Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 43,641 to 43,660 of 96,530

BruceCM

Oh, OK, then .... I'm far from convinced there'd be enough of a market but it's not like I can help, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BabyYoda71

@Zuljaras Oh, about that... I only have 2 Zelda games- Ocarina of Time 3D and Spirit Tracks

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras I for one am disappointed that we won't be able to enjoy the Zuljaras/Anti-Matter collaborative production. The entertainment for the whole crew here would have been legendary.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Speak for yourself. Everything happens for a reason, you know? Personally, I'd rue the day that there would be a game with such horrible cookie cutter Chibi characters...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BruceCM

What, no Breath of the Wild, @BabyYoshi12 .... ? I did have that, finished it all & traded it in!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

I'll absolutely never understand people trading games in, let alone consoles. There's always a chance that you might want to revisit a game some years later, and of course, you NEED all the flagship titles, to show of your console to friends and family. (or people on the fence)

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

BabyYoda71

@BruceCM @Zuljaras Ha, Sorry. I want them both, but never got around to them. Here are my digital games:

Super Mario Maker 2
NES NSO
Clubhouse Games
Splatoon 2
Tetris 99
Pocket Mini Golf
Pokémon Quest

Here are physical ones not shown in the picture:
Mario + Rabbits Kingdom Battle
Just Dance 2018 & 2019
Labo #1

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

I Don't Like Breath Of the Wild That Much! I Don't Know, Am I Missing Anything?

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Zuljaras

@ThanosReXXX I too do not understand the trading and such. For business it is fine. But in our times people first research the games and then buy them.

I can understand parents selling the games of their kids because they did not like them. But it is weird for me that some people who finish a game and then sell it immediately after that and buy another and repeat the process.

@LatsaSpege Breath of the Wild is about freedom and doing whatever you want. It is NOT a traditional Zelda. You can explore and cook. Hunt for shrines. Go to places that are way above your level etc.

Most people expect it to be linear. Nope ... it is a game that you get lost and like it.

Edited on by Zuljaras

BabyYoda71

Zuljaras wrote:

@LatsaSpege Breath of the Wild is about freedom and doing whatever you want. It is NOT a traditional Zelda. You can explore and cook. Hunt for shrines. Go to places that are way above your level etc.

Most people expect it to be linear. Nope ... it is a game that you get lost and like it.

@Zuljaras In that case I already have BotW- only mine’s called Animal Crossing.

ThanosReXXX

@Zuljaras And you also can't ride horses, fly with a delta-wing, shield surf, use powers etc. etc. People not getting or liking BotW, when there's SO much to do in there... (shakes head)

On the topic of trading in: I was actually going to add something to my previous comment, but I forgot. Namely, that I could actually understand trading in your console at the end of its life, seeing as when you've previously traded in/sold all the games that you played on it, there's not really any valid reason anymore to keep a console around, if you don't have anything to play on it. But of course, only as a sarcastic side note, because as mentioned, I just don't get the concept as a whole.

A long time ago, back in the day when home computers were still a thing, I had an MSX computer. I played games on it, and learned to program in BASIC (a skill I've largely lost, because I never picked up where I left off after that), and I had a great time with it, while most of my friends had a Commodore C64.

But then came the Commodore Amiga, and that just blew me away, so I simply HAD to own one, and because I needed the money, I (stupidly) sold my MSX with all of the games, and the accompanying tape recorder (from which some games were loaded), so I could afford the Amiga. I've regretted that ever since, and from that day on, I vowed to NEVER sell any computer again, a vow which I now apply to consoles and handhelds as well.

And ultimately, I fixed the having no MSX computer anymore, by installing an MSX emulator on my modded Wii, so I've now once again have access to all the great games from my youth...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

BabyYoda71

@Zuljaras Oh, I see the difference now. Animal Crossing is:
Untitled

And BotW is:
Untitled

ThanosReXXX

@BabyYoshi12 No, it's more like:
Untitled
VS
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic