Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,921 to 36,940 of 96,531

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX If plural of cactus is cacti, and fungus fungi, I'm going with the plural of fetus as feti. Screw the dictionary, OCD demands grammar constancy!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Dogi?

@NEStalgia Yeah, yeah, I caught on already. Personally, I'd go with fetussen, though. Ask @bimmy-lee, he'll understand...

EDIT:
On a side note, I'm assuming from your previous comment that you confused "gender reveal" with "coming out".
If so, then it's more a state of mind than the state of the world, my friend...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Eel A Jedediah...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Added an edit to my previous comment...

NEStalgia

@Eel Apparently, English is what happens when you try to combine Gaelic, German, and Latin into a comprehensible language. There are no rules at all and the ones there are don't actually make sense.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Sensuses? (semi-derived from "consensus" and then cobbled together from there on out)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX There was a consensus that consensi should be gathered in the forum of a sensus. These regular sensi aggregate the consensi of the population via each sensus.

NEStalgia

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I’m pretty sure it’s fetusesses. You’d think I would know since I’ve had a couple feti in my life, but the truth is much like parenting: I have no idea. Just go with what sounds right, and trust the instincts. There may not even be a right answer!

@NEStalgia - I’m just biding my time waiting for the “what words rhyme with buck and muck” game. It happened with my daughter. She was just making up words one day and stumbled right in to a very clear fbomb, and then asked me if fbomb is a word. It was some of the most difficult straight face work I’ve done so far.

@NintendoByNature - I just saw your comment yesterday about the Treasure Trove price. Thanks for the heads up!

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Doofus...

@bimmy-lee Nah, man. I mean: boxen, moosen... it's definitely fetusen...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@bimmy-lee It's all fun and games pretending it's not a word. But she'll learn quickly the next time she kicks daddy in the shin. The time is so short between "is f-buck a word?", and the discovery of Hot Topic.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
I will play those Ratchet PS3 games once i got the machine and the games. I promise. I will get the machine on January 2020 with at least 2 PS3 starter games.

Btw, did you play Planet 51 by SEGA ?
That game have been released on PS3, XBOX 360 & Wii. I saw Planet 51 looked like Crazy Taxi somehow. Is that good game ?

Anti-Matter

ThanosReXXX

@Anti-Matter I meant play it BEFORE you buy, so you can have a better idea before you spend money on a game that you might not like after all...

And yes, I did play Planet 51, but a VERY long time ago, on the Wii. It was okay. There's Crazy Taxi type gameplay in there, but it's more like a kid-friendly GTA open world game, with 3D platforming elements, so you might like it.

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX Will do. The only thing is I'm currently on a self-imposed game buying embargo for a little while. I haven't picked up anything for a couple of weeks now and don't intend to again until after Christmas. I've been trying to restructure how I pick up games after the DS/3DS game fiasco I went through earlier this year.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx First some self-imposed time away from the site, now a self-imposed restriction to buy video games...
Are you moving from one embargo to the next?

All kidding aside, though, I totally get that. I had somewhat of a similar situation last summer, when I bought too many games and pre-ordered the Sega Mini on top of that, making me go WAY over budget, so I can definitely relate. I'm hoping to have some extra money left at the end of this month, so I can finally spoil myself with some new games and/or hardware again...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Tyranexx

I was kind of a sheltered kid for a little while in regards to swearwords. I knew a few of them but gradually got introduced to other meanings over time. I had to have the f-bomb and all related devices explained to me at age 10 after I got into the habit of using my middle finger to point sometimes. I was totally innocent of that particular hand gesture before that.

@ThanosReXXX What happened was that, since the 3DS is on the way out, I went a bit crazy trying to pick up a few games before their prices started surging up. A couple were also on clearance at my local Walmart and were much higher online otherwise.

Throw in a small handful of DS games I realized were missing from my collection and you get a recipe for some crazy spending. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Ah, I figured as much. Bit of FOMO creeping in there, huh?
Back in the day, I solved that particular problem for my all my DS'es (Phat, Lite and DSi XL) by buying smart cards/flash cards for all of three of them, but for the 3DS, I just stopped buying games at some point. I don't even have that many, but I'm not really using it anymore either, so I might buy some more if I come across them in a bargain bin or something, but other than that, I'm more focused on current gen hardware now.

And besides: across all handhelds and consoles, my back log is already more than big enough as is...

Tyranexx

@ThanosReXXX The good news is that I'm content with my 3/DS collection for the time being, so now I can focus more on other platforms. There are about three or four 3DS games on my "maybe" list right now, none of which I'm dying to have...yet. If only I didn't like RPGs so much....

I place some of the blame on that Best DS Games list the site did a couple of months back. Then I wouldn't have realized, after research, that I needed both Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime....

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic