

Don't worry if you get a big gap on a test, though. My wii fit ages were very often ridiculously off.

Hope you're having a good day.

MarioLover92

@SM3DASislit Yeah you're welcome! I do like Disney+ quite a bit, though the problem I have is that on my smart TV, the app would reset itself for some reason. I did buy a streaming box, which will likely come tomorrow, so hopefully that will work better. I'd love to have Studio Ghibli films on Disney+ too, though I'm not sure if that'll happen. I think they're on HBO Max?

@bimmy-lee Absolutely, I did tend to play it safe when it comes to rentals, admittedly. Usually platformers and racing games at the time. I did make some good friends during my time at college too - I had a math tutor who's also into Nintendo games.

@Tyranexx Yeah, I haven't been flying that often either. My first flight was in 2016 (the CA flight), and my most recent one was in 2019. I'll try to keep that park in mind the next time I go to CA, always liked walking in nature parks! There's a pretty nice nature trail that's not too far away from home, which I like visiting every now and then. It was a picturesque wedding indeed, the ceremony literally took place on a beach. That was the last thing we went to before flying back home the next day.

@Sunsy That's cool. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time.

Anti-Matter wrote:

Guys, what do you think about Spongebob games on Wii ?
Are they decent enough for casual player ?
I found there are 4 different Spongebob Wii games from Tokopedia.
(Atlantis Squarepantis, Boating Bash, Creature from Krusty Krab, Glob Doom)
I'm not sure I will getting along with the games as I don't really have much interest with Spongebob franchise.
I have watched all of the gameplay from those games but I still unsure to consider them.
Should I consider any of them ?

Probably not. I never was big into SpongeBob so I pretty much ignored them.

Also, Anti, I did read a post of yours where you've been considering getting some Japanese GameCube games, if you have a means of playing them I'd recommend Nintendo Puzzle Collection, which has Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie, and the best puzzle game ever made, Panel de Pon. (No seriously, Panel de Pon is amazing...I'd recommend it for that game alone.)

Nintendo Life's (self-proclaimed) #1 Mario fan! Wahoo!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
AC:NH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Let me know if you're gonna add my Switch/3DS FC. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-8582-2999 | 3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Smothered in butter and garlic, huh? Well, at least that's one helpful tool in keeping people at a distance, simultaneously saving you from social awkwardness. Or not...

All kidding aside, I think we're pretty much the same kind of people: aware of a lot of things concerning health, but not necessarily letting that smother our sense of trying to enjoy and live life, with all, well: not ALL, but a lot of the benefits and finer things that come along with it.

Speaking of which: I made myself a BIG amount of my very own Asian/pasta mix today. Basically a variety of finely chopped up greens (white cabbage, leek, onions, green bell peppers, bean sprouts, red chili pepper) totaling around 600 grams, stir fried in a giant cast-iron wok, mixed with a pound of ground beef, which I first stir fried into loose, semi-well done grain-sized bits.

Then I add the veggies, and after these have softened up a bit, I add a small can of tomato paste, stir all of that up again, and then I add (and stir through) a pound of cooked pasta, usually elbows or "giant" elbows, sometimes referred to as "pipe rigatti", if any Italian is written on the package, and presto!

(edit: ground beef seasoned with a bit of salt, garlic, either freshly chopped or powder, paprika powder and mixed spices for meatballs, both the meat and the vegetables stir fried in olive oil)

Done in under half an hour, and unfortunately, not just pretty easy to make, also pretty easy to eat. And easily to eat too much of as well. Which I did, AGAIN. Damn, I'm full...

REALLY gotta stop doing that...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
You know, for Gamecube Japan games, I have to consider most of them from the games that have English version like Mario Party 4 - 7, Megaman Network Transmission, Bomberman Generation, Billy Hatcher, etc as the USA version was too expensive or not available anymore from Ebay so I have no choice but consider them in Japanese version. And that means I have to get Wii Japanese machine to play both Wii and Gamecube Japanese games.

I have to not consider some 1st party games USA version on Gamecube due to insane prices and my less engagement to play with them such as Paper Mario TTYD (too expensive to buy), Luigi Mansion (Too expensive too), Mario Kart Double Dash (Too expensive and I have less interest with the game compared with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe), Mario Sunshine (Terrible FLUDD control schemes). Luigi Mansion 3 and Paper Mario Origami King on Nintendo Switch are the best replacement as they are currently still available in a lot of supply and cheaper price. It broke my heart for unable to play some games due to insane prices and I have to move on (get the other games) rather than lamenting for trivial matter.

Gamecube was my optional choice before I started to get Gamecube games on November 2016 as I knew I only can get very few games from Gamecube compared with PS2 that I can get a lot of games from Japan and USA version combined.

About Spongebob games, actually the games on Wii were not really bad as I thought but I still have to watch more gameplay and thinking twice before making decision. I personally not really a fan of Spongebob franchise, I like to watch some episodes from Nickelodeon but not really get into. Strangely, Spongebob Light Camera Pants on PS2 / Gamecube / XBOX was somewhat intriguing for having party games like Mario Party without board games (And the cover of USA version looks nice in my opinion).

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Tyranexx

[Beginning of Phone Growling]

To save money, I'm in with my family's AT&T plan and pay my share of the bill. It's cheaper than going out on my own, even with most decent prepaid services. In the area I live in, you're pretty much stuck with AT&T or Verizon as the only other major carrier, T-Mobile, doesn't work well off the beaten path. Anyway, AT&T is shutting down their 3G network in February 2022. That's all well and good, but they've deemed my phone, as well as my mom's, as not working on the "new" network. My current phone is a Moto X4, an unlocked phone I bought off Amazon, which I have been considering updating from anyway (I've had it for over 3 years now). It's capable of using 4G, but it isn't whitelisted to use their HD Voice technology; it is, according to this Reddit thread, fully capable. Some web searching shows I'm not the only one with this problem.

So just switch phones, right? That's the plan, but my mother received a message (and it is verified to be real), that they're sending us free phones "similar to your current phones". I had my doubts, and sure enough, I looked up the model of the phone after she received the shipping notification. The things are, unsurprisingly, potatoes (specs). I wouldn't get these unless it was a cheapo first phone for a kid or for someone who would only use it for talk and text. Unfortunately, after they arrive, if they aren't activated in 30 days, they'll switch the service automatically.

My hope is to go to the local store and attempt to negotiate as I was planning on buying another unlocked phone anyway; due to finances needed for other endeavors, I was hoping to wait until late this fall. I'd love to grab a mid-end Google Pixel, an unlocked 5a in fact, but those are rumored to not launch until August or September. Its predecessor, the 4a, is/will be supported on AT&T's network. If all else fails, I'll allow the temporary phone switch, but you can bet I'll still keep my current one around for wi-fi data use until I can fully switch. That'll really hamstring my Pokemon Go playing and mobile data use, however. While I get why they're doing this for holdouts or those not well-versed with phone tech, it's not like the phone I'm using is an ancient flip phone from 2005. The very frustrating thing is that my current phone is capable of doing all they want it to do, but it isn't approved on their network. From a support thread I found, Lenovo's hands are tied on the matter.

Sorry about this, just needed to vent a little. I'm not really angry per se, just frustrated and slightly exasperated.

[End of Growling about Phone]

@MarioLover92 Before the pandemic, I probably averaged almost a flight a year, though there was a gap of several years in there. The majority of them have been work (rare) or vacation related. My family didn't fly for vacation much unless we were going very far, but there were a few school and youth group trips I went on in high school that required flying.

I enjoy getting out in nature and use a trail system not too far from my home on occasion. Only for a few hours max though; I'm not an overnight camper and do, at the end of the day, need at least basic plumbing and a shower. I do like going to National Parks, but unfortunately none are too close to my vicinity. There are a handful of state parks and national forests, however.

@ThanosReXXX I like to think that the garlic keeps away people who would drive me crazy. Or vampires.

Believe me, I've actually been down the path of "don't eat that", but that certainly doesn't shut down any cravings some of the time lol. There are some things I naturally gravitated away from eating a lot of, even before I started trying. One thing was potato chips; I still like them, they just aren't something I "want" usually. As for soda/pop/carbonated drinks, I've found I don't miss them and don't really crave them anymore. The only very rare exception is when it comes to a Dr. Pepper or Root Beer float, but I probably only average one of those a year. Basically, I do try to make better choices most of the time, but I'm not against the occasional sugary or salty sampling.

That pasta mix sounds VERY good, and indeed pretty easy to make! I'd probably sub in banana peppers for the bell peppers however; outside of a couple of exceptions, I'm not a big fan of bell peppers. I actually don't have paprika; I've been trying to expand my seasoning and spice selection a little, but that isn't something I've added yet. The best part of it all is that you made it yourself, so you know exactly what went into it! Nothing wrong with a bit of hearty eating now and again. That's what I'm telling myself about two upcoming family reunions anyway....Good news is they're both at a park (the same one in fact, but different sides of the family) with an access to a trail system. I'll be walking a little of my meal off.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime, WarioWare: Get It Together! demo

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Strength training can add a little bit of weight after the initial cut, but it’s good weight, and it’s more than just the number anyway (as you know) though your numbers are impressive. It’s all about how you feel. Those last few pounds certainly have a way of clinging on though, and it’s especially frustrating because the first few pounds just disappear and can give the illusion that weight loss is easy, but it’s not!

I do think bats are really cool, but their sheer numbers require more aggressive forms of natural balance control, which in turn can lead to zoonotic transmission of the control mechanism; so I just kinda wish there was slightly less of them, though that in no way would guarantee us safety from the viruses. I have some living in my yard, I never see them, but I can hear them at night and every once in a while one swoops in real close. That kinda freaks me out, but I assume it’s because I have a swarm of mosquitos hovering around me the moment I step outside.

Edit - It’s amazing that our phone addictions have allowed the cell companies to basically become drug dealers. “My current phone is fine, but you think I should upgrade??? Okay!”

Edit edit - General statement not specific to your situation.

@ogo79 - Haha, my buddy told me about Mike’s YT show and what he’s up to, but I still haven’t sat down to watch an episode yet. He was telling me about some super deep philosophical rabbit hole Mike went down on one episode, but couldn’t finish the thought because he forgot what he was talking about mid sentence. Sounds hilarious.

@MarioLover92 - Always fun to meet a fellow Nintendo fan. It’s like you immediately have an enormous shared history. The 64 was still really big back in my dorm days, and my gpa suffered a bit due to all the group Kart, Smash and NFL Blitz marathons. I pulled through though and wouldn’t change a thing. Some of my favorite nights in college were simple week night gaming nights. The weekends were their own special kind of fun, but the specifics have become hazy over time, and I remember more the evenings of passing around controllers with friends and talking a lot of smack at everyone.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Vortexeo

TheJGG wrote:

@Vortexeo Christ that’s high praise! So glad you like it, hope you continue to enjoy it!

It took a while but I’m so glad I pushed through and finished it yesterday. I haven’t even fought that guy yet but I fell in love with that song as soon as I heard it in the soundtrack. It’s just too awesome not to try.

You haven't even fought him yet? Please let me know when you do! 😂

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

ogo79

@bimmy-lee
he had cheech and chong on there, that should tell you something

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

i know you guys dont know or care about this, but these were accessory packs that came out in like 1983, 4 years after i was born. they fit in any vintage action figures hands.
coming across odds and ends, i decided to get both packs. theres a gold pack and a silver pack.
plus having extra weapons for skelly figures is always a cool option.
damn its gonna be hard opening these one day:
Untitled
im totally not trying to take over the world with an army of skeletons...
im a bad person.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

An army of adorable colorful tiny skeletons

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

Pokemon unite is fun, thats all i'm going to say, bc I hate tencent.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

ogo79

Eel wrote:

An army of adorable colorful tiny skeletons

they aint tiny, i can tell you that, they are the size of he man figures.
colorful? yep, adorable...
well, yep!
im totally not trying to take over the world with an army of skeletons...
im a bad person.

the_shpydar wrote:

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Get your coffee out. It's time for a life update.

Work injury, forehead laceration from some equipment. I work in retail for crying out loud 🤣 it's fine, permanent scar though.

Our new boss is staying, as expected. No surprises there really. But our department manager left after being told they can be a deputy manager in another store...for less than they got in a lower position. So one of our supervisors is being promoted.

And now the juicy bit: the job they had is being split into two jobs on lower contracts. This is shifts that finish at 10pm dealing with the currently useless store tidying bunch.

So without any consultation with me I now have an interview on Friday, along with another colleague from the same team I'm on. That dangling carrot came back again! 🤣🤣🤣

Unsure if I want it though. Sure it's a step up the ladder but it also means less time with my partner, my streaming has to be pushed back to near midnight every day, whereas it's currently around 7pm, and I have to somehow deal with the weakest team in the store by a mile.

I have to sacrifice a lot for a lot of responsibility and barely any extra pay over minimum wage.

Tempted to do the interview and if offered just say nah mate.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Anti-Matter

I finished Rabbids Go Home Wii storyline yesterday so today i played Wii Music as i felt boring and also i want to test the Wii Fit Balance using for Drum Session in Wii Music. I ended up by making some Jam Session with specific instruments, deleted the performances that i thought i did horrible last year.

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Anti-Matter

So, right now i'm playing Yokai Watch 2 Bony Spirits and have to finish Master Nyada trials to continue the storyline.
Master Nyada.... 😐
He was Master Yoda in Jibannyan form and i never like everything from Star Wars so putting Star Wars cameo inside the game will never make me got interested to deal with them. I felt annoyed instead. 🙄

2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx To be fair to the green bell pepper added into the vegetable mix: it's REALLY finely chopped, and because of all of the veggies being stir fried, it just becomes one mix of aromas and textures, but all supporting each other, rather than any single one of them standing out, so even if you wouldn't like it, once incorporated in the dish, you'd hardly be able to actually find it, much less taste it, but it is the parts that make the whole, and personally, I'm a BIG fan of mixing flavors AND textures, so it's not all one type of "bite", if you understand what I'm trying to say with that. And over here, they come pre-cut in bags, in the local super market, so sometimes, when I don't feel like doing the work of chopping all of it up myself, I just grab me one of these:
Untitled
And as you can see, the chopped up pieces of bell pepper are hardly distinguishable...
I do the same with my tomato sauce for spaghetti: fresh tomatoes chopped, sun-dried tomatoes chopped, cubed and pealed tomatoes from a can, tomato paste, tomato frito (usually Heinz) sauce and then some kind of base tomato sauce with garlic or basil. Add in a mix of greens, and we're done.

@Haruki_NLI Forehead laceration? Ouch... I kind of recall something similar, although luckily not an entire laceration, more like a tiny cut, thanks to lightning reflexes: you probably also know of these metal ribbons which are used to tie up shipments on pallets? Well, before I worked in sales, I actually had an entirely different career, manning a large printing press, and the paper for that came on large pallets.

One time, when I used some cutting pliers to remove the ribbons from the pallet, I wasn't paying enough attention, and one sprung loose towards my face. Ultimately, I only suffered a tiny nick, just above my left ear, no visible scar left of that nowadays, although it has been about 20 years, so that's more or less to be expected, from a superficial cut.

But of course, ribbons aren't equipment, so elaborate, man! What happened? Unless of course you're not particularly looking forward to reliving the moment, which I can also imagine...

As for the new job opportunity: sounds like I'd be of the EXACT same sentiment. If it would offer a decent additional pay, then it would still be worth considering, even when keeping the potential sacrifices in mind, but as it stands, it looks like you've already got the right scenario in mind, far as I'm concerned.

But hey, it's your life, so be sure that you've actually and carefully weighed ALL the options, INCLUDING the long term gains, which aren't always just about the money, and then make a well-thought out decision. Whatever you do, you should ultimately always do what feels and sounds best for you, regardless of any additional factors. Those are just of a secondary concern.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX So it was a metal hook for hanging stock on while setting up a back to school range. Lifted a box up, was too close to the racking so the hook went right across the right side of my forehead. My hair covers it though, given its longer on one side than the other.

As for the opporunity, as always I'll hear them out. Being a supervisor here makes opportunities elsewhere hella easy, and it is a foot in the door. The other colleague in line is doing it to get a leg up if she transfers elsewhere after leaving her parents, who dont seem to respect her. Which is fair. Its a long game.

I'd do it just to do it to be honest. If it helps one of the weaker teams in the store, sure. And It would be a challenge. But..I dunno. I can make that choice when it comes.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Losermagnet

@ogo79 i saw this browsing a toy store and went "oh hey that reminds me of that one guy on the forum who likes skeletons". Although given how buff he is i'm not sure if he actually qualifies.

Untitled

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Eel

Despite me being the tallest person at home, I'm apparently unintentionally silent when I walk, so people tend to notice I'm around when I'm at jumpscare distance from them. It's happened several times in the last few weeks.

I'm becoming Kellam (from Fire Emblem). 😨

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic