Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,561 to 44,580 of 96,322

Eel

I still have an iPod shuffle that I bought a long time ago, though I mostly keep it safely stored, and use my iPad as a music player instead.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Yes, that's why I added player, @Link-Hero ....But the only things linked to playing these 'MP5' things were dubious sounding versions of MP4 players As I pointed out, most Androids can play most videos, so why would you get a dedicated portable digital video player anymore?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@Link-Hero Ah it's a buzz word basically then.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ogo79

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@ogo79 Is MP5 actually a thing?

lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Yeah, it's probably about less plastic, because technically speaking, it's certainly not a better way of protecting the contents of packages, seeing as you can't really "wrap" those bigger bags around something, especially not if it has some kind of odd shape or form, and that is something which you obviously can do with bubble wrap.

And on a personal note, I like bubble wrap more because it gives you more bang for your buck. Maybe not in sound volume, but definitely in amount of pops.

@BruceCM Good that you added the word "phone" in there, otherwise, some unsuspecting readers might think that you're talking about robots being able to play back video content...

All kidding aside, I'd simply call them smart devices instead of "Androids", since not just Android-based platforms can do this, obviously, but also iOS-based ones.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

porto

What are everyone’s thoughts on Paper Mario: The Origami King?

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Apportal
I haven't played Paper Mario Origami King yet.
Still busy with terraforming on ACNH.
But i will consider Origami King as replacement of TTYD as i will never able buy TTYD from Ebay with very unbuyable price + Covid19 pandemic made it impossible to be delivered to Indonesia.

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

sixrings is like the Bizarro version of that Black Knight 93 dude or whoever. Same level of embarrassing obsession with Nintendo, just on the opposite end.

It'd be very easy to ignore them, but its still kinda annoying that they're wasting everyone else's time.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Heavyarms55

I've got a lot of very unwelcome changes coming to my life in the next few weeks ( #2020 I know ) and it's stressing me the hell out. It's made worse because I find I can't talk about it with people - even though I know they mean well, all the things they say - the what ifs, platitudes and silver linings don't just not help but tend to make me feel worse about it. If I start sounding angry or rude on here, it's almost certainly not you guys. So feel free to call me out.

@Anti-Matter That sounds like replacing an Apple with a potato because they are sort of the same shape. TTYD is a fantastic (J)RPG and Origami King is... something else. They share an art style and characters but the game-play is quite different.

Tyranexx

Took a bit of a light forum break for most of this weekend. I intended to get on for a bit last night, but a headache stopped those plans cold. It's not often I go to bed early on a Saturday night. Good news is my head doesn't have an internal jackhammer messing it up today.

@Heavyarms55 Oooh, gonna have to look that one up. Some insane part of me likes watching wrecks and explosions. 😁

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

@Apportal I only put in like 2 and a half hours into PM:TOK, but I like it so far. I love the writing in this game, its environments look gorgeous, and the soundtrack is absolutely excellent. The battle system's ring mechanic takes some time to get used to, but there's no more one-use-only attacks like in Sticker Star and Color Splash, which is a major plus.

I doubt it'll be my favorite Paper Mario game by the time I'm done with it, but I already like it WAY more than SS.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
I wish i can play TTYD but the unbuyable price on Ebay has despaired my wish. 😔
Added with this pandemic situation and my low hype on Gamecube games, i think to forget TTYD on Gamecube was the best way to do unless TTYD got Remaster on Switch. Origami King is available now so perhaps that game will be a nice replacement of TTYD.

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@Anti-Matter Well I don't think it's a bad game - been calling it a replacement just doesn't sound right to me. Like I said, could you replace an apple with a potato? I mean yeah, sure, they are both food and about the same shape, but that's where the things they have in common end.

I really do hope even just a port of TTYD comes to Switch. Doesn't even really need a remaster. Just update the resolution and aspect ratio. That's kind of the magic of the Paper Mario games.

A lot of Gamecube games deserve ports or remasters. I've been complaining for a while now that N64, Gamecube and GBA titles seem to get left to rot while NES and SNES and Mega Drive and that era gets re-releases, ports, remasters etc etc ENDLESSLY. At this point you can probably play SM3 on a toaster.

@Tyranexx Ouch that sounds like a nasty headache. Migraine maybe? I get headaches a few times a month but they are generally very mild and usually a result of neck-aches that I get from my bad posture.

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 I hope TTYD gets rereleased on the Switch in some form too. I mean, Paper Mario 1 and Super Paper Mario got rereleased on the Wii U eShop. I also wouldn't mind seeing a double pack of PM1 and TTYD, even as straight ports, brought to Switch at some point. But yeah...TTYD deserves a rerelease the most, especially with its absurd prices on eBay.

We did get Wind Waker and Twilight Princess on Wii U, at least. That kind of thing seldom happens though.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BabyYoda71

I’m back! Nothing to reply to though... I’ve never heard of a MP5 or a MP4... that’s my biggest contribution!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Right? I think, for a lot of people, we grew up with the N64Game Boy Color and Gamecube/GBA era of systems and don't want to admit they are retro because it makes us feel old. But hell, I'll shout it from the rooftop if it means we'll start getting more love for that era.

I've said before, I don't really care if it's NSO or collection releases or a revival of Virtual Console, but I want access to those classic titles - legally - on Switch. The 8 and 16 bit era of games have gotten re-releases and ports galore. But there's a whole generation of people - my age group from like 25 to maybe 35 who mostly grew up with the N64 and Gamecube. Yes many of us played NES and SNES too, but our nostalgia is ready and waiting to be milked too!

Anti-Matter

LOL
I used Corel Draw 2019 to recreate my whole map on ACNH for Terraforming project.
Untitled

It wasn't easy to decide which area should be built by cliff or river, the size of every buildings with their yard area and the paths i should make based on building locations.
I highlighted the area of each buildings with pink color to know the size of their area.

I was stucked on the Left area (look at the map). 😑
I don't think it's fit to put orchard over there since i will plant tons of Non native fruits and need very large size area.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

I'm liking Origami King a lot, @Heavyarms55 .... I'd definitely be up for TTYD getting some kind of updated Switch port! I'd probably like some of the Gamecube stuff, too, I'm sure it had some games I missed out on

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 I completely agree with your thoughts on NSO, and I've actually and practically been saying the same thing for quite some time now. Even though I am one of the older people on here, and I did have access to the NES and the SNES by means of my cousins (never owned either of the two consoles myself), the N64 was the first ever console that I actually owned (I only played games on home computers before then), and ever since then, I've been enjoying and appreciating Nintendo's systems and games.

So, I definitely also grew up on N64 and GameCube games, and I have SO many great memories on a whole lot of them, so far as I'm concerned, they're more than welcome. Sadly enough though, I have this sinking feeling that Nintendo is going to milk their two most classic consoles for all they're worth, so it'll be quite some time before we'll see N64 titles being added, let alone GameCube titles.

On a totally unrelated side note: whenever you feel that you can't talk about whatever bothers you with the people that you're living/faced with, then you're more than welcome to vent/let off steam in here, far as I'm concerned.

I can certainly understand, what with you basically being ripped out of your preferred society, and thrown back into the one that you'd rather stay the hell away from, that it can be somewhat of a rude awakening and/or harrowing experience, so long as your rants stay within the confines of the site rules, have at it, my friend.

I've got a broad back, so I can take a hit or two, and I don't take things personally very often. Unless it's blindingly obvious, of course...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

MsJubilee

I have been watching American Crime Story The People vs. O.J Simpson. And I have to say it's superb. A perfect cast, acting, and shots push this show to be merely fantastic.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic