Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,581 to 44,600 of 96,484

Tyranexx

I didn't think the Mini Direct was bad, personally. Nothing in it that I was into, but I am happy for SMT fans. I'm sure some people are really pleased!

Also...Whoever invented the concept of the grass lawn (gardens are fine) needs revived from their graves and repeatedly slapped until their un-life ends.

@Heavyarms55 I'd say it was a borderline migraine. Some of the light sensitivity was there, but typically the worst ones also leave me nauseated and unable to stand much sensory input at all.

I don't get headaches too often these days, maybe once or twice a month at most. They were way more frequent when I was a teenager. About half of them result from eyestrain, which could be why I don't deal with them as often now; I'm usually better about taking screen breaks these days. It doesn't help that I've had vision problems since I was a kid. Sometimes air pressure and my inner ears play a role. As much as I love most forms of carnival/theme park rides, for example, I can't ride ones that majorly spin as the resulting internal pressure usually turns into a headache.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Ok. I finally have a desk, and the computer. I just need to finish preparations to set everything up and be done with that.

Building the PC was pleasantly simple, and from the little time I've spent using it (mostly to set it up and download stuff), it works perfectly. I installed the wifi card today, and the only thing missing is the extra set of fans I ordered (with the pretty lights and stuff!).

That wifi card is really close to the gpu, which makes me uneasy... But the internet says that's ok for a simple setup like mine.

I could find a really nice and simple granite-top desk at a second hand shop which will look amazing[-ly out of place] in my room. It's also extremely heavy and I didn't consider the fact that I'll need to carry it into my room eventually.

It's pretty much a plain table with a drawer, doesn't have any of the extra shelves and stuff PC desks usually have, but it feels way better than any of the fake wood desks I saw.

It's all shaping up, and I feel quite happy because nothing has exploded yet.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Oh, wow, that was quick .... You mean, actual solid rock!? Welp, it'll certainly look great but it'd weigh a bit! Always good, when things don't explode, lols

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx That sounds awful. It also sounds exactly like what my father described when he had migraines. I don't think I've ever had one myself - I've had bad headaches but never the nausea or light sensitivity - just pain enough that I couldn't function once or twice.

Glad you're feeling better. Do you get those often?

@ThanosREXXX That's the thing - you're right that Nintendo will probably milk their classics as much as they can - I just don't see why they can't milk all of their classics. N64 and Gamecube are home to some extremely well loved titles. Things like Mario 64, Major's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Mario Sunshine, Wind Waker... just the name a few I often see on people's "favorite games of all time" lists.

And I appreciate your saying that. I've been doing alright so long as I stay occupied - but my thoughts often fly right into the hard negative as soon as they are allowed to wander.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

@BruceCM I was inspired! And also, the idea of building a PC basically just drilled itself into my brain and I couldn't resist building it before getting everything else ready.

Yeah, it's topped with a big slab of rock, it's quite pretty to stare at. I can tell not all of it is pure solid wood, and some parts of it are a bit scuffed, but it's overall really nicely made.

It's the kind of thing that looks like it'll outlive me and return to the second hand shop eventually.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Probably, @Eel .... A bit scuffed from use is cool, it'll look like it's been there for awhile! I imagine you'll soon have it all set up how you want, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

@Eel
My situation about PC was very opposite.
When you were finally got your dreamy PC, it was the end of my PC as my PC got Freeze syndrome and still Frozen during Safe Mode.
But i got Laptop as PC replacement one month ago.
Finally, after 10 years i was dreaming of having my own laptop.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Hah. Quite.

After over 10 years of using laptops almost exclusively, I finally have my first [personal] desktop computer.

I will, of course, continue using my smaller laptop during trips, since I can't quite travel with a big tower PC in my backpack. So my days of using laptops are not over.

I'm even considering converting this junky laptop (the one I currently use as my main unit) into something useable when the screen finally gives up. I saw a really cool video of someone making an all-in-one out of a laptop.

Too bad about your PC though! Did you try getting to some repair shop? Maybe it just needs a new part.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

@Eel
My PC got Freeze syndrome on year 2018 but i still didn't fix it as i was thinking it wasn't really serious.
But on year 2019, it got more serious symptoms.
I brought my PC on January 2020 to computer repair shop and the technician couldn't identified the cause of the symptoms but they offered me a new PC kit model with adequate budget if someday i will consider the replacement instead of repairing.
At the same time, my PC monitor got molded by fungi and my Speakers were dead long time ago. PC era is over for me.

By not having bulky PC in my bedroom, i can use the PC table for something else.
Maybe i can add another TV to play consoles as i have a lot of consoles tethered to my Sharp Aquos TV.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Well, your guess is as good as mine, but I'm suspecting that Nintendo still sees their NES and SNES days as their own golden age, and rightfully so to some extent, so if you look at it that way, then it probably makes sense to them to re-release all those games first (or only those games, which I hope they won't, obviously), and all that comes after hasn't been nearly as successful, because even though there have been some great and well-received and reviewed games on both the N64 and the GameCube, both systems obviously didn't do all that great commercially, and compared to the competition.

But here's hoping they'll eventually realize that people want those titles from those other systems as well, and that at some point, rather sooner than later, they REALLY need to get with the times, because speaking in general, even for the considerably lower subscription price, it's still a pretty laughable service, compared to everything that's on offer from the competition.

As for the rest: you're very welcome. It may not look like it at all sometimes, but I do also come here to vent sometimes. Especially after a particularly tough or lousy day, to take my mind off of things.

After all: what better place to do that, than on an online forum with a bunch of anonymous friends, who don't immediately judge you for who you are, where you are from or because they think they "know" you, resulting in predisposed opinions, regardless of any actual situation or proof?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Vinny

Every copy of Pilotwings 64 is personalized.
There are reports of people seeing the red baron shooting their planes down in plane mode, and seeing really weird dark, massive buildings that change their shapes (some becoming really bizarre non-euclidean shapes) as you fly near them.
(could this be my derivative creepypasta ticket to creepypasta fame? I think it might need more hyper-realistic eyes)

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

ThanosReXXX

@Eel So, did you go for the computer with the parts that you listed a while back, or have you added/changed any components? That table you've chosen literally sounds like some heavy duty shizzle, by the way...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Eel

@ThanosReXXX yeah I bought the components I listed, plus a few extra bits and bops my brother suggested, like the extra fans, a wifi card, and a Bluetooth dongle.

I do certainly hope the desk will be able to survive living with me. So solid rock looked like a good option 😅

I like to believe it was a good deal too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

Heh, it's in case you pop around, @ThanosReXXX .... Just glaring at a standard PC desk probably makes it fall apart!

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Are you that much of a wrecking ball, then? If so, then I fear for the brand new PC. The table will probably survive...

@BruceCM Heheheh...

BruceCM

It'll be the tempered glass side that'll explode if you look at it too hard ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@Eel And of course, besides it being more sturdy than your average computer desk, it'll also be easy to clean, for all those potential coffee/soup/Mountain Dew accidents...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic