Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,601 to 37,620 of 96,590

Ninfan

HobbitGamer wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

HobbitGamer wrote:

Ninfan wrote:

@Tyranexx how much was switch when it launched ?

Same price it is now.

@HobbitGamer its €329.99 here in Ireland is that the same price it was 3 years ago

I don’t know, I don’t believe in euros.
I’d imagine it launched at the price of 3 famine-era potatoes.

@HobbitGamer LOL .THAT'S VERY SORE

Ninfan

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter hello, I did some looking for you about f1 race stars ps3, yes it has 11 of the 20 F1 tracks and I emailed CODEMASTERS , ( or did you do that already ) to ask if you can still get the DLC Valencia track anywhere.😃

Ninfan

Tyranexx

Wow. Eight notifications, all of which are in this thread. I feel loved! ^^

@Ninfan The Switch was (and still is) $299 here. That particular deal was $289 before tax and came with the V2 console and Spyro Reignited Trilogy. Our tax isn't figured into the price here, but applied at checkout.

@ThanosReXXX Oh yes, there WILL be some impressions. I'm a huge Zelda fan and am really into the series lore. While I don't always buy the whole "timeline" subject - though some games clearly are related to each other - I think it's still an interesting discussion to have.

Glad to know that there's more to the story/plot than I've been led to believe. That was one of the few complaints I've seen floating around. As with anything, a game's pros/cons are up to each individual in the end.

@bimmy-lee I like visual cues in my games; it's a way to try to put some missing puzzle pieces together on your own. I love a good puzzle. You guys are making me more excited to play BotW now! I think it'll be my next timesink game after my current long one...which will be a bit. I've _just_started DQ VIII.

@NintendoByNature I was surprised that there weren't any eshop sales (unless they went unreported from the sites I follow) to speak of. A lot of people like to bellyache about My Nintendo; while it's nothing great, those discounts did save me a few bucks every now and again.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx oh for sure. I've used it quite a few times myself. I usually spend all my platinum points on all the rewards, but whether or not i actually purchase the games is another story.

I gotta say, it shows everyone else you replied to had italicized font except me. What have I done to deserve this?! 😉

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx To give you a real world example, just think of a mall in a small town, or in a big city, and let's make them both the exact same size: in the small town, it'll probably be the hub or the center of the world for the locals and the local youth, and it's kind of omni-present, because of its size vs the town's size.

Now, that same mall in a large city is largely drowned out by hundreds of other stores, maybe even another mall, and it most certainly won't be the center of the city. So, in comparison, it feels a lot smaller, and you'd probably need to travel farther to get there, but it's all relative and perceptional. It's still the same size mall, with the same amount of shops, and the same people capacity.

I hope that example translates well. For me personally, all the whining/complaining about BotW was kind of a lite version of the Pokémon Sword/Shield outrage. Smaller, but still largely overreacted in my opinion. It's a great game, and how innovative it is and how much freedom it allows, is clearly proven in articles about people discovering things, to this day, that no one else has thought of or tried before. Such as the Korok leaf article from last week. And that several years after its release.

P.S.

What's up with all the italic text?

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

I fixed the italic text in my previous post. XD There was an underscore between the two carrots up there (a common way I make a happy/pleased face in text conversation) that the site's formatting translated into italics.

@NintendoByNature My platinum points expire in droves. I do use them, but not too often. The gold coins typically serve more of a purpose these days, but even that is limited since I don't purchase digital games very often.

@ThanosReXXX That's a great example tbh, especially considering that I'm from a relatively rural part of America. Some chain stores and shopping centers that people in more urban areas take for granted are harder to come by around here. One of the best places for the kids to hang out these days is Walmart. There are strip malls blooming up around it. That part of the town is growing.

I'm sure if I have any complaints with BotW, they will be very minor. The only real misgiving I have about the game is that I know you have to gather materials to craft items; while I don't dislike crafting per se, I dislike how time-consuming it is in some games I've played.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Don’t worry, if you’re out exploring and fighting you will come across most of the things needed to craft 75% of things. The ones that really take effort are related to dragons.

I really need to finish BotW...and Astral...and many things. But I’m too busy getting continual “You’re Dead” screens in Witcher 3

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@Eel - That’s kind of cute. Pair up two v2 Wonderbooms, and they make a little stereo sound baby.

@NintendoByNature @NotTelevision - Wow, another crazy NO/MIN game with no shortage of controversy. This is becoming an annual tradition. With no skin in the game, it was super dramatic and entertaining. I’ve been on to next season for weeks now NT, it’s not that bad.

@ThanosReXXX - Well, I wish you luck in your new adventures my friend, it’s never easy making a change, but it’s often exactly what’s needed. Take it out on the lemons whenever you need. Just grab one, and squeeze every last drop out of it.

@Tyranexx - I’m sure you’ll find something or everything to love about it whenever it makes its way into the rotation. I’d probably recommend starting it four to six months out from BOTW2 (whenever that turns out to be) if you make it that long.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

Strange, but i still thinking to play PS3 games i have since last week.
Maybe i have never got a chance to play PS3 5 years ago and when i got the chance, i played my PS3 everyday.
I completely have no desire to continue my BOTW honestly.
But i still kept it, i still saw a potential but other games attracted me more than BOTW.

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Ah good, so I wouldn't have to go out of my way to grind out items most of the time. That's something I dislike, though it sounds like the game doesn't force you to do this. That torture would be under my own willpower. XD

@bimmy-lee We'll see how much longer I hold out. It's one of those games I've been dying to play...but I could say that about a good chunk of my Switch library right now.

Heavyarms55

Hey ya'll, how were the holidays for you? I had a pretty nice vacation, but I am back at work now, which means I'll be randomly procrastinating on this site again.

First unneeded complaint of the year from me: Why are physical buttons being phased out? I really hate these newer appliances that have just a spot you touch for a power switch. I have a lamp and a heater like this and not only can I not use them in the dark (kinda a problem with the lamp) but the spot only works some of the time! I tried turning off my heater this morning before leaving and it took like 7 attempts because the "spot" just didn't register I was touching it. What's wrong with a physical button or switch? Why phase that out?!

On a happier note, over vacation I've been enjoying Atelier Ryza, Stardew Valley, Civ 6 and Pokemon Shield. And I am reminded why I usually prefer single player games as I get my butt handed to me in VGC again and again in Pokemon. I also finished rewatching Battlestar Galactica and various seasonal anime. The best of which was easily Dr. Stone. I was also surprised and a little bummed that the second half of the current SAO season was delayed until spring. I mean, I understand it happens but they left off at pretty much the exact moment I had been looking forward to all season. On the other hand, Dr. Stone confirmed another season but still left off at a good point, wrapping up their arc while still leaving the suspense for the next season.

I also built two Gunpla: a Maganac from Gundam Wing and a RGZ-95c Rezel type-c from Unicorn Gundam.

It was a very nice vacation!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

NotTelevision

@bimmy-lee It was a nail biter alright. But the Saints offense got outplayed, fair and square. Brees’s pride got to him as well since you’ve got to tuck the ball, 4th quarter incoming sack. I’m sure that moment is going play through his head for a while. The NO defense wanted that fumble but the refs booth call was right. His knee was down.

@NintendoByNature Congrats man. The Vikings had a great game.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@NotTelevision - Like a champ. It was a great game, and if you’re a NO fan, they gave you all you could hope for. Brees and Payton still have some time, especially with that young buck Hill eager to steal some snaps. This one really adds to what is becoming a great playoff rivalry. I won’t miss a down the next time they play.

@Heavyarms55 - Glad to hear you had a nice holiday break. Hopefully the charge can last you another semester. I’m at the very end of my break as well, just soaking up the last few hours here until the gears rudely break free from their rusty slumber tomorrow morning. It seems you may still be in the future. I think all my stuff has real switches and buttons. Sounds like I’ll hold off for a while after the great finger sensor switchover.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 I had a pretty good holiday myself. Probably a bit too much indulgence in the food and drink department, but everyone says I need to eat more so I took their advice. I ended up getting Cities, Skylines in that sale and am really getting into it. 3rd restart though. Learned too late about the importance of a good traffic system. My last city ended with garbage piling up in the landfills and citizens getting sick 😂. Live and learn.

@bimmy-lee For real.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@bimmy-lee To be fair most of mine do still have buttons. But I'm seeing this "not-button" touch sensors more and more often over the last few years. My students don't seem to mind everything being touch screens and sensors but I don't like either. It makes me feel like a grumpy old man. I'm glad I don't have a lawn or I might start yelling at kids to get off it. XD

@NotTelevision That's pretty par for the course for the holidays, we all eat more. In my case I got drunk twice in two weeks, not buzzed, but legitimately hammered. I only drink so heavily every few months so it wasn't the healthiest I have been.

I love Skylines. Every now and then I just lose a day to that game. And Traffic is one of the toughest parts. Another thing to be careful of is heat on maps that get cold. I had a big like, 50k population city, then winter hit without heat and an epidemic spread through my city - that was very much game over. Another thing that took a while to figure out was that educated works stop working in industry if you invest in education, you need to convert your industry to office buildings for business. And doing that strains commercial so you need more outside connections to bring in merchandise that you no longer make yourself.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

Food everywhere here too. Doesn’t help we also have to eat the rosca de reyes too.

Interestingly, the only new game I bough this holiday season was Luigi’s Mansion 2, to complete the collection. Not exactly a new game. I was about to get the Witcher 3 for switch but the Walmart employee never walked by and I’m not gonna go search for one. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

My search for the switch lite flip cover was an absolute failure since none of the GameStops, Targets, and Walmarts I visited had it on stock. Thankfully, it now has a listing on Amazon Mexico, but it’s still not available for purchase. I’m afraid the “I have dollars and I MUST waste them” fever is over now that I’m back in Mexico, so I may not be so happy with the price once that shows up on the site.

That said, I still have those 50 dollars I was saving for the flip cover burning a hole in my backpack. Sadly, they will remain out of circulation for about a year.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx wrote:

@ThanosReXXX That's a great example tbh, especially considering that I'm from a relatively rural part of America.

Good, saves me to have to come up with other metaphorical examples, such as a rowing boat in a swimming pool vs in an ocean, or a big steak on a little plate vs a big plate etc....

As for the crafting bit: if anything, I hope that you'll have the same experience as me. I've never really been into crafting either, and yet BotW managed to use just that, to rob me of almost an entire day, without me once being annoyed or frustrated about it. And crafting may not be the right word, since all you'll be crafting, is foods/recipes. The weapons come as is, and can only be sorted in an inventory, because most of them only have limited usage, so the average rusty sword will break down after a couple of fights, and so on.

Here's a bit of info on that, without spoilers:
https://twinfinite.net/2017/03/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-weapo...

@bimmy-lee Thanks. I'm doing my damnedest trying to achieve just that, so we'll see where that gets me...

P.S.

You're STILL on holiday? Lucky you...

@Heavyarms55 I can largely relate to your frustration about button-less appliances and things. And yet, on the other hand, one of those fancy kitchen taps with a sensor, so that you don't have to try and twist the knob with your greasy or dirty hands is still something that I'm quite interested in...

@Eel Ah, being forced to eat three kings' bread. What a horrible position to be in...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic