Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,461 to 37,480 of 96,538

Ryu_Niiyama

I don't think Joycon drift is an epidemic ( I'd say at best five percent of switches sold) but it is a known issue. It is rather hard to argue that. I still need to send in my current drifting pair. Since they sell the greens in the US now I'm not as afraid that they may kick them out due to one of them being from Japan. If my DQ ones go I'm just going to buy a new set and rip out the guts. I'm not risking those not being returned.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 We have Gundams and Space Elevators on ever streetcorner! @bimmy-lee sadly, not. Only some people learn. Those people who TRULY believe in the the light side of the Force!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Sounds awesome. If by any chance you see Mega Man, tell him I say hi!

@ThanosReXXX You too. Have a safe and wonderful New Year (and New Decade, of course), everyone

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

HobbitGamer

8 hours to go here. Thinking of gaming a bunch with my friend tonight. We did it last year and had a blast, plus she got Mario Party for Christmas

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

@Ryu_Niiyama Eh? 5%? I mean, I've gone through uh... 8 drift cases since I got the Switch, I figured it was more of an inevitability of the design than something that only some would experience.

link3710

HobbitGamer

@link3710 Yeah, it's as much an inevitability as a small structural weakness for a house foundation. The condition is always there. I used my real life car analogy months ago, and it still stands; There's a certain sub-year set of a generation of Jeep Cherokee motors that turned out to have too weak of a cylinder wall. When it finally cracks, it blows the head gasket on the motor. It can happen at 25,000 miles, or 250,000. No amount of care or proactive action can prevent it. There are certain things that anecdotally may speed up the failure; overheat/radiator problems, continual overloading while towing, infrequent fluid changes, water pump failure. But it's a matter of when and how it will happen, not if. The failure rate was determined to not be of a high enough frequency to warrant any type of recall work, but is noted by present and former Chrysler engineers.
What was I talking about?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

Just loaded up the fridge, so I’ll say happy New Year now to everyone. Have fun, and don’t worry too much about being safe. I’m glad I was around for the rare @ThanosReXXX phone post. I watched Gremlins 2: The New Batch one year on New Year’s Eve. What a gem. It never gets mentioned along with Godfather Part Two as the rare sequel that’s better than the original, which is already a classic. It’s showtime!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

Oh boy, a brief phone post from @ThanosReXXX ! The New Year already is full of surprises.

Doing dinner and a movie with some of my family. Pretty sure we've decided on Richard Jewell.

Almost 7 1/2 hours and counting here. ^_^

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee @Tyranexx Yup, no text walls from this guy tonight. Between me and my stash of beers, I simply don't have the time... 😂

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX So instead of a wall of text, you're armed with a wall of beer. Tasty trade-off!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Beer and good food, of course. The days of keg parties are long gone... 😉

Happy New Year!!!

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

1UP_MARIO

Happy new year all. Have a great one.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

Eel wrote:

Ok the Wild World town is clean and ready another new years celebration.

Gotta keep the traditions alive.

Did you play Animal Crossing Wild World DS ?

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Gerald

Happy New Year to all at Nintendolife and Posters.
My 2 New Years Resolutions of stopping drinkin, and having a positive attitude, has already failed.
Never mind, will try again next year

NNID: Ootfan98
3DS FC: 3909 - 7501 - 9000

Tyranexx

Richard Jewell was sold out, so we're gonna watch Spies In Disguise instead.

@ThanosReXXX Can't argue with some great food! I've had my fill for now.

Happy New Year to you! Still a little under five hours from midnight lol.

HobbitGamer

We just watched Assassin’s Creed Lineage, and I explained the pre-AC3 games while gobbling Chinese food. Now we’re gettin ready for a Mario Partaaaay

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic