Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 44,581 to 44,600 of 44,806

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Exactly...

@BabyYoshi12 I don't understand what's confusing about it at all. I think it says more about the intelligence of the people you're trying to explain it to. Either that, or your own communication skills...

To illustrate my point, here's two versions of the comment you made, redacted/improved by me:

I have a question about ignoring users. If let’s say I ignored a certain user and then he/she mentioned me in a comment, would that comment appear? If someone who I don’t ignore then mentions that user, would it appear?

Or:

I have a question about ignoring users. If let’s say I ignored one user and then he mentioned me in a comment, would that comment appear? If another user then mentions that user I ignored, would it appear?

See? It's-a simple...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BabyYoshi12

@ThanosReXXX Well, I generally have good communication skills but when you’re explaining long complicated situations, it’s hard. This wasn’t hard, but because of hard ones, I just gave up on it. Well, next time I’ll do that but it’s too late now, because I think Woomy will get notified anyway....

Also, the first person who comes to mind to ignore is someone else, but I won’t say because it’s rude. 😉

ThanosRexxx wrote:
Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive.

My tiny little website.

Ninfan

BabyYoshi12 wrote:

Question- on the contact page, you can contact NL if you have an idea for a game. Is this just to share ideas with NL or what?

@BabyYoshi12 LOL

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Eel

>Finally starts Resident Evil 3 on Inferno mode to unlock the last achievements.

>Gets instantly killed by the very first zombie in a really dumb way.

Maybe not today.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 Well, that basically kinda is what I was trying to emphasize: not using names, in general, as a way to not step on anyone's toes, regardless of whether or not they'd actually be bothered by it. Personally,
I didn't mind all that much, but I still found it a bit... typical and/or odd, so that's why I commented on it.

As for explaining difficult or extended story lines in TV series/shows: that's of course another story entirely, so that doesn't really apply here.

P.S.

The communication skills comment was a joke, hence the blinking smiley...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Tasuki

Wow I was finally able to find a Switch Lite today at Walmart. It was the last one too so I got it for my brother from his birthday next month as he's been asking for one. Of course In had to tell him that he may not get one till after his birthday due to the supply chain, which he understood. He will be quite surprised on his birthday though now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

ThanosReXXX

@Tasuki That's quite a gift for a birthday, there. I'd never spend that much on one gift for one person. The closest I'd come to spending hundreds of dollars/euros/pounds, is around Christmas, and that's only because I'll then buy a whole bunch of gifts, for a whole bunch of people.

Heavyarms55

@BabyYoshi12 I will, I will never forgive @Eel for once having a longer name! I will take this grudge to my grave and then pester them in the afterlife about it! Because internet logic!

@ThanosReXXX That's good advice and the rational thinking part of my mind understands that full well. The problem is, I'm not an exclusively rational person and it's hard to ignore my fears. Thinking "I shouldn't think about those things" doesn't help. XD

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NEStalgia

@Tasuki "sorry about the joycon drift"

So, @eel , if i were to ignore a user... Some insufferably obnoxious jerkbag whom just can't stand seeing day in and day out... Well just call them "T Rex" so as to not be rude...... Hypothetically speaking, how fully would they be purged from my world?

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Eel

Very.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

I got Walt (Cranky Grey Kangaroo) as my 7th villager on ACNH.
Walt wasn't really my priority as i might pick him if i have 3rd island but i have no choice but picked him as i ran out of Tickets.
As i played ACNH, i have to use different strategies as the game cannot be outsmarted like ACNL. If i ran out of Tickets, i will use my plan B (Accept any them until 10 villagers then kick 1 villager, try to get acceptable villager as 10th then kick again another one, repeat and rinse)

Later, i will kick Walt to get Rooney as he is a Kangaroo and Rooney is a Kangaroo too.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

I played ACNL / ACNH for Villagers Hunting.
I will kick some butts the unwanted villagers from my island.
My island is only for Top 10 villagers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter "I played ACNL / ACNH for Villagers Hunting"

This quote won the internet. That's signature worthy.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@NEStalgia
So, after i managed to get 10 villagers, the real hunting is begin.
I will oftenly do Time Travel just only want to kick out the unwanted villagers, get another villagers regardless i want or not, keep the villagers stay 9 as if i get the villagers from campsite, they will not randomly kick out my villagers if i just only have 9 villagers.

I have to keep kick some butts until i get All Top 10 villagers for my 1st island, later i will build my kingdom with All Top 10 villagers by terraforming.

Oh, yeah.
I will put that quote for my signature. 😅

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Anti-Matter

@BabyYoshi12
Thanks. 😊

BabyYoshi12

@Anti-Matter Well, you’re playing that way so I can understand why you’d time travel. I personally think that if you time travel while playing the regular way (I don’t really know how to word that part. I’m not saying you’re playing the wrong way, just not the way most people play.)

ThanosRexxx wrote:
Especially since far as I can see, all of your contributions so far have been positive.

My tiny little website.

Tasuki

@ThanosReXXX Yeah it's a bit expensive for a birthday gift but usually for his birthday I get a gift and take him to his favorite restaurant and maybe a movie. Thought this year he said he didn't want to go out due to COVID and he would rather have a Switch instead.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Anti-Matter

@BabyYoshi12
I will play normally for ACNH after i get All Top 10 villagers.
Work hard, party hard.
I will celebrate the achievement by beautify my island, relocate the houses if necessary, keep my 10 villagers stay forever in my island.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic