Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,561 to 45,580 of 96,535

Eel

The desert is full of life too. It's just a different kind of life.

To try and force the desert to be anything else is ecologically irresponsible: precious resources are wasted to keep the foreign plants alive, and native species are damaged in the process. So it's quite nice to hear your town is not interested in doing that.

One of my cousins in Arizona actually lives in a neighborhood where any plant that would not be naturally living a desert, is strictly prohibited in their gardens.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I was wondering what kind of vegetarian protein source from desert area.
Can we cultivate mushroom on desert area inside the building for growing mushroom ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

I don't think mushrooms like the desert very much.

Living in the futuristic year of 2020, you don't really need to worry about having to produce your own vegetarian protein though... Just buy it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Mushrooms need to be in extremely humid places. The desert is the last place they need to be in

Maybe cactuses are more reliable because I know that some "sand people" eat their fruits (but in large volumes they upset the stomach!) and they make drinks from the juices.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ogo79

@Eel
i searched wrong...for the first time...what an idiot

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

@Zuljaras As far as I know, our local ancient natives mostly survived on fish and deer.

Does deer count as "vegetarian" protein? Eh? Eh?

(I do not live in Arizona mind you, I'm talking about natives in Baja California Sur. I think the few tribes that lived here became extinct after the Spanish found them.)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel Ofc it is!

"We are what we eat!"

So deer eats grass therefore it is grass. We eat deer so we eat grass therefore we are grass ... nothing is at it would seem.

Some deep stuff right there!

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

yeah no joke.
one time i helped make like 21 dozen or so tamales it took like 8 hours.
and 8 minutes to eat them.

the_shpydar wrote:

Eel

Oh wow that’s a lot. Hopefully it was with a fun group of people. Last time I helped make tamales, cousin Linda started talking about her, uh, toad venom “experience” with that desert shaman.

Anyway, I guess I’ll just have a tamal or two for dinner tomorrow.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

Speaking of Tamales, if you reverse the word it will become Selamat.
Selamat is one of Indonesian word which means Safe (Selamat), Rescue (Menyelamatkan), Greeting (Selamat pagi / siang / sore / malam / etc), Congratulation, Celebration (Selamat Hari Natal / Merry Christmas).

Anti-Matter

ogo79

Eel wrote:

Anyway, I guess I’ll just have a tamal or two for dinner tomorrow.

that sounds so terrible, i guess i forced you to eat tamales now, im a horrible person

Anti-Matter wrote:

Speaking of Tamales, if you reverse the word it will become Selamat.
Selamat is one of Indonesian word which means Safe (Selamat), Rescue (Menyelamatkan), Greeting (Selamat pagi / siang / sore / malam / etc), Congratulation, Celebration (Selamat Hari Natal / Merry Christmas).

i can confidently assure you i know how to rescue tamales.

the_shpydar wrote:

ThanosReXXX

@Apportal That's just all the sour-faced whiners who expect that Nintendo is going to drop at least three major triple A titles every month, and who are subsequently "justifiably" offended that they didn't get what they so "realistically" demanded... .

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Do people really expect every company to drop AAA titles every month? Do you refer to the crowd that say Nintendo will lose the next gen war etc.?

If so they are a really small minority.

There are SOOO many games right now that should be enough for a normal gamers for at least 2-3 years ahead.

Edited on by Zuljaras

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras No, they only expect that where Nintendo is concerned, apparently.

Sony can release an upscaled PS4 DLC package as a next gen game and people are laughing and cheering all the way to the bank...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX Well that is because people want more of that amazing PS4 game and they do not care about silly labels as "next-gen" games.

We all know that real next gen games will come 3-4 years after the release of the new consoles.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras still, all companies should be measured along the same yard stick, and it's somehow always Nintendo who's critized more harshly than the others.

redd214

@ogo79 looks yummy! Making me hungry now I'll see if I can convince the boss lady to make a couple dozen for dinner tonight lol. Wish me luck!!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic