Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 36,481 to 36,500 of 96,305

ThanosReXXX

@jump See? Other people already confirm that you're apparently reading FAR too much into my comments. They mean EXACTLY what is written, and NOTHING else, so whatever weird twisting paths your brain is trying to make to seek insults and personal attacks in them is entirely your own problem, not mine. If I was out to insult or attack you, I would have never dedicated so much text to explaining myself, nor would I even make the effort of apologizing to you, which by the way, was a genuine apology.

There are no "digs" made at you, and I wasn't baiting you either. In fact, I've SPECIFICALLY added that bit in parentheses to indicate that I was just making a bit of fun, simply because it's all so silly and ridiculous that we've now already spent so much time and text to a complete non-issue. You seem to be VERY easily offended, which is a shame, because there's no one here trying to insult or attack you, and yet you insist on making that point. And THAT is why I suggested you'd take your own advice, and also to take a look into the mirror. It's not always other people that are doing things, you know. It might be you, sometimes...

@bimmy-lee Thanks for the support, man. I was almost, mind you: juuuussst almost, beginning to question myself. I've re-read my comments several times, to see where I supposedly did something wrong, or made "accusations" instead of the things that I actually said, but it's always good to have a second opinion confirming what I already thought was happening. Oh, well. Can't win 'em all, I suppose...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - I guess you can’t. I’ve been through this exercise before briefly in a different thread. I could type three paragraphs, and then get one sentence quoted and misinterpreted. I just stopped posting because that type of back and forth isn’t even remotely conversation. Oh, and I remembered something when you mentioned Acer earlier. I played DOOM on a dark green Acer at about four frames a second. I slogged through it.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Back in the day when Doom was still new and exciting, or much later? If the former, I could imagine, because back then, you'd need a "high end" system to be able to run that, for the time, revolutionary game.

What a way to play it, though. Like an interactive slide show. I honestly don't know whether to feel your pain or to be impressed at what must have been a glorious example of human patience...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - It was back in the day, and four frames might have been an exaggeration, but it was really bad. You’re right, it was basically an interactive slide show where I could occasionally shoot demons.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Well, no mediation needed for my part, seeing as I'm no offender.

@bimmy-lee So, miss the slide, miss the demon, then?

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-Lee delayed response but Yea.. it was a good time. Won't have time tonight to fire it back up with her but possibly tomorrow night. Played some duck tales last night and it was surprisingly harder than I thought. I never played the original to my knowledge but I did have darkwing duck on nes as a kid.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy And everything was corn and peanut fields....mmhmm

@NEStalgia I was thinking along the lines of the play anywhere titles. I’m always down for a fallout fix...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ha, yep, I remember taking a lot of melee damage because the demons would suddenly go from across the room to eating my marine in a few frames. You know, I was so mesmerized by the carnage and the new fps experience that I really didn’t think much about how it was supposed to play on an optimized rig. I just played it that way and loved it back then. I’ve played it plenty of times since and laughed at myself.

@NintendoByNature - Yeah, it wouldn’t be a nightly experience for us either. Maybe a few times a week, but I can envision us also going long stretches without it. Concerning Ducktales, it does have a bit of the NES level difficulty to it, but if you’ve gotten through something like The Messenger; you’ll get this with ease. It was one of the carts in my meager NES collection as a kid. I rented Darkwing a few times, but can’t really remember it. I have a faint memory of it being a difficult game.

@HobbitGamer - Last weekend, I ate an insane amount of extra salty, shelled peanuts during the Colts game. It was basically lunch, and I was just covered in peanut skins and shell debris after. It was so good, I had to vacuum. You tell them peanut farmers to keep growing those peanuts in those peanut fields. There’s folks that appreciate their hard work.

limby-bee was a jerk.

HobbitGamer

@bimmy-lee I’ll pass the word along. No lie, we just had the annual peanut festival last month. I’m pretty sure Carter tried to grow peanuts on the South Lawn down by the secret service buildings. 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee for sure. Yea I'll have to dive back into ducktales again. It's fun, Just hard at some points. Darkwing duck was pretty much megaman, in many ways. Fun; but really hard.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Okay, with a little over a week to spare, I’ve scoured google images for the sugar cream pie that most resembles my grandma’s sugar cream pie, and I’ve found it here:

https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/hoosier-sugar-cream...

Do with it what you will, but it sure looks the part. Sorry I couldn’t provide the actual recipe, but the first thing the author of this recipe writes is that she spent a lot of time working on it to match her great grandma’s sugar cream pie recipe which also was never written down and eventually lost to time. ( @Tyranexx , if you’re keeping score, this is the best I could do)

@HobbitGamer - I’d love a peanut festival! Huge fan. This time of year is peanut brittle season around here, and that’s one of my personal favorite uses of that magical little legume, the peanut.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee sweetness, my friend. So is it served chilled huh? That recipe seems easy enough and something i may try over thanksgiving break. If i do, ill be sure to send you my thoughts.

NintendoByNature

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Cool, I never owned an NES, I started with the Super NES. I think I should give Super Metroid a go sometime. I don't have the original cart at all, but I do have a Super NES mini that has the game. Really did enjoy Fusion, so might enjoy this given it's traditional 2D Metroid.

Awesome. Even though I owned Nintendo systems as a kid, my brother had the Genesis and I played Sonic 2 and 3 there. I even got a Game Gear and a Dreamcast just to play Sonic games. It felt weird seeing Sonic show up on Nintendo when Sega stopped making systems, I'm thankful it did. Having Sonic and Nintendo games in one place was great.

Still remember the Sonic Advance 2 trailer in the bonus section, had a song that never appeared in the final game. Those bonuses were fun.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Yep, you serve it chilled, and you have to keep it in the fridge to store it. The recipe calls for a minimum of four hours chilled, but I’d make it the night before. It’s a peasant pie for sure, simple to whip up with ordinary ingredients. It was my favorite, but my grandma just made it as filler for the pie table to complement her pumpkin and berry pies.

limby-bee was a jerk.

MsJubilee

I'm loving this weather! It's deliciously cold and the rain makes it so much better.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

LaserdiscGal

@Ninfan It's where we tell kids PlayStation fans go, but in reality, we just put them down.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

NotTelevision

What’s a nintenda lif? I wen to my email and sawthem? Nobody tell me.

NotTelevision

HobbitGamer

Danksparce wrote:

@Ninfan It's where we tell kids PlayStation fans go, but in reality, we just put them down.

That’s funny right there.

@bimmy-lee Try some Cajun brittle! It has just enough heat to blend well with the sweetness

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic