Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 37,381 to 37,400 of 96,490

Tyranexx

I do wonder how much longer GS will stay in business. I don't think it'll deep-six right away like some believe, but I wonder what'll happen if they have another quarter like their Q3. It wouldn't affect my game purchasing very much, but it's definitely convenient to have one nearby to trade in old games that I don't think I'll play again.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

If someone have Ratchet and Clank Trilogy PS3 Europe version and want to sell it, please put it on Ebay and i will buy it as long it can be delivered to Indonesia. šŸ˜‰

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Yeah, thatā€™s what Iā€™m gonna keep and eye on, that and CAG forums.
@Tyranexx Iā€™d say quite awhile if they continue to streamline. I worked during the launch of Wii for around 3 years I think. There was far too much store saturation after the EB Games and FuncoLand buyouts, so a lot of the news around store closures is largely related to that. In our district, we had 4 stores all within half a mile of each other, for instance. Two were less than 300 yards away from each other in the same mall. Then the ThinkGeek stuff went way overboard, before those types of products were more accessible to everyone. And the store layouts also send a contradictory message to detractors; folks assume thereā€™s all the apparel and the like because no one is buying it so thereā€™s tons. But the layouts are all largely based on a per store standard of money per square foot. Thatā€™s why the game sections will increase or decrease per platform every once in awhile. Of course thereā€™s always junk product that never sells that well, and those get banished to impulse racks and the like.
That went on longer than I thought, haha. But I think theyā€™ll be around at least another 7 years.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - What were you trading in to get that kind of return? Iā€™ve never been much of a reseller, the local buy/sell/trade shops were so miserly when I was a kid that it pretty much put me off of reselling. Does GS work on a percentage for an average, last gen game? I could probably go through my Wii/U libraries and find a handful of games Iā€™d be willing to part with for a decent rate.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Anti-Matter

Oh, guys....
Look what i have bought this afternoon. šŸ˜€
Untitled

A White color of PS3 Slim 320 GB with two starter PS3 games. šŸ˜
Now, i have Three Sony machines with Pure White color: PS2 Slim Japan, PS3 Slim and PS4 Slim.
Except my PSP 3000 (Hybrid of Carnival Blue for front face but Cobalt Blue on the backside) and PS2 Fat USA (used to be Black but i swapped the shell with White color and Black color still remained on the Disc tray and Memory card slots) šŸ˜…

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

I finally saw Frozen 2. And I liked it so much more than the first movie BUT the songs were not good. Everything else was step up from the first movie.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee Five Switch games;
Starlink (still have digital) $7.20
Red Faction $12.70
Daemon X $32.5
Three Houses $32.5
Hyrule Warriors $32.5
They have a promo that gives $5 extra on a Switch game trading in at $2 or more, so $25 was promo. I may drive to Pooler or Savannah later and check out their stock before the B2G2 ends.

Unrelated, but I think I still have negative air pressure trapped in my sewer line. So that oughta be fun.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

Zuljaras wrote:

@ThanosReXXX As I told you I was making a Christmas House made of Sweets. And here it is almost finished.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It is twice as high as Sandshrew and twice as wide. I was going to kill myself doing it as it is jolly and bright!

And it is not over yet! I have sweets and around 20 sugar canes to glue to it so it could become even more ā€¦ jolly!

PS: Just in case I told my fiancĆ© that there might be 2 or 3 dead families inside the house ā€¦

This reminds me of a video I watched where someone took a screenshot from Links Awakening (Switch) and remade it with clay.

You could probably pull that off.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

@Eel I saw that actually and it looked really good. They made it with coloured clay. It was awesome! I plan on getting some of that clay too but for different things.

However I plan on making some original sculptures or some figures from Heroes of Might and Magic series

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Come to think of it, I did read that saturation was a huge reason why there were so many store closings a few months ago. I agree that the streamlining I've been reading about might save them. In an area where the only secondhand game/electronics store (which only takes games as their inventory allows, and mainly retro titles at that) is over thirty minutes away, the GameStop that's fifteen minutes away is welcome. Walmart takes trade-ins now, but I prefer GS. Most of the employees have been there for years, generally know what they're talking about, and are pretty awesome people. I've only ever had one negative experience there several years ago (though that was partially my fault; I had some anxiety issues going on then), but the employee in question hasn't been there for years.

There used to be three within reasonable driving distance. Besides the closer one I mentioned, another is in the same town as that secondhand store and the third closed a few years ago; that last one was in a town about thirty minutes in another direction.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer I went to 3 GS's today with not much to come home with. Was hoping for some good wii u games but i didn't find much unfortunately.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx I still enjoy having fun with the seasonal hires, because Iā€™m awful. One last night said they didnā€™t take Starlink because it requires a download, to which I replied ā€œyou do take it, thatā€™s not a thingā€. Then he said he couldnā€™t take it because it wasnā€™t in the system, so I showed him my phone with the trade quote. Then he said heā€™d have to have someone do it on another terminal. So I waited for the ASM to take me, who likes me and laughed about it.
@NintendobyNature I decided to stay in town and just picked up Everspace for $30 while I wait for Witcher to get back in stock.

#MudStrongs

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer I hear ya. I cant wait for tw3 to arrive. Showing Tuesday. I should have enough time to play thru at least 1 run of blazing chrome in the meantime.

Question for you chit chatters, anyone try Angry Video Game Need Adventures? How is it?

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@HobbitGamer Heh, don't drive those seasonal hires TOO crazy now....

On the other hand, that is good customer service practice. XD

Eel

Watched Klaus on Netflix. That was nice.

I shall accept it as the unofficial official origin story for the Santa Claus from Rise of the Guardians.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

I couldn't resist and got Metroid Samus Returns. The only copy in the store that I was seeing for the past year.
People here are not keen on 3DS.
I only got it for 10% discount.

But I will enjoy it to the fullest!

Tyranexx

@Zuljaras Metroid: Samus Returns is an excellent game. I just played it fairly recently and enjoyed almost every moment. A couple of the bosses are a pain, but the satisfaction when you finally beat them is worth it.

I've also played the original GB outing, so I thought I knew what I was in for. But they do throw in a few surprises. XD

Anti-Matter

Guys, guess what game i have played just now ?
Untitled

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic