Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,581 to 37,600 of 96,534

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Little Big Planet still a big fence for me.
Not really interested with Sackboy looking.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

@Tyranexx how much was switch when it launched ?

Same price it is now.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter You can leave out the "pssst.. " next time. We're not somehow in a place where we need to whisper, and it also kinda creeps me out. But yes, I played it, or at least: a demo of it. I thought it was okay, but not okay enough to buy the whole game, so it's not for me, but you'll probably like it, because it's a lot like all the other kid friendly racers.

@Tyranexx Well, honestly, from what I've seen and played so far, there's actually plenty of story in BotW, it's just that it's proportionally smaller, or it feels that way, because the story formula is typical Zelda, as are all the elements involved, except they dropped the whole of it into a FAR bigger sandbox, so it seems like it's smaller while it actually isn't.

And the shrines are small, yes, but there's so many of them, that in my opinion that does at least partially make up for no larger dungeons. And then there's other stuff to compensate for it as well, but I won't spoil it for you.

But I'll just wait until you have your own chance (and time) to test it out, and then I'll be anxiously awaiting your initial impressions...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - You should shorten “the Thanos Rexxx weekend only drinking method” to “The Thanos Rexxx Method” and go pro with it. You’ll need to add a few steps so people feel like they’re getting good value, but you could easily be a lifestyle influencer with a gimmick like that. I can’t believe I’m already nostalgic for BOTW. Knowing that Tyranexx has the whole adventure ahead of her made me wish I could go back a re live the first evening I spent with the game.

@Eel - Wonderfully boomy is kind of the perfect description. I didn’t know they made some changes. I think I got mine two years ago at Christmas, so it must be a gen one. I’ve used it a lot, and the battery performs the same as the day I got it. I don’t know what it costs, but I like it more than most of the compact, portable BT speakers I’ve experienced.

@Tyranexx - The Switch has some really nice packaging. I haven’t seen the V2 box out in the wild, but I think it looks even nicer than the V1 packaging. I can’t remember if I’ve said this before, but I agree with everything Thanos has said about BOTW, and concerning the story; my experience is that most of it is told in the scenery and landmarks around Hyrule. It’s kind of an open story, and every ancient battlefield or ruined village is up to your own interpretation.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx I'm actually kind of surprised they aren't having a fire sale on all Wii u eshop titles. Mynintendo aside. I mean, I'm sure they would get a huge boost in sales.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Have you been playing VC games on WiiU, or snatching them up for a collection? I’m about as far from a performance snob as they come, but I didn’t care for the way old games looked or played on WiiU. The visuals were dark, and the inputs were laggy. I thought the games performed much better in Wii. If there’s a game you have on VC and know well, make sure you try it out and see how you feel about the way it looks and plays on WiiU.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee a little bit of both actually. Playing what I can but storing away others for a rainy day. My switch backlog is pretty big atm and im playing thru 50+hour witcher 3. So short vc games are a nice compliment. Currently playing dkc2. I heard a while back the same thing regarding laggy and dark Wii u vc games but out of the 8-10 I have I haven't noticed many issues. Im also not really a performance snob so it could clearly be there but i dont know or see the difference. The one game i do notice some grainy textures on is the witcher 3. It's a cool looking game but they had to downsize alot because of how big a game it is, so I'm cool with it

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Can someone help me about PS3 games i have posted on PS3 Games Help thread ?

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Have you tried Google? It is wonderful! It can easily tell you if a content is included in the physical version of a game. I have the same questions quite often and 90% of the time Google has the correct info!

Edited on by Zuljaras

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, I think it can be a game by game, or maybe system by system basis on the WiiU VC. The N64 games I picked up looked the worst. I struggled with the lag in Punch Out. Some games played fine. Who knows? A 16 bit classic does make a nice companion to something huge like TW3. I also like to have a main game going, with one or two smaller games I can dip in and out of. I’m completely intimidated by Witcher though. It looks really cool, but I think I’ve learned enough about it through the years that I’m not sure it’s for me.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yea for sure. I haven't gotten many n64 games other than Mario golf. Id have to back and check to see if there are any issues.

On TW3 front, it's very intimidating at first, and at times, it can be cumbersome and confusing. But I dont think it's nearly as confusing as other rpgs.. I'm struggling to make money and repair my equipment atm. I think i need to do side quests to earn cash which im not crazy about. But I'll manage.

I did get stuck for an hour or so last night and i wasn't sure what to do. After reading ign's walkthrough, I learned i had to "open a book" to actually activate the quest icon. It really stunk since i was walking around aimlessly for a good hour. This was the first time this happened tho to the games credit. Hoping it doesn't happen often. The game is too big to be unclear of where to go. All and all about 10 hours in, it's manageable.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Good to know it’s manageable. I’m not ruling it out, maybe someday in a sale, though I also know enough about it to know it’s a game well worth a full asking price.

Dude, huge game starting right now! Good luck. I hope it’s a good game as an impartial observer. I’m sure @NotTelevision is watching too, so good luck as well. May the best team win. Lots of great recent history between these teams. It’s a fun, weird rivalry.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Eel

@bimmy-lee yeah the wonderboom 2 came out mid 2019. From what I hear, besides the slight difference in looks, the main changes are a battery boost, better bass, and the addition of an "outdoors mode".

Apparently if you pair two gen 2s together you can get stereo sound too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, same here. That first day in BotW's game world was simply magical. That first impression will never be bettered by revisiting the game, and it actually IS one of the factors of why I haven't returned to it yet. Some of the other factors, besides private issues, are time and career, or rather: career switch WIP. More on that later this or the coming month, if I succeed. But it's been pretty tough so far. Even in the new year, I apparently can't seem to get a break. Oh, well. Let's make lemonade...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

1UP_MARIO

@Ninfan it was £279 RRP at launch and still sold at that price but you can get a better deal if you shop around

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

Ninfan wrote:

HobbitGamer wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

@Tyranexx how much was switch when it launched ?

Same price it is now.

@HobbitGamer its €329.99 here in Ireland is that the same price it was 3 years ago

I don’t know, I don’t believe in euros.
I’d imagine it launched at the price of 3 famine-era potatoes.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic