Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,541 to 45,560 of 47,037

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Ah, that sounds awful. And it brings back memories, because a couple of years ago, I had somewhat of a similar situation, except it was due to a power failure while I was at work. It happened in the summer, and it was pretty hot. Apparently, the power had already been off for practically the entire day, so around 6pm, I came home to a smelly house and a wet kitchen floor...

Yeah... good times.... NOT.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

I think I found out before any leaky mess could happen. Thankfully... The gasses are bad enough, I wouldn't want to think about the concentrated juices.

Guess I can say that this freezer is really well insulated, since it was probably off for about 3-5 days and it's only starting to smell now.

But I really, really hate the smell of seafood (ironic for an eel, I know) so this is probably what my personal hell would entail.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blooper987

@ralphdibny I’ve been loving picross since I got Murder By Numbers and Picross S on the eShop a few months ago. I’ve played a bit of the Konami one but it’s hard to on my small phone😂

Blooper987

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Losermagnet

I just read a post on Nintendo Everything that Skip, the company behind Chibi Robo, may officially be closed. Their online presence is gone and their offices are now occupied by a different company.

I'm not surprised but this does really bum me out. I really think Chibi Robo had this sort of Japanese Toy Story thing going on and it's a shame that it never caught on.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

HobbitGamer

@Eel Stinky home? Bah, this not problem. Get new house. Call mud bringers in the ahead of times, will have you new mansion soon now.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ogo79

@ThanosReXXX
this game UntitledUntitled
oooooooooooooh! gotcha again

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Anti-Matter

It's dangerous to go alone!
Take this.
Untitled

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

ogo79

NintendoByNature wrote:

@ogo79 not even close. No one gets me and gets away with it

👌

dammit you got me
on another note, check out these sweet streets of rage socks
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature Man, updating in and of itself is busywork, but I also don't look forward to the time of buying and selling as I'm sure I'll also have to do the two both at once. Or at least selling and looking for a place to temporarily rent, depending on future circumstances. Hope the rest of the family of Chateau NBN is doing well!

Things have been pretty good on my end overall, I've more or less moved back into my normal routine after the past month after being furloughed for part of June. A couple of health scares with some of my family, but nothing too critical thankfully.

@Heavyarms55 Thanks for the update! Glad that you made it overseas safely and that everything seems to be going well in regards to your travels.

@ThanosReXXX Weird how that works. The simultaneous desire of wanting all the free time in the world, yet also wanting to do something productive. It's some kind of crazy paradox of adulthood. Where's the next train station? I wanna get off this crazy train....~

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions, Super Mario Odyssey

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791 | Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Heavyarms55

Hey guys, I have successfully reached my destination. For the short to mid-range future, I've moved in with my aunt, uncle, mother and second cousin in a fairly huge house that we now share. My next steps involve lots adjusting to my new environment. For all intents and purposes, I feel like I am still just as much, if not more so, a foreigner. Yes, this is American and I'm an American, but this part of Arizona couldn't be much more different than Michigan and still believably part of the same continent. And I've been gone for 5 years. I was smacked in the face with "reverse" culture shock as soon as I stepped off the plane. This place is even more rural than my last home. Only instead of steamy, humid, Japan, it's hot, dry desert. Very little plant life, very little moisture at all. Dusty, dry and how. It's almost 9PM and I believe it's still about 40C. It was 43 earlier in the day.

@Tyranexx Thanks, I'm here. Yes, it was weird. The airports at Seattle, LA, Orange County and Phoenix AZ were all a bit more busy than Tokyo, still, they looked like what I would see as a slow day at an airport before the world went nuts.

@Mariolover92 Thanks!

@DenDen I've still been having much of the insomnia problems that plagued me before leaving. I've only successfully slept 3.5 hours since I arrived back in north America. And that was only because I took some... perfectly legal... plants. Without them, I'd have gotten nothing.

@NintendoByNature thanks!

@Eel Thank you sir. I'm here now and sort of settling in. Not 4 months, 4 months early, so 5 months. Still very early but I heard from the mother today that the kid is doing well for now. Sometime in the next few days they are gonna do some kind of brain scan to see what sort of damage, if any, he might have. But everything "looks" okay for now. But throwing another curve ball into the mix, said child's great grandfather, on the other side of the family, passed away a day later. Now, I understand that this person was apparently loathed but it's just another layer of stress on my aunt, uncle and cousin. More things to deal with. And stress I can't remotely help with. So I just made sure they knew they could ask me to do whatever if they need another set of hands.

@ThanosREXXX Oh I don't mean 5 hours a night. I mean 5 hours total, over 4 days. In snoozes of 10-20 minutes at a time.

@NotTelevision I didn't get much rest. But I'm finally here at my final destination (at least for the next 6 months to a year - longer if the economy remains boned) and I think tonight I might get a proper night sleep. Maybe.

And yes, both of Tokyo's international airports are ordinarily massively busy. Haneda for example is equipped with enough booths in one of its 3 terminals to have people boarding for 8 airlines, and enough desks to be dealing with a dozen customers at once, for each company. I could imagine thousands of people going through each terminal every hour. And when I was checking in? I think there might have been 36 other travelers in sight.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx sounds like everything is good then, at least. Glad your family is doing well. Any type of illness nowadays is certainly a cause for concern, so im happy it wasn't anything too serious for you guys.

NintendoByNature

Eel

@Heavyarms55 ooh five months increases his chances considerably, depending on the weeks, glad to hear everything looks ok, here's hoping it continues that way.

Oh you're currently in Arizona? That's like, my "home" state in the US. Most of my US relatives live there.

I hope you end up liking it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

ralphdibny

@Blooper987 nice! I actually wanted a small phone but struggled to find a 4 inch one with good enough specs, at least I can somewhat comfortably play picross on my 5 inch phone!

ralphdibny

DenDen

@Heavyarms55 tnx for the response my friend,
I hope you feel settled down very soon, and I really hope you will get the best of yourself again soon.

Now playing
Nexomon
Spiritfarer
FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Zuljaras

Just saw a Animal Crossing NH Bulgarian commercial on the TV.

I mean in my almost 32 years of ... life I have NEVER seen a Nintendo (ANYTHING) advertised on our TV channels.

Zuljaras

Heavyarms55

@Eel I like it as much as anywhere else in the US. lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55 Arizona winters are nice, probably. I thought Phoenix and Tempe AZ were beautiful.

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Switch user name: SpaceDandy
Playing: Rocket League, maybe 3D All-stars are or Micro Motor Racing X

Eel

Yes, it is cold and it even snows. Mt. Lemmon is particularly nice in winter.

I've only ever been there on winter, so I can't really comment on the summers, but from what I hear it gets just as hot then as it gets cold in winter.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

Anti-Matter

Pssst...
Don't tell anyone if i secretly playing ACNH at 3 am in my bedroom after i woke up at 2 am. 🤫

My Favorite Rhythm games
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Pop'n Music
5. Beatmania IIDX
6. MaiMai
7. Taiko no Tatsujin
8. Dance Evolution
9. Sound Voltex
10. Mambo-A-Gogo

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic