Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 50,641 to 50,660 of 96,481

Eel

Oh that's a a really good one! The few buildings with color do pop a lot. It reminds me of the type of pictures they use in "spot the difference" books!

When I do decide to edit the pictures, I tend to overdo it. So I try limit myself to straightening them or using the premade filters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
Thanks. šŸ˜€
But my digital drawing also from hand drawing first. I drew the model with pencil then i edit them with Corel Draw by making vector shapes, the thing i learnt long time ago back on year 2005 after 1 month i took a computer course about using Corel Draw.
Sometimes i changed quite a lot of the models from sketch as i worked with vector drawing, i always mirrored the image to check the result when being mirrored.
About my anthro creatures drawing, i learnt the anthro creatures looking in chibi from Japanese user on Twitter that have very great anthro creatures design in chibi proportion. When i designed my Anthro birds, Owl was the most difficult bird to design in Chibi Anthro bird as i oftenly found the way peoples drew Anthro Owl are very different each other and made me difficult to choose the best anthro design to be drawn. Next time i draw Anthro birds i will make sure they will look even cuter with six pack bodies, just only redesign their body proportion.

About talent show in Japan, it was long time ago Japanese peoples made some crazy ideas to entertain peoples before nowadays tv program is boring and not attractive anymore like used to be. I didn't watch TV for several years due to lack of interesting TV programs i want to watch recently so i decided to watch Youtube videos for more video choices anytime anywhere.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

This medley is easily one of my favourite arrangements of all time. The instruments used have been mastered so well and it has so much energy. This song was half the reason why I managed thirty minutes on a treadmill a few days ago. So much passion.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MrGuGuZai

Last week i bought a 2nd hand switch lite mainly for monster hunter rise, i created a new account and joined my friend's family membership for cost sharing, then i realized the switch lite 5.5 inch screen is abit small for monster hunter rise, text is small to read, it makes me dizzy, i sold the switch lite, later bought a regular switch and using back my account that i created from switch lite.

My friend told me to beware of used switch because the previous owner might did some illegal activity such as custom firmware or buy games using stolen credit card which will cause the switch to be ban later. Now i abit worry, if the previous owner really did some illegal stuff, will my new switch getting risk of ban? since i used the account i created from the switch lite on my new switch.

MrGuGuZai

jedgamesguy

I finished Ghost of Tsushima. Oh my god. The ending hit me right in the feels. RIGHT HERE.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG Congrats on beating Ghost of Tsushima! I was thinking of getting it once I have my PS5. Or a PS4 Slim if the PS5's still not available.

Speaking of batteries, the one thing that annoys me about modern controllers is that their batteries drain completely if you don't use them for a long time. How dumb is that??? I pretty much do the same thing with my laptop, unplugging the charging cable when it gets to 100%.

Yeah, I never got the SNES edition New 3DS XL, but I do at least have the SNES Classic. So it's not all bad. I would have loved the changeable faceplates that the regular New 3DS has, but I was so used to the larger screens so I ended up getting that red New 3DS XL. I do agree on the glossy finish. It looks cool at first, but later on it's gonna have fingerprints all over it. The original 3DS had that same glossy finish as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@MarioLover92 It's relatively violent but the graphics are just beautiful. I've done a small amount of research after beating it, and the idea of samurai being honourable, isn't true. Samurai were mercenaries, not knights. And even medieval knights were shady...

Don't get me wrong though; I love Jin's character arc, exploring his struggles between following the samurai code, and doing what is necessary to beat the Mongols. The way it played out for me made for a truly gripping storyline. And the way it ended was on such a deeply emotionally satisfying note. Saying you're missing out is unfair because you don't have the chance to refuse it in the first place. You may be MarioLover92 and may always be MarioLover92 but... from my point of view, and this is something I went through five years ago, expanding your range of games is always worth it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Tyranexx

Busy holiday weekend, and my grandma's b-day on top of that. 93 years young! She's received a ton of cards, phone calls, and has a virtual flower garden on her kitchen table!

@MarioLover92 - Truth be told, without those holiday bundles I would've went with the aqua blue 3DS. Blue is my favorite color, though I would've preferred a darker/deeper blue kinda like what the 2DS received; honestly, I prefer darker shades of most colors in general.

Ah, so you've experienced circle pad death? Never had anything like that yet thankfully, though the circle pad on my older system occasionally makes an odd scraping sound. I only notice it in quiet environments, so I usually chalk that one up to my OCD. The SNES edition is great, though I would've preferred a different SNES VC game over the original Mario Kart. It was nice to try out the series in its original format, but...I'd say the original game hasn't aged the best. I'm not the biggest fan of racing games as, like fighting games, they just don't hold my attention long. But I have gleaned some enjoyment from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. When the CPU isn't being an absolute troll anyway....

I'm tempted to get an extra pair of joy-cons for the day when mine inevitably do start drifting, but hopefully the pro controller will be a nice stand-in if that does happen. Most of my games support the pro controller, barring my current distraction - Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee. I've mostly been playing the game in handheld mode since I'm not the biggest fan of the motion capture controls when my system is docked.

@TheJGG First of all - I completely missed any previous innuendo, intentional or no. Or I did notice it and it didn't really register. I've had a couple sleep cycles since then. No offense taken.

I probably sit about that far from my television as well on average, unless I'm playing on my SNES Classic (Yay corded controllers lol; makes me feel like a kid again!). Though it's only a 39" TV and is smaller than what some have in their living rooms.

Sorry to hear about the phone. Yes, I agree a replacement may be best at this point. I certainly like getting my hands on new tech, but I'm one who doesn't replace anything unless there's a significant need. I've owned my current phone for almost three years and am starting to consider replacing it; no major issues like what you're experiencing (Seriously, a bulging battery is a huge red flag), but I occasionally have issues when on calls. It's started dropping calls occasionally, and in some cases the other party inexplicably starts sounding like a VHS tape on fast-forward when I'm talking to them. A bunch of loud squeaking, and I can't understand a thing. It's already stopped receiving some OS updates too.

Just to clarify, I didn't take your decision to turn back as laziness or weakness; you made an honest assessment like you mentioned, listened to your body, and realized that, health-wise, turning back was your best bet. No shame in that IMO. The fact that you even went speaks volumes; plenty of people would've noped right out of that.

Duly noted on not missing either the movie or book.

I think what's attracted me to Attack On Titan, besides the really cool/insane/dark premise, lore, and world, are how utterly human and normal the characters, from the limited footage I've seen, feel. There are many layers, motivations, and different personalities to learn about and contend with. And this is only based off of limited exposure! XD

Congrats on clearing Ghosts of Tsushima!

@ThanosReXXX I know what you mean. There are many cool promotions, events, and other things that show up over here in the US, but with a couple of exceptions a lot of that only shows up on the West or East Coast. WAY too far out of my way to usually bother with. The two closest major cities to me would be the only ones worthwhile to travel to, but they don't catch a lot of these events. One farther away that does get a lot of those events would take at least an entire day's trip; sometimes it's smarter just to spend the night. Not exactly worth it in most cases.

Good point on the selfie buffoons. I probably wouldn't stand out too much. But I would feel so, SO awkward doing that. XD

@bimmy-lee Age of Calamity is certainly going to be a warm-up for BotW2 when that does show up. I haven't picked up the game yet since I don't think it'll float off shelves anytime soon, and I'm trying to tame ye olde backlog a bit. Which was going well until all these Switch eShop sales started popping up.... XD

Glad to read that all the Bimms are well! Home improvement, huh? I'm doing a bit of that in my off time as well. Mostly some of the usual yard work and a bit of patching up, but I'm also looking at getting some plumbing work done. Nothing serious; there's a spigot on the back part of my house that hasn't worked or even had a handle since I've moved in. I don't even know if it's hooked up to my current water supply. I had someone come do an estimate last week. Shouldn't be too bad price-wise.

Ah, the good ol' days of Easter Egg dying. Yummy eggs, fun colors/patterns, and rainbow fingers.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@TheJGG Yeah I agree with that, I didn't think I would get into Xenoblade Chronicles when it first came out on the Wii, but I eventually gave it a shot and now it's one of my favorite games/series. Rest assured, I do play more than just Mario, Zelda, and Sonic games. lol

@Tyranexx Ah I see, never had my circle pad have that scraping sound. I did hear it make a sliding sound when I move it, but it's nothing major. That must have been a pain to hear constantly.

Yeah, these days I end up playing the newer Mario Karts over the older ones. They all have better controls and tracks, as well as larger character rosters. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is definitely my favorite overall, with Double Dash and DS not too far behind. Mario Kart Wii is also pretty good, I really like some of the tracks in that game, though the bikes are insanely OP and it has the dreaded thunder cloud item.

Super Mario Kart is still a good game though, it's more skill based than the other games and it has solid (if a bit simple) track design. I love the game's soundtrack, as well. Rainbow Road and the Battle Mode theme are some of my favorite game music of all time!

Oh okay, so the Let's Go games require the joy-cons if you're playing on the TV? I do remember seeing that you shake one of the joy-cons to throw a Poke Ball.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@Eel
Playing Let's Go is better in Handheld mode as i can use gyro aiming to throw the Pokeball.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

I got Covid-19 vaccine injection this morning with other school staffs and other teachers. We got injection at nearest public clinic from my school. Before we got injection, the medic staffs checked our blood pressure, asking about other body condition before we got checked the HIV test from our blood by taken a tiny droplets of blood from our finger after the staff pricked with steril thumbtack. After 10 minutes waiting, if the result was Negative, we will continue to get injection. We took 30 minutes to wait after got injection, to prevent something wrong happened after got injection. I was fine this morning, nothing felt weird. But this evening, my body started to show a little bit sign of get fever. My body felt a little bit tired but still fine. I checked my forehead, didn't feel warm. I have to take plenty of rest at night after working time at school so during 2 weeks after got injection i will play handheld games a lot since the games are beside my bed.
Hopefully my body will be fine until several weeks later.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

So I started making creature designs for my game and I feel that I need to do a lot more

I am also thinking about the environments as well I will do those quickly without color. The color will come when I start making the sprites.

This is The Gold Smelter. A slave that died while working in the Forgotten Mines (area in the castle). Those unfortunate souls are bound to forever roam the mines He will "sprinkle" boiling gold in an arc when close to the player.

Untitled

Edited on by Zuljaras

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx I'll throw my birthday wishes into the ring, that's a phenomenal age. Here's hoping she lives to at least a hundred, that would be an absolutely massive party. Mine are in their seventies but my grandfather's been dealing with cancer for the last five years. The treatment has worked so far and he's been able to complete ten kilometre walks with surprising pace.

But the downside is that his mood has significantly degraded. About six months ago when I was with them he had a full-on go at me because I adjusted the thermostat, which didn't even work. It was almost as if I had walked into the room and spat on his face, which is something I would never do. He did it three times overall and each time was for an increasingly meaningless thing I'd do, like opening the fridge door as I look for something to eat, or jokingly accusing him of cheating while we were playing a game of sjoelen (table shuffleboard). I was shaken every time, so it's unpleasant to think about... It's a real shame cancer has such a detrimental effect on people.

Despite having a 9th generation videogame console I don't even have a 4K television... but it doesn't really matter to me, graphics were never a point of complaint for me. If there's games that have both performance and resolution modes I always choose framerate. It's a 43-inch screen so sitting away from it is necessary so that I don't damage my eyes. The race-chair and wheel are always positioned so that I can read small text but aren't too close.

The battery issue's seemingly worsened a lot in the last week. I began feeling the curvature of the screen, on the left side of the phone and then realised that shouldn't have been there. I took it out of the case and the phone screen is starting to get pushed out of the holding by the battery. Only thing stopping it from popping out are the screws. It does explain why the battery drains not only while I'm not using it but even when it's fully turned off and shouldn't be consuming power. I was told not to keep it on charge when it was initially repaired and I still don't, but it's very tempting. It also seems to die when it gets below 25%... so sometimes that's mid-text or mid-scroll.

I hope I can get the replacement sorted, I am very much like you in that I only replace tech when it breaks. Having said that I believe you should replace your phone, or begin the process soon. I don't like Apple's business model of releasing a new phone every year, especially because they're all the same, with more cameras, less buttons and more gimmicks. Now they feel less like phones and more like accessories, or a statues symbol. Similarly to what happened to AirPods, people just wear them out as a fashion accessory.

I'm the kind of person in adventurous situations that needs a push to get going, and after a bit I'll have it covered. When I learnt I was going it didn't fully register, until I arrived up in the forest four hours on foot away from the park gates. It wasn't explicitly dangerous until the summit day but it was a sight to behold. Many a trouser leg got soaked because of the dew in the air, the frost on the ground and the water droplets accumulated on plants. I remember on the school trip I was sharing a tent with some classmates, and when one of them opened their tent we got our bags covered in ice, because of the humidity, and the subsequent freezing temperatures. I also made the mistake of stabbing my walking pole into the ground the night before, and it nearly got stuck...

There was some students who opted not to go, and when I asked some of them after I found at least some reasoning excusable. The usual anxiety and all, but going up was indeed stressful at times. This was my favourite trip to go on, though, because I proved that my determination was enough, along with my fitness, to get me up a mountain.

Attack on Titan's characters are human and that's the best part about the story, it's about humans versus Titans, at least at the start. As the Titans show, and as the manga and anime show, the story isn't afraid to kill off a character or five to prove that these things are a threat. I love it, and it makes for a very unpredictable journey.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jedgamesguy

@Anti-Matter I had a test a few months ago when I arrived here, and the nurse doing my double nasal swab dropped my test after doing it, so I had to have four tests in about two minutes. In any case I'm glad you're at least willing to act in the name of safety, you'll no doubt save many people by taking the vaccine.

I'd love to have it too, but I'm under eighteen. I hope the government legalises the J&J vaccine, because it can be applied to "children"-mainly teens. It's the reason I couldn't watch the Formula One.

@Zuljaras I can't wait to see what it looks like when coloured. Funny you talk about gold, I made some edits to my cover design I posted back on the NL Artist thread, and recoloured the text "2020-21", and a flower motif, to fold. It's beautiful now. Keep it up!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Zuljaras

@TheJGG No coloring those sketches. Those are just design ideas that I will use later when I am making the actual enemy inside the game. I might also use them as in-game collectables like some other games do.

Edited on by Zuljaras

jedgamesguy

@Zuljaras If you've seen the movie Stardust, you'll remember all the dead brothers, who remain in the exact positioning and condition when they died. So a guy who drowned is completely soaking, a guy who fell to his death is all squashed, one guy has an axe through his head, and so on.

This follows this trend and I really... really like it.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@TheJGG
It was from the government policy to give priority for teachers, merchants and public places staffs with vaccine injection at this time. I heard from governement that probably we will do regular school with limited students amount but it will be depend on current situation. I was thinking maybe we are not ready yet to open regular school with this current situation, probably we will do Online learning again for next academic year on July 2021.
But during this situation, my school library was very empty, just only me inside the library, sometimes other teacher visit the library to browse the books for their teaching materials.
I'm also teaching just for Extracurricular Drawing and Math Club after school time (2pm - 3pm) on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I did it from school library as it has portable white board for teaching. I always use my laptop for Zoom meeting, facing forward with white board and my handphone for 2nd additional screen to show the process of drawing or making something from top view.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

How many peanut butter eggs until one is officially poisoned, 100? I think Iā€™m there.

@BruceCM - I like the pour over more than any automatic maker Iā€™ve had, even more than the percolator, which is a pretty good cup of coffee. Itā€™s actually really similar to a French press in its simplicity, except gravity pulls the water through the grounds as opposed to the press actually expelling the grounds a bit.

I like a good cup of French press, but the pour over coffee is a bit less intense, and more smooth with an almost oily consistency (in a good way) and zero grounds in the coffee. Itā€™s just a bit labor intense as you have to stand with it and pour manually. The whole process from bean to a cup of coffee takes me 25ish minutes. Itā€™s not too bad, but it seems longer than that in the morning when I really just need a cup of coffee.

@Anti-Matter - Congratulations on getting vaxxed, I have my first appointment next month. Itā€™ll probably be summer before Iā€™m fully dosed.

@ThanosReXXX - No problem on the email, though you probably will need to watch the film again to re gather your thoughts! You know, Iā€™ve read a few different pieces over the last year that deal with how the pandemic really can add just a ā€œfilmā€ of mental and physical fatigue for most of us. I suppose massive, worldwide sickness and suffering is especially taxing for an empathic person.

Iā€™ve only gotten to my junk shops a couple times in the last year. The inventory at every place is really stale because there havenā€™t been auctions, estate or garage sales. I had to buy an old perler bead witch to add to our Halloween collection that I had passed up several times prior! So, unfortunately, no cool lamps, or creepy statues added to the collection this year. One more reason to hate Covid.

I have gotten major work done in the basement... the basement that was going to be our barcade before kids. Now itā€™s a play room, and itā€™s where weā€™ve done school this year. Haha, Iā€™m giving away CRTs and just hoping I can end up with a corner somewhere in the house where I can set up my old guy vidya games.

@TheJGG - Good ole typing. I guess the best I have on it is that I had a typing class in high school that was taught by an old man who couldnā€™t type. He did a really slow hunt and peck, and his sausage fingers were so big that it was impossible for him to hit just one key. Guess he had to hope the correct key registered first, and he could delete the rest.

@Tyranexx - I just had our plumber out last week! I bounced around for a while, and then found someone I like and trust, which takes a load off the mind. I do as much as I can at home, but I always call a professional for plumbing, HVAC, and most electrical. Thatā€™s a nice little project, especially if you end up with a new, working hose bib. Plumber emergencies are the worst though!

Yeah, weā€™re rapidly approaching yard work weather. A few of my neighbors have already mown, but it seems a bit dry for it at the moment. We need two or three days of rain, and then everything will explode. Pretty soon youā€™ll be carving out big chunks of your weekend to tend to everything! You have roses, correct? I have some wild roses in the yard, and they actually seem ahead of schedule.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

BruceCM

Well, I'm happy with mine but glad you like it, @bimmy-lee.... Sounds like you've been quite busy, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic