Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 51,721 to 51,740 of 96,549

WoomyNNYes

Vortexeo wrote:

I know a lot of people will join this site, ask for people to add them, and then never come back but I'm kinda curious...Do you guys ever get all the actual active users on here together and play Mario Kart or something?

I don't see people talk about racing each other here, as odd as that may sound. Someone made a thread & nintendolife tournament for mario kart 8 (switch), and I raced them maybe two different days. I thought plenty of people would get on board and add the tournament code to their list of tournaments. But it seems almost nobody added the tournament code to their game. And, every time I've checked in the past 10 months, it's been empty. The tournament name is "NLife Community", code: 5031-0097-8731
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/mario_kar...

Recently, I've been playing no-items(weapons) tournaments. Even those are tough to rely on, because they are often empty. I have about 4-5 no-weapons tournaments on file that I check. (I really wish Nintendo would add a dedicated no-weapons race mode so we didn't have to depending on spotty tournaments.)

A problme I had here was, people added me with my Switch friend code but, never said who they are in the forum. So, it was a bunch of stranger/usernames. My nintendolife signature said "Say hi if you add me, so I know who you are.😉". Nobody said anything here. Maybe one of 30 identified themselves. It was shocking. So, I stopped accepting adds. Maybe it was all shy kids? Or people that aren't regulars? I don't know.

Most of the regulars here that I'm friendly with all have different tastes in games, and schedules never mesh. Partly my fault, since I don't frequently play MK8. I used to play a ton back in 2017-2018. For the past year I've mainly played Rocket League. Before that, I mainly played Splatoon 2.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Oh ok then I think were good, The yo-kai is Pallysol, I think he looks cool, never got to play a yo-kai watch game but I love the design.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG Do you have MK8 skillz? I'm not insane S tier fast, or anything, but I can do ok. (300 hours (I'm not proud of the number of hours)).

'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@Snatcher
Oh, Pallysol.
Untitled
At the same time i'm playing Yokai Watch 3 Tempura right now so i think i will hunt them since they can be fused into new Yokai.
I will find right time to draw Pallysol or Scarasol.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes I sometimes play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online. Not often, but I do play it on occasion. Would be cool to play matches with you sometime.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 @WoomyNNYes I would be up for making a room some time, we would have to find a good number of people for a whole mach tho. I'm close to 100% this game, I'm not that good at it, But I did play alot on wii and 3ds.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Vortexeo

@TheJGG Yeah haha I feel like it would be fun having a few active users here in a voice chat or something and just playing games lol. I'd imagine time zones would be an issue from time to time though.

WoomyNNYes wrote:

A problme I had here was, people added me with my Switch friend code but, never said who they are in the forum. So, it was a bunch of stranger/usernames. My nintendolife signature said "Say hi if you add me, so I know who you are.😉". Nobody said anything here. Maybe one of 30 identified themselves. It was shocking. So, I stopped accepting adds. Maybe it was all shy kids? Or people that aren't regulars? I don't know.

Lmao that was most definitely me at a point in time xD
I think when I joined I sent friend requests to so many people on the forums without ever actually telling anyone (idk why... I guess I thought I'd just be in and out but it turned out I really enjoy this community lol)

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Vortexeo

@Snatcher Hey I'm no good either but it would still be good fun xD

Vortexeo

So do any of you guys talk to each other outside of the site? like on discord or something?

Edited on by Vortexeo

MarioVillager92

@Snatcher Yeah, that would be ideal. The other thing we could do is join a friend who's currently in a worldwide room.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Snatcher

@MarioLover92 Or that.

Snatcher

@Vortexeo A couple of users on this site, but not on a discord or nothing, some people here actually just know each other.

WoomyNNYes

Snatcher wrote:

@MarioLover92 @WoomyNNYes I would be up for making a room some time, we would have to find a good number of people for a whole mach tho. I'm close to 100% this game, I'm not that good at it, But I did play alot on wii and 3ds.

You gotta get those three star ranks on all cups so you get three stars next to your username when you race online. Pure street cred.

I race to win but, I don't always think it's fun have too big a lead. Sometimes, if I, or my brother, ever get too big of a lead in any racing game, we try to hide somewhere and wait for the other catch up, or get close, then take off again.🤪 It's funnier that way. I guess we rubber band ourselves, but with hiding, if possible. Even if you can't hide, sometimes it's fun to let the other catch up, and take off again.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Blooper987 Yeah, we've all got busy lives ahead of us, including yours truly. lol

@WoomyNNYes Pretty sure they got rid of the star ranking next to our usernames in Mario Kart 8. There's still star rankings you could get in the normal Grand Prix races, but they aren't displayed in online races.

Vortexeo

@Snatcher ahhh yeah...that's understandable lol

WoomyNNYes

MarioLover92 wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Pretty sure they got rid of the star ranking next to our usernames in Mario Kart 8. There's still star rankings you could get in the normal Grand Prix races, but they aren't displayed in online races.

What!?😠😠😠
Holy, cr4p, you're right!
Guess I was thinking of Mario Kart 7. My mind is blown. Well, anyway, thanks for pointing that out!

What a fool that Woomy guy is, three posts above. Glad I'm not that guy. ....Weird, his avatar kinda looks like mine. What a coincidence. XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes Yeah you're welcome! It was a bit surprising to see that it's gone after playing Mario Kart Wii and 7. I remember it took me a good while to finally get that 3-star rank in MKW.

Anti-Matter

Yay...! 😀
My game order Rayman Raving Rabbits 2 Wii from Ebay has been arrived.
Untitled
So far I have collected 4 Rabbits games on Wii:
Rayman Raving Rabbids 1
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Rabbids Go Home

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic