Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,941 to 36,960 of 96,574

Anti-Matter

I will focus on hunting PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/PSP i haven't get yet on year 2020.
I will take hiatus for a while from buying Switch games since i have to hunt rare old games from Ebay / playasia as my main priority.

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

@Tyranexx I'm just here to point out that both Rocket Slime and Ghost Trick are awesome. Love those games, both should be more well known than they are.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NEStalgia

I haven't really been buying any PS4/X1 games due to having barely touched most games for a little while. I've still been buying the major Switch releases when they come up. At this point I'm going to save Luigi's Mansion for next Halloween. When you're already most of the way to Christmas, it's just too late to open that gem. Oh well.... Never made it through FE3H....I finished up Ys 8 at least. Sw/Sh is up next. First I need to get some Galvanized Chainmail of Verbal Dexterity +2 and a firehose.

NEStalgia

Tyranexx

@kkslider5552000 I had heard of Rocket Slime before that list from a YouTube video that listed someone's top ten Dragon Quest games. The manual enough is pun-happy, so I'm sure it's something I'll enjoy.

I hadn't heard of Ghost Trick at all and wondered why it had scored so highly. That decision only took a little homework and some gameplay videos of the early parts of the game. XD

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Eel

Ghost Trick is truly an excellent game.

It’s also on iOS, though I’ve never played that version. I assume it’s not that different from the DS one.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Not gonna lie, i still thinking about Ratchet PS3 games until today. Like my hype about PS3 suddenly made me anxious and excited at the same time. I have no PS3 hype at all after i sold all my PS3 games i have on year 2015, but now i regain my PS3 hype again after i have found White PS3 Slim at my local game shop and Ratchet PS3 were still arousing my mind. I don't know what happened to me.

Anti-Matter

Eel

My dad has finally discovered that his copy of photoshop elements does, in fact, come with the option to deform text and add borders, etc.

Turns out all this time he had been going back and forth between photoshop and his 2000’s photo editing software just to add decorations.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

This new psy/fairy Rapidash is beastly. Psycho Cut is my favorite move since Psybeam.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I've been watching the Irishman in 30 minute increments and it's pretty good. Surprise appearance by Sebastian maniscalco which is pretty cool. Didn't see that coming

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

This new psy/fairy Rapidash is beastly. Psycho Cut is my favorite move since Psybeam.

For some reason, this brought to mind a sort of Psycho parody where Galaridash psychically chases unsuspecting trainers around with levitating knives.

It's been a long day. X_X

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx I'd be okay with that version. Like using Sword's Dance, but useful...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Eel

I just got a non-english ditto through a surprise trade in Pokemon.

I've been blessed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

HobbitGamer

bUt Is It IV5??

#MudStrongs

Vinny

Thanks Mr. Takanaka for this masterpiece.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

NEStalgia

Entered the chit-chat thread, saw Pokemon conversation.

Can't stop shaking.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia I was thinking about picking one of the two titles up at the end of the month, but I'm not quite sure if I'll have enough time to invest in it, and what with the rather heavy online focus of battles and special events, something which I don't like or prefer, I wonder if I'd get enough out of it, to warrant a purchase, or that I should perhaps save the money for another game. I just don't have the time (or sometimes the energy) anymore to play these lengthy kinds of games.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

Being uninitiated, Pokémon conversations always look like they’re half in English, and half in a language I failed to learn, yet it’s vaguely familiar.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I’ve only played one match online. I’ve got about 36 hours with 4 badges and 106 pokes, if that gives any perspective. And that’s with a good amount of piddling around.

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX I already have my copy....I'll probably open it for Christmas and use it to get back into gaming after a prolonged period of being too busy for it. I haven't heard much officially about an online focus though. I think that's just the "1337 h@RdK0r3 kawaii animal collecting" veterans going on about their online accomplishments.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Yes, it actually does, thanks. Might have to pick it up after all, then. Normally, my modus operandi for all my systems is to simply buy most of the exclusive and/or must have games for it, regardless of whether or not I'll actually spend much time playing them.

The thought behind it is that certain games simply belong to certain consoles, so in my opinion, you can't have a Nintendo console without a single Mario game, whether that be Mario Kart or a 3D platformer.
The way I personally see it, is that it's a bit like going to Paris, and not going to see the Eiffel Tower.
That's you NOT really having been to Paris...

EDIT:
So in short, and to be clear: I've got Pokémon games, or at least one Pokémon game, for each and every one of my Nintendo handhelds and consoles, so my Switch must have one too, simply to add to my collection of "necessary" games for the system.

@NEStalgia Well, every other article on here that I see, mentioned some kind of online event, often also timed, making me feel like I'm missing out and/or will be running after the herd instead of with it, which is where my doubts about it still being worth a purchase came from. Will I still be able to snag that special monster that only appeared on Black Friday, if I start playing the game in January or February, or will I simply never get certain monsters and/or events in my personal travels? That is something that I still don't know.

But I guess that if it's not THAT online focused, like HobbitGamer seems to say, then it might still be worth considering. I guess I'll just walk into the store with the amount of money that I want to spend, and then we'll see with what games I'll end up walking out of that store again...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic