Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,541 to 44,560 of 96,531

BruceCM

Hey, that looks suspiciously like a Switch Lite, @NEStalgia .... Admittedly, it's the worst colour option available you've chosen but I'm sure that's what it is

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia And let's not forget the bigger/broader view angles. Or you can forget about it, if that is what you meant with more stable. I personally also think it worked so well, because the 3D perspective was going inwards/into the screen, like a diorama (edit: or rather cardboard shoe box peep show), instead of the more traditional "coming out of the screen" 3D that we see in the cinemas and on 3D TV's.

Both technologies have their pros and cons, and I think that the solution that they chose, is the best for the small screen, so as to create more immersion by drawing you in. Of course, the movie/TV solution requires glasses, but theoretically speaking, even if it would have been possible, I do also believe that it has to do with the screen size, so the diorama view would still be the best solution, whereas the image coming out of the screen works best on larger surfaces.

In cinemas obviously also because you have to deal with a lot of people, so focusing on a single viewpoint or ideal viewing angle would be rather useless in that case, and the same goes for TV's.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Yeah...honestly I wish all mobile tech - Switch, phones, everything, would support that kind of diorama 3D. It relally just works great, looks cool, and gets more out of less.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

Guys I just found something really disturbing about the Switch. Maybe some of you know this but I was shocked!

Did you know that if you delete your update data for a game and then delete all of your saves for that game you can't play from the cartridge anymore. It forces you to download ALL the updates from before or you can't play at all.

The only way is to HARD reset your entire console or you can't play your cartridges.

Tyranexx

I like the 3DS's 3D effect. A lot of the retail 3DS games I've played took full advantage of it. Most games didn't actually need it, but it helped to enhance some experiences and, as mentioned, helped to make up for how low-res the screens were otherwise. I'd argue that some games, such as A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D Land, should be played with it on as they were built with the effect in mind. Others, such as both Bravely games and the Fire Emblem entries only benefit from it visually, but MAN do their environments pop with it on.

I've seen a few examples where some games (mostly shovelware) used it just for the heck of it; even their screenshots made me ill.

@Heavyarms55 Rocket car episode? Now I'm curious.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BabyYoda71

I’ve always found it interesting the 2DS still had a 3D aspect....

Also, how can you play 3D Land with 3D turned off?

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

@BabyYoshi12
"Also, how can you play 3D Land with 3D turned off?"

Unless if you have memorized the actual position of 3D stage despite being shown like 2D. 😉

Anti-Matter

Heavyarms55

@DenDen I've been curious. But I haven't managed to keep up with Pokemon for a very very long time. I see episodes here and there but I just don't have the time. What I can say is that I absolutely like the art style better than S/M era. Though not as much as gen 3 and 4 or 6. Gen 5 remains my least favorite by far though, cannot stand any of the supporting cast, especially Iris. And I cannot judge gen 1 or 2 objectively because of nostalgia. I grew up watching them and love it for the memories, if nothing else.

@WoomyNNYes @ThanosREXXX It's not that I dislike it. It's apathy or indifference. It might be my poor eyesight as well. It just never did much for me so I never really bothered with it. I think I only ever really tried using for that LoZ game. A Link between Worlds? I think that was the title.

@NEStalgia Har har. But I suppose it's fair I didn't go into specifics when I talked about the form factor. I did mean the dual screens and clam-shell design.

@Tyranexx Yes, there's actually a few episodes like that. But my favorite is one where they use rockets to see if it's possible to "pancake" a car. It might be one of the best things ever caught on high speed camera!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Completely agreed.

@Heavyarms55 Ah, fair enough. As for a Zelda game that made good use of it: that was indeed A Link Between Worlds. But what I've also found is that the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time was better to play on the 3DS as well. And not because of the improved graphics, but due to the 3D effect helping to mitigate some of the camera issues that plagued quite a few N64 games. The added depth created on the screen of the 3DS helped make certain jumps and estimating distances easier.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ogo79

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Eel

The amazon package I received today had a ton of those little air baggies they put in to protect stuff, and since I’m a mess, I decided not to pick up the few that fell off the box when I opened it. That’s a problem for future me, after all.

Now the kitchen is a mine field. I had a mini-heart attack going for a glass of water.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Lols, they often seem to overdo those .... It can be fun stomping them, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Heavyarms55

@ogo79 Is MP5 actually a thing?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

WoomyNNYes

Buying gas at Wallops Island Flight Facility almost as fun as seeing Spacex Falcon 9 launch. Maybe better! ❤️❤️ (I gassed up the car there yesterday)

@Heavyarms55 yeah, "mp5 player" = handheld console+media player. I don't know the logic behind the name, though.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

BruceCM

Hmm, never heard of MP5 before .... I suppose it does, sort of, make sense but eh

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@Eel I always preferred the more traditional bubble wrap, instead of those weird little air bags.

Eel

I suppose these use less plastic or something.

At least they're fun to pop too, when you're not stepping on them in the dark.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Lols, according to Google, it seems to be a machine pistol ...

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Yeah, it seems like a bit of a misleading 'format' .... Does anyone still use those portable MP4 players & similar? Or just their phone? Since even mid-range Androids can handle most video formats (with a suitable player & codecs, easily obtained), it seems unlikely nowadays
It's a long time since I had a dedicated MP3 player, before phones could really do that at a reasonable price & I never bothered with a video version! Now I have a PC, I usually watch anything on there, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic