Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,961 to 36,980 of 96,472

Anti-Matter

Aaaaaagh...!!! 😵🤪
I overslept again when i have to work again on my PC to continue my Calendar 2020 project. 😣
But fortunately i have done a little bit at my school during free time so no blank effort on one day. 😅
Even i couldn't play my Switch game very long today due to start get sleepy during playing and i have save the game quickly.

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Oh lurty!! And to think that awhile ago, the major concern was the pup thrashing her.

Did she just try and nest while it was still hot?

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

The car had been just moved, but it wasn't exactly hot from use. I think she just liked the hiding spot.

Well, at least she still has ears!

She did learn to fear the pitbull and doesn't wander into the backyard anymore, thankfully. So maybe she will learn that "car bad".

The dachshund made sure to [agressively] comfort her [against her will] all morning long, so it's fine.

Edit: here, a pic:

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

I have a lot of animals wrapped up in moving car parts experiences. Mice, rats, possum, and more than a couple family kitties. It’s pretty horrible to drop that news on a customer. At one shop, we had a cat lady regular who had cats living in her station wagon. They had a litter box, food, and water bowls right in there. The smell was eye watering, and all the cats looked like the sickest possible alley cats. They all made horrible screeching noises.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Tyranexx

Yeesh. Glad the kittay still has eight(?) lives! She doesn't look too happy about her dachshund friend. XD

We unfortunately lost a few barn cats that way growing up. Chiefly from my dad's truck. They were outdoor animals and liked cuddling up in the wheel wells and the warmer engine parts. Dad started parking the truck farther from the house, but that only helped a little.

Spoiler alert: the truck boss won most of the time. The luckier cats either received a free lift elsewhere or had the sense to escape before the parts really got moving.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Yes I also saw her resting on one the wheels one time. Fortunately she hasn't tried that again because that would be most definitely dangerous if she tried that in the morning.

She's honestly very lucky only her ear fur is missing!

She seems mostly content jumping around in her cardboard box fort and the various tables (she can finally go up to her feeding area by herself). And I've seen her in the ground with the dogs more often lately. Though she definitely doesn't appreciate being treated like a toy by them.

Hopefully she'll decide to cuddle with them during winter, instead of playing inside the car.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TheAwesomeBowser

Went to grab Lost in Space and... It's not there. I'm in Australia so maybe it's a regional issue? I dunno.

Own up to Joy-Con Drift, Nintendo. We all know it's your fault

HobbitGamer

When Jack was new to the house he had a bad habit of running out the front door when I would leave for work. He would stop at the rose bushes, then dart off to my truck and try to sit on the axles. Since he’s so big and stubborn, it was a fight to drag him out of there. He eventually got tired of always being dragged out, so he doesn’t do it anymore.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@Eel "She seems mostly content jumping around in her cardboard box fort and the various tables"

Aren't we all?

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I actually thought you were more of a closet-kitchen fan...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Eel

Hah, I was checking if the 3DS Shovel Knight had any updates available and the description of the game on the eshop still says:

"Shovel Knight: King Knight campaign coming out in 2017!"

Bloop.

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX If only the closet-kitchen had a fan!

BTW, I was thinking yesterday and realized I really don't have it very bright in there at all. In fact it's kinda dark. There's "moderately good light in the one side, and very little on the other side when that one light is on.

Oh, also, we were talking about lawyers and court of public opinion and all that the other day, and what do you know, I saw on TV and ad for a new Clint Eastwood-directed movie about Richard Jewel (The "1996 Atlanta Olympic park bomber that was, in fact, not, and he was presumed guilty by the media and court of public opinion for months) as part documentary epic and part social commentary on the whole trial-by-media-frenzy problem. Good timing on our topic!

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Apparently there’s some US media not happy about that film. I mean, duh. I wouldn’t be happy when ever someone pointed out a mistake I made and I hadn’t come to terms with my own responsibilities about, either. 😂

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer LOL. The fact that the media is actually defensive about a movie relaying the actual story that anyone alive at the time watched unfold in real-time, as though nobody remembers it and reality is theirs to craft really says it all.

Sad thing is they doubled down on doing that since then rather than learning not to do that again, and it's now standard operating procedure.

That Dutch system of anonymity of suspects really sounds good.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Tsss... and all the while telling me how there had to be sufficient bright light in the kitchen, because you didn't want to accidentally cut off any fingers, blablabla... You should be ashamed of yourself...

As for Clint Eastwood: although some of his more modern movies are pretty good, I'd rather watch any one of his classics, whether they'd be westerns, Dirty Harry or movies about street fighting with cameos of orangutans...

As for the Dutch justice system, it does sound good, but like I said before: both systems have pros and cons. The Dutch system is better for protection/after-care of people that are ultimately proven to be innocent, but it isn't really great when, far as I'm concerned, people that ARE guilty, are over-protected by both lawyers and these specific rules in the Dutch justice system.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

I didn't feel good lately. 😞
I oftenly felt sleepy after several minutes playing video games even my Switch games.
The pressure to work with my calendar 2020 was really made me sleepy easily.
I felt guilty after awaken in the midnight and skipped the chores that should be done before sleeping time. 😞

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@NEStalgia @HobbitGamer - I remember watching the news one night, and part of the “evidence” against Jewel was along the lines of, “How does someone just happen to notice a lone, unattended backpack?!?” As if it was some sort of impossibility that he would investigate something like that, even though it was within his security section and had been sitting there all day as it was planted the night before. Today, he’d be an instant hero as we now know it’s almost always an unattended backpack or box. I agree with you NES, it’s a really timely subject, and I look forward to watching the movie.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I think I probably should make it brighter, honestly. Or the bulbs are getting close to dying. Which is possible. Unfortunately I put all the fixtures in riiight before they decided to do away with incandescent and switch to electronic bulbs. So a few places like the kitchen, I have LEDs inside enclosed ceiling fixtures where they overheat and burn out at least once a year. Thankfully the bulbs are no longer $40 a bulb....but still, it's a source of frustration. I feel like the room was brighter a few months ago. I think that tends to happen when the LED bulbs start getting iffy. Ugh. I hate changing that thing. It's one of those that you hold the glass while you unscrew the nut, and hope you don't drop the glass when trying to not lose the nut, especially when putting it back on.

Haha, well, there's nothing like an Eastwood classic, but that was his acting days, not his directing days, not that he doesn't still do a little of both.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee He was an instant hero, right before he was an instant villain back then too. That was the beauty of salesmanship of "the narrative" (right around the time news outlets started pushing "the narrative" and "telling the story" instead of "just the facts.") Day 1 he was a hero. Evening 1 he was the calculating mock hero of his own murderous intent and nothing could get in the way of that gripping narrative of false heroics by a criminal mastermind.

Same as today, except today we'd also have some Facebook post he made when he was 12 that might have been able to be interpreted as racist and a huge expose over weeks of every forum connection he ever had and how it all links together to prove he might be a spy from Sumweristan.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic