Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,581 to 44,600 of 44,707

Eel

@Anti-Matter Commenting on your posts isn't exactly trolling, I haven't seen anything worse than the usual reactions. But do feel free to add them to your ignore list if you don't find their comments agreeable.

However @LetsaGO, trust me, you won't change his opinion. It would be better to move on to more constructive things.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoshi12

@Anti-Matter Okay we play for different reasons. I respect that. Agree to disagree means ‘let’s not argue about it.’ I see your point and I hope you see mine, so let’s just not argue about how to play.

ThanosRexxx wrote:
Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive.

My tiny little website.

BabyYoshi12

I have a question about ignoring users. If let’s say I ignored @ThanosRexxx (not personal, just the first user that pops to my head.) and then he mentioned me in a comment, would that comment appear? If someone who I don’t ignore like @WoomyNNYes mentions ThanosRexxx, would it appear?

ThanosRexxx wrote:
Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive.

My tiny little website.

Eel

@BabyYoshi12 you would see other people's replies to him, and the bones of his conversations with others, but you would not see his comments, or receive notifications from him.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoshi12

Question- on the contact page, you can contact NL if you have an idea for a game. Is this just to share ideas with NL or what?

ThanosRexxx wrote:
Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive.

My tiny little website.

Eel

Probably so they can tell you "we don't make games"

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Now, if I was a young person, I'd probably be #insulted because of my name being mentioned/used in such a way, but luckily, I'm old and wise, so I just shrug it off...

On a side note: you could also have asked that question without having unnecessarily tagged both me and WoomyNNYes, simply by using terms like "user A" or "one user and another" or something like that. Saves us from clicking on a notification and finding out that it's actually not even worth the click...

As for Anti's cheating: he cheats on several games. Another example is 1-2 Switch, where he plays 2 player games against himself, and he still feels like he's achieved an actual result when he "wins" or breaks a record, when obviously neither of them count in the real world, but he's very narrow-minded/single-minded in that respect, so as mentioned by Eel to that other user, you wouldn't be able to make him see the light, no matter how hard you try.

And besides that, he has a hard time understanding some concepts or decidedly English sayings, also due to his lacking language skills, so the concept of agree to disagree will also fly right over his head. Best to just leave it be, the next time anything like this comes up.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BabyYoshi12

@ThanosReXXX I’ve given up on the whole User A and User B thing. I’ve tried explaining things that happen in TV shows to my friends using Person A and B and it just gets confusing.... oh yes, I forgot he English was a secondary language.

Don’t be insulted! It’s technically a compliment because you’re the first user that pops into my mind.

ThanosRexxx wrote:
Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive.

My tiny little website.

Eel

The first person that pops into your mind, when you think about the possibility of ignoring someone 😉

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Exactly...

@BabyYoshi12 I don't understand what's confusing about it at all. I think it says more about the intelligence of the people you're trying to explain it to. Either that, or your own communication skills...

To illustrate my point, here's two versions of the comment you made, redacted/improved by me:

I have a question about ignoring users. If let’s say I ignored a certain user and then he/she mentioned me in a comment, would that comment appear? If someone who I don’t ignore then mentions that user, would it appear?

Or:

I have a question about ignoring users. If let’s say I ignored one user and then he mentioned me in a comment, would that comment appear? If another user then mentions that user I ignored, would it appear?

See? It's-a simple...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BabyYoshi12

@ThanosReXXX Well, I generally have good communication skills but when you’re explaining long complicated situations, it’s hard. This wasn’t hard, but because of hard ones, I just gave up on it. Well, next time I’ll do that but it’s too late now, because I think Woomy will get notified anyway....

Also, the first person who comes to mind to ignore is someone else, but I won’t say because it’s rude. 😉

ThanosRexxx wrote:
Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive.

My tiny little website.

Ninfan

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

Question- on the contact page, you can contact NL if you have an idea for a game. Is this just to share ideas with NL or what?

@BabyYoshi12 LOL

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Eel

>Finally starts Resident Evil 3 on Inferno mode to unlock the last achievements.

>Gets instantly killed by the very first zombie in a really dumb way.

Maybe not today.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Well, that basically kinda is what I was trying to emphasize: not using names, in general, as a way to not step on anyone's toes, regardless of whether or not they'd actually be bothered by it. Personally,
I didn't mind all that much, but I still found it a bit... typical and/or odd, so that's why I commented on it.

As for explaining difficult or extended story lines in TV series/shows: that's of course another story entirely, so that doesn't really apply here.

P.S.

The communication skills comment was a joke, hence the blinking smiley...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tasuki

Wow I was finally able to find a Switch Lite today at Walmart. It was the last one too so I got it for my brother from his birthday next month as he's been asking for one. Of course In had to tell him that he may not get one till after his birthday due to the supply chain, which he understood. He will be quite surprised on his birthday though now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThanosReXXX

@Tasuki That's quite a gift for a birthday, there. I'd never spend that much on one gift for one person. The closest I'd come to spending hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds, is around Christmas, and that's only because I'll then buy a whole bunch of gifts, for a whole bunch of people.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic