Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,641 to 36,660 of 96,485

Sunsy

Since @ThanosReXXX suggested asking here, anyone else having trouble viewing the posts page on yours or anybody else's profile. It keeps returning a 502 error for me.

Can you post your "Me toos" here?

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Haha, yeah, that's a good option too. So it was actually the Kingpin's death mask, then.
Does on the one hand make you wonder what he'd have to do with Pro Evo or soccer/football, but then again: what didn't he make money from, right?

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Sunsy You better also post the page they're supposed to add their "me too's" on, so that we have some more voices adding to the issue.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Sunsy

@ThanosReXXX Alright, I edited it in.

Anyway, how's everyone else doing? Goes good with me, completed my Christmas shopping today by finally picking up a new game for my nephew as well as a MicroSD card for his Switch.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NintendoByNature

3.5 hours into sword. I'm pleasantly surprised with how much im enjoying the game. From someone who's not typically a turn based rpg guy, it's actually alot of fun. Even my daughter is loving. It's probably the only game weve sat down and played this much story wise.

My Pokemon evolved just now. That was cool and unexpected. Just wish she could've stayed the little cute sobble that she was

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@NintendoByNature Glad you're both enjoying it. Haven't played Pokemon Sword or Shield yet, if I remember from the previous games, you could cancel an evolution with the B button while a Pokemon evolves. If you do this, they'll just evolve the next time they level up. Interestingly, if you don't evolve them, Pokemon can still learn some new moves too.

Edited on by Sunsy

Eel

Pokémon will both learn new moves and level up faster if you keep them from evolving, so use that to your advantage.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, Fisk seems like more of an EA guy. I could also easily see him as one of the slick Mercian businessmen who somehow gets his hands on an EPL club and adds to his villainy.

@NintendoByNature - It’s great to hear you two are enjoying Sword! It’s kind of funny you both have the same level experience with Pokémon games. My initial pitch to my wife to get it for my daughter for Christmas didn’t go great. Poor timing, but I just barged ahead with it anyway. I’m probably not done bringing it up, but I understand the logic in not buying a text heavy RPG for a kid who can’t read yet. Even though I know she’d enjoy it, it’s a tough stance to overcome, and I’m not super ambitious to push it.

I bought two frozen pie crusts today to make a double batch of sugar cream pies for Thanksgiving. I have my grandma’s instructions for pie dough, but I’ll be lucky to end up with two actual pies without spending the time on the dough. Maybe next year. I’ll let you know how they turn out.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NEStalgia

@NintendoByNature he said he's enjoying Sword!
Untitled

@Hobbit Gamer i can think of several mildly inappropriate mod sensible Elmo pictures to post in response to that

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@Sunsy @Eel that's good to know, and I think the 'ship of not evolving' has sailed.. i didn't know you can deny the evolution. So i just went along with it. And thats almost exact opposite of what I'd imagine would happen after they evolve. You'd think once they evolve, they would level up faster and learn new moves. Guess I have much to learn. Also experienced cooking, camping and fishing which was sweet!

@bimmy-lee I can completely understand. My daughter's at that right age where she can read most of what is going on in the game. It takes her a bit, but she can do it nonetheless. I think luigis mansion, or nsmbu( or mario maker) and some snes app games would do you guys good. Super Mario world, mario kart, f zero are probably games you both can enjoy. Ages 4-5 are usually good for platformers platforms and kart racers. It's a little easier for them to grasp. 6-7 is where you can introduce some text in game for them. Unless of course they're advanced.

Shoot, i forgot to pick up ingredients today for sugar cream pie. Thanks for reminding me. Ill stop at the store tomorrow to grab some ingredients. I'm also making cornbread casserole. Make it every year and it's always a hit. Believe it or not, it's the easiest recipe on the block. I wont tell them though 😉. I love casseroles, just hoping someone else brings a cass or two Thursday.

@NEStalgia great now I'll have nightmares 😯 lol

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yeah, I suppose so. Good point. I'd rather not think about a real life kingpin at the head of EA, though. They're already bad enough as it is...

@NEStalgia The picture you just posted is already inappropriate enough, thanks.

Giving me a bloody headache already after looking at it for longer than a couple of seconds. Imagine what it would do to people that are more sensitive in nature or who are subject to physical discomfort because of flashing images and such...

Anti-Matter

I feel bored today. 😴
I drew my alter ego as a handsome nerd high school student.
Untitled

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Eel - What’s the strategy in holding off evolutions? Is it to grind out maximum XP before you’re forced to evolve due to more difficult opponents?

@NintendoByNature - Oh, I loooove a good cornbread casserole. The sides are the stars of the show on Thanksgiving in my opinion. Turkey is fine, but it’s so much better eating it with all the side dishes. I already know what my first two plates of food will be. The first plate is basically a vessel for gravy delivery, and cornbread casserole will be on the second plate of items I enjoy on their own without gravy. It’s truly a great eating day, full of sloth and over indulgence.

@Anti-Matter - I trust there’s a six pack under that shirt, tie, and vest?

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Eel

You made a Ravenclaw Harry Potter.

@bimmy-lee usually people just prevent evolution to learn a move faster or make the game harder. Or simply because they like the Pokemon as it is.

Not many use it for the exp boost, as far as I know.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ThanosReXXX

@Eel Too bad about that big men thread. I was about to come up with a rather snappy answer...

ThanosReXXX

@Eel No, thanks. And I already forgot what it was exactly, that I wanted to say, because I just received some bad work-related news, that I now have to mentally digest...

@NEStalgia That depends: do YOU like big men? Or ARE you big?
Oh, well. Here you go...
(not that it's of much use anymore, because Eel already locked it)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Wow, that was surprisingly direct. And from an actual regular member, not a one-time spam account to boot! That's pretty weird. I wonder if that was a case of someone getting access to someone's computer while logged into NL and them deciding to have a little fun?

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic