Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,501 to 36,520 of 96,530

LaserdiscGal

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I own a ps4, and use Pushsquare more than NL, I just don't comment on the former because I was never active there, whereas I used to be here. Maybe if we all learn to take a joke and we'll all have a lot more fun

Also; I used to moderate both websites for a time, I still have some nudes of Alex covered in salad cream laying somewhere around here.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

bimmy-lee

@HobbitGamer - Sounds delightful! I’ve never seen or heard of it, but I’m not surprised. I garontee they use some cayenne pepper in Cajun brittle, and it probably also has ridges.

@Danksparce - The pics are covered in salad cream, or Alex is covered in salad cream??? I just want to clarify because it would make a big difference in overall picture quality.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Daniel36

HobbitGamer wrote:

@Daniel36 A Surface is the next pc device I’ll buy, maybe in the spring. Can light gaming be done with one?

Uhh, yeah I guess. I use mine for music production, using Reason 10, which is a pretty heavy program, but it works really well.

It's obviously not intended to be a gaming laptop (or, in fact, a music production laptop per sé), so like Nestalgia says, no Gears or Forza, but it's a really nice laptop, and indeed works wonderfully as a LAP-top because of its light weight. Battery life is also insane.

I've played a ton of Dwarf Fortress on it too, and even that game seems to work just fine on it. So... That's saying something!!

The biggest downside, besides its slightly above average cost, is that there's only one USB drive, but one can circumvent that if need be. The docking station is a blatant cash grab though, it's ridiculous.

Edited on by Daniel36

Daniel36

NotTelevision

@HobbitGamer Have you tried a pecan praline? They are pretty popular in the New Orleans area, but were always a bit sweet for my taste. Like eating pure sugar. Some people swear by them though.

NotTelevision

bimmy-lee

@Danksparce - I see. I should have considered that option, it makes sense. These pics are starting to sound like a multimedia art installation where we’re to look past the nudity to see the real statement being made about salad cream.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Oh, bless your heart, my child, but I was already WAY past it and done with it, so good as your intentions were, I was already a wee bit ahead of you. Appreciated nonetheless...

On a side note: the joke about Push Square actually WAS funny. You just need to understand the tone we use here. Most of the time, it's only ever semi-serious, so you shouldn't read to much into it. Causes all kinds of unnecessary discussions, as we've already been witness to recently...

@bimmy-lee Haha, quite the entertaining story and image. Now fast-forward to 2019 and try and explain to current gen gamers that you ACTUALLY had fun playing a game that isn't running at an obligatory 60fps...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee And the main question would then be: "but was it ranch?"

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I started with Super NES, as well. My dad owned it since Christmas 1991. He had quite a few games for it, though he wasn't into Zelda or Metroid. He had Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, F-Zero, the Donkey Kong Country series, and even a few sports games like NHL 94, so I grew up playing all of those. I wasn't good at the sports games, which is fine because I'm not a big fan of them anyway. I do like some Mario sports games though!

Sadly I never had a Sega console growing up, back when they were making consoles - the first non-Nintendo console I had was the PlayStation 2. I always wanted to play Sonic though, so I had to wait until Sonic Adventure 2 Battle became a thing. I had to have it. I remember my dad telling me, "no, that's on Sega." I was like, "I'm serious. That's a GameCube game. I saw the commercials and everything!" I'm certainly glad Sonic games came on Nintendo platforms. Yeah it did feel a bit strange at the time, but man, was it satisfying to see.

Yeah, I highly recommend Super Metroid. One of the best games ever made.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - The dressing in the pictures is almost assuredly ranch or a similar variety. A vinaigrette is out of the question. That would be absurd. It needs to have the consistency and color of ranch to cover just enough skin to make it art. Now, the top layer of dressing, the one confirmed spilled all over the pics should be something fairly clear and runny, like a light poppyseed or vinaigrette so we can still see the pics to look past the nudity to see the real statement being made about salad cream.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee I don't think I'm fairly sure that I don't want to be imagining something fairly clear and runny being spilled all over pictures of people...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

HobbitGamer

Since Alex is a ginger, wouldn’t ranch blend too well to his skin? I feel like Thousand Island would be a better contrast.

Hey @AlexOlney ! What salad dressing do you slather in when nude? Asking for friends.

@NotTelevision They are tasty, but I’m not a big fan of pralines. Too sweet for my taste.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I'm very sad to hear about that, so my deepest sympathies to you and the people involved, but there was no way that any of us could have known about this, so please don't take offense at a bad joke that was, in your case, horribly miss-timed.

I very much understand your sentiments, but in this thread, we're never about personally (edit: or seriously) insulting, hurting or bad-mouthing people, so I hope that mitigates the effect somewhat. It's just people letting off steam, making jokes, sometimes bad ones, and in general seeking a bit of an escape and/or outlet from the more hectic bits of this site (and probably the rest of the Internet's often less friendly environments).

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

MsJubilee

It seems no one can take a joke nowadays. Anything or everything is going to hurt someone one way or the other.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

bimmy-lee

@Eel - Finish that one next week. It’ll be okay then.

@HobbitGamer - You’re so right. I got so caught up in the big picture that I totally forgot about little things like contrast. I’ve already put in a PO for five gallons of 1,000 island. It’s going to arrive in a single bucket. I think it’s coming from Arby’s. I got buy one get one free, but I need the other five gallons for a different project.

limby-bee was a jerk.

MsJubilee

bimmy-lee wrote:

Eel - Finish that one next week. It’ll be okay then.

No, he's gone now you can finish the joke.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Anti-Matter

@bimmy-lee
Used to be there was Arby's fast food restaurant in Indonesia like it was 20 years ago.
Now it's gone, replaced by Burger King and Carl's Jr in Indonesia.
I miss the layered roast beef burger from Arby's and its Baked Potato varieties.

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Well....sometimes you can predict a story's ending from the prologue.....

@HobbitGamer Those are Play Anywhere titles. When they say anywhere, they don't actually mean anywhere. They mean anywhere that doesn't suck for games. I love my Surface Pro, but I'm not under the illusion it's a suitable X360 replacement let alone X1. What it DOES do blissfully well though, is stream from my X1 over the LAN, but I've never taken it out of the LAN or bothered to setup up the firewall to allow it

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy We also talk about trains here. A lot. You should be sure to mention them often.

I lurk but have never posted at PushSquare, though I did love following the dumpster fire of FO76 there last year. I'm not sure the forums are any better than these...but I may have been too late. The main difference I see is on PS, you're flamed to the curb if you say anything negative about Sony. On this forum you're flamed to the curb if you say anything positive about Nintendo. I've never seen another fan site where the primary conversation is being anti- the thing the fansite is about

@Danksparce "Where we tell kids Playstation fans go"
I thought that was GameFAQs?

@Eel It's highly inappropriate to joke about abort-uh stereotypes! My best friend is an abort-uh!

@Anti-Matter Arby's solidarity, brother!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Meh, it was all your fault anyway. You triggered him into commenting/reacting...
But all kidding aside, I'm glad this thread has moved on and the waters have calmed again.

Oh, and no: we DON'T talk about trains here. Ever again...

@Anti-Matter That burger sounded REALLY good. I'd probably miss that too, if they would replace that with something less interesting and/or tasty.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic