Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,341 to 49,360 of 96,530

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx There seems to be some criticism that Death Stranding is far too complicated and repetitive, but I never understood where it came from. The story, the world building and the ideas presented, like Timefall, BTs and chiral matter, are really fascinating. I’ve never really encountered a silent gruff protagonist like Sam, but he has a nice development from what I’ve played through so far. The other characters are cool as well, like Fragile, Mama, Deadman, Die-Hardman...

Gameplay is polarising, you’ll find it either hauntingly atmospheric or repetitive. For me every delivery you make no matter how mundane it might seem, helps reconnect everyone. Things like descending down a cliff with a climbing rope and anchor, or erecting a ladder, feel oddly satisfying. Plus, you’re not alone. There’s asynchronous online mechanics, which allow other players’ structures to enter your world.

Combat can be a little wonky but that feels like the point; that you’re used to delivering stuff, not knocking out MULEs by thwacking them over the head with a briefcase. The encounters with BTs are terrifying even if you have enough weapons to get rid of them.

The music is also awesome. It goes less for melody and more ambiance, and it pays off. Kojima also licensed some preexisting songs from artist that I didn’t even know at all. Search up the songs by LOW ROAR, some of them are so good. These songs also have an ambient feel and would be good for concentrating!

It takes time, but it’ll be a really beautiful experience.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter Yes, that battery is basically used for keeping your save files intact. Many old games (like those for NES, SNES, Game Boy, Sega Genesis, etc.) back in the day had batteries inside to save progress.

In my case for Super Mario All-Stars, me and my other family members have played it so much, that it ended up draining it. That caused the save files for all four games to be deleted. The same thing happened to a friend of mine from high school back in the day. He booted up Pokemon Yellow and it turned out that his save file is gone. Again, it's because the save battery had ran its course.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I love speed, I'd argue more than is safe for ordinary humans! On heat, I'm no stranger to that, during that trip when we were around 11,000ft, I had to take off two layers of clothing during the day, and put it right back on a few hours later. Of course, I knew better than to let my skin get exposed to the sun, it was downright harsh. Sometimes when there would be copious amounts of fog that would engulf the area, it would get really cold, but as soon as it lifted it became much hotter again.

The scenery on the mountain was also unbelievably pretty. On the trail (2500m) leading up to the national park gates, it was abundant with trees, a lot of grass, and it was even a little hot. When we entered the park we noticed that the entire area was covered in tussock grass, almost a puffy kind of bush. It was nice to sit down on, unless it had rained. On my first trip we camped right by a lake, and it was extremely picturesque. When we got above four thousand metres we started seeing these plants, almost looking like cacti, but without spikes. There was a surprising amount of vegetation up there, but of course after we left the highest camp it was just rocks.

I was extremely lucky to do it twice! Really blessed for the opportunity.

End-note, I should have broken both my feet during those trips, because I kept twisting my ankles when I stepped on rocks. How I didn't injure myself I don't know.

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@MarioLover92
Wow, i cannot imagine to consider SNES games on this year as i believe most of SNES games has lost its battery's energy due to aging. 😕
How did you solve your Mario All Stars SNES issue ?

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter But you can just change the battery yourself and the cartridge will be holding saves for another 15-20 years. Even more! You don't even need soldering.

You should be afraid of the DS and 3DS games where once the memory is done there is no way to change it and the cartridge will never save again. But that is only a theory as it could last longer than a human lifespan

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx

Tyrannex wrote:

Ah, so you don't ski as frequently as I figured.

Yeah... seeing as I'm just an average Joe, I lack the funds to go 4 times, like the more fortunate people do...

So, a ram, huh? Guess we'd get along just as well in real life as well, then.

@TheJGG Well, that does sound interesting, but also like something that I would sooner have done when I was a couple of decades younger.

Nowadays, I'll just stick to a casual stroll, or a brisk walk. Or skiing, of course. Let nature and gravity do the work for me, so to speak...

@Zuljaras You shouldn't say things like that when I've just recently bought a couple of new 3DS games. (Well, new: for me, at least)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Snatcher

I made it to the final boss on dead cells and died really got bodied. any way I would like some tips on how to get there on top of beating him, thanks in advance.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX The 3DS uses better memory I think. Still there no records of memory stopped working unless it was faulty which will either not work at all or it wont save at all right from the start.

And I don't even know why I am still giving him advices and offer help when he still acts like a little spoiled girl.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Snatcher Erm... what boss in what game?

@Zuljaras You do know I was just kidding, right?

I'd better not comment on the rest of your reply...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras Star Fox 64 3D, Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, Zelda A Link Between Worlds, Codename S.T.E.A.M., Metroid Prime Federation Force and Ridge Racer 3D.

And I bought one of those Circle Pad Pro contraptions, because I still have the regular 3DS XL, not the newer model.

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I already let gravity push me down the mountain, I spent three hours sliding down a 45 degree slope after I summited. This was all between 7:30 to 10:30am, so I was already dead. Then we had a breakfast and then we did another nine hour hike to camp. That day was the longest day I've had in my life, and I had to experience it twice.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Snatcher

@ThanosReXXX OMG I really didn't put a name there, I be tired not to say the name of the game I'm talking about. Its Dead cells I'm gonna edit that comment.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Yo, you played Metroid Prime Federation Force ? 😛
I have that game too. 😉
It was my first shooter games that i ultimately allowed in my gaming area after very long deliberation.
I still at Mission 11, 12, 13 and still haven't continued the progress for very long time.
1 mission for around 15 minutes was really tense because i should pay attention with my surrounding and shoot the targets wisely as i could run out ammo. From my point of view, Federation Force was looks like Armored Core according from my sibling's gameplay when he played Armored Core on PS2.
Well, actually i prefer the Europe cover version but i got the cheapest option from USA version so... Yeah. Just play the game regardless of the cover.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Btw, today is my 4th Anniversary of my New 3DS XL USA Pearl White purchase day that i bought on 5 February 2017. 😀
I will play some USA 3DS games to celebrate.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Yo, i'm playing Fantasy Life 3DS right now while i'm listening to Super Eurobeat song Save Me by Annerley. Drifting in Fantasy Life. 😎

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Nice! I got the 2 Zelda games. The rest are not my type. Actually I was wondering about that STEAM game. Have to research it some more.

Cartridge based games are just perfect. I was surprised that the Switch was going cartridge based. Can you imagine if it went with discs like the PSP. That would have been terrible and funny in the same time!

Edited on by Zuljaras

MarioVillager92

@Anti-Matter I didn't even open up the cartridge, lol. Nor do I have the necessary tools to replace the battery. Like Zuljaras said, you can replace the battery and it'll be back to saving your games.

By the way, not all SNES games use battery backup for saving games. Some games (like Mega Man X) use passwords that you can write down, so you can continue where you left off. Others have a level select code, so you could use that as a makeshift save feature.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter Well, played it...
I've only just bought the game, so all I played is the training missions and after that I stopped. I tried out all the 3DS games I bought, but currently, I'm still busy playing Wargroove and Dragon Quest 1 on the Switch, so Federation Force will have to wait for now.

@Zuljaras There's a demo of Codename S.T.E.A.M. still available in the 3DS eShop, so you could download that and try it out first. It's actually a pretty big demo, and the cool thing is that if you play it, the experience points/achievements carry over to the full game, AND you get a special weapon for free, which the demo apparently unlocks, as I found out when I booted up the full game.

By the way: did you already play Rise of the Argonauts? I'm looking forward to your initial impressions and/or mini review.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic